Return Archosaur Server to English Only

atrax72
atrax72 Posts: 4 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Etherblade (West)
When i signed into PWI 3+ years ago, there was a disclaimer there that stated that it was an English only server. it was one of the main reasons i went with PWI. i had played other MMORPGS where i was lost becasue not only did they not speak english, but COULD not speak english. PWI has evolved to a point where we have EU servers, Malaysian servers, and all other languages of servers. This in MY petition to return Archosaur server to ENGLISH ONLY status. The ToS i signed up to over 3 years ago. if you agree, please post your comment below. Thank you.
Post edited by atrax72 on

Comments

• allmightydeath
    allmightydeath Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    just like everyone else has stated ENGLISH ONLY
  • Archer_Feng - Raging Tide
    Archer_Feng - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Isn't it English already? I agree that anyone should know (some) English to communicate with other players all over the world or lets say 'type/send messages with/to other players'. But then again most factions use something like Ventrillo, RaidCall, TeamSpeak or whatever. By using this kind of software factionrules can be made up.

As for me: I also like to play on EU servers. I can read French/German however I noticed most people write/talk English.

b:bye
  • atrax72
    edited December 2012
    Isn't it English already? I agree that anyone should know (some) English to communicate with other players all over the world or lets say 'type/send messages with/to other players'. But then again most factions use something like Ventrillo, RaidCall, TeamSpeak or whatever. By using this kind of software factionrules can be made up.

As for me: I also like to play on EU servers. I can read French/German however I noticed most people write/talk English.

b:bye

But wehn i signed onto WEST COAST server speaking in WC in anything but English was a bannable offense. And now, suddenly, with the limited spanish i know there are people OPENLY recruiting spanish or portugese or latin speakers only. I understand the language barrier. However, why do they have to be so overtly racist in their recruiting practices? what if i wanted a sort of language immersion to learn their dialect? Im sure they would shun me as an english speaker on an american server.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    atrax72 wrote: »
    But wehn i signed onto WEST COAST server speaking in WC in anything but English was a bannable offense. And now, suddenly, with the limited spanish i know there are people OPENLY recruiting spanish or portugese or latin speakers only. I understand the language barrier. However, why do they have to be so overtly racist in their recruiting practices? what if i wanted a sort of language immersion to learn their dialect? Im sure they would shun me as an english speaker on an american server.

You just realize that? As far as I can remember there was faction based on other language than English as French factions, spanish and etc... It's nothing new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • atrax72
    edited December 2012
    You just realize that? As far as I can remember there was faction based on other language than English as French factions, spanish and etc... It's nothing new.

and i notice you are on Harshalnds server which is a new server as well as an EU server. your point is invalid. your argument is nonsensical. Keep your opinion to yourself unless you are in ARCHOSAUR server. Unless you are completely incapable of retaining anything you read. If you can actually read at all. I am just asking for this ONE little bit of sanctuary where us english speakers do not have to be BOMBARDED with ABJECT RACISM in world chat. RECLUTA LATINO! How is that not RACIST! If they are so proud of their language and their culture, why dont they sponsor their own server? We all know there is $ in it.
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Lol wut? Get over yourself this is the most ignorant post I've ever read, first of all we have the same thing on HL do we come on forums to cry about it? No, does everybody in North America speak English?

You better be the king of fkn la la land to be talking like this, pwi has all sorts of ppl who are diverse, you don't like it ? Log off or turn world chat off.
  • atrax72
    edited December 2012
    Lol wut? Get over yourself this is the most ignorant post I've ever read, first of all we have the same thing on HL do we come on forums to cry about it? No, does everybody in North America speak English?

You better be the king of fkn la la land to be talking like this, pwi has all sorts of ppl who are diverse, you don't like it ? Log off or turn world chat off.

ACTUALLY. if you had any concept of reality, the PREDOMINANT language in North America is ENGLISH! Have you ever been there? Have you even visited planet earth? NORTH AMERICA! We speak english! except the parts where we speak Canadian (eh) of French Canadian (le eh). you are the one with the idiotic post. Not me. Monseiur.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    ACTUALLY. if you had any concept of reality, the PREDOMINANT language in North America is ENGLISH! Have you ever been there? Have you even visited planet earth? NORTH AMERICA! We speak english! except the parts where we speak Canadian (eh) of French Canadian (le eh). you are the one with the idiotic post. Not me. Monseiur.
    Well said.
    It will make gameplay much more enjoyable if everyone could understand one and another.
    Imagine if everyone would speak their own language.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    North America includes Mexico. If you find the world chat offensive, just submit a ticket. Please stop the flaming or this will be closed.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What's the problem, exactly? Officially speaking, Archosaur is still an English server.

Also, how come only the Archosaur forums have thread rating enabled? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    What's the problem, exactly? Officially speaking, Archosaur is still an English server.

Also, how come only the Archosaur forums have thread rating enabled? b:chuckle

^

His epeen is high up there it seems, turn wc off or uninstall lol.
    Crying about a language you don't understand so he points out a ToS el oh el.
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Me like dat gewgal translayte.

Me say no.

Me say yes to GM post.

a le hue. :D
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • _Geogaddi - Archosaur
    _Geogaddi - Archosaur Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    and i notice you are on Harshalnds server which is a new server as well as an EU server. your point is invalid. your argument is nonsensical. Keep your opinion to yourself unless you are in ARCHOSAUR server. Unless you are completely incapable of retaining anything you read. If you can actually read at all. I am just asking for this ONE little bit of sanctuary where us english speakers do not have to be BOMBARDED with ABJECT RACISM in world chat. RECLUTA LATINO! How is that not RACIST! If they are so proud of their language and their culture, why dont they sponsor their own server? We all know there is $ in it.

Since when was Harshlands a new server? Since when was it in EU as well? Stop complaining you ****.

You and this post are butterfingers... gtfo b:bye
    Winning b:pleased
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited December 2012
    Since when was Harshlands a new server? Since when was it in EU as well? Stop complaining you ****.

You and this post are butterfingers... gtfo b:bye

I caught that too, but I didn't want to reply. I was glorified into a land of happy dreams where I got to see latinos screaming at the top of their lungs to join their faction. And then I was horrified when I turned around and saw Hitler in the corner.

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012

You complain about racist while you exclude my opinion and telling me to don't speak cause I'm not on your server, that's racist too, so before complain about racist Sir stop be one yourself.

And LoL HL is not new and not a EU server what are you smoking...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    edited December 2012
    Harshlandians are a race. That is where I met my hero Rome.

Archosaurnians are a race. Through his eyes, he is the Hitler Style (yes I said that) of our server being the best.

Sigh. .-.

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    yeah, gonna close this now.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.