Latest PWI sweepstakes

Lol_no - Lost City
Lol_no - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
Okay here are the sweepstakes rules from the website...
I like it how apparently only people from the US are playing pwi, and the rest of the world doesnt exist b:chuckle

PWI: Sirens of War

The Sweepstakes period will run from November 14th until December 12th, 2012.

In celebration of the latest PWI expansion, Sirens of War, we would like to announce a special sweepstakes for all of our PWI players to take part in, where they can earn the chance to win a customized Andrea gaming headset!

Players eligible to enter the Andrea headset sweepstakes must be 18 or older and live within the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).

Official Rules

1. DESCRIPTION / ELIGIBILITY: No purchase necessary. This sweepstakes is open only to participants who are legal residents age 18 or older of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Employees of Perfect World Entertainment, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and any person working on the product, project, or promotion, advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of each are not eligible. Void where prohibited by law. The sweepstakes begins on November 14th at 11:00 AM PST and ends on December 12th at 11:59PM PST ("Entry Period"). The prize drawing will be at the end of the Entry Period.
Post edited by Lol_no - Lost City on

Comments

• Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's unfair that it's just people in U.S that can participate, I'm in Canada I'm not so far and cannot even participate. b:angryb:cry

Plus I need new headset mine is half broke. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Lol_no - Lost City
    Lol_no - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's unfair that it's just people in U.S that can participate, I'm in Canada I'm not so far and cannot even participate. b:angryb:cry

Plus I need new headset mine is half broke. b:surrender

Well i think we all know the whole world only consist of the USA b:thanks
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dunno what s the point of your post... we all know by far the PWI means ''Perfect Wolrd I don t care of the rest of the world since we only provide time frames and events for people that lives in the US'' b:laugh b:laugh
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It does suck how the rest of the world can't join in :(
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    In most cases in regards to gifts/sweepstakes/lotteries this is due to state laws, or limitations due to legal requirements in the US, and not the fault of PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I couldn't care less about that reward. I have a shop near me and there are much better ones than what pwi offers. + for me u.s.a doesn't even exist. So we are even I guess. Opinion said, deal with it. b:laugh

Edit: I live in Finland. Yes, that Country exists.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    In most cases in regards to gifts/sweepstakes/lotteries this is due to state laws, or limitations due to legal requirements in the US, and not the fault of PWI.

This. I mean, the sweepstakes isn't even open to all of the USA; people in Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible either. That's just the way some sweepstakes go, unfortunately.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This. I mean, the sweepstakes isn't even open to all of the USA; people in Alaska and Hawaii are not eligible either. That's just the way some sweepstakes go, unfortunately.

This is very true. While it may be an *International* game, they have to abide by Local and National laws. PWE has a base in California, and therefore, are subject to the laws of the State of California as well as United States of America.

Most, if not ALL, giveaways, prizes, ect....are only for the contingent 48 states. Sorry, its just the way it is. Blaming PWE is not going to solve anything, except perhaps solve the mystery of how many uneducated individuals play this game b:cute

In regards to the event times, ect....Yes, they could improve upon them. However, they would have to expand GM support to cover those times, in case the event were to go awry.

If you do not like the current East/West coast servers....they do have EU servers you can play. Just sayin'.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    First I wanted to post something that fits in with most of the people posting here......" whine whine...b:angry...whine WHINE!!!!"

Get over yourselves people. Every contest has limitations as to where it is valid. When the country of Finland raffles off a goat it's probably limited to people living in Finland. Yes even though I live in the US I do believe that Finland exists!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Never gave much of a fur, not American. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    [QUOTE=In celebration of the latest PWI expansion, Sirens of War, we would like to announce a special sweepstakes for all of our PWI players to take part in, where they can earn the chance to win a customized Andrea gaming headset![/QUOTE]

OK really wanna QUOTE THIS PART

"special sweepstakes for all of our PWI players"

Enough Said!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Or, if you live outside of the US, they could convert your prize's value into ZEN and award you that. I don't think that would break any laws, would it?

Anyway, what I found more amusing:
    and the "boom-free" technology means no interference with that gorgeous mouth as you trash talk your opponents or shout orders to your allies!

Because that's really what we need any more of b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    First I wanted to post something that fits in with most of the people posting here......" whine whine...b:angry...whine WHINE!!!!"

Get over yourselves people. Every contest has limitations as to where it is valid. When the country of Finland raffles off a goat it's probably limited to people living in Finland. Yes even though I live in the US I do believe that Finland exists!

"raffles off a goat"... seriously? I hope you don't think Finland is 3rd world. Helsinki is one of the most advanced (connected) cities in the world. The country as a whole is ranked far higher in education, standard of living, tech, and medical than anywhere in the US. Haista napa! (Sorry for off topic rant but Skog hates ignorant people.)

Now on topic,
    As Venus and others have said, it is due to legal issues stemming from sweepstakes. Most the Canadians can tell you that in order to enter a sweepstakes, they have to answer a simple question... just to enter. lol It is their law. I do wonder since people play PWI on servers located in the US, if PWI could just credit zen for those outside the US? I'm not sure of the legality of that but might be a thought.

(nowitsawn beat me to it... lol dang ninja eps)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StellaNova - Raging Tide
    StellaNova - Raging Tide Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    whit all that said about US and California law and what to do and not do - Isn't there also laws about what you can, and can't do when you announce a sweepstake - with the all players part, I find it missleading - even if is explained better futher down in the text.

Why not write:

For all our US based/American players except the state of Alaska and Hawaii
    Miss my Avatar b:sad

Starfall Marshall b:victory
  • Crystyl - Dreamweaver
    Crystyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    "raffles off a goat"... seriously? I hope you don't think Finland is 3rd world. Helsinki is one of the most advanced (connected) cities in the world. The country as a whole is ranked far higher in education, standard of living, tech, and medical than anywhere in the US. Haista napa! (Sorry for off topic rant but Skog hates ignorