Archer help/tips

Badonkajonck - Archosaur
Badonkajonck - Archosaur Posts: 99 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
Hello there.

I was wondering how hard should an Archer hit when he is roughly level 80ish? I hit about 1800 (Roughly) without Jones blessing. I feel as if I am not hitting as hard as I should. Can anyone give me advice/tips? I believe I am a bow/claws build (I didn't want to be, but hey) My build is 54 Vit 91 Str 20 Mag 245 Dex.
I'm a Forest Eating Hippo.

Currently working in Secret Forrest Location on Arch.

Current Equipment:pwcalc.com/3290bcd3841dc936<-- Buffed
(Tips/advice always welcomed)
Post edited by Badonkajonck - Archosaur on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hit about 1800 (Roughly) without Jones blessing. I feel as if I am not hitting as hard as I should.

I discovered a solution.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What weapon are you using?
  • Badonkajonck - Archosaur
    edited December 2012
    I discovered a solution.

So hitting about 1800 is normal for my level? I just though maybe I distributed my attributes incorrectly.

I am also currently using TT 70 Bow Unicorn. Working on Getting TT80 weapon.

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're lacking a Jones, have about 1/4 of your stats in vit/mag when they don't need to be there, and most likely have a low refined weapon.

So yes, your damage is going to be fairly low relatively.

Getting a Jones alone will improve your damage. If you were to restat the points in vit and mag into dex, that would be another noticable boost for you. And with a +3-4 weapon that has shards in it, again more damage.

Your biggest (and easiest to fix) issue right now, though? Getting a Jones.
    edited December 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    You're lacking a Jones, have about 1/4 of your stats in vit/mag when they don't need to be there, and most likely have a low refined weapon.

So yes, your damage is going to be fairly low relatively.

Getting a Jones alone will improve your damage. If you were to restat the points in vit and mag into dex, that would be another noticable boost for you. And with a +3-4 weapon that has shards in it, again more damage.

Your biggest (and easiest to fix) issue right now, though? Getting a Jones.

I see. I figured the Vit. I will try and fix that. I should have mentioned earlier, my bow is +3 with an attack shard on it. If I was to remove some vit would I have to put it on Dex or Str?

Thank you for the help.

• truekossy
    edited December 2012
    Dex.

To be honest, unless you have good fists/claws (IE: Gorenox Vanity, Deicide, and so on) there's really no point to fists outside of holding back and getting chi... which is kinda a waste for you str-wise. If you're adding the extra str now to avoid a restat in the future, that's totally understandable. Otherwise, though, it's better to wait until you have good fists/claws and armor (or, say, a [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20457[Warsoul helm[/url] to bother investing into the extra str.
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My lvl80 archer hits averagely for normal atks about 3K-4K without Jones
    Blessing. 4K-5K+ with the item. I'm using the lvl80 Gold bound bow
    though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
    edited December 2012
    Dex.

To be honest, unless you have good fists/claws (IE: Gorenox Vanity, Deicide, and so on) there's really no point to fists outside of holding back and getting chi... which is kinda a waste for you str-wise. If you're adding the extra str now to avoid a restat in the future, that's totally understandable. Otherwise, though, it's better to wait until you have good fists/claws and armor (or, say, a [url=http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/20457[Warsoul helm[/url] to bother investing into the extra str.

I've been considering to just restat to a pure bow user. Claws/Fist are not as interesting as I thought when I was low level. Wouldn't i need Str for Armour and things though?

• truekossy
    edited December 2012
    Yeah. Your str should end up as your level +4 to equip your armors (so 89 str at level 85, 104 str at level 100, etc).

Claws are really not that useful prior to 85... and even then only the better geared players will be able to make use of those fists. It gets better at 95/99 and then starts shining with its versatility provided at 100+... but it's really more of a super-lategame type of thing you shouldn't worry much about at the stage your archer is at.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yeah. Your str should end up as your level +4 to equip your armors (so 89 str at level 85, 105 str at level 100, etc).

Claws are really not that useful prior to 85... and even then only the better geared players will be able to make use of those fists. It gets better at 95/99 and then starts shining with its versatility provided at 100+... but it's really more of a super-lategame type of thing you shouldn't worry much about at the stage your archer is at.

• Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As Kossy said, your lvl +4 for strength. The rest into dex.

104 str at 100. 105 at 101 only for r9 armor. You do not need any strength past 104 (and likely less than that pending +str equips, but some armor has no strength adds so I like to cover my bases).
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • truekossy
    edited December 2012

... You just had to catch my typo didn't you, Lady Elena?

*grumbles and goes back to edit*
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i used to have a crazy build for myself originally, with alot of mag and vit, just enough dex to use my bow, and enough strength to use a good pair of swords
    needless to say, i failed. i was so weak with all weapons, and couldnt make money. fortunately for me, they released target prepaid cards, so i went out, spent 10$, bought one, and restated to get rid of the mag, and alot of extra strength and vit to put into dex. this occurred back in 2009, and is the only time i have ever cash shopped on this game.
    i managed to find a pair of interval lv 70 3 star fists to use to aps once that became popular, but once i got 5.0, i got a pair of gorenox and restated to get just enough str to use them. going with deicide on an archer is a waste at low refines, because you sacrifice too much dex, and hit weaker, with gorenox having an effect that raises attack. now though, with no more need to run nirvana because of nation wars, all archers should go pure dex. strength ends up being a waste, seeing as it has no impact on the damage we deal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm level 77 with 3vit 3mag 81 STR and 333 DEX after gear adds, with a +5 Wind and the Clouds, with a G7 garnet in it. With a Jones I hit most mobs for 3.8K-4.2/4.4K with regulars, 5-7K with various skills, highest hit 37K lightning strike crit on ofortis with HF/shock/EP/double spark. Going full bow makes me able to autoattack mobs to death before they finish channeling mag hits, probably much better than having a few hundred extra HP to tank hits with. With TT80 phys ornies at 89 +TM69 -int robe and either a +10 STR tome or ~5-7 STR engraved on attendance rings (cheaper this way; but then I will need the +10 str tome for my claw build anyways...) I can use a WoE

I'm a big fan of absolute minimum str b:surrender
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive