Nation Wars: New Time Slots?

Comments

• Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There's more than 1 000 persons attending Nation wars at the actual time and people actually have trouble to get in cause there's too many people.

1 000 persons that attend at actual time vs. what? 10-15 EU persons?

EU servers are empty because they were brought up when the players of that timezone already reached high lvl/gear and because french+german was a poor choice (compared to 1 big EU english-language server), not because there aren't so few EU players.
    If EU people have issue with the tinme they should just go on the EU servers made just for them. It's not the end of the world to change server or play on 2 servers, I do it, so everyone can do it.

Make them allow server transfer and I will. They multiplied the timezone based events in the nearly 4 years I played on Sanc, and now they even added gamebreaking rewards. PWI has nothing to do anymore with the game it used to be when I started playing. That itself isn't bad. However, not giving the players the opportunity to evolve with the game is bad.

By the way, EU servers weren't made for EU players. They were made for europeans that didn't play yet at that time. Hence why they are in French and German, and why the players on the old servers weren't offered to transfer their account there before launching said servers.
  • Cuppers - Sanctuary
    Cuppers - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    That would be nice but i doubt the will do it. Maybe have it everyday of the week and a few times on the weekend and you can only participate in one or two per week.
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There's more than 1 000 persons attending Nation wars at the actual time and people actually have trouble to get in cause there's too many people.

If EU people have issue with the tinme they should just go on the EU servers made just for them. It's not the end of the world to change server or play on 2 servers, I do it, so everyone can do it.
    10-15 EU persons, what? Whatever you're smoking, give me some, seems to be working.
    You may go ahead and start all over on another server, but not everyone wants to waste real money on some pixels to achieve end-game again.
    Some people have to work in-game to work towards their goal, and doing that all over again from Lv1, with 0 coins and 0 friends, is not something anyone would like to do. With an exception of you, ofcourse.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    There will never be a time that will please everyone, even if they move it for EU people than USA people will come QQ, there will always be someone to QQ the time doesn't fit with their lifestyle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Eh?
    Do you know how many of these ~1000 are EUs or other non fitting timezones getting up early? Obviously u don't. I run what has become a part EU fac, why? Because recruiting has been alot easier in that timezone than any other we have officers in. What does that tell you? It should be telling you that there's no such thing as only '10-15' people left out on this system, it is HEAPS.

Also regarding moving to EU servers...If you've ever farmed your r9, gotten to know a fair few people or simply have no overflow in time to spend on the computer to re-lvl and re-establish a toon..you should know better than to assume anyone can be like you or have your time to do so.

You'll have to forgive Bella, she is not...the brightest marble in her family, the 10-15 comment is ludicrous, perhaps even more than the comment on switching servers. I agree with you on the timing of events issue, especially because US servers serve as international servers rather than strictly for those living in those time zones.

So really PWI has 3 options - making US servers more international friendly (we have to stay up very late for TWs and such, and then you have US players crying when they have to attend events at 5pm instead of 8 - try attending those at 5am and see how that works for ya).

The second option is to allow free transfer between servers - but since PWI is 10years behind MMORPG standards, they'll brilliantly think of including that in about...5-10years? Since it took them this long to figure out a way to add a pvp farming aspect to the game (no matter how broken and full of holes it is - sad thing is those holes were present in other mmos and fixed, so it's not like pwi was doing something new and wasn't capable of informing itself on all the traps and problems pvp farming causes).

The third option is to not do anything because in their minds it appears to be way simpler to **** out a new "free mmo" rather than fix this one.
    edited December 2012
    You'll have to forgive Bella, she is not...the brightest marble in her family, the 10-15 comment is ludicrous, perhaps even more than the comment on switching servers. I agree with you on the timing of events issue, especially because US servers serve as international servers rather than strictly for those living in those time zones.

So really PWI has 3 options - making US servers more international friendly (we have to stay up very late for TWs and such, and then you have US players crying when they have to attend events at 5pm instead of 8 - try attending those at 5am and see how that works for ya).

The second option is to allow free transfer between servers - but since PWI is 10years behind MMORPG standards, they'll brilliantly think of including that in about...5-10years? Since it took them this long to figure out a way to add a pvp farming aspect to the game (no matter how broken and full of holes it is - sad thing is those holes were present in other mmos and fixed, so it's not like pwi was doing something new and wasn't capable of informing itself on all the traps and problems pvp farming causes).

The third option is to not do anything because in their minds it appears to be way simpler to **** out a new "free mmo" rather than fix this one.

I don't has a familly. b:cry

Edit: I'm not a idiot I know the time don't work for all, but I'm not the EU person that took 4 years to realize that the events are base on USA time. There's posts dating of 2008/2009 saying PWI is base in USA and it's why the event time are base on USA time.

Yes NW is new, yes Tiger event was new at some point, same with CoA, but man even before that the other events was at the time of USA. Before R8, R9 and 3rd recast, if the time wasn't fit their life they had choice to chose a other server way before today. EU servers didn't came out 3 days ago ijs, a lot of people probably didn't had R9 or 3rd recast, but didn't change for w/e reason, but now at every new event they come QQ about the time.

Some complain cause they can't attend so cannot get reward, well if they are end game gear they should not care about money, if they are not end game gear well than it's not too late to make a toon on a other server.

I made a char on HT the 31th Ocotber, I'm level 80 (and I've be really lazy farming mats etc and didn't FC or PV), I've made over 75m easy. It's not that hard to start a new char on a new server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sinxlie - Lost City
    Sinxlie - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just can't get up at 5am, so there will come EU Nation Wars Time? keep it simple yes or no and when:)b:chuckle

POTTTTTTAAAATOOOOOOOOOb:shutupb:cry
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Xx_BeLLa_xX - Seriously. Back in 2008-2009 people were qqing over stuff like tiger event etc? Ya cuz they sure give you access to 100m+ in best cases over night right? Those events do NOT exclude the whole EU/unfitting midgame+ playerbase from the main income source like NW does...this is something completely out of that league. TW, sure..it's a nice thing, but it doesnt stop you from being equal, financially ingame. Try catch up as a non NW competitor to someone even at lvl80 able to get a few mil per time they get into it, then see how you'd feel.

The same as 'havnt reached endgame gear yet? switch server!'. Ok..I'm swedish, I type in english, I do not wanna play a server that mainly speaks french or german but have some exceptions, to me its straight out annoying. Neither do I wanna restart lvling as I'm already sick of the questlines and have no time for it aswell!

Also everytime I did lvl my alt there, the worldchat was completely dead..as in 1-5 min between worldchats. Come on? Heaven's Tear is considered dying by most who play it (yet its one of the most populated servers atm) as it's lacking people mid game..I can only imagine EU servers, sorry but thats really not my gaming style in regards to social aspects.

Theres a simple solution to it all that has been mention before, but PWI just cant seem to get their feet out of their behinds to do it and please us all on equal terms. Make one day based on EU time/more suitable for most, 12 hours earlier than it is now, and simply one the same it is now. No new balances needed in rewards there, what's the darn hard part in this?! I sure can't see a reason for it to take another month or more to change an ingame file that switches when the instance opens to the playerbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wouldnt mind the TW/NW times being a taaaddd bit later. b:pleased
    I live in the middle of the pacific, (AKA oceania timeszone USA) And guess what, pple like us dont even get the option of a damn server even tho this timezone never fits in either EU or NA zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited December 2012
    @Accalica

There's still EU people in 2012 that QQ about tigers event time.

Well it's maybe cause for me it's a game and I don't care if someone make 450m in a night will I make 0, I play it to have fun, not to be more rich than other. even if NW wasn't giving reward and was costing money to enter I would go cause I like it for the fun, not for the reward. Same for tournament and TW.

Some people don't like that event cause they cannot farm Nirvana and Caster to make money, in my cast I don't care about the money I'll just miss do caster cause that was fun.

Yes NW is a easy way to make money, but not the only one. Cause anyway the price of cannies/rapts go down so fast than soon than soon a token of luck will worth more money than a canny.

Yesterday I had more fun in NW on HT on my cleric level 73 than on HL on my mystic level 102 3rd recast, so people don't absolutely need to be 100+ endgame gear to have fun in that event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I'm not a idiot I know the time don't work for all, but I'm not the EU person that took 4 years to realize that the events are base on USA time. There's posts dating of 2008/2009 saying PWI is base in USA and it's why the event time are base on USA time.
    So according to this, people that live in Europe, Asia or other timezone inconvenient places should not be allowed to play and enjoy MMOs that are based on USA times? Because you make it sound like that. Not trying to be rude.

Bella, I, like many other Europeans, joined this MMO being well aware that events will occur at inconvenient times for us. However, not a single event was this "game breaking" as NW is. NW is not a new event; right now it's a new farming instance.

It's not about someone making 100mil overnight while I stay poor; not every European discussing (NOT complaining) about a possible time change for NW cares about that. It's simple things like managing to keep up with the rest and have decent gears. Not everyone has time to merchant and not everyone has the gear to farm Warsong or who knows what else. If they can't give an EU friendly time slot (Sunday noon isn't bad for USA people) then they could simply give people something else they can farm and work with.

And yes, if this had happened to people from USA on a EU timezone MMO I would certainly keep discussing and pushing this issue. I'm not a "butthurt greedy EU player", I just want some things to be fair for everyone up to whatever degree that is possible.

Europeans didn't complain about any other event (except those greedy ones) and I never cared about them but NW is different.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
    edited December 2012

It's not about someone making 100mil overnight while I stay poor; not every European discussing (NOT complaining) about a possible time change for NW cares about that. It's simple things like managing to keep up with the rest and have decent gears. Not everyone has time to merchant and not everyone has the gear to farm Warsong or who knows what else. If they can't give an EU friendly time slot (Sunday noon isn't bad for USA people) then they could simply give people something else they can farm and work with.

And yes, if this had happened to people from USA on a EU timezone MMO I would certainly keep discussing and pushing this issue. I'm not a "butthurt greedy EU player", I just want some things to be fair for everyone up to whatever degree that is possible.
    Not sure about the new players but the old players NA or EU 2-4years (pw international) should have had well enough time to 'catch up' to standards. I know the pple around me did. The only pple that didnt were the casual pple logging in to chat for 1-2hrs couple times a week.

The major farming went from TT to NIrvana to NW over the years. And seeing that NW is very new, those nirvana dungeons were something every timezone could farm anytime. Nirvana was out for what, nearly 2 years? The pple who have decent gears to do the currently instances, most of them are those that have been farming their *** off since TT and nirvana times, while the lazy pple sat on their *** and chatted.

I think the more capable and competitive EU pple have played the game enough to work around not being able to go to NW but instead merching or working the auction house or something else to buy what they want by catshop.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • mondrake
    mondrake Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    i have little ask why ppl write to here if nobody from pwi read this forum and complettly doing dodo on what ppl write here :) you still dont understand pwi job is get from you money and not make you happy ? or statysfy already isnt age 2005 or similiar today is all about money
    and if you spend real money on wrong timezone sever so it was your fault :)
    i know i know all think about me iam stupid or etc but this is whole fact
    pwi is only producer and cash eater try stop using real money and maybe they start hearing :)

and if in some mistake somebody from pwi or GMs will read this post so please
    if you want make money so you must have statysfied purchaser
    example if you make meat shop which will have opened when only 2 hours and only 2 day in weak during time when more than 50% ppl sleep and and another 30 is in work or similiar so you will have only 20% chance to somebody come and buy something from you
    enough 1 of theese 2 things increase time when is open or time when is open during one day diferent to time when is open second day
    nothing hards really and trust me dont will hurt you :)
    edited December 2012
    mondrake wrote: »
    i have little ask why ppl write to here if nobody from pwi read this forum and complettly doing dodo on what ppl write here :) you still dont understand pwi job is get from you money and not make you happy ? or statysfy already isnt age 2005 or similiar today is all about money
    and if you spend real money on wrong timezone sever so it was your fault :)
    i know i know all think about me iam stupid or etc but this is whole fact
    pwi is only producer and cash eater try stop using real money and maybe they start hearing :)

and if in some mistake somebody from pwi or GMs will read this post so please
    if you want make money so you must have statysfied purchaser
    example if you make meat shop which will have opened when only 2 hours and only 2 day in weak during time when more than 50% ppl sleep and and another 30 is in work or similiar so you will have only 20% chance to somebody come and buy something from you
    enough 1 of theese 2 things increase time when is open or time when is open during one day diferent to time when is open second day
    nothing hards really and trust me dont will hurt you :)
    Translation:

I have a small question. Why do people write here when non of the employees answer? They **** all over you and you still dont understand that their job isnt to make you happy or satisfy you, but to profit off the players. This isnt back in 2005 when they just released the game, nowadays its all about the money. If you spent your money on the wrong server then its your fault. I know everyones going to mock me but the fact still is that PWI is a cash eater, they wont listen till the money stops.

If any of the GMs read this, please understand that to make money, you need to satisfy the customer.
    [insert meat shop]
    It wont hurt to try
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Translation:

I have a small question. Why do people write here when non of the employees answer? They **** all over you and you still dont understand that their job isnt to make you happy or satisfy you, but to profit off the players. This isnt back in 2005 when they just released the game, nowadays its all about the money. If you spent your money on the wrong server then its your fault. I know everyones going to mock me but the fact still is that PWI is a cash eater, they wont listen till the money stops.

If any of the GMs read this, please understand that to make money, you need to satisfy the customer.
    [insert meat shop]
    It wont hurt to try

So that's what that said... b:pleased
    edited December 2012
    I agree with Deceptistar, since the time Nirvana/Caster exist if EU players don't have enough decent gears to farm ws, they was probably really lazy, I farmed Nirvana 3rd recast in a month with my mystic only with caster, so if someone that play since 4 years still have TT99 as gears or lower there's a problem and it's not cause of PWI, as people that play since 1-2 years had the choice to start in EU server, EU server are dead I agree, but cause EU players stayed on their start server beside move there, if all EU players did move there that would be alive if EU players claim to be many.

@Desdi: If you don't have time to merch you most don't have time to play at all cause merch doesn't take time, I know some people that can only play 1-2 hour a day, that only did money by merch and are more rich than some c$er and everyone can merch no need to c$er to start it or no need 500m as well. People that don't merch are people that don't know how to do it, there enough guides about how do it that they don't have excuse to don't do it or people that are to lazy and don't do it.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1507151 Around 2 months ago before NW, EU people complaining about events/TW time.

So don't tell me EU people never QQed about events time.

And I higly recomand to everyone to read Jeremied reply in blue in that link. (second part of the answer about USA time)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• thegreatgargame
    thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can't we just for like a month change all the events to EU time just to see reaction on the forums... Just for funzies b:chuckle
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Yes NW is new, yes Tiger event was new at some point, same with CoA, but man even before that the other events was at the time of USA. Before R8, R9 and 3rd recast, if the time wasn't fit their life they had choice to chose a other server way before today. EU servers didn't came out 3 days ago ijs, a lot of people probably didn't had R9 or 3rd recast, but didn't change for w/e reason, but now at every new event they come QQ about the time.

Accalica and Desdi already gave the main points :
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Seriously. Back in 2008-2009 people were qqing over stuff like tiger event etc? Ya cuz they sure give you access to 100m+ in best cases over night right?

[...]

Ok..I'm swedish, I type in english, I do not wanna play a server that mainly speaks french or german but have some exceptions, to me its straight out annoying.
    Bella, I, like many other Europeans, joined this MMO being well aware that events will occur at inconvenient times for us. However, not a single event was this "game breaking" as NW is.

It also seems that you are a rather new player. The only time based events that were around when I started playing were TW, Dragon Temple and CoA (even though I'm not sure that it was already open at that time). You also don't seem to understand that German and French servers were an attempt to catch NEW players, not to create better time zones for existing players.

I think all the US don't want the times to change or that half their server transfers. After all, they need someone to buy all those reward items. And that is the biggest problem to me : First some classes were more OP then others, now your home and work determines that.
    edited December 2012

It also seems that you are a rather new player. The only time based events that were around when I started playing were TW, Dragon Temple and CoA (even though I'm not sure that it was already open at that time). You also don't seem to understand that German and French servers were an attempt to catch NEW players, not to create better time zones for existing players.

I think all the US don't want the times to change or that half their server transfers. After all, they need someone to buy all those reward items. And that is the biggest problem to me : First some classes were more OP then others, now your home and work determines that.

I'm not a new player. Not the oldest one, but not new.

There was the event Nien beast before and that was at 9pm server time as well, as CoA is not new as well that exist since a long time, that was a huge money making back in time, people was making squad to make rings, cause the ring was OP back in time.

More than 2 years ago, someone out USA complaining about CoA time:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=723182&highlight=city+abomination+time

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=732812&highlight=city+abomination+time

Dragon temple time complain 2009:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185962&highlight=time+dragon+temple

Nien best event time complain 2010:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=733882&highlight=time+nien+beast+event

^ Already there people was suggesting to the EU players to start on a new server and you should read the replies on that one they are interesting.

Now these events seems ridiculous, but back in time that was big as every new event, people knew it was on US time and they decide to continue to play the game knowing that information.

For people saying Perfect World International is not ''so International'', go read the definition of International in a dictionary please. It mean more than one country, but doesn't have a max number so USA and Canada could be considered as International.

EU complain about times is old as the game exist, it's nothing new, it's more than 4 years people complain, I doubt they decide to change it now.

BUT, I do agree that they should allow server transfer from US to EU for EU players, so they don't lose their ''work'' and can have the events at their time, but some people said that even if they was able they would not want to go on EU servers so I guess some persons just like to complain to get attention.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    blablabla...... I guess some persons just like to complain to get attention.[/COLOR]

Yea you are one of em ............
    Ignore the complaints if u dont like, telling complainers this blablabla that b:faint
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Not sure about the new players but the old players NA or EU 2-4years (pw international) should have had well enough time to 'catch up' to standards.
    I agree with Deceptistar, since the time Nirvana/Caster exist if EU players don't have enough decent gears to farm ws, they was probably really lazy, I farmed Nirvana 3rd recast in a month with my mystic only with caster, so if someone that play since 4 years still have TT99 as gears or lower there's a problem and it's not cause of PWI, as people that play since 1-2 years had the choice to start in EU server

I don't doubt that since I'm one of them myself, despite my occassional quiting due to real life, my gear and game coin status are both fine.
    There are a lot of people who don't fall into that category though and I know a few people who only hit endgame a couple of months ago or less. Some people are lazy yes, and those people are just QQers. You can't call every undergeared player lazy though, sometimes there are reasons (real life) and some of them are my friends so you could say I have "first hand" experience of some sort.

cause EU players stayed on their start server beside move there, if all EU players did move there that would be alive if EU players claim to be many.

I'm sorry but that's not an option for everyone. It's not only about gear farmed but also friends and faction. Also, the EU servers are French and German. A lot of people speak neither. You even said that yourself in the thread you linked;
    I know a lot of people that tried to start on a new server for many reason and at 98% they generally come back on their original server cause they miss it, they miss their friends and the server in general.

But really, most Europeans are suggesting moving Sunday NW to noon or afternoon. That's a more European time zone friendly while remaining an USA time. It might be a little early for east coast people but that's it.

We're not asking for an "EU exclusive time slot" for NW. I don't see why PWI should make EU players move to EU servers instead of just make that little change.

Around 2 months ago before NW, EU people complaining about events/TW time.
    I think I already answered that in my previous post.
    Europeans didn't complain about any other event (except those greedy ones)
    There are the Europeans who suck it up and wake up early because they can, Europeans who suck it up and just don't participate in events because they can't (my case) and Europeans who just want everything, can't understand this is an US server and complain.

I'm sorry if my post sounds rude, this is in no way meant to be like that. I'm just trying to make a discussion here.
    edited December 2012
    Yea you are one of em ............
    Ignore the complaints if u dont like, telling complainers this blablabla that b:faint

Yes I do love complain, but at least I'm able to admit it. ♥

@Desdi: Some people don't speak English at all and play on ''US'' servers and still enjoy it, they play with their faction (Spanish faction, french faction, etc... there's probably that kind of faction on every server), so people could easy make a English faction on a EU server even if the server is French or German. So personally for me the excuse that ''EU server are French and German'' is not good enough. If people that don't know a word of English can play on our servers and have fun, people that don't speak French/German could do the same.

Anyway as I said there's not perfect time, even in the afternoon of the sunday or morning some people will complain (both sides), with things like work (yes some people do work the day the sunday), church, familly, sleep or w/e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Empu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    BUT, I do agree that they should allow server transfer from US to EU for EU players, so they don't lose their ''work'' and can have the events at their time, but some people said that even if they was able they would not want to go on EU servers so I guess some persons just like to complain to get attention.

Seems we don't dissagree that much in the end. In my opinion, it's an "either, or" option. I think they should either choose a global approach with around the clock spread events, or choose a segmented approach and allow server transfer. At the moment, I don't see any sense in their strategy and would qualify it as completely scr*wed up.

On the other points, I don't really agree. None of the other events had such an impact on the economy and balance or were anything close to a game changer as Nation Wars obviously is. I also don't believe EU servers were made according to the topics you linked. They were an attempt to get new players more then an adjustment in strategy towards established customers. Well, in my opinion that's pretty clear for the reasons I already mentionned.

On the international topic, I'm fairly sure PWI has been established in the Netherlands way before EU servers ever came to topic. I would also debate on the definition of your "international". A dictionairy of the 1900s really isn't appropriate when todays world already has at least 1 established dimention between "national" and "international". After all, you use "EU servers" while it's 2 national servers if you look at it the way you look at the US servers. Not that it really matters, because the whole "international argument" is nothing but a last resort for those who profit from the current situation and don't want it to change in any way.

With the current state, I would instantly transfer. Before NW I would hesitate, none of the events being really game changers and because I play a lot with Asian players who obviously wouldn't easily change for a French or German server. Starting over is simply something I don't feel like. In that case, I rather try out a new game (like I did actually).
    There are the Europeans who suck it up and wake up early because they can, Europeans who suck it up and just don't participate in events because they can't (my case) and Europeans who just want everything, can't understand this is an US server and complain.

There also were a lot of non-americans who always considered it as a minor annoyance they put in so many events without spreading any. Until Nation Wars, I usually posted in that sense : "yeah, I'd like to participate in events to try them out, but it's not a huge problem". There are a lot of posts like that on the forums.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    @Desdi: Some people don't speak English at all and play on ''US'' servers and still enjoy it, they play with their faction (Spanish faction, french faction, etc... there's probably that kind of faction on every server), so people could easy make a English faction on a EU server even if the server is French or German. So personally for me the excuse that ''EU server are French and German'' is not good enough. If people that don't know a word of English can play on our servers and have fun, people that don't speak French/German could do the same.

I didn't use the language issue as an excuse but it was a fact which I had to mention because I know some people are bothered by it.
    I don't disagree that you can enjoy a game without understanding its language (believe me, I've played so many video games prior learning actual english) but I was stating some points as to why changing servers is not so easy for people.

Why don't we just drop that topic altogether? I really think it's wrong for people to suggest changing servers just like that without server transfer even being available in this game.

Anyway as I said there's not perfect time, even in the afternoon of the sunday or morning some people will complain (both sides), with things like work (yes some people do work the day the sunday), church, familly, sleep or w/e.

People will always find something to complain about but I don't understand why they seem to oppose this change so much. NW happens twice a week even. They have chances to attend one of the two regardless so why not increase the chance for a wider range of people to participate in NW?

PWI is focused on North America and doesn't ought to please EU players but I can only see this time change as more overall beneficial to PWI than anything else, since it's still, after all, an USA time but just earlier than usual.

For the reasons I mentioned above.

@Empu - same applies to me there. In fact I've always skipped event time complaint threads until NW was launched. I've always considered those just silly.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited December 2012

This is the most pathetic argument i have ever heard. You do realize that eu servers didnt exist until last year Earthguard expansion? More than half the EU player base already was end game gear. So no we are not going to give up our full +10 gear just to go to a EU server where the times are great and we gotta start all over.

Pwi never created EU servers which was their mistake from the beginning only rectifying it when it was too late. Unfortunately they have dug this hole for themselves, therefore they will need to change one nation war time that is suitable for EU people. Most of us EU people dont want to go to a EU server either even if we could transfer everything for the simple fact that we have friends on our current server.

And on a last note, you chose to play on servers. Other players don't want to have to do that. I'm fine with waking up 3am for nation wars, but it does make you tired for the rest of the day.
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    @Empu - same applies to me there. In fact I've always skipped event time complaint threads until NW was launched. I've always considered those just silly.

I started to post in those topics when they started to multiply the number of time specific events. I always put it as an annoyance of minor importance, but I knew it would lead to this situation.

Now I only look at the threads involving event times, looking if there's an update in the situation. I send a ticket and a pm to the CM exposing the problems I have with the current situation in a rational way. Even though I don't consider I quit, I haven't fealt like playing ever since 1st Nation Wars. If they "fix" this issue, I'll probably be back. Unless I'm to caught up into something else b:laugh
  • Lucy_a - Sanctuary
    Lucy_a - Sanctuary Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Thats because people log 1-2 of their alts to get more tokens.
    Thats why there are so many people afk in there b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you for the awesome siggy Silvy <3

// LVL. 8x Mystic // LVL. 8x Cleric // LVL. 8x Veno //

Request a free drawing of your character: The Fanatics Forum>>>Lucy's Sketchbook b:mischievous
    edited December 2012
    Pwi never created EU servers which was their mistake from the beginning only rectifying it when it was too late. Unfortunately they have dug this hole for themselves, therefore they will need to change one nation war time that is suitable for EU people. Most of us EU people dont want to go to a EU server either even if we could transfer everything for the simple fact that we have friends on our current server.
    Its not a mistake, its an option that was additionally given after a certain period of time after showing clearly after many years before that events would revolve around NA timezones. After that, people started getting the misconception that the 'additional option' given was an entitlement to ask for more.
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Since they have two per week maybe not have them at the exact same time slot.
    The Sunday one could be moved back a few hours so people could be up to do it.

THIS, THIS, THIS, A HUNDRED THOUSAND TIMES, THIS! b:cryb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Picexplorer - Heavens Tear
    Picexplorer - Heavens Tear Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    well, if they cant put another 3rd nvn for the week, they can certainly change the timing of the 2nd nvn so others who are not able to join the war can attend it.