Nation Wars: New Time Slots?

Comments

• Kemmotare - Lost City
    Kemmotare - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello, since this game is global there should not be timed events, i mean Nation Wars or Territory Wars which i could not participate because it is at 7 and 8 AM for me! i'm on Lost City server, when i started game there was only that server which was PVP! now PWI do something for people make either that events twice a day 12 hours difference or make possible to move Characters from one server to another b:angry

Or another opinion, Make event at friday at 8 PM and at sunday at 8 AM
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wether or not the players from outside the North American timezone are numerous enough for PWE to consider adapting for them IS very on to topic. Which zone spends enough cash is also a factor of consideration for a company, even if morally that motivation can be debated.

For you, as 1 of the first and main persons to bring up the point of the current times fitting the vast majority of the playerbase (something like "for just 10 - 15 EU players"), to now post this is rather contradictory to a large number of your previous posts.

Legal information contains more then just $ information and even $ information can be used to deduct other information. It's just that nobody cares enough, or has enough time to waste, to actually go look for that (me included).

I just personally think that if they change the time that wont be base on who c$ the most in the world, but it's just my opinion. I don't think money should be the factor of moving the time or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    these type topics are frustrating to me, I am one hour off from my server's time zone. I can not attend CoA, the pk Tourney, 8am or 2pm TW times, and nation wars on friday is iffy at best ( I almost fell asleep at work the next day when i tried to do it)
    I am not complaining, that is just the way my life is. I live with it because my time doesnt mesh up with most people's playing time. leave the times where they are. make a second time frame, and you can only enter one a day, or just leave it alone and get over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh please. I can give a good example of a non US cash shopper thats spent $50K+ on this game, thats rules out about what 10 us cash shoppers? Don't flatter yourself. US does not bring all the income. It won't kill you to have 1 nation war on a EU time zone. If you can prove that US provides more income ill take back this statement but i highly doubt it.

I know a guy... whose uncle's buddy's 2nd cousin's dog's vet's friend spends $100k+ on this game and lives in US.
    Show proof and I'll believe you.

Also, don't you think there's a lot of cash shopper EU (and not only) players who have quit or are at the verge of quitting? But that's not the point of this thread.

No one has to convince you of anything. You are the ones who wants change... its your job to convince others if you really want to change anything.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just personally think that if they change the time that wont be base on who c$ the most in the world, but it's just my opinion. I don't think money should be the factor of moving the time or not.

That's totally at your honor, but we all know money will take a large part in the equation for a company b:chuckle Even though that will be based on a strategy for future income, which is always a guess and not necessarily as obvious as it seems at 1st sight.
    No one has to convince you of anything. You are the ones who wants change... its your job to convince others if you really want to change anything.

19 pages just on this thread and even a GM post in it. That is convincing enough for being seriously considered I would say b:laugh

Besides, anyone bringing in statistics presented as facts should have a source. Your quote has nothing to do with convincing.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    19 pages just on this thread and even a GM post in it. That is convincing enough for being seriously considered I would say b:laugh

Yes, because everytime a GM posts something its being seriously considered. Just when was the last time some serious consideration lead to any change?
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, because everytime a GM posts something its being seriously considered. Just when was the last time some serious consideration lead to any change?

.ini editing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012

.ini editing.

And how many years did that take?
    b:chuckle
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    And how many years did that take?
    b:chuckle

A year and 7 months. Quite an optimist, aren't you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• viseuse
    viseuse Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    there is give or take 50m playing PWI which 25m+ are on chinese server leaving around 20m player spread over the remaining servers.

i downloaded that game 2 years ago i was asked to choose which server and i live on the east cost guess which one i picked. EU server open after east coast server a very few east coast will even think of opening an account on EU server..guess why!...apparntly EU server are the biggest too

NW is full crack when the event starts ..so much we experience client crashes and what not. now i see half of douzaine QQ EU player in that entire post and the other are probably not from EU i guess they can QQ for their time zone too why not...

...that been said taking aside the $ and even % base player the only reasonable way would be be to split even if PWI would consider 50% of base player and $ income to be from both is to set time of event on the weekend in mid day around 3 O'clock to accomodate most.

But that is not considering those who still can't make it cuz they work night shift, work on weekend and w/e else.

Now the hammer on the nail.... it is a east coast server with east coast time zione and why the hell would you set an event to a different time zone the the actual time zone server. the economy has crashed and will keep doing with no mean for player to farm beside that event what happen whenn all get what they needed the problem remains and what now QQ again
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012

A year and 7 months. Quite an optimist, aren't you?
    Actually it was a bit longer than that. We've been asking for ini editing since around the Genie expansion when they removed some of the settings that we had available in the character creator screen.

