Reflection time needed per level

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
[Reflection Experience Sheet]

So, probably not unlike a lot of other people, I was curious how effective this new ''deep meditation'' would really be. So I made a spreadsheet that shows this.

Gotta say, I am impressed (but not in a good way).

Bold numbers are from this thread, the rest is all estimated (taking the averages between the numbers we already know). This means actual results may vary a little.

Costs are as follows:
When only using brilliant essences:
Gold = amount of hours * 1.5

When using both essences and normal shards:
Gold = amount of hours * 0.5
Shards = amount of hours * 0.5
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Thank you for the spreadsheet and comparisons.

I guess I can NPC my shards then.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm looking forward to spending ~11k hours in reflection to get to 105. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm looking forward to spending ~11k hours in reflection to get to 105. b:pleased

yeah only ~450 days.. Damn you hyper noobs!! b:chuckle
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Coupled with bh's, fc's, ect....I see this as a promising way to reaching cap quicker. I think what they are trying to do, clearly, is give us a valid reason to hit the cap, so they can raise it and introduce R10, new instances, new gear, ect.

This clearly was not meant as a way to level on its own. Its an 'in addition to' kindof deal.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    can you freeze the 3rd row so the title doesnt scroll up? ; ; prz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    can you freeze the 3rd row so the title doesnt scroll up? ; ; prz

There you go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    any way you can do 102 103 104 105 too? xD
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2012
    any way you can do 102 103 104 105 too? xD

Sadly there is no info on the exp/min on those levels and I'm guessing they're not quite as linear as the rest. If you can tell me what the exp rate at 103 is then I can add at least that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    102 is 2631 exp per minute
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited December 2012
    from other thread
    radman79 wrote: »
    lvl 104 2808 exp, 634 spirit
    Level 103= 2719xp 614 spirit.
    edited December 2012
    regardless this is stupid expensive tho ; ;
    1 radiant shard only gets us 1hr right?
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Coupled with bh's, fc's, ect....I see this as a promising way to reaching cap quicker. I think what they are trying to do, clearly, is give us a valid reason to hit the cap, so they can raise it and introduce R10, new instances, new gear, ect.

This clearly was not meant as a way to level on its own. Its an 'in addition to' kindof deal.

If you remember old Perfect World, the exp curve was meant for a much higher lvl than 105. PWE took the end game exp and made it the 105 exp. That is why the exp graph is a nice steady incline from 1-100 then 101-105 turns sharp north. For them to add more lvls, they would have to bring down the exp rate as it is now. Besides, most the 109+ caves have been changed into our lvls already. Nirvana, that used to be FB109 Demon WS, FB109 Sage. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I tried out this deep reflection today. Unlike Val announced, the exp gain is not doubled. In my case as a Lv. 101 it is a little more than quadrupled.
    While normal reflection granted 2545 exp/ 575 spirit per minute, deep reflection gave me 10731 exp/ 2425 spirit per minute, so it's much more rewarding than expected.

And yes, every radiant shard will give you one hour of reflection (so you'll have a minimum of 4 hours with each trade-in), and your limit of 12 hours of reflecting remains/ is affected by deep reflection as well.

It would be interesting to know the formula or some more numbers of deep reflection b:nosebleed
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you remember old Perfect World, the exp curve was meant for a much higher lvl than 105. PWE took the end game exp and made it the 105 exp. That is why the exp graph is a nice steady incline from 1-100 then 101-105 turns sharp north. For them to add more lvls, they would have to bring down the exp rate as it is now. Besides, most the 109+ caves have been changed into our lvls already. Nirvana, that used to be FB109 Demon WS, FB109 Sage. b:victory

Oh geez.. 149->150 might be 10trillion.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh geez.. 149->150 might be 10trillion.

i think you misunderstood that steep curve of exp use to be all the exp you needed
    to get from lvl 101-150
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I tried out this deep reflection today. Unlike Val announced, the exp gain is not doubled. In my case as a Lv. 101 it is a little more than quadrupled.
    While normal reflection granted 2545 exp/ 575 spirit per minute, deep reflection gave me 10731 exp/ 2425 spirit per minute, so it's much more rewarding than expected.

And yes, every radiant shard will give you one hour of reflection (so you'll have a minimum of 4 hours with each trade-in), and your limit of 12 hours of reflecting remains/ is affected by deep reflection as well.

It would be interesting to know the formula or some more numbers of deep reflection b:nosebleed

That's pretty interesting..

Assuming the reflection shard from BH component is free you are paying 50silver for a bonus 491k XP.

At the current gold price thats..
    Deep Reflection = 1.63 coin / XP

that's not too bad compared to other popular options:
    Scarlet Fruit = 35 coin / XP
    Order of Blessing = 3 coin / XP
    Oracle V = 1.04 coin / XP

Still I wonder how efficient it still is at lower levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    the reflect instance isnt worth it imo.There are so much on the outside to do to gain what you need that makes reflection look like dog mess,but then again alot are lazy and rather just stick to the sloppy exp rate and go afl all day...just log off,save power bill and you can have more money for goldb:bye

this isnt interesting..lol coming from a 105.Your all sheep into any purchase toward this stupid instance lol
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    The whole point of reflections is for free EXP when you're AFK.

Of course when you're actually here you can be doing other things, but for when you AREN'T here it's a way o get progress regardless.
    (Insert fancy image here)