Massiva lag issues on Archosaur

Nahktuul - Archosaur
Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Support Desk
Not sure whats going on...I've been playing this game for 4 or so years now, and since this past Maintenance, I've had massive lag. Skill bar lag, inventory lag, its just awful.

Download/Upload speed and speed of my internet has been running fine. But when I open up PWI and play it, it lags tremendously.

Suggestions?

P.S. everything is updated to latest version: DirectX, ect. Settings in game are at medium level (I usually can play with max on with no problem)
PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
Post edited by Nahktuul - Archosaur on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Have you verifyed your files?

Also You may want to provide additional information:

People are starting to hate me for posting this over and over, but damnit, there's just nothing better to say until I have more information and it's partially educational as well.....

Common reasons that you can't connect to the servers, experience disconnects, or just have lag in general...

1. You don't have the three .exe files for the client set to run as administrator.
    2. You don't have the game directory set as an exception in your security softwares.
    3. Your network adapter driver is out of date and needs to be refreshed.
    4. Your local area network settings are improperly configured.
    5. You have more than one firewall and don't realize it.
    6. Your firewall settings are too strict. (Very common with ZoneAlarm and Commodo firewall.)
    7. Your router is configured improperly.
    8. you have a bad network cable.
    9. You're using a wireless network connection. (Which leads to another huge list.)
    10. You have a lot of traffic on your local network that is bogging your router/modem down.
    11. There's a fault in your router.
    12. There's a fault in your modem.
    13, You have a bad phone cord plugged into your modem.
    14. There's an issue with your house wiring.
    15. There's an issue with your outside wiring.
    16. A squirrel chewed on your phone line at the pole and it's raining. (I've had this happen personally.)
    17. A switch/router at the CO for your ISP is having an issue.
    18. One of the many hubs between you and PWI is having an issue. (most common)
    19. There is heavy sunspot activity. (has happened within the past two years)
    20. There's a regional router outage. (Has happened several times, most recently just a couple of months ago.)

That's just a few. The more details you give, the better I can narrow it down and tell you what the issue is.

Also, post a copy of a traceroute to the server.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1).Restart your PC and network hardware.
    2).Check your bandwidth @ http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
    3).Post a copy of your traceroute to PWI servers
    4).Make sure ports 29000-30000 are open.
    5).Check to make sure there are not a lot of other programs and processes running in the background as well.You can just try disabling other running programs.
    6).Run As Admin
    7).The player traffic could be causing issues for you.
    Please check this too http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=4601

1) In Vista/7, click on the Windows icon/Start > click on Search > type in "cmd"
    2) On this screen type in (exactly as it is typed here): tracert pwieast2.perfectworld.com (You can also use any of the IP addresses to our servers listed below. Try several.)
    Please note there is a space between "tracert" and "pwieast2.perfectworld.com"
    3) Wait for the traceroute to complete.
    4) Right Click on the window
    5) Select the "Select all" option
    6) Hit "Enter"
    7) You will now be able to paste the text into your reply.

Archosaur (PVE) pwiwest4.perfectworld.com
    29000:64.74.134.37
    29000:64.74.134.26
    29000:64.74.134.27
    29000:64.74.134.29
    29000:64.74.134.30
    29000:64.74.134.33
    29000:64.74.134.34
    29000:64.74.134.36
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • MaestroLady - Harshlands
    MaestroLady - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i have same laggs in archosaur city. i think its because of snowy mode because i always play in best performance mode 2 client + wmp + web its always goes fine. But after that maintenance on 5 dec 2012 wednesday snow came up to archosaur and now my wmp makes bad noises while im in archosaur. b:sad
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That's graphical issues which is called fps not lagg. Turn down your distance lower down your graphic's setting while in arch you won't much problem and Yes Snow coz graphical mess up specially in arch due to it's over population.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Also, here's a couple of interesting articles...
    Lag vs FPS
    How to get rid of Lag guide.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith