About Facebook Connect....

bigchewy
bigchewy Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Support Desk
Simply wanting to know it it's possible to change the facebook account I use to receive Jones/O'Malleys blessings. I know it's only a couple times a week I log in to get both blessings but I'd like to change the facebook account I log into as it's done automatically b:surrender, I know there is probably a simple solution but I just don't see it...

As a side note, I'm not one for letting my browser remember passwords, but is it possible I've let my browser remember it and it just does it automatically all the time since, keeping in mind to log into my pwi account I use the account name and password everytime.

Any help would be great, ty.
Post edited by bigchewy on

Comments

• ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    More than likely your facebook page is set to remember you. If you are already signed into facebook, the DQ rewards page skips that step. Sign out of facebook and uncheck the remember me box. Then log back in. Pick up your blessing using that facebook. Log back out of facebook, and log back in using the other facebook account you want to use. You are now free to use that facebook account for the blessings.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or do what I do and use multiple browsers with a different facebook account logged into each one.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • bigchewy
    edited December 2012
    Thank you very much the help it did the trick b:victory, 4 years playing this game and still feel like a noob b:thanks

I would use different browers and google chrome was my pick of the bunch but the random ad pop-ups they randomly put in text on any given page is annoying so only use Mozilla Firefox, and its the only brower so far (for me at least) that doesnt fail me when trying to get a blessing.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i think the facebook connect system needs a change
    I hate once a week spamming friends with it so they think im a loser
    xxxx xxxxx has aquired jones blessing upgrade in pwi!
    they dont care, and have told me to stop spamming facebook with it.
    also, many people have mailboxes filled with it, which makes mailing shares for instances difficult sometimes. I think the system should be trashed and replaced with a once a week quest for each of your toons from Jolly Jones, which allows you to choose one blessing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1 to gecko all his friend thinks hes a looser and justin beabers blessing is there to remind them of it ^^

but srsly spamming it so often annoys people and i hate creating fake accounts and i dont do it like some so my Real life friends have to read those spams and noone cares about that ima serious person irl >.>
  • bigchewy
    edited December 2012
    i think the facebook connect system needs a change
    I hate once a week spamming friends with it so they think im a loser
    xxxx xxxxx has aquired jones blessing upgrade in pwi!
    they dont care, and have told me to stop spamming facebook with it.

That was largely the main reason for this topic, although I'm not a big facebook user it does get annoying seeing it come up all the time, I have half a dozen or so friends on facebook that do the weekly ritual of getting at least one blessing (most get both), simple fix though just create a 'fake' facebook account and when you log in to get your blessing log into your 'fake' facebook account. Just have to convince one last person to follow suit b:laugh What really makes me laugh is when one of my friends (usually 2 of them) hit the 'like' button, like seriously?!? please don't encourage that on my facebook page b:chuckle
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    +1 to gecko all his friend thinks hes a looser and justin beabers blessing is there to remind them of it ^^

but srsly spamming it so often annoys people and i hate creating fake accounts and i dont do it like some so my Real life friends have to read those spams and noone cares about that ima serious person irl >.>
    i have a fake account, i use it sometimes for blessing, but im tired of logging in, and out. i used to use internet explorer to keep a fake facebook up, and chrome for my real one, but now blessing page no longer works on internet explorer for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]