VOTE FOR PWI and Get a Chance to Win! MMOSite's Reader's Choice Awards!

Options
v4liance
v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Hey everyone,

We're psyched to inform you that PWI's been nominated for four (4!) categories in MMOSite's Reader's Choice Awards!

Check out the news post for details!

You can simply click a link to automatically vote, and you can vote everyday!

MMOSite's got all sorts of prizes to give to a lucky few, as well as their Lucky MMO Gold. So give it up for MMOSite and PWI! Vote today and win!

- Val
Post edited by v4liance on

Comments

• Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Tell them that PWI has the God Damn Longknife and we'll win "Best Community" by default.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i'll vote just bcuz theres nothing else to do b:pleased
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Seems like a rather rigged competition to me.

Instead of all these categories they might as well just make one: most manipulatable community, since some seem to give you in-game items if you vote for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Tell them that PWI has the God Damn Longknife and we'll win "Best Community" by default.

We even have a panda... how can we loose? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Best community... ... ... .... .___.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Will not vote, for an outsider this game might seem appealing and frankly it is, but playing a while you will see what`s WRONG with it. b:bye
  • Ingrafer - Heavens Tear
    Ingrafer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Do we get free 1000 gold if we vote? NO? okay then I won't vote. b:bye
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I was going to say in before Q.Q but I was beaten :(. Either way voted because I like the game purely for fun.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Let's vote for best community. ♥ b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

We're psyched to inform you that PWI's been nominated for four (4!) categories in MMOSite's Reader's Choice Awards!

Check out the news post for details!

You can simply click a link to automatically vote, and you can vote everyday!

MMOSite's got all sorts of prizes to give to a lucky few, as well as their Lucky MMO Gold. So give it up for MMOSite and PWI! Vote today and win!

- Val

I doubt many will vote for this game. Let's glance over the four nominations.

Best gameplay

In what sense does this game have the best gameplay? Repetitive quests/dailies and very small worthwhile end-game content. Yes, this is one man's pessimistic view, but if it really had solid gameplay, the game would be one of the most popular ones out, aye?

Best Community

PWI did have a good community, back in late 2008 and early 2009. Heck, even after the company began pushing the P2Win moto into their titles, the game continued to have a solid community. It doesn't anymore. The remaining people are either lingering around for personal reasons, addicted (most won't admit), or are new and have little knowledge of the company/game.

Classic MMO

Classic, meaning grind-fest? Back in 2009, yes. In 2012, the game is mainly "Whoever has real life cash may powerlevel to end-game gear/level/content, and beat anyone to works hard". So, no - not classic. Classic is a grind-fest, which is now optional in this game. For MMOs, anyways.

Best PvP

I lol'd. Real life cash buys power. There isn't even a need for skill, just dat' gush F2 key, haha. Real PvP takes skill and can't be bought. This game offers that "winning" status for your real life stash of coins.

Maybe if they add a new nomination category. How about, "Most corrupt and/or greedy MMO company", or something down that line.

InB4I'mwrongandneedtogo
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Srsly people do you really expect something in return in every favor that you do? ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
    edited December 2012
    Options
    wushih14 wrote: »
    Srsly people do you really expect something in return in every favor that you do? ._.

There's ''gold'' to win, not here, but fomr that MMO thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• wushih14
    wushih14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I doubt many will
    vote for this game. Let's glance over the four nominations.

Best gameplay

In what sense does this game have the best gameplay? Repetitive
    quests/dailies and very small worthwhile end-game content. Yes, this is
    one man's pessimistic view, but if it really had solid gameplay, the
    game would be one of the most popular ones out, aye?

Best Community

PWI did have a good community, back in late 2008 and early 2009. Heck,
    even after the company began pushing the P2Win moto into their titles,
    the game continued to have a solid community. It doesn't anymore. The
    remaining people are either lingering around for personal reasons,
    addicted (most won't admit), or are new and have little knowledge of the
    company/game.

