Which G16 Weapon is better ?

purewis
purewis Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Barbarian
i m 102 demon barb and planing to go for G16 set and got some parts but don't know which weapon is better for barb specially for pvp (TW,NW,...)

Resonance of Pride :
http://pwcalc.com/525d4c104132aebd

Spirit of Justice:
http://pwcalc.com/615d0d735c37f565

Chill of Blizzard :
http://pwcalc.com/faeb9bfdee58eb48

Unicorn's Tragedy :
http://pwcalc.com/18b1061723206aba

some have more speed or more power ?!

i will appreciate any advice for other parts and builds too
still i m wondering about full str or full vit or str/dex build (for pvp)
Post edited by purewis on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most barbs have some what poor accuracy or poor damage output, due to adding vit or focusing on hp/def/vit adds in their gear. For this reason barb pk is somewhat... survive and pray for spike damage like crits or zerks.

G16 doesn't have zerks but it does have great damage, and the best spike damage is from dual axes while skill spamming. Attack rate doesn't matter but you'll find some of your low end crits are lower then your high end averages and then you'll surprise yourself with an insane high end spike attack. So I'd say Unicorn Tragedies.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • f31
    f31 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i have g16 resonace of pride +10 pure str build it rocks.

my normal hit does same as a crith or serk of a barb who give a damn.

when i crith some sin aa dies.

muahaha b:laugh

go for whatever suits u best that is what u pick.
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    f31 wrote: »
    crith

Hi _Ghoul_
  • f31
    f31 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lol ello kalish.

b:laugh
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Hi _Ghoul_

Lol, couldn't understand his post but understood he likes hammers and thought the same thing.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol, couldn't understand his post but understood he likes hammers and thought the same thing.

The minute he wrote crith I knew it was him b:laugh
  • The_Plague - Dreamweaver
    The_Plague - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    As a O barb also with a 20% natral crit chance i like the consistancy of my low end dmg. I've always gone for hammers over axes except with Calams in my 70's
    Even for the 85 FC wpn i went absolute dominators. It really is a prefrence. If your not pure vit build u wont need to rely on spike dmg as much imo. So Ide recomend duel hammers.b:pleased
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    As a O barb also with a 20% natral crit chance i like the consistancy of my low end dmg. I've always gone for hammers over axes except with Calams in my 70's
    Even for the 85 FC wpn i went absolute dominators. It really is a prefrence. If your not pure vit build u wont need to rely on spike dmg as much imo. So Ide recomend duel hammers.b:pleased

Interesting point of view. I'm a demon claw barb so my crit is 25% but that only entices me more towards spike damage, lol. Spike is most fun when you get insane numbers.

Lets say your attack range with hammers is 55-65k, with 60k average, but the dual axes have a range of 30-90k with the same 60k average. Hammers would be something like 57, 64, 65, 114 (crit), 56, 118(crit), 62,... effective but boring. Axes are no better, but have some low end crits that are barely out of the range of your normal attacks and some crits that are almost 4 times higher than your other attacks, something like this: 38, 84, 57, 62, 178(crit), 31, 81, 77, 172(crit),... That 172k out of nowhere is some of the fun of having a high strength class. When you start getting amps and HFs and debuffs you'll see some crazy numbers. Overall, it all averages out to be the same as hammers, I just think its more fun.

Plus, in barb pk usually the opponent out dd's you, out kites you, and out controls (stuns/antistuns, freezes, seals). Barbs out last their opponents though. We don't need as many anti stuns because we can tank the damage even when stunned. We may only do 2/3s their damage output, but we've got more than 3/2 their hp :D so we'll outlast them. How alot of barbs when is even though our damage output or accuracy isn't the best, we survive and survive and survive until we get an opportunity and a couple crits/spike hits to kill our opponent.
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    out of interest though.....
    most skills say '' Base damage + **** amount of damage'',
    would it be better to go with a wep that has the highest base damage instead of highest peak damage. - in terms of skill spamming.
    Regular hits with axes will do more I guess...

or will Base damage include the range of the attack power
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Base damage is the entire damage range from your min phys attack to your max. In essence, an auto attack. So what you wind up with is any number from that range + whatever additional amount the skill offers.... which actually makes spikes that much more useful on a skill reliant pllaystyle since with consistent damage, if you can't perform it fast enough, your opponent will come to get a feel of what to expect in a longer battle. With spikes, on the other hand, you have much more ease bypassing charms or catching someone off guard.

The downside, of course, being that sometimes you'll get that annoying low end hit when you really needed the higher end.
  • Crimson_Moon - Momaganon
    Crimson_Moon - Momaganon Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I would go for Unicorn's Tragedy for spike damage (also looks better, imo).
  • Beleni - Dreamweaver
    Beleni - Dreamweaver Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Resonance of Pride : 1360-2039 0.83
    Avg: 1699.5
    Avg DPS: 1410.6

Spirit of Justice: 1080-2005 0.91
    Avg: 1542.5
    Avg DPS: 1403.7

Chill of Blizzard : 772-2314 0.91
    Avg: 1543
    Avg DPS: 1404.1

Unicorn's Tragedy : 1020-2379 0.83
    Avg: 1699.5
    Avg DPS: 1410.6

As you can see all of them have roughly the same average damage per second on regular hits.
    The Hammers and Axes have higher Average damage, but lower attack speed.
    So I will go for one off those.
    since Using skills- is hardly affected by attack speed and can spam at the same rate as the others.

Side Note: for pvp reasons:
    - The Axes would seem like the best choice since they have the highest ''High end damage'', will be good for high end spikes to bypass charms.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they are different but imo not one of them is better than the other.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.