Cannys and Raps Droping prices

omgomgomg123tt
omgomgomg123tt Posts: 37 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
so everybody was all happy when nw tokens can be exchanged for cannys and raps. so how do people make money when everybody is g16 and raps = 50k-100k and uncanny become npced
Post edited by omgomgomg123tt on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    so everybody was all happy when nw tokens can be exchanged for cannys and raps. so how do people make money when everybody is g16 and raps = 50k-100k and uncanny become npced

At least more non-heavy pwi players can get gear cheaper now.

b:cute.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I laughed at the idiots that were happy about NW because it was giving away millions to everyone.

It was even too obvious that it was only the initial impact, and that soon NW will give at most a couple of millions to the average player.

"How do you make money?" why those *idiots* didn't think about this, were em too busy celebrating the dead of Nirvana to realize it ?
    Krisnda wrote: »

And how/where you get the TT/lunar mats for the base armor/weapons?, I don't recall NW giving lunar / TT mats
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And how/where you get the TT/lunar mats for the base armor/weapons?, I don't recall NW giving lunar / TT mats

By... doing TT and Lunar Glade? Bit of an obvious answer, no?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I laughed at the idiots that were happy about NW because it was giving away millions to everyone.

It was even too obvious that it was only the initial impact, and that soon NW will give at most a couple of millions to the average player.

"How do you make money?" why those *idiots* didn't think about this, were em too busy celebrating the dead of Nirvana to realize it ?

Some of those so called idiots you speak of are actually very intelligent and are still making 100's of millions of coins easily. I will say it again, it's not that hard to make money in this game if your willing to apply yourself and use different avenues to generate some income.That means actually taking some time to use your brain and come up with an idea rather than allowing one section of the games 'economy' to control you.
  • krisnda
    edited December 2012

I can't speak for lunar, but I don't recall TT having the problem of every class not being able to run it. b:surrender
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Cannies are getting npc'ed now? If anyone in Sanctuary is considering doing this contact me first, I can certainly offer you something better than that...

Prices have been dropping fast this week, I originally thought they would stabilize around 400k/80k for raps/cannies and that people offering much less were just being cheeky, but yesterday I was observing rap prices of around 300k. I think people are having a hard time migrating to trading in other items obtainable through tokens and that demand from heavy users and merchants is drying up a bit faster than we expected, but it really shouldn't be getting so bad as crafted items will be able to still command half decent prices.

The one upside I can see to this is NW may get less crowded as the people interested solely on tokens may be loosing interest. Still, I would expect prices to eventually bounce up a bit as raps will basically set the price for tokens and this drastic drop may be nothing but a kick reflex.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Cannies are getting npc'ed now? If anyone in Sanctuary is considering doing this contact me first, I can certainly offer you something better than that...

Same for me, before npc on HL or HT let me know, I'll give you the npc price for them. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Toomaga - Heavens Tear
    Toomaga - Heavens Tear Posts: 221 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Same for me, before npc on HL or HT let me know, I'll give you the npc price for them. =D

I am still finding it hard to believe people would NPC cannies and raptures.They still have some worth/use even if you don't need themb:surrender.
    edited December 2012
    Some of those so called idiots you speak of are actually very intelligent and are still making 100's of millions of coins easily. I will say it again, it's not that hard to make money in this game if your willing to apply yourself and use different avenues to generate some income.That means actually taking some time to use your brain and come up with an idea rather than allowing one section of the games 'economy' to control you.

And obviously you aren't giving any example, you're just saying "You can make hundreds of millions", yeah I can say that too

You can make hundred of millions ! b:victory
    You can walk in the water ! b:victory
    You can make pigs fly ! b:victory

Its so easy to claim stuff without needing to prove anything isn't?
    By... doing TT and Lunar Glade? Bit of an obvious answer, no?

I really don't see players farming TT 3-2/3 and getting gold mats, I bet most of them just buy those from heavy farmers or just use chips. Unless you want to explain me how some non-already-Nirvana-equipped-or-better players can take on the crazy bosses in 3-2/3.
    I can't speak for lunar, but I don't recall TT having the problem of every class not being able to run it. b:surrender

I used to say the same for Nirvana but apparently some people think only "aps" monkeys could run it, heck, casters even got their own version of Nirvana and still never stopped hating the "aps" monkeys.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Complete nonsense for the most part.

