Aps doesn't affect wizards anymore?

Angelstealth - Harshlands
Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Assassin
Well you already read the question. I am having trouble with the skill "Arcane Defense" which automatically teleports a wizards when they are hit from an auto melee attack. So is it true? Wizards can't be killed with aps, or is there still hope?
Post edited by Angelstealth - Harshlands on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes and no, that teleport and purify him one time, the skill/buff stay 5minutes, but after work one time it have a cd, so once he got push , you can go on him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    or instead of being an aps monkey (no offense im one to when it comes to farming lol) you could perhaps idk try to get not crappy gears and upgrade to better and just get a better dph. you have a few skills to help with tht i only know of a few sense i dont pvp with my sin tho so i will let someone more experiences tell you those lol.
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You're right about the skill's description. Whenever a Wizard that has that buff active is auto attacked, he or she will be instantly purified and distance shrunk away from the person attacking. As soon as it triggers, the Wizard will have to wait 15 seconds before Arcane Defense can trigger again.

That means you should never approach Wizards with a stun-auto attack method, as that has been becoming more and more obsolete as new gear comes out. When you stick to using the auto attack method in PvP, you'll also be a lot weaker due to the fact that you're using outdated gear for PvP, which results in usually getting killed or 1 shot.

Arcane Defense was a skill introduced as a countermeasure to the APS hype in PvP, as you could auto attack quickly enough to bypass a player's charm such that it doesn't tick. The best thing to do is to learn a different kind of playstyle, such as skill-spamming. I've been skill spamming since I started PvP, and I have to say that it is a lot funner than auto attacking your way to victory.

Though I will say auto attacking is still a fast way to kill a target, and sometimes it's necessary for targets like high refined Barbs, BMs, and Seekers.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    arcane defense + r9rrr purify = GG

good luck trying to lock down someone who has both with aps
  • Skite - Lost City
    Skite - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Because I'm the terrible wizard, I'll tell you that there is a secret tactic to beating Arcane Defense. As to what it is, well... b:bye
    Skite the Terribad Wizard is here to help!
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You should try triggering the effect then go in for the kill with your tele stun or whatever. Then use your aps to finish him/her off.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Buff_me
    Buff_me Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its all about luck, tbh. I had a pain to kill some squishy wizzies with +7/10 refines, but when i fought Raging Tide's best wizard(full r9 +12 JoSD), I could get him through Arcane Defense twice with aps.

Personally, I started using CoD on well refined wizzies.