Best approach on psys?

XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
I was wondering what the best approach was against a psy in pvp. Ive always used stunning, deadly shot, and aim low, all demon, to try and amp my damage as best as i can to avoid the seal. Is there any other approaches that are good? I know there is a genie skill that removes seal, is it worth getting and the chances of it failing are? Ive got a genie that focuses more on quick regen, so I'm wondering if it would be worth getting and trying the bread and butter stunning, qs combo. Any feed back would be great =)
Archer Build:
pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
Sin Build:
pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
Post edited by XxRagzxx - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I was wondering what the best approach was against a psy in pvp. Ive always used stunning, deadly shot, and aim low, all demon, to try and amp my damage as best as i can to avoid the seal. Is there any other approaches that are good? I know there is a genie skill that removes seal, is it worth getting and the chances of it failing are? Ive got a genie that focuses more on quick regen, so I'm wondering if it would be worth getting and trying the bread and butter stunning, qs combo. Any feed back would be great =)

Just get Will Surge and they're as squishy as the next caster. You have to watch their buffs carefully for stunning / reflect / phys immunity.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Get Will Surge on your genie if you somehow don't have it by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Argh! I need to get to 103 to get Will Surge on my genie...

Great, now for 60 more FF runs...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Leveling the stupid genies past 100 is a pain too :<

I keep buying **** 5x/100 genies just for that.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just do bh and pick spirit reward and do cube. Then I fed spirit to my genie to lvl it. I think spirit has a nice ratio and is generally useless once you have your skills.

On topic, I don't have a purge bow or will surge, but WoG+IG+frenzy seems to work well against psys. Preferably if you catch them in Black.

AD can sometimes help, but the seal overall is problematic. I just usually kite it off and try again. It can't always proc.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i personally have found faith to work well against psychics. lower cooldown then ad, and will remove stun if they reflect that, and seals. also can be used in combo with ironguards if they dont drop after the initial pew pew pew. Also faith is great because of the surprise factor. most casters rely on their fast cast attack prevention skills, clerics with sleep, wizards seal, psychics with reflect stuns/seals. after doing this they will think they have you, allowing you to remove it and surprise them, resulting in an easier kill
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Get a purge off and most of us pop like a pimple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Try to bait the Psy to use their genie skills and Psychic Will, and once those two have finished (i.e. Stunning arrow to bait them to AD, auto attack to bait them to Psy Will), pop Will Surge and Quickshot if you're demon and pew pew away.

And obviously be sure to fight accordingly with anti stuns and the such.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Uh usually I use (sage) stunning arrow (badge of courage genie skill if reflected or soul of stunning is on) quickshot to get my crit to 65% (I have r9rr armour) and then sta which if it crits usually means the psy has to have about 15k hp to survive. If it doesn't crit I use stunning arrow or aim low and then hold my take aim hot key down to fire a fast shot while my crit buff is still on.

Will surge is definitely a great skill to have on a genie though. Depending on where the psy is on the field in relation to other team mates it might be useful to boa if they are a particularly tanky psy (of which there are several on my server) because boa can keep going even when silenced. I used to do this a lot before I became r9. It's quite an unexpected thing to do, so most psys run around like headless chickens popping sins around them and killing their other team mates.

Your combos should change depending on the situation however. Don't always rely on a few skills and go experiment in duels and things with some of your psy friends, and work out what works best for you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Ultimate tactic to kill a psy is 3x spark fortify IG. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Uh usually I use (sage) stunning arrow (badge of courage genie skill if reflected or soul of stunning is on) quickshot to get my crit to 65% (I have r9rr armour) and then sta which if it crits usually means the psy has to have about 15k hp to survive. If it doesn't crit I use stunning arrow or aim low

stilll on cd <_<

for offense archers are an opportunistic class for defense we are a reactive class, making it very strange to try and plan out the specifics for a fight. will surge n all is fine but it will be more important to make good calls in the moment; i just got sealed, my opponents hp is low, my genie cant use faith, but i can use sutra, should i or should i not? etc
  • deadwieght
    deadwieght Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    BoA if u talking about NW, will surge if ur talking about TW.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    stilll on cd <_<

Surely that depends on whether there is any movement involved with killing the target or using wings of grace or something?

Pointless comment is pointless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Surely that depends on whether there is any movement involved with killing the target or using wings of grace or something?

Pointless comment is pointless

oh my bad we were being realistic here, sounded like you meant you hit them with sucessive hits with no form of anti seal then finish them off @ low hp w/ STA while the psy continues to be afk? unless you meant you're 1 shotting them for 13k+ dmg. my apologies.

the last part of your post to go and fight a psy and be adaptive was the good part, the rest was pointful very pointful.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Pretty sure I said after a charm tick. Like I said it really depends how tanky the psy is. Sorry if I didn't explain myself very well. All I know is what works for me. I never use sta unless its on a barb or as an aoe or if the target has max hp... Ie after a charm tick. Usually I find that I don't need an anti seal. I will be looking into it though as a result of what's been mentioned on this thread
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pffffffffffff
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • supermofogod777
    supermofogod777 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    pffffffffffff

if the psy is this dude ^ , stealth, call a seeker and let him sacrificial slash qpq on him, then surge stun arrow quickshot :D
  • qzazn8
    qzazn8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    to add to what everyone's said, if you find yourself on the defensive, the genie skill oxygen bubble helps. It basically makes you immune to water damage for a short time. Hopefully, you can kill the psy before he/she realizes to start using earth skills b:pleased
    Not all my toons are female! I have a barb b:pleased
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yup! Oxygen Bubble might save your life sometimes against Psys.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    if the psy is this dude ^ , stealth, call a seeker and let him sacrificial slash qpq on him, then surge stun arrow quickshot :D
    SS+Quid hmm, i would just pop Expel right on Quid and it will be fine
  • Soochi - Archosaur
    Soochi - Archosaur Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yea apart from the obvious stuff, use channel pot + combo ( STA > QS > Deadly > Lightning )+ faith / AD, If the psy is in black, he ll die in the 3rd hit incase he reacts are uses psy will u got a magic follow up, make sure his AD and IG are in cooldown or unusable, till then use 4 magic ornis and tank easy ****, if u are talkin bout pve **** psys use single spark forti IG and QS + stun shud be enough. With a 5 min cd on awaken u can tank em all day with no issues. cheers.

PS: if a psy keeps camping white, like 99% of em spam ur debuff / dots/ burn their chi and dont waste urs, if they got SoS on, hit it and pretend to be a noob, they ll switch to black soon enough, then use faith and do w/e is needed, and if ur problem is psy will, dont be afraid to magic nuke it hurts them a lot, BV > shock > blast > strike on a insta cast pot with a single spark shud drop em in black, and dont spam stunning arrow, save it for when u purge, cuz the next reaction of a psy will be to go back to white or use psy will force em to use there genie.
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012