Sending something up the chain of command in PWE land seems to be akin to paddling a wooden canoe upstream in a river of lava.

I mean, our dev's aren't even allowed to touch our servers to fix simple things like snowmen, PK in SP, or the Duke shouts. We're talking about simple changes any monkey could do, and we have to wait for someone in management for PW-CN to get off their *** and realize we need it resolved AFTER it's managed to climb far enough up the chain of command here.

Over six months ago they promised an upgrade to the websites... Still waiting. And that's local dev's in action.

I'm a realist.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    viseuse wrote: »
    there is give or take 50m playing PWI which 25m+ are on chinese server leaving around 20m player spread over the remaining servers.

20 million? there are about 8500 NW participants across all the PWI servers. are the rest of them EU players who cant participate because of their timezone?

you should get to the hospital, because the damage from pulling a number that big out of your butt will probably warrant some surgery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viseuse
    edited December 2012
    i ran out of charater to extend my reply so i i reply again...

All of that considered and let say they do it, what happen to TW timing now we set the time whenevr the is. That been said again this is a PvP server you are from EU i should thank you from been AFK every week for TW which make my server very fyn to play...i hope you feel my sarcasm.

i'm going to stop here cuz if you didn't get the point by now you all should think of playing a game in your time zone and close this post thread.

Sorry for the inconvenimence, but like i heard many time ..live is a B!@#@! and we deal with.
  • viseuse
    edited December 2012
    20 million? there are about 8500 NW participants across all the PWI servers. are the rest of them EU players who cant participate because of their timezone?

you should get to the hospital, because the damage from pulling a number that big out of your butt will probably warrant some surgery.

that is what PWI claim and say so your comment goes right where you mention it.

but no matter how many we are that does not change the remaining statement.
  • kiimio
    kiimio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    viseuse wrote: »
    i ran out of charater to extend my reply so i i reply again...

All of that considered and let say they do it, what happen to TW timing now we set the time whenevr the is. That been said again this is a PvP server you are from EU i should thank you from been AFK every week for TW which make my server very fyn to play...i hope you feel my sarcasm.

i'm going to stop here cuz if you didn't get the point by now you all should think of playing a game in your time zone and close this post thread.

Sorry for the inconvenimence, but like i heard many time ..live is a B!@#@! and we deal with.

Actually i feel some slight pain in my right eye while reading your comments b:surrender

EDIT: Now its twitching, is that normal?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012

.ini editing.

Good point... now all you have to do is bellyache for another year and a half.

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012

Exactly that attitude is why things take ages to change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if that has been said before or not, but there are special events at certain hours as well.
    These include but are not limited to the territory wars, snake island races, the forest ruins instance, the lucids, the quiz times (when there are), the assault events (celestial tigers, assault on Archosaur -I seriously want Duke to be captured then eaten by the wraiths, btw-)...

These are not happening at the best times for European players (I know that well since I am one of them).

Will GMs and devs do something about Nation Wars times? I sincerely doubt they will ever bother with this, just like for the rest mentioned above.

If the devs ever bother listening to our higher-ups. I sadly stopped praying for the best to happen in this game for that reason.

Oh and Xainou, I did take the .ini partial rule change as a totally marvelous surprise (just like the acceptance of dual-clienting). I never thought it could happen. But again, given all we ask for (and there are excellent suggestions in the lot), it still constitutes a tiny sum of granted wishes.
    Of course it's better than nothing, but there could be so much more that could be done or be corrected.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Of course it's better than nothing, but there could be so much more that could be done or be corrected.

Yes, I am aware of that. However, unless someone stands up for that, and draws others on his side, change won't happen. Takes some persistance and fight.

And the difference between those other events and NW is that NW completely kicked nirvana out of the window as a farming/money making instance. Same for trials. It's basically limiting that farming time to those time slots now, if you can't take part, you're screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Exactly that attitude is why things take ages to change.

What attitude? You mean my apathy? Kind of hard to care about something that you really really really don't care for.

• Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What attitude? You mean my apathy? Kind of hard to care about something that you really really really don't care for.

Then why are you still here if you care oh so little? Negative people have a negative life ijs. b:cute
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    Then why are you still here if you care oh so little? Negative people have a negative life ijs. b:cute

Cause there are idiots who want to change nation time to 8am... and I don't want to wake up at 8am.

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes, I am aware of that. However, unless someone stands up for that, and draws others on his side, change won't happen. Takes some persistance and fight.

And the difference between those other events and NW is that NW completely kicked nirvana out of the window as a farming/money making instance. Same for trials. It's basically limiting that farming time to those time slots now, if you can't take part, you're screwed.

Your screwed if your not smart enough to figure out how to profit from this if you can't attend the actual NW. If you are smart enough, you'll go out and merchant the raps/cannies/seal of wars/so on.....and make a huge profit from it eventually. We don't need nirvana anymore. Other then becoming a "10cannies 4 raps" for 99 keys place during x2, NW gives us a stronger chance to get profit for endgame gear w/o depending on a x2 to roll around and run nirvana 24/7 afterwards for a week to 1 month and then wait again.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Your screwed if your not smart enough to figure out how to profit from this if you can't attend the actual NW. If you are smart enough, you'll go out and merchant the raps/cannies/seal of wars/so on.....and make a huge profit from it eventually. We don't need nirvana anymore. Other then becoming a "10cannies 4 raps" for 99 keys place during x2, NW gives us a stronger chance to get profit for endgame gear w/o depending on a x2 to roll around and run nirvana 24/7 afterwards for a week to 1 month and then wait again.

Excuse me for wanting to play an MMO, not an economics simulator...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Excuse me for wanting to play an MMO, not an economics simulator...

People complaining "bad time zone for me QQ' and rather not deal with it whatsoever unless it ticks into their timezone and keep QQ'ing about it on forums 24/7 when this gives them the ability to merchant the rewards from the people who do it. We don't need new time slots for NW, we need smarter people who know how to merchant if they wish to stay on non-EU based servers.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    People complaining "bad time zone for me QQ' and rather not deal with it whatsoever unless it ticks into their timezone and keep QQ'ing about it on forums 24/7 when this gives them the ability to merchant the rewards from the people who do it. We don't need new time slots for NW, we need smarter people who know how to merchant if they wish to stay on non-EU based servers.

Pretty crappy argument. So players now have to make up for some high up **** with game balance some more? Not how a good game works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ehh instead of fighting each other why don't we start some brainstorming on how to make NW better.

There have been some nice suggestions thus far that could potentially work out great and the -limiting the new farming instance to specific timezone- is not the only issue NW has (though of course that's not part of this thread but just mentioning).

Yes, "PWE never listens" and "it takes ages to make a change" but it's worth a try and doesn't cost you anything plus if you never even try, things will certainly not change.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Maybe some people just want to be able to do the event? Imean it's one of the best event ever, people have fun so I guess for some people it's more about be able to enjoy the event and for other it's about the money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Cause there are idiots who want to change nation time to 8am... and I don't want to wake up at 8am.

Oh wow 8am!!!! That is so damn early! Oh noes! Guess what we wake up 3am for nation wars, we are only asking for 1 day for EU people, You still get the other day. Oh but thats right then your profit is cut in half when some EU people cant even do it to get anything. Damn your life will suck so bad if your profit is halved oh noes, and heaven forbid 8am?! Damn my life will end if i wake up that time.

Stop being a spoiled brat.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Yes, "PWE never listens" and "it takes ages to make a change" but it's worth a try and doesn't cost you anything plus if you never even try, things will certainly not change.

I hope Labells reads this and get's out of her corner b:mischievous
    Ehh instead of fighting each other why don't we start some brainstorming on how to make NW better.
    [...]

The main problem is the players that for who the current times fit perfectly well, a big part don't want the events more accessible. After all, if everyone can do attend to nation wars, none of the rewards would sell anymore or it would be at least chopped down a lot. Being in the zone = farm advantage + merchant advantage.

Therefore, there are a lot of posters like that archer who sais "not to care" who's simply trying to make the issue smaller then it really is. A similar communication plan was used for goon glitch and ini editing, which is a reason everything takes so long imo. You even see them post in a poll asking EU players if they would actually change servers if it were to be allowed...

Next to ini editing, I would like to give an older exemple : auto-path. That is a feature comming from the suggestion forums, and also took a while to get to actual implementing with all the hostility about it's "useless-ness". Not even 1 week after it got implemented, nobody could do without anymore.

Well, at least we can say they changed the unballance between classes has been largely resolved ... b:surrender
    Maybe some people just want to be able to do the event? Imean it's one of the best event ever, people have fun so I guess for some people it's more about be able to enjoy the event and for other it's about the money.

This. Reminds me of a discussion with KawaiiJen on event times before NW.

b:cute who would think I could agree with you b:cute