Eu residents and NW

Options
Myishy - Dreamweaver
Myishy - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Nation Wars
I have been playing for about 2 years .And have made lots of friends on Dreamweaver .
But now that this NW has come out and we EU people fall behind on gear and such because of time-zone differences that means we cant attend NW .
If and it is a big if pwi offered you a once only chance to change to eu server plus take every thing you have gear coins etc would you take it ,
I know i probably would . im just curious as to how many people would..
Post edited by Myishy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This discussion has been going on in this thread for days on end now:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1523341
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'll be honest with you...
    You should have move to EU server when they were created, don't complain now since it gonna take much time to be ready for NW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Myishy - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'll be honest with you...
    You should have move to EU server when they were created, don't complain now since it gonna take much time to be ready for NW

i had already been playing for about 1 and a half years when eu servers where created. And had made lots of friends on dreamweaver by then
  • Myishy - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    Options

i just wanted to see how many people would actually change servers given the oppotunity
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    if you moved, you might have already been caught up by now o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think that's gonna be half half, some people said if they was able to move to EU servers they would, as some said even if they was able to transfer they will not.

I think they should allow players from here to transfer to EU for the accounts created before EU servers exist (if a EU player create his account on a server here after the EU creation than it's his problem), but I'm sure the majority will stay here anyway.

If all EU players was on EU servers the EU would not be as dead as is it now.

They should allow the transfer at least one time by account and only from here to a EU server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think that's gonna be half half, some people said if they was able to move to EU servers they would, as some said even if they was able to transfer they will not.

I think they should allow players from here to transfer to EU for the accounts created before EU servers exist (if a EU player create his account on a server here after the EU creation than it's his problem), but I'm sure the majority will stay here anyway.

If all EU players was on EU servers the EU would not be as dead as is it now.

They should allow the transfer at least one time by account and only from here to a EU server.

I remember reading about this, issue being they cannot allow that as it would mess up the name database(Same reason why NW wasn't ServervsServer). Other games have pulled it off I know, but it doesn't seem to be that PWI has the ability to do it.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options

This. Please keep discussion about NW to the appropriate topic.
    I remember reading about this, issue being they cannot allow that as it would mess up the name database(Same reason why NW wasn't ServervsServer). Other games have pulled it off I know, but it doesn't seem to be that PWI has the ability to do it.

Yup, they haven't allowed server transfers because they can't, not because they do not want to. Since this topic is mostly bout server transfers I'll let it stay open but please keep discussion about changing the NW time to the appropriate topic. Thanks.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Its probably more of putting the time in to create the same characters on another server, which is a simple process, the databases in this game is pretty basic. Another game I played had this same issue but finally decided to do a Que based system with a limited amount of slots. They would create your char on another server with same gear coins/gold ect but was limited to 20 char's per month. There was a npc in game to sign up for the transfer.

You don't really have to transfer it, just make a copy of it on the other server.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    On the topic of moving server:

I've done it. Started out on Sanctuary, had a blast, met a lot of cool people, learned a lot. That went on for a little over a year. Then Archosaur came out and I switched. There have been times where I've thought about moving servers again.

You gotta learn to let things go...when this game dies, you can't take the pixels with ya, you know. Keep in touch with your friends outside of game, exchange numbers, skypes or whatever.

People get so hung up over their server, like its a nymphomaniac ex. Really, that spoils half the fun, imo. You limit the people you get to meet.

I voted move, btw.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Well, I wish to say that even if a new experience could be fun (especially less lag because I am from Europe), there are people I know in HT and I have got my habits (like selling mats to a shop and not another). I have not related with many people over the years, though.
    I voted no in the end.

That said, if there had been European servers from the start, I would have begun and progressed there for sure.

Anyway, it's not technically possible. Let it be.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I would change instantly without hesitation with all accounts.

Before NW I would have doubted, non of the events being big enough to actually be a real incentive to leave poeple behind but still being a big enough number to tempt me. I never felt like starting over. Then rather just install a new game and try something new.
    This. Please keep discussion about NW to the appropriate topic.

This poll might actually give an indication or wether it's worth or not to allow a transfer. Or to make a "new server" that would be a merge of the French and German server togather with all those who want to transfer from the old servers.

Well, can be usefull, if there aren't to many non-concerned players trying to derail the topic so you would be forced to merge it, or US players voting because they need to keep poeple to buy their cannies.
  • thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    What I've done is making a new toon on German server while I wait and see what happens.
    So far it have been far more fun then I've had in a long time on DW. Most of my old friends have quit or are pretty much inactive and most of them I can contact without being in game.

Also decided to switch class to something I've never played beyond lvl 20 before (archer) and it have been alot of fun too. With the crash of the nirvy market end game isnt nearly as expensive and it seems like the low population on EU server make the payout from NW much better (is that right?). I think I could have well geared toon in a few months (nirvy gear, r9 will take longer :x) so it's really not a biggie xD

On the question if I would change server... Maybe.
    If they decide to keep the current times for NW I would switch if they gave us the option.
    If they change the times in some way to fit me better I wouldn't transfer my toon even if I could. So for now I'll leave the poll unanswered ^^

(Almost 4 years on DW btw..)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Move if I get my stuff transferred, invested too much time and effort to get where I am now to just simply start from scratch!
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    Lucy_a - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If they would give me my coin and stuff on an EU server (EVEN if my characters cant be transfered only my belongings) i would switch.
    Trasnfering everything would be better ofc.
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for the awesome siggy Silvy <3

// LVL. 8x Mystic // LVL. 8x Cleric // LVL. 8x Veno //

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I'd probably hesitate a bit since I have some dear friends who aren't from EU and an amazing faction but at the end I'd most likely would and follow all of my EU friends there and maybe come back occasionally on Sanctuary.
    I never felt like starting over. Then rather just install a new game and try something new.

Yeah, I'd rather start a new game than start over after 4 years b:surrender Yeah, it's just pixels but it's still time and effort spent on them.

You gotta learn to let things go...when this game dies, you can't take the pixels with ya, you know.

When PWI shuts down I'll just go on with my life but I find that different from switching server and starting over.

Side note, some time ago, maybe an year or two, I made a new toon on Lost City server to try out a PvP server and to simply just try starting from a new server and see how it is. It was somewhat fun at first and I played it occasionally but at the end I quit it. I also made a toon on one of the EU servers when they were released but I also quit that one eventually.

So yeah, I've actually tried starting over on a new server but I didn't enjoy it so I said to myself that if I ever need to do that, I'd much rather move to a new game (not necessarily online one).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Lupko - Heavens Tear
    Lupko - Heavens Tear Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    as EU based person I was kinda angry at those US timeslots for TW and other events but after some time I realised that very late or too early events suit me more...

Im father of 2 young children and I cant imagine to tell them...well guys I wanna play with computer...I dont have time for you now...

TWs at 2pm US time is 11pm for me...everyone is asleep
    8pm US = 5am ...still everyone sleeping

I have to sacrifice a bit of my free time to have fun within PWI, but I wont sacrifice my time with family...

I'd think slightly different if I were in teenage or uni student with lotsa free time...

I'm kinda glad that PWI decided for these time slots.

c ya around on HT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lil archer of Radiance with big heart and maybe hint of humor...
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i like staying up till the morning on weekends
    i would do that anyways

i dont care if tw/nw is at 2am or 8pm..

nobody bothers me on monday 2am so i can play and go to work all effed up at 9am
    (wont do that every day during the week tho..)
    coa and stuff is interesting too..
    being on a eu server would mean i can attend them too :o

but ...when i move to the german server wil my french friends go there too?

what about the ppl from south africa or other people who benefit from euro timezones?
    german or french server?

a neutral english speaking euro server would be ideal!
    stomp down the crappy 2 servers /o/

oldest char wins when moving and newer char has to change the name
    easy pie
    if you own both chars of the same name you can choose who keeps that name

i dont think that would be all tooo hard to do.
    i like potato
  • thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    a neutral english speaking euro server would be ideal!
    stomp down the crappy 2 servers /o/

oldest char wins when moving and newer char has to change the name
    easy pie
    if you own both chars of the same name you can choose who keeps that name

i dont think that would be all tooo hard to do.

http://pwi-forum.fr.perfectworld.eu/showthread.php?t=58391

hopefully they will go throu with it :)
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    4 years of achievements, an awesome faction, awesome friends versus a less populated server that just happens to speak my mothertongue. Take a guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~