Annoying Glitch in Morai

Nymphali - Dreamweaver
Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Short story: I was wandering through archosaur by my 4 months or so without an order. Then I just decided to join Luminance to get spoils of war and get rid of the only skill that the master assassins has on their lists Keeper of Treasures. So I could once again say "Those master assassins... They're so noob that I have to teach em skillz"
Then I walked to the teleporter and went in morai, teleported twice to Nexus of Luminance and payed the 200k to join them. So I Talked to the 'Tactician Whoever' and got the daily "Wizard Slaves".

So I walked down the hills on my mount and went over to the spot where the damn wizard slaves are. Killed one or two wizard slaves, then got a weird screen freeze followed by a crash instants later.

Now happens that I'm totally unable to log into the game. I log in, choose my character, a loading screen comes up, but the game crashes before I can see "Entering Perfect World", sometimes before the bar even finishes filling.

The problem is... This is the second time it happens. I'm starting to fear entering morai b:surrender

Today when I stepped into that zone, I saw a mystic doing that quest who vanished a few moments before I crashed.
I'm not concerned about the two guardian scrolls that gone waste with that, but by the time and inconvenience it came to be. Now I'm aware that zone is glitched and won't be stepping there again, but could I please be fixed? b:surrender

Sidenote: Wizard Slaves is the most common, almost the only timed daily quest given to Luminance members. Seems I won't be doing morai dailies for a while. b:cry
Post edited by Nymphali - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Haven't experienced this myself (might be cause I've pretty much stopped doing Morai quests xD), but I had a similar thing happening to me in FC when I first started doing that (so like ~2years ago I guess).. If i dc'd in the big room (and back then I had a really crappy connection so I would dc up to 50 times/day) I would crash as soon as I tried log on again. Most of the time restarting the computer was the way to fix it but one time even that didn't work. After like 30 min I was able to log back on, and that might have been cause you get automatically teleported to the start if you stay out for a while.

So, the only suggestion I can give is try restart computer and hope that they will fix it soon. Maybe check for corupted files too, but I dunno if that would help at all, just a thought b:surrender
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You will need to submit a support ticket for a gm to move your char to a safe area/zone. If that specific spot is causing you to crash, regardless if its a client or server problem, the very least your char's position on the map will need to be moved. Also so the GM's can submit a bug report of their own to CN dev's.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This has nothing to do with morai itself, its about Zoning. I used to have this problem on my old PC doing the world quest. There was always 1 spot where i crashed while flying over and wasnt able to logg on my charakter.

My workaround was logging with another charakter or even with another account changing screen resulution and setting all to minnimum window mode.

after logging back there was a high chance i could escape this spot. IF that is not working you must contact support and ask them to move you. I suggest you avoid this spot from now on and go to another wizzard slave spot.
    I hate Room 38
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    You will need to submit a support ticket for a gm to move your char to a safe area/zone. If that specific spot is causing you to crash, regardless if its a client or server problem, the very least your char's position on the map will need to be moved. Also so the GM's can submit a bug report of their own to CN dev's.

Yeah, I think i'm going to open the second ticket and try to get fixed again. First time it happened, they fixed me in at most 5 minutes, i was impressed.

Just wanted to heads up players here about the issue, its unmentioned on patch notes.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    1) Ticket a GM

2) Verify files from client
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's already been mentioned but you don't necessarily need to submit a ticket. Before you open the client, you can change the settings using the launcher (set all to minimum). That should fix any issues.

It used to happen to me a lot when I was doing WQ as well. Certain spots would make me crash like that.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    It's already been mentioned but you don't necessarily need to submit a ticket. Before you open the client, you can change the settings using the launcher (set all to minimum). That should fix any issues.

It used to happen to me a lot when I was doing WQ as well. Certain spots would make me crash like that.

You don't get it, all graphics are set to minimum, card is set to performance, shaders are disabled and all.

This is what I get:
    [11:37:14.002] <!> glb_HandleException is called.

[11:37:18.695] <!> Exception occurred in render thread... mini dumped!

This is bad coding bud. Happens when trying to access uninitialized resources on the D3D device or something.

Edit: Im not a pro programmer and all, but this issue is possibly access to null pointer. A thread does something like

If( NULL != whatevers)
    {
    makethingsto(whatevers);
    }

but another thread would eventually make changes to 'whatevers' after the 'if' instruction had success, so eventually making 'whatevers' NULL while the first thread is still using 'whatevers'. Then the first thread makes an illegal access to null pointer and crashes the program. That's why we use mutex and critical section, but I don't know how's PW designed and all, maybe im saying lotsa bull****. b:shutup
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    try to move with AWSD&space while logging in[yes before you can see your char] that would work once in a while with the etherblade watefall area bug
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I have a similar issue on my pc in Plume. Everytime I port there or fly over, my screen freezes and I can't log back into move myself. I always had to load my character from my girl friends pc and move to a better spot before reloggin on mine. I haven't looked into the issue behind this I have just choosen to avoid Plume for the last year and a half b:thanks