Someone in charge needs to check this.

Fate/Soul - Lost City
Fate/Soul - Lost City Posts: 74 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Nation Wars
So I was informed that there is yet another glitch now. Shocker right?

It's not confirmed because I only found out about it last night. Entering a nation and inviting your "team" to your party allows them all to enter the same nation.

Example:

1. First member goes into nation wars, unpartied.
2. The person inside whatever nation is it then parties 9 players.
3. All members get to join the party leaders nation.

It's not 100% confirmed, but we'll have to have someone who is in charge of checking bugs, hint hint Valiance (heyu) whatever you wanna call yourself.

Thought i'd put that out in the open b:bye
Post edited by Fate/Soul - Lost City on

Comments

• _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's not really a glitch. And you don't need to be unpartied. Just get a squad together, and when everyone has their pass and it's 8:20 PM server time, the squad leader gets the quest to enter, and the whole squad gets entered together, like how Lunar or Delta works.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited December 2012

It's not confirmed because I only found out about it last night. Entering a nation and inviting your "team" to your party allows them all to enter the same nation.

Example:

It's not 100% confirmed, but we'll have to have someone who is in charge of checking bugs, hint hint Valiance (heyu) whatever you wanna call yourself.

Thats not a glitch. Before you go in, if your squaded with a group of players, you all end up in the same nation. I've played every nation war since it started, except last night. If you have a squad of 9-10 players, you all go to the same nation. This is a good thing, as to when you bump into members of your squad you can be buffed. I have yet to run a NW that some of my squad members are in a differant nation than I am.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
    edited December 2012
    The one thing I'm curious about though. If you unsquad with your members, and squad with 10 other members, can you bring them in your nation too? If this is so, then full factions can be brought in to the same nation, which is how im guessing last friday's war happened. The whole map was taken over in less than a half hr by all 3 nations, and left light with no land.
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    The one thing I'm curious about though. If you unsquad with your members, and squad with 10 other members, can you bring them in your nation too? If this is so, then full factions can be brought in to the same nation, which is how im guessing last friday's war happened. The whole map was taken over in less than a half hr by all 3 nations, and left light with no land.

That's exactly what I meant. I didn't want to reply to all posters. but I guess i'd have to explain it.

If someone join one nation, then parties everyone to join in. that's 10 people who now form 10 parties and now that's 100 members of ur guild in one nation. get the picture? b:chuckle
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    and how do you pull that off when every participant gets auto teleported in at the same time at 8:20?
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think that would work.
    The quest to enter as an individual is different than the quest that brings in the rest of your squad.

The quest that brings in the rest of your squad only happens as the leader enters a nation.

This sounds more like people rationalizing why their nation did so poorly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • TheDendra - Harshlands
    TheDendra - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    and how do you pull that off when every participant gets auto teleported in at the same time at 8:20?

You don't get auto-teleported, leader of squad needs to talk to the npc to enter - you've probably never led a squad which led you to believe you get teleported in automatically, which is not true.
  • Mooooooooo - Lost City
    Mooooooooo - Lost City Posts: 377 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You don't get auto-teleported, leader of squad needs to talk to the npc to enter - you've probably never led a squad which led you to believe you get teleported in automatically, which is not true.

****. well then in that case, the nation of the squad is determined when the leader clicks the quest (which should be random). If a different person join the squad after and then take the quest, it should still randomize the person since he had to click the quest again.

I could be wrong, but is there actual confirmation that people did this and worked for multiple ppl?
    youtube channel: youtube.com/user/chezedude
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hey, thanks for pointing out a potential bug / exploit / bugsploit.

I've forwarded this information to our testing team to verify, and I'll get back to you guys when we learn more.

The last thing we want is people abusing the system to circumvent the random nature of Nation Wars.

- Val
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    bugsploit.

Is that when you squish one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Odinna - Dreamweaver
    Odinna - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mmm This doesn't work, last NW I crashed when going in ( when leader got the quest ) all the party members went inside (I didnt) but, when I loged in again, asked for the invite, the lead did and I couldnt get inside again. I left the squad to get inside alone (with no squad).

U can't get in and then inv another ppl (outside) to join your nation.

Example:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank You so much Silvy for the sig! b:pleased
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    mmm This doesn't work, last NW I crashed when going in ( when leader got the quest ) all the party members went inside (I didnt) but, when I loged in again, asked for the invite, the lead did and I couldnt get inside again. I left the squad to get inside alone (with no squad).

I figured this out when my friend came late, leader A.K.A "CAPTAIN" must enter the squad. Sucks. Not a glitch at all.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I got dc, reloged and enter by speaking by myself to the npc and got in the same nation than the squad I was before DC and I wasn't back in the squad when enter after DC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Actually this does not exist, least something didnt work as according to this thread. I did enter the war when it started and my in game spouse was late, you know women, we werent in squad when I decided I cant trust she will be back from afk soonish. So when she got back from that afk, 5mins after I entered, we squaded and she couldnt get into instance while in squad with me. The problem was squad leader needs to accept quest to get inside and as I was squad leader, she had to leave squad in order to enter. Result was us in different nations.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • v4liance
    edited December 2012
    Looks like this isn't an issue / exploit after all! Thanks for keeping an eye out, though, and please let me know if anything else comes up!

- Hey, You!
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited December 2012

I suspect this is exactly what happened to some degree. I went in solo and was very, very, very surprised to find that most of the people i saw in instances on my team were from the same faction (and they weren't the same people over and over). Seems to much of a coincidence.
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Same thing happened to me.

PWI better fix this dc issue. It seems that it affects a lot of players at the start of the event. It's frustrating not to be able to get back to your initial squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    I have to diagree. I was squad leader. I had a squad of 10. 2 of my squad members dc'ed after taking the quest. When I was already inside for 2 minutes or so, one of the dc'ed members pm'ed me and asked for an invite. I invited to my squad and they got in under the same team I was in. A few minutes after that, the second person pm'ed me for an invite and without even realizing this is possible or purposely done, they got in on the same team too. I think it has to be taken before your able to enter the instance, once you enter, you can invite anyone that already took the quest before 20:20 and they are able to get on your same team. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if it's the reason, but I was able to get 2 people in, on my same team, when they dc'ed. Like I said, they took the quest before I was able to get us in, then they dc'ed, then pm'ed after we were in already.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't think that would work.
    The quest to enter as an individual is different than the quest that brings in the rest of your squad.

The quest that brings in the rest of your squad only happens as the leader enters a nation.

This sounds more like people rationalizing why their nation did so poorly.

Astypoo is right on the money, here. /thread
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Fate/Soul - Lost City
    edited December 2012
    As I said in my OP, I'm not 100% sure, but there has been cases where it worked out that way.

Nothing wrong with giving it a look see right? I mean that's what the maintenance is for, restarting servers and fixing bugs. Pretty sure it doesn't take 2 hours to restart the pw servers lol... b:shutup
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    As I said in my OP, I'm not 100% sure, but there has been cases where it worked out that way.

Nothing wrong with giving it a look see right? I mean that's what the maintenance is for, restarting servers and fixing bugs. Pretty sure it doesn't take 2 hours to restart the pw servers lol... b:shutup

I lol'ed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    If you DC while inside the NWs, you will respawn in your base. However, you will be out of your squad. What is interesting is that bumping in Faction chat can get you an invite into another squad that is in another nation. :) Makes for epic fun when they say "C3" in Sqd chat and you go there as well on the opposing side.

Once inside NWs, I haven't seen the ability to invite an outside-of-NW player to squad. It does appear that you can invite anyone to a squad while inside, same Nation or not. :)

b:bye
  • v4liance
    edited December 2012
    I have to diagree. I was squad leader. I had a squad of 10. 2 of my squad members dc'ed after taking the quest. When I was already inside for 2 minutes or so, one of the dc'ed members pm'ed me and asked for an invite. I invited to my squad and they got in under the same team I was in. A few minutes after that, the second person pm'ed me for an invite and without even realizing this is possible or purposely done, they got in on the same team too. I think it has to be taken before your able to enter the instance, once you enter, you can invite anyone that already took the quest before 20:20 and they are able to get on your same team. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure if it's the reason, but I was able to get 2 people in, on my same team, when they dc'ed. Like I said, they took the quest before I was able to get us in, then they dc'ed, then pm'ed after we were in already.

Would you mind elaborating a bit on this?

I just wanted to make sure I understand exactly how this occurred.

1. So, you had a full squad of 10, you all took the NW pass quest, and then before the 20:20 start, 2 of the members DCed.
    2. After the start, you and the remaining 7 members of your squad entered.
    3. Shortly after, the 2 people who DCed re-joined your squad, and were able to enter into the same Nation as you.

Is this correct? Did I miss anything, or misunderstand, or were there additional things that occurred?

Thanks again!

- Val
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The DC is similar to when people teleport to laggy places like raging tide, even tho you dced you have already arrived at your destination once you log back in.

(They entered that nation while dcing so they would still be in that nation once they come back)
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can you guys elaborate if you're actually d/cing (as in getting a disconnected message) or if client is crashing (Aka report bugs or crash to desktop)?

If it's the latter, the issue can be fixed with patching the memory leak. Supposed to be done by wanmei soon.

You have to remember to specify the exact issue or no one can help you b:surrender
    The DC is similar to when people teleport to laggy places like raging tide, even tho you dced you have already arrived at your destination once you log back in.

(They entered that nation while dcing so they would still be in that nation once they come back)

Another pet peeve of mine, anything that makes your client slow is not lag. Lag has nothing to do with it.
    It's called a fps drop/performance hit. Lag is when server isn't responding to what you tell it to do (like standing there and not attacking).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In my case, it was a DC as we went to enter a la the GV DC glitch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can you guys elaborate if you're actually d/cing (as in getting a disconnected message) or if client is crashing (Aka report bugs or crash to desktop)?

If it's the latter, the issue can be fixed with patching the memory leak. Supposed to be done by wanmei soon.

You have to remember to specify the exact issue or no one can help you b:surrender

Another pet peeve of mine, anything that makes your client slow is not lag. Lag has nothing to do with it.
    It's called a fps drop/performance hit. Lag is when server isn't responding to what you tell it to do (like standing there and not attacking).

Bubbles, Stop being a grammar **** to us lower educated!

P.S. (Crash*) There I corrected myself.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a feeling what happened to Swiss was that when he teled in his squad at 20:20 server time, as soon as two of his squadmembers got into the nation, they dc'd, and when they logged back in they were still in the same nation, and just needed an invite back.

It will just require some testing this weekend.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Please tell me you're not just toying with me, Bubbles. lol
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    im not sure if what u said works 100%

im always squaded with friends, and as soon as the leader takes the quest to enter and i dc EVERY TIME
    means im being left back behind in front of the npc
    when i loggged back in last time, was invited back to squad, i asked for lead so i could enter (which i couldnt w/o lead and being squaded), but it didnt work at all, so in the end i ended up going in solo and being assigned to an other faction

could any1 prolly tell me how to avoid getting dced outside? its kind of annoying having to endure that every time and ending up going alone again..