Why Archer Cant Have Bp

Options
bossgame
bossgame Posts: 18 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
-.- really whats the reason CUZ I CANT FIND IT !

BP SHOULD BE FOR ANY PHY DD!!!!!!! b:cry

WHY PWI ?
Post edited by bossgame on

Comments

• misschoo
    misschoo Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Oh?

Well, then clerics should get it because they do physical damage with plume shot. Oh, and why shouldn't a veno's pets get it too?

Better yet, PWI should just start us all off at level 105, give us a billion coins and r9 armor.

BP is for melee classes. I think it's just fine that way.
  • qz8
    qz8 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Archers have the luxury of using fists and claws along with bows. Think of that as a gift and don't ask for more b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Maybe it's a hint you shouldn't aps herpderp twitch things :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _Impulse - Heavens Tear
    _Impulse - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Because we are godlike. b:cool
  • Aldryami - Sanctuary
    Aldryami - Sanctuary Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    qz8 wrote: »
    Archers have the luxury of using fists and claws along with bows. Think of that as a gift and don't ask for more b:chuckle

All classes can use bows.
  • Skite - Lost City
    Skite - Lost City Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Give BP to HA casters! b:cool
    Skite the Terribad Wizard is here to help!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I love all the people that take every opportunity to sling hate toward archers that have a set of claws. It's like they completely ignore the benefits and only focus on one or two bad examples that they've seen or just bash it citing little to no evidence at all.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Nn, archers should always have two weapons on them anyway(the ranged and close) preferabily on their skillbar somewhere, so that if they get something out of effective range and stuff's on cooldown/they're paralyzed/whatever, they can adapt and not just be screwed over. o_o

lol HA casters, yes!
    Meh the bp buff is only effective for classes who use HA as their 'normal'(rank given armour type) armour, since the other armour types(aka AA since there's only one other LA class being archers, and they hit really hard too) deal 'to much damage per hit' and bp on them would be 'OP'.' Now of course by this logic sins shouldn't have it either(like how wizards have a buff that can't benefit them, and most venos probabily don't use bramble on themselves), but they're melee and fragile as all heck +die in PvE ridiculous amounts until they have it(bp), so I guess it evens out for them.
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I love all the people that take every opportunity to sling hate toward archers that have a set of claws. It's like they completely ignore the benefits and only focus on one or two bad examples that they've seen or just bash it citing little to no evidence at all.

Who says they don't carry a set of fists themselves? :p

I just don't agree with giving one more class that wasn't meant to tank and has such great ranged abilites bloodpaint. And tbh, I have yet too see one of the top-geared archers that could farm stuff, need it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

that wasn't meant to tank

Wha?!

All classes have always had the capability to tank. It's always been a matter of player skill and gear. That's like saying BMs weren't meant to tank after considering they WERE, originally used more as crowd control/support DD, and many even used to go partial or full LA before we had a defined role for them because "Phys defense buff and marrows".

To be slightly more relevant: Would I like BP to be like the buffs the original 6 classes had (can apply to anyone but is only useful for those in a situation that makes use of it (IE: Bramble is useless during range tanking but can be put on someone range tanking anyways, spirit's gift does nothing for phys DD, etc)? Absolutely. Can I live with it in its current form? Yep.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    lets think about this in tw

archer is the highest ranged dps

immortal in tw by killing noobs lol

i want bp too
    well at least while using db
    i mean... seekers have bp too. that would be fair....

insta- healing 3khp by using one bids in tw sounds interesting too
    doesnt seem as op as i thought first
    i like potato
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

i want bp too

Yup. Totally love the huge BP heals my sin gets hitting brambled targets with a bow.

... owait. b:chuckle
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    But only Archers have the Mastery, range and the skills.

Anyway, Archers can't get Bloodpaint because that is for melee only. Archers are ranged.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    No class should have BP. Healing is a cleric's job not a sin's. They should have never added that ability to the game as it totally unneeded and destroys class diversity.

That ability was designed by the idiot monkies who designed the Rising Tide expansion which is by far the worst expansion the game has ever had.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

I think it's more of people getting butt-hurt whenever a buff of any kind is suggested for a class other than their own.

I remember when people clamored that removing the range penalty for ranged weapons would be "too OP"...as if archers would suddenly auto hit everything to death at melee range.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    No class should have BP. Healing is a cleric's job not a sin's. They should have never added that ability to the game as it totally unneeded and destroys class diversity.

That ability was designed by the idiot monkies who designed the Rising Tide expansion which is by far the worst expansion the game has ever had.

Exactely. the existance of bp began the huge decline of this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

Seekers cannot. Only swords and Blades.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I think it's more of people getting butt-hurt whenever a buff of any kind is suggested for a class other than their own.

I remember when people clamored that removing the range penalty for ranged weapons would be "too OP"...as if archers would suddenly auto hit everything to death at melee range.

Qui get your butt back in game so I can spank you. b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I also remember someone QQing of HA veno not getting a BP.. sigh.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options

i want bp too

I don't even think the thread was about giving BP for ranged attacks. However...

Think for a second about being in TW with a ranged char. If you are casting BIDS, do you need healing from a BP or whatever or are you probably at full health to begin with?? Would you ever try to cast BIDS with 3k health missing to try to get it back?

As you are casting BIDS (if you are not immune) are people trying to right click you down or are they trying to disable you?

I will argue that giving BP to all classes would actually not matter much in PvP, least of which TW.

Really do sins live in PvP because of BP or because of their many chi skills, status dodge, stealth, and disables?
    Qui get your butt back in game so I can spank you. b:angry

Stupid Ast catshop moar so Qui can message you ingame :3
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty