PVE Event that gives Tokens Please

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Although I like the idea of a PvE version that can give -some- tokens, it will still be dominated by the highest refined PvP players. Look at PvE events like CoA and Celestial Tigers. The first place people are ones that PvP often as well. At least that's how it is on RT.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Although I like the idea of a PvE version that can give -some- tokens, it will still be dominated by the highest refined PvP players. Look at PvE events like CoA and Celestial Tigers. The first place people are ones that PvP often as well. At least that's how it is on RT.
    well to be FAIR, theyd have to PVE farm the tokens for 2-3hrs b:cute like everyone else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    well to be FAIR, theyd have to PVE farm the tokens for 2-3hrs b:cute like everyone else.
    Which, in turn, would become APS dominated farming in all likeliness.....so we're right back to Nirvana again lols
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Which, in turn, would become APS dominated farming in all likeliness.....so we're right back to Nirvana again lols

What Cotillion said.

CoA and Tiger Events were supposed to be 2-3 hours long, but because of how overpowered 5APS is, they end in 30 minutes or less (Tiger event in 15 mins on average nowadays).
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    they could make it into a 3hr world quest? o.o
    or a 3hr map quest
    LOL?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't see any reason why this request would be unreasonable, as long as it isn't possible to participate in the pve verson of the token-getting event as well as the pvp one (NW).
    I do think that the general emphasis on pvp these days is not good, and that pve players should have the same opportunity at getting rewards that pvp players do.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Oh come on people - don't be dense.

The new rewards from NW are a HUGE step up from anything previously in the game for us normal players. And yes; it would indeed be very nice if there were some PVE way of getting them. Even if it's a slower way.

I'd agree though - the NW event pretty much says "Ok, everyone? You can have Nrvana recast now; for dead cheap"

I'd suggest that the PVE-only method is as it always was; PVE for cash, buy from catshops. The price of stuff has dropped through the floor due to NW.

Farm TT, sell the mats, buy the cannies/rapt or w/e you want with the cash. (or farm the mats)
    I had not been even in one NW event because I don't like PvP and I agree, that we can use gear for PvE too. If someone can play without gear, then show us, how to do it.

You didn't even try it, but say you don't like it, please at least do it one time before say you don't like it and ask for PvE event.
    Why? I don't level my alts above 100, and because it takes me a very long time to level,

I leveled a char in 34 days level 80 and on that I just quested, no FC, no oracles etc.. and on that I spend a few days farming mats like glue and rough fur for tailor/blacksmith skills, without that I would probably be by level 85. So I don't know how you do it, but it's really fast to level a char.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hated PvP, but I enjoy NW. Within 3 NW battles, I was full G16 Nirvana, including weapon, plus lots of profit. I had crappy APS gear with r8 weapon for the first fight.

For those not even giving NW a try, shouldn't even complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited December 2012
    I think some people judge too fast without even do it, they heard it's a PvP event and already ask for a PvE one saying they don't like PvP, but didn't even tried it or tried to enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I think some people judge too fast without even do it, they heard it's a PvP event and already ask for a PvE one saying they don't like PvP, but didn't even tried it or tried to enjoy it.

So , the most profitable event as of today in a " PVE server" Sanctuary ( where Im from ) is a Player Versus Player Event ? I need to see just a bit more logic into this and for this reazon I also agree on an alternative way to get those tokens even if it's slower than nw for people that doesnt like to run around killing their peers. Saying what others need or dont need it's a bit selfish to my taste .
    edited December 2012
    So , the most profitable event as of today in a " PVE server" Sanctuary ( where Im from ) is a Player Versus Player Event ? I need to see just a bit more logic into this and for this reazon I also agree on an alternative way to get those tokens even if it's slower than nw for people that doesnt like to run around killing their peers. Saying what others need or dont need it's a bit selfish to my taste .

If you don't like to fight people go for the flag job.

Many people I know hated PvP/duel/Pk at the start and was always nervous and feeling fail at the start, but with time and experience, they become better and started to love it.

All that can do for PvE people to ''PvP'' a bit (4 hours a week is not the end of the world) is they will learn more about their class.

Fight a boss and mobs is annoying it's always the same thing, boss/mobs are stupid and don't react to a specific attack it's so easy there's no challenge, PvP is always changing and challenging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    lol. OP didn't mention gear, simply said tokens.

I'm a pve player. I do the NW because I want tokens to make money.

also, to be honest, r9 has become the minimum of what's acceptable gear at this point.

Maybe on your server...but on DW the minium is still TT99/G13/G15/G16. Have fun farming R9 months or spending $1500 RL money for virtual items that aren't the minimum whatsoever.
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A simple reason to make it possible to obtain tokens for PVE players... The new Nix ​​and Herc upgraded pets, which will coming soon, are only obtainable through these tokens. So how will PVE player who has Nix and Herc and wants to give us an upgrade?

That would not be fair.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Maybe on your server...but on DW the minium is still TT99/G13/G15/G16. Have fun farming R9 months or spending $1500 RL money for virtual items that aren't the minimum whatsoever.

I propose to do compensation to players, who can't or don't want participate in PvP event, so they will be able to get same coins as PvP players. I never agree with statement that PvP player need more money than PvE players.
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I propose to do compensation to players, who can't or don't want participate in PvP event, so they will be able to get same coins as PvP players. I never agree with statement that PvP player need more money than PvE players.

All I can say to all you cry babies is why havent u whined for an alternate to tw all these years. or a non pvp bloodtheatre, or temple, or 90% of the daily events. QQ MORE b:kiss
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    All I can say to all you cry babies is why havent u whined for an alternate to tw all these years. or a non pvp bloodtheatre, or temple, or 90% of the daily events. QQ MORE b:kiss
    When other player can take 20 times more coins per same time than myself at same level and using **** gear, I start to think how to get same sum of coins using best gear for my level, which I have.
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    When other player can take 20 times more coins per same time than myself at same level and using **** gear, I start to think how to get same sum of coins using best gear for my level, which I have.

People get so caught up with what other people can do. People qq about the elites making so much money off nirvana when others can't get squads, people should also qq about the merchanters that can make 20 times more coin than you in a period of time just by setting up a catshop...

I do have one question, how has NW effected they way you play or do things? For people that didn't farm nirvana the answer is probably nothing. You can still do everything you could before, still do BHs, still run TTs, lunar, warsong, quest etc etc etc the only difference now is that some other peoples gear may progress a bit faster than yours - if you are into pve then this shouldn't be a big deal.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    People get so caught up with what other people can do. People qq about the elites making so much money off nirvana when others can't get squads, people should also qq about the merchanters that can make 20 times more coin than you in a period of time just by setting up a catshop...

I do have one question, how has NW effected they way you play or do things? For people that didn't farm nirvana the answer is probably nothing. You can still do everything you could before, still do BHs, still run TTs, lunar, warsong, quest etc etc etc the only difference now is that some other peoples gear may progress a bit faster than yours - if you are into pve then this shouldn't be a big deal.

I say about my level (now 79). About what TT, Nirvana, lunar, warsong or profitable BHs you say now ?

Edit:
    Yes, I am almost ready for level 80. But bh69 for me is such ... , that it can't be useful for me in any case.
  • TerrormodeON - Harshlands
    TerrormodeON - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    god forbid to actually work together to kill another player,its easier to qq cause u got no firepower. guess all who complain are players who joined 1 year ago this game,they have no idea how tws in TT70 or 80 gear were.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    god forbid to actually work together to kill another player,its easier to qq cause u got no firepower. guess all who complain are players who joined 1 year ago this game,they have no idea how tws in TT70 or 80 gear were.
    1.You can't determine join date using forum's "join date".
    2.PvP for PvE player is not interesting.
  • TerrormodeON - Harshlands
    TerrormodeON - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1.i never said i asociated forum join date with the time he actually joined game,it was a simple judgement,based on the things they posted ;)
    2. being a pve player is not much different then being a pvp player. almost same rules apply,you stun/dg/amp/purge a mob or boss in pve too; beside,whats the use of being super ultra mega OP for mobs? with r8/TT99/morai gear u do more then good damage to everything is pve based.
    edited December 2012
    1.You can't determine join date using forum's "join date".

He didn't mention forum join date, he just said that he think people complain about that are players that join in the last year. Nothing to do with the forum join date.

2.PvP for PvE player is not interesting.

Some PvE players admitted they don't like PvP, but like NW.

Answers in light purple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    My opinions on this are:
    1) Supply tokens are not only for gear, and, if they were, so what? Why can't a 100
    % pve person want the best gear around, even if it's only for smashing mobs and bosses? Anyway, as long as pve people can sell their tokens as cannies/seals and buy, idk, FASHION, POTS, WQ ITEMS, let them.

2) I don't see it as a bad idea to include supply tokens as a form of reward from the CoA astral orbs or warsoul tags, for example, since the items they make, other than pages and the ring, are pretty useless these days. Naturally I believe this should be calculated in a way that noone would be able to get more than they would in NW.

Another suggestion would be maybe even take the chips you get from some rooms in cube away and give supply tokens instead. This would also partially solve the problem of people who just can't play during NW hours, since you can only take those quests once a day from the NPC, you'd end up with a max of 15 tokens per run. Maybe happy hold-up should give supply tokens as well instead of dice tickets. This would also make the cube a more visited plac., I miss the days when simply the XP and the page were enough for people to go in and do it and when you'd go to jail and have to worry about being attacked by someone in an enemy faction.

I don't see the need of having a whole PvE event just for that, though, cause there are already enough PvP events around that almost noone does (Jungle? Friday assaults? CoA? Even Tiger Event is only populated by the very same people week after week). So, those are my houghts.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Another suggestion would be maybe even take the chips you get from some rooms in cube away and give supply tokens instead. This would also partially solve the problem of people who just can't play during NW hours, since you can only take those quests once a day from the NPC, you'd end up with a max of 15 tokens per run. Maybe happy hold-up should give supply tokens as well instead of dice tickets. This would also make the cube a more visited plac., I miss the days when simply the XP and the page were enough for people to go in and do it and when you'd go to jail and have to worry about being attacked by someone in an enemy faction...

Give us Wraith Attack Tickets for those accounts, which were not in NW.

All problems can be solved in such way.

Level range must be same as for NW.

Awards must be calculated according earned points for Ticket owners.
    Edit:
    As I know Cube is PvP instance. Let PvE players to play in PvE instances.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I never read the whole discussion because i lost interest, but this post was funny b:chuckle. Most decent geared aoe classes can stand where the riders go and aoe alone. Casters need healing, melee need bp. The amount of QQ over this will be far greater, because as waves go on, people quit, people die. In the first four waves all the lvl 60~99 are being pesky and stealing my kills. As soon as wave 5 comes around, they start kissing the ground. Wave 5 is the longest wave around, i doubt it could work. The easier option would be kill 100 in wave 1, 80 in wave 2, 60 in wave 3, 40 in wave 4 and 20 in wave 5, when you turn in your quests you get the NW tickets. This was everyone gets a chance.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    I never read the whole discussion because i lost interest, but this post was funny b:chuckle. Most decent geared aoe classes can stand where the riders go and aoe alone. Casters need healing, melee need bp. The amount of QQ over this will be far greater, because as waves go on, people quit, people die. In the first four waves all the lvl 60~99 are being pesky and stealing my kills. As soon as wave 5 comes around, they start kissing the ground. Wave 5 is the longest wave around, i doubt it could work. The easier option would be kill 100 in wave 1, 80 in wave 2, 60 in wave 3, 40 in wave 4 and 20 in wave 5, when you turn in your quests you get the NW tickets. This was everyone gets a chance.
    I tell about this :
    PWI_Wiki wrote:
    Wraith Attacks

You may have seen system announcements at random periods during the day that call for help from players to defend a certain city or town from an army of wraiths. If you go to the town that is under attack you will find that on the outskirts of this town there are many wraith mobs and a big wraith boss. These mobs are elite mobs so they are tougher to kill than the normal mobs that can be found in the same surroundings. The level of the wraiths corresponds to the level of the mobs in the surrounding area, though generally they are slightly higher level than normal mobs. The point of these wraith attacks isn't so much for the spirit and experience you get from killing each mob, it's mainly for the drops. The wraith army mobs will drop various DQ mats, celestones, good equipment and most importantly Wraith Soldier's Dog Tags. These dog tags can be turned in to any commander-in-chief NPC to instantly gain 5 reputation points. In addition the large boss that appears during this attack has a chance to drop a Wraith Officer's Badge. This item can be turned in to a Commander-in-chief NPC to instantly gain 25 reputation points. The drop rate for these badges and tags depends on your level difference, so if you are a level 70 character and you go to a wraith attack where the mobs are around level 20 the drop will be much rarer than if you go to an attack where the mobs are around level 60. The wraith attacks only last for a short period but mobs will continue to respawn until the expiry period is reached. Once the attack is expired all the un-killed mobs will vanish and new mobs will stop spawning.

Each PvE player can do his own Wraith Attack.

And back to original post as comment for above:

• Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like that Idea

Everyone have access to it , also pvp player. PvE bears can grind some coins for that new fluffy ride mount or whatever. Pure win for everyone
    I hate Room 38
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not such a fan of the wraith attack thing because there would be pretty much a constant wraith attack going on, if each account that did not go to NW were to get one of those tickets.

You can't restrict the wraith attacks to a level range, so lvl 40-50 people would be around killing/trying to kill those mobs as well.

And, since there would be a huge number of people logging on many accounts to take advantage of it, it would benefit those who cheat (people are only allowed to have 2 accounts, on theory, but some have over 10 to merchant. Imagine the amount of people using their shop alts to summon those wraiths).

One more problem would be the death of everything else. When there are millions of wraith attacks going on with such huge rewards, people just won't do anything else, much like it used to be on 2x and Nirvana.

Ofc it could be improved, but the warsoul tag/cube thing is a much easier fix, and just as efficient, in my opinion.
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    I'm not such a fan of the wraith attack thing because there would be pretty much a constant wraith attack going on, if each account that did not go to NW were to get one of those tickets.

You can't restrict the wraith attacks to a level range, so lvl 40-50 people would be around killing/trying to kill those mobs as well.

And, since there would be a huge number of people logging on many accounts to take advantage of it, it would benefit those who cheat (people are only allowed to have 2 accounts, on theory, but some have over 10 to merchant. Imagine the amount of people using their shop alts to summon those wraiths).

One more problem would be the death of everything else. When there are millions of wraith attacks going on with such huge rewards, people just won't do anything else, much like it used to be on 2x and Nirvana.

Ofc it could be improved, but the warsoul tag/cube thing is a much easier fix, and just as efficient, in my opinion.
    Instance is much better, of course, but I had not said, that mobs from above attack will drop something. Do you know mobs near General Feng ? Mobs from Wraith Attack can be same and their drop will be same: "Nothing." Main idea, that points from each killed mobs are useful for ticket owner only.