Consider that once raps and uncannies are saturated, they can still get seals of war to sell as well as warsoul matts. Some class the warsoul upgraded is better than the r9 final cast weapon. If the price of cannies falls below 300k then people are idiots for turning thier tokens into raps/cannies.

As for what to farm, currently lunar in 2x, warsoul in regular, and fc still sells for 1-1.25 mills. Also tt of course sells for some of the matts..i.e empire back images and stuff. Additionally, alot of time can be spent farming your own badges from warsoul. Also the nine trials is still worth doing for shields and rep/faction contri.

----maybe the coin sink that is associated with Nw will soon bring down or hold steady some of the sky high prices as it may make coin less abundant.Therefore you do not need to make more than a few million daily anyways.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    And obviously you aren't giving any example, you're just saying "You can make hundreds of millions", yeah I can say that too

Well, there are ways to make millions. It's just slow, and people don't think of the "then." They think of "how can I make (x amount of millions of coin) now?"

There are so many things to sell in this game. TT, Lunar, FC rooms, p.stones (free/cheap to make, great to sell), Luck Tokens...the list goes on and on. (Flamespirit got to it before me xD)

He did say what he was doing: selling different things.

On a separate note: Your title under your name. 2 + 2 can also equal 5 in a coding sense. It's all how you look at the situation.

b:surrender I'm done now.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
    edited December 2012
    Well, there are ways to make millions. It's just slow, and people don't think of the "then." They think of "how can I make x amount of coin now?"

There are so many things to sell in this game. TT, Lunar, FC rooms, p.stones (free/cheap to make, great to sell), Luck Tokens...the list goes on and on. (Flamespirit got to it before me xD)

He did say what he was doing: selling different things.

On a separate note: Your title under your name. 2 + 2 can also equal 5 in a coding sense. It's all how you look at the situation.

b:surrender I'm done now.

Off course, only not as efficient as Nirvana used to be (I don't even get into merchanting because that's a whole different argument of *money making*).

2+2=4 its just a way to say that logic its universal, or it should be. Off course there are different numerical systems were "2" may mean something else, but if you have 2 rocks and you put in 2 more rocks you will have 4 rocks no matter how you look at it(or how you say "4").
  • krisnda
    edited December 2012
    Off course, only not as efficient as Nirvana used to be (I don't even get into merchanting because that's a whole different argument of *money making*).

2+2=4 its just a way to say that logic its universal, or it should be. Off course there are different numerical systems were "2" may mean something else, but if you have 2 rocks and you put in 2 more rocks you will have 4 rocks no matter how you look at it(or how you say "4").

But if you take a hammer to the 4 rocks you have, and make 2 pieces from each rock, then you'll have 8 rocks from the 4. So does that mean 2+2=4=8? b:shocked

Ok, Walking out of this thread (Keep it clean in here).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can always spam cube for cube necks. Those still seem to sell high for some inexplicable reason even though they are dirt cheap to make now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited December 2012
    But if you take a hammer to the 4 rocks you have, and make 2 pieces from each rock, then you'll have 8 rocks from the 4. So does that mean 2+2=4=8? b:shocked

Ok, Walking out of this thread (Keep it clean in here).

If you look at the formula there is the "+" button means the rocks are added, not splitted. No idea what's the math symbol for hitting things with an hammer, maybe the divider " / " ?
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It is not hard for a flag carrying heavy dd to score well above the 10k mark. Thats 500 tokens on the first war... which was an easy 300 mil gross profit. After the first war, participation skyrocketed leading to those that scores above 10k mark a range of 200-400 tokens. Thats a good 100-200 mil gross profit. There has been 6 wars so far... and there are people out there who easily net over 1 bil coins.

Unfortunately... I am not one of those people. I sell half and keep half (my hedge against if they remove/change the exchange rate)... and I can easily buy whatever lunar/tt mats I want/need. Not too bad for 4 hours of work per week.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You can always spam cube for cube necks. Those still seem to sell high for some inexplicable reason even though they are dirt cheap to make now.

I don't know about Sanctuary, but I never see anyone in the Cube in Dreamweaver! D: Maybe it's timing, maybe it's just that people are lazy, but I don't even see the catshops in rooms anymore. b:shocked
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012

2 + 2 = 4

2(2 + 2) = 2(4)

4 + 4 = 8

Where's the confusion? :P
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012

yes this here.. hopefully no more people getting jealous over people's gears and coming up with wild excuses why they can't get decent gear.. even though for PVE you don't need anything beyond R8..
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Sweet, I can get G16 Nirv swords as toys now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Im honestly pretty happy about it. I have wanted nivry gear for a while and i was always worried about how id get it and if it would cost me a fortune. Most squads wont take venos into nirvy and they want everyone to be already heavily geared, which im not. So this is a nice way to get it without me having to go through hell for it.

Oh and TT 3-2 and 3-3 are not that bad, especially if you have a good squad. I prefer the traditional squad with maybe 1 sin just for dd and bp. But of course everyone nowadays just wants to run it fast, not good.

Im also considering a warsoul weapon now for one of my alts. Still debating exactly which one though.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    simple answer. Sooner or later pple wont trade tokens in for uncannys and raptures.

price will go fluctuate a little depending on the needs at the time.

right now its going down cause everyone and their grandmas are going for uncanny raptures
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VILKASSS - Sanctuary
    VILKASSS - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    simple answer. Sooner or later pple wont trade tokens in for uncannys and raptures.

price will go fluctuate a little depending on the needs at the time.

right now its going down cause everyone and their grandmas are going for uncanny raptures

I dont think the supply of rap/canny's will decrease over time, there are always ppl who goes in nw for quick coins and there are no other options for quick coins. Who needs the seals? Only the better equipped players and I dont expect those players will pay more for the supply token than for a rap lol b:laugh
    Let the crystals drop to 100/20k so i can equip all my toons with g16 b:victory
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Except the better equipped you are, the lower the supply of the things you need to improve and thus, the higher the overall costs will be unless you're willing to be incredibly patient... which most aren't.

It's like how people can sell completed pangus for a higher cost than it would take to make it from pages/frags. Logically it doesn't make sense... but it saved the people looking for it time and that time, to them, was worth the extra price.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Prices of Rap/Canny will never go up again, never. Now we have kinda high-demand cause there is a lot of R9 people that want's Stage 3, but once when most of them get what they want, demand will just go down a lot.

Everyone who want's Nirvana gear, can get it pretty fast, no need to buy Raps/Canny.

And stop talking about farming TT3-x, it's possible only if you're in good faction. And these days good faction = TW faction, and TW faction = you need to have at least TT99 gear.

It's really hard to find good random squad for TT3-x, and even if you're lucky enough to get Gold drop, 10m split to 6 people is still nowhere near the coins you need to make just one piece of TT99.

It's like, everyone is saying - oh, TT3-x is easy, you don't even need TT90 for that piece of sh*it, yeah, true, you don't need TT90, you need TT99 and 2nd Stage Nirv and be BM or Sin b:laugh

Get real, nobody have will to do more than one, max two TT3-x runs with squad, specially if squad have mostly TT90 gear, it will take ages for them to finish one run. It's only possible if you're in really good faction and even then only if someone other needs that too.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    rap still 500k on LC :(
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Illyn - Raging Tide
    Illyn - Raging Tide Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I joined NW only in its second week. In the first 4 NWs I could sell raps for 530k+ (till last saturday). This week it's hard to sell even for 410k. The price is dropping really fast.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I dont think the supply of rap/canny's will decrease over time, there are always ppl who goes in nw for quick coins and there are no other options for quick coins. Who needs the seals? Only the better equipped players and I dont expect those players will pay more for the supply token than for a rap lol b:laugh
    Let the crystals drop to 100/20k so i can equip all my toons with g16 b:victory
    exactly. My thought is that the better equipt players are the ones that get the most tokens and sooner or later they will move on from uncannies/raps to get better things than uncan/raps. o.o its like merchanting. When an item goes down in price, some of the prominant merchants will move on to other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Indeed, if you are in Lost City, and are thinking about npcing uncannies, contact me 1st. I shall offer you a better solution b:chuckle
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Indeed, if you are in Lost City, and are thinking about npcing uncannies, contact me 1st. I shall offer you a better solution b:chuckle

I npced all my cannies 5 minutes ago.
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude