New Pk Technique! Buzz Buzz!

Options
spootenhiemer
spootenhiemer Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Cleric
So after the new sirens of war expansion, I decided to go back and finally learn my sage Thunderball that has been sitting in my bank for a few months now, and I came up with a new pk technique!

Using only (mostly) the DoT from thunderball (actually possible now that it has been buffed up) Kill off the enemy by holding him still with your seals! Works especially well with barbs, but also works on bms if theyre not smart :)

Hilarious! I'll try to get a vid/montage of it up soon to show off the hilarity! Try it in the mean time :)
Post edited by spootenhiemer on

Comments

• Seirina - Dreamweaver
    Seirina - Dreamweaver Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I tried this on a barb in PK and it worked pretty well, thanks for the enlightenment. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters: Seirina (101 Sage Cleric)
    Server: Dreamweaver
    The Answer to the Universe: 42
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    So after the new sirens of war expansion, I decided to go back and finally learn my sage Thunderball that has been sitting in my bank for a few months now, and I came up with a new pk technique!

Using only (mostly) the DoT from thunderball (actually possible now that it has been buffed up) Kill off the enemy by holding him still with your seals! Works especially well with barbs, but also works on bms if theyre not smart :)

Hilarious! I'll try to get a vid/montage of it up soon to show off the hilarity! Try it in the mean time :)

Yes DoT skills have had a good revamp with the new expansion, however they do very average damage and the ticks don't really hurt on well geared players. Using it by itself to try and kill a well geared player is not going to work but it should certainly have its place in a players pk arsenal. It does have some advantages to finish an enemy and will tick through things such as AD.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I can't see this working against the plethora of people with good gear :P
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I didn't PvP on my cleric since the change, but I saw someone on the forum say that thunderballs now hit harder than cyclone, can someone confirm if it's true?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Aeliah - Dreamweaver
    Aeliah - Dreamweaver Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    The initial portion of Thunderball hits for very little, less than Cyclone, or even Elven Boon. However, when you add up all of the damage which Thunderball does over 12 seconds (sage), the total damage done is greater than even a Wield Thunder. When kililng high hp and defense targets, I often start with a Thunderball.
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
    youtube.com/user/csquaredcsquared

CLERIC PV GUIDE (complete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1531411

CLERIC PK GUIDE (Incomplete):
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=18027931