Classic MMO

Classic, meaning grind-fest? Back in 2009, yes. In 2012, the game is
    mainly "Whoever has real life cash may powerlevel to end-game
    gear/level/content, and beat anyone to works hard". So, no - not
    classic. Classic is a grind-fest, which is now optional in this game.
    For MMOs, anyways.

Best PvP

I lol'd. Real life cash buys power. There isn't even a need for skill,
    just dat' gush F2 key, haha. Real PvP takes skill and can't be bought.
    This game offers that "winning" status for your real life stash of
    coins.

Maybe if they add a new nomination category. How about, "Most corrupt
    and/or greedy MMO company", or something down that line.

InB4I'mwrongandneedtogo

^Bittergourd. ^^v
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Eyes like a sunrise, like a rainfall down my soul...'

Spearena|The blithe demon Archeress

~Signature made by me! XD
  • booker224
    booker224 Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Best gameplay

In what sense does this game have the best gameplay? Repetitive quests/dailies and very small worthwhile end-game content. Yes, this is one man's pessimistic view, but if it really had solid gameplay, the game would be one of the most popular ones out, aye?

Best Community

PWI did have a good community, back in late 2008 and early 2009. Heck, even after the company began pushing the P2Win moto into their titles, the game continued to have a solid community. It doesn't anymore. The remaining people are either lingering around for personal reasons, addicted (most won't admit), or are new and have little knowledge of the company/game.

Classic MMO

Classic, meaning grind-fest? Back in 2009, yes. In 2012, the game is mainly "Whoever has real life cash may powerlevel to end-game gear/level/content, and beat anyone to works hard". So, no - not classic. Classic is a grind-fest, which is now optional in this game. For MMOs, anyways.

Best PvP

I lol'd. Real life cash buys power. There isn't even a need for skill, just dat' gush F2 key, haha. Real PvP takes skill and can't be bought. This game offers that "winning" status for your real life stash of coins.

Maybe if they add a new nomination category. How about, "Most corrupt and/or greedy MMO company", or something down that line.

InB4I'mwrongandneedtogo

I agree 100% and them some. 4 years ago when I started I would have gladly vote yes. Now, not a chance. We veteran players have watched as the game and devs have continuously worked against the players.

I've, as many others have repeatedly commented on what the devs have screwed up or have refused to fix many times in the past and just isn't worth repeating, because, as usual it would only get ignored.
    edited December 2012
    Options
    We are first place in 2 categories and second place in the 2 other. Good job guys. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I voted for PWI and don't care about winning any prizes.

Reason I voted PWI, is I do enjoy the gameplay, even if kill x number of mobs for x is the main aspect of the quests. I enjoy the storyline, I enjoy playing several different character types, I very much enjoy the friends I have made in game. I am also not in a hurry to reach end game levels. My real life is too assiduous; I don't want my game experience to be so. Quite a few recent games make it far too easy to reach the highest level, and yes PWI, you can reach triple digits quickly, BUT, you don't have to use those means to the end.

I also don't care about end game gear, as I am not a PvPer, so I don't have to see my pixels in r9r3 +12. Reading the drivel in wc between TW factions is explanation enough. It's way too childish. Not that I can't afford it end game gear, as an adult gamer, it doesnt really interest me, nor am i in awe by seeing someone with it. Good for them though, if it makes them have more fun. Will I eventually get it? Maybe, but its not an objective.

As for the graphics, sure there are games out there with better, but I personally like the graphics fine enough. I also appreciate a game that doesn't cater to everyone having elite computers, even though my own is quite good. I have friends in game that don't.

I also like the interface of PWI. It's complex enough to not be simplistic, but also not a pain to use, and its customization is decent for the way I play.

I am also not saying PWI is a perfect game. It DOES have its issues, and I don't like the fact that what China does, we have to settle for. I think PWI here in the states, should be given more freedom to cater to the need of a game community that mainly plays differently to those in China. And yes the game is aimed at those with deep pockets, but so what. For me, it doesn't impact what I enjoy about the game. For the most part the game can be wholly played F2P, with a large time investment, or P2W, if you want everything quickly. Then there are those of us that spend quite a bit of money on the game, but mainly for trinkets and baubles, fashion and flyers, and in order to have end game, non expensive gear, the need for reputation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    This is exactly like the private servers that require a vote to get gold.
  • Tide_Surfer - Archosaur
    Tide_Surfer - Archosaur Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Best gameplay

Best Community

Classic MMO

Best PvP

InB4I'mwrongandneedtogo
    If you have so much to QQ about, instead of sharing it, why play? Mind=Blown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tide_Surfer: "I feel SPESHALL *says like a lil kid*"
    Veneir: "Seashell? :3"
    Tide_Surfer: "Yes Veny, yes. A speshall seashell."
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Bump, don't forget to vote guys. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver
    _Nerox_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 753 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I will vote for every other game but PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I Miss the old days of PWIb:surrender
  • cdeathangled
    cdeathangled Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Voting is over rated lol
  • bannedpeacock
    bannedpeacock Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    how the hell did u won "best PvP"? for god sake who in his right mind would vote for PWI as for best PvP mmorpg? and how the hell did u won anything at all b:shockedb:shockedb:shocked best community? most clasic mmorpg? for gods sake this game doesint deserve any of these rewards. b:surrender
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If the game suck so much you guys should stop play and come on the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Tsyren - Archosaur
    Tsyren - Archosaur Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lol... one of the featured videos - I'm in it!
    b:pleased TW FTW
    I miss Sympathi.
    The sentence below is true.
    The sentence above is false.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I may vote for PWI if only our version gets the overdue respect that devs ought to give us after all these years. The whole PWE hierarchy (of course including PW China first and foremost) has to be redefined somehow.

I am sad to say it, but I'll only begin to regain hope once we get the immediate issues solved (to pretend the game is great while we are plagued with such issues is a bit preposterous), then the rest on a slower rate (while not having it conveniently overlooked, since it's so easy to do exactly that).

Until then, I will stay on the sidelines. Oh wait, I only represent a vote. No matter, right?

Yeah, I seriously doubt the MMO voting could be legitimate enough to incite changes in the way the company see things or elicit new players to join the game, or else the current landscape of PWI would be much different now.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

I haven't played this game in over a year. I linger, because I can. I log in every now and then to see if anything serious has changed w/ the way the game is run. Like, where money can't possibly equal power in a video game. But, alas.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Eh, that guy has been throwing so many QQ fits and raged at the company so much when he "playd". Don't expect different from some people. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i voted :P it might bring new blood which is severely needed in some servers.
    new players = more fun for my server

if pwi cant fix things, im going to do what i can to make it fun for myself >.>

those who linger and QQ are like b:fatb that wont flush
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear
    FluffyRoar - Heavens Tear Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    i voted :P it might bring new blood which is severely needed in some servers.
    new players = more fun for my server

if pwi cant fix things, im going to do what i can to make it fun for myself >.>

those who linger and QQ are like b:fatb that wont flush

You have sooooo many posts Decep >:|
    Just getting ready for Christmas.

[SIGPIC]http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/380628_10151323310608254_645628187_n.jpg[/SIGPIC]

I post pictures of myself in every post I make. Maybe it's in relation to what I'm talking about, maybe it's just a random picture of me showing off. Who knows!
  • Ximo - Dreamweaver
    Ximo - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I may vote for PWI if only our version gets the overdue respect that devs ought to give us after all these years. The whole PWE hierarchy (of course including PW China first and foremost) has to be redefined somehow.

I am sad to say it, but I'll only begin to regain hope once we get the immediate issues solved (to pretend the game is great while we are plagued with such issues is a bit preposterous), then the rest on a slower rate (while not having it conveniently overlooked, since it's so easy to do exactly that).

Until then, I will stay on the sidelines. Oh wait, I only represent a vote. No matter, right?

Yeah, I seriously doubt the MMO voting could be legitimate enough to incite changes in the way the company see things or elicit new players to join the game, or else the current landscape of PWI would be much different now.

Waiting for changes to happen. New content is nice, but old issues hurt the game. DEAL with it? No vote.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18086781&postcount=1

- +/- + for just the current patch issues, go with that and a vote may be positive.