Difficulty of Lunar and TT ?

Options
MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
I can solo certain tt-s when multiclienting and was wondering how hard the Lunar bosses are in comparision.

For example I tried and successfully did a 2-3 squad mode - took a looooonnnnggg time and a few deaths and many many pots.......

How do the squad mode Lunar bosses compare. (I have tried and cant do any SOT bosses)

Thanks for any replies.
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Long time I don't log in...

Like 4 months ago I was farming lunar with magic classes (not official pw servers). You can solo almost a whole run if you take the BH path but the second valley is going to give you some troubles if your p. defence is not kinda high.

The boss cannot be killed face to face unless you characters are strong enough to survive it's constant magic damage. He can be glitched (since he is a tower-like boss) with any caster or archer. It's just going to take a really long time...

Taking any other path may lead you to bosses which require a lot of squad coordination like masaca seven or the wood valley, this valley is freaking annoying.
  • Berserk_Fury - Dreamweaver
    Berserk_Fury - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    sin solo everything
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you can solo 3-1 you can solo lunar
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    If you can solo 3-1 you can solo lunar

I can solo (multiclienting) 2-3 and all bosses in 3-1 except the second last boss (with the random aggro)

So what bosses in lunar should I be able to have some chance of killing?

EDIT - and sorry for not just going and finding out for myself. I'm all for doing that normally but not if I'm pointlessly risking a 2mill entry fee.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Left path in Lunar is probably going to be the easiest since Jarax's AOEs are weak and Relic is just single target damage. It is the longest though just because of the second map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    all bosses in 3-1 except the second last boss (with the random aggro

Try multi-clienting and soloing all the bosses in 3-2 and 3-3. Once you can do that, you can kill the bosses in lunar without an issue. The problem is the mob count in lunar, that is where time is spent. Mobs have high hp compared to the rest. Welcome to try and solo lunar if that is what you want.

I prefer to trio lunar, much easier and more fun.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Try multi-clienting and soloing all the bosses in 3-2 and 3-3. Once you can do that, you can kill the bosses in lunar without an issue. The problem is the mob count in lunar, that is where time is spent. Mobs have high hp compared to the rest. Welcome to try and solo lunar if that is what you want.

I prefer to trio lunar, much easier and more fun.

Its more the fact that Im trying to work out how to get a lunar weapon. The mats cost sooooo much its ridiculous. So time is not an issue, except if the 4hr limit stuffs me up, I just want to try and get some useful drops. There is also the 'trying something new' part too. I know my limits in TT now, I cant do **** in SOT or ABA by myslef so lunar is the next thing to try out. But yeah, the goal is the weapon - dont know how else to get one - so if doing it as a trio, then with the mats split.......
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ironically, last time I checked, the most expensive part of lunar gold weapons was the TT mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Ironically, last time I checked, the most expensive part of lunar gold weapons was the TT mats.

Yep - the Empire's Back Image. On HL they sell for 9mill. But even though the other mats are bound to be cheaper - there arent any so I gotta go find some.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Lunar has a mob count, the mobs have huge hp and usually either bunch together or walk. This means you still have to do a ton of mobs, some with 1m + hp. Not real hard, just time consuming.

The bosses in lunar can also be a pain for sin soloing because some purge you and most self buff themselves to recieve less damage so you get less paint heal. Similar to the second boss in Nirvana, but theirs only cools off for a few seconds.

If you're talking of running it on a caster, barb, or bm then you have to deal with a motley of mobs with huge hp and that in itself is not worth it because it becomes so time consuming. Much easier to get zhenning and just have more splits.

Then again, I've never intentionally solo'd Lunar but I have solo'd bosses on my BM after near squad wipes.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Not soloable like TT for sins.

+1
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Farming lunar weapon will probably end up costing you more than would just buying the weapon insignia :x
    Weapon insignias sell for 45-50m on LC server, mats for making gold weapon are way more, altogether (4x back image which you can't farm solo, if i got you right, 2x the most expensive tinder).
    You'd also have to run the most annoying path, Massaca Seben in 2nd valley and Drake Fling at the end, for the chromatic tinders. The last boss is kinda hard even with squad, there's a way to "glitch" him though. So if you don't mind losing the essences of defense by not killing vile version, maybe it would be doable solo.
    What is your other char that you multiclient with, though? A lot will depend on it's hp and defenses.
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    lunar kinda different than TT its not depend boss ... bh lunar path one have kinda easy boss maybe 2nd boss will hit hard and first,last boss will take long time in rang Att ,

in lunar its depend mobs cuz u need clear path to finish mobs kill quest u need it to kill boss easily..

i didnt know what class u want use to solo lunar?? i dont think sin could do that .. only seeker or bm can do it..

add you need pay 3mil fee to open door every try .. so it will be kinda pain if u fail on it X.X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory