What buffs to use?

Options
iexze
iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Cleric
Yo!

Kind of new being a cleric however I have read the guides and such.

What buffs do you use? Do some overwrite others like some seeker buffs or can you just spam them all?

Also with healing, IH from what I read is good but not BOP?

Any other tips or tricks?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    You can buff without any problem, other class doesn't have the same buff.

Yes IH is the best heal. People don't use BOP anymore when they get IH and wellspring surge.
    BOP is not bad, it's just not the best of all the heals we have.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • iexze
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Hmm ok thanks, which seal is best to max if spirit is an issue?
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The p.def debuff and then the silence one are the first ones I levelled. The p.def buff because it helps your tanks and the silence on because if you get heal aggro, you can just seal and move away until someone can deal with it. I did sleep last. Sleep is good but sometimes dds poke it and can't handle it either, which wastes the point of it. the m.def debuff is of equal priority to the seal since it increases your own damage. Which is helpful while questing and such.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • iexze
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ok thanks :)
    edited December 2012
    Options
    For the p.def debuff there's other class that have it too, so just be carefull to don't debuff a boss/mobs already debuff by someone in your squad, cause some other class p.def debuff is better than cleric one, if you saw a barb/bm/veno do it, than don't do it, if no one do it, feel free to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    For the p.def debuff there's other class that have it too, so just be carefull to don't debuff a boss/mobs already debuff by someone in your squad, cause some other class p.def debuff is better than cleric one, if you saw a barb/bm/veno do it, than don't do it, if no one do it, feel free to do it.

Veno p.def debuff isn't as good as cleric one unless it armor breaks. It's for the same percent, but ours last longer. Just watch out for barbs devour since a BM gs is gonna be obvious and probably not something they just whip out there. Probably something they reserve for the same time as another BM hfs. When you get to the appropriate level just ask the veno if they have the armor break one. In which case don't use yours.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Veno p.def debuff isn't as good as cleric one unless it armor breaks. It's for the same percent, but ours last longer. Just watch out for barbs devour since a BM gs is gonna be obvious and probably not something they just whip out there. Probably something they reserve for the same time as another BM hfs. When you get to the appropriate level just ask the veno if they have the armor break one. In which case don't use yours.

Depend on level, sage Ironwood Scarab is 40% for 20 seconds and demon have 20% chance of reduce the p.def to 0 and Myriad Rainbow is 100% when it work. So if the veno have it sage I'll normally don't bother to do it cause the veno use that attack enough often to keep the boss debuff. If the veno is demon than I'll do it, but if I see the veno debuffed the boss I wont do it since it's 0 p.def debuff.

The veno have level 10 Ironwood at level 54, while for the cleric need to be level 74 to have level 10 Dimensional Seal. So if the veno have it level 10 the percent of the veno is higher than the cleric 'til the cleric get level 74.

Anyway, if there's a barb normally you don't need to do it, nvm the other class in the squad.

If there's no barb, but there's a veno, check with the veno if he/she is sage or demon or learn the animation of Myriad Rainbow and Ironwood scarab, if the veno is sage and use Ironwood often don't bother to use your p.def debuff, if she's demon you can debuff when you see the boss/mobs is not debuff. (I don't know your level so if you are lowest than level 74 and there's a veno in your squad there's high chance that the veno debuff is highest than your)

For the BM skill Myriad Sword Stance it cost them 2 spark, so if they do it do not debuff just after them, wait til the boss is not debuff anymore to use your debuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• iexze
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ok, well from that I think just running instances and learning that way would be good as well :). I didn't realize a cleric had so much to do ^.^
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    They're just talking about most efficient debuffing. Good cleric's will watch for it and know the debuffs of other classes. Typically, I try to get my buff off first and then let a veno/barb overwrite since a barb's devour is 50% and a venos is usually either equal to yours or dpesn't proc and no worries or procs for 100% pdef debuff and overwrites yours. Then we just repeat about every 15 seconds. Easiest way to spot a Devour is it also creates the black box with the green squiggly in it along with the pdef debuff because Devour lower boss attack levels at the same time.

Not so hard to remember since a good cleric and good squad should communicate, and the barb may just shout "I'll Devour" and then you don't have to do any debuffing. You'll also see trends in squads after the first boss. Someone always debuffing so you don't have to.

If you are debuffing, learn whether bosses aoe and if they do physical or magical damage. Our debuffs are double-edged and if you pdef debuff a boss with a physical aoe you might get yourself killed. You're the cleric so play it sage sometimes.

I am glad you're learning this early. With a 30% lvl 10 debuff the sins/bms/barb/seekers will get about 18% more hp in paint heals alone, making your job of healing them alot easier. In high level BHs I usualy don't need to heal as long as I debuff. The mobs die quicker and my dd's stay healed. Also, you can use your debuffs to select who gets aggro sometimes. Don't debuff and its easier for a barb to keep aggro with flesh ream. Have a sin thats comfortable tanking? Debuff for him and he'll have an easier time tanking and aggro will stay on him so you won't have to aggro bounce. Have a wizzy that keeps grabbing aggro? Chose to either heal the wizzy (and mdef debuff the boss) or chose to let an HA tank and pdef debuff the boss. Your debuffs can be used to give aggro to only 1 person so you only have to heal one person. Protips.

IH is the way to go on 95% of the heals.

If someone is in your squad give them all your buffs. If they aren't and already have cleric buffs, ask first. Alot of lower level players use apothecary items that boost recovery to 100 hp and 100 mana, much better than our 10hp/10mana.

Learn to use your shields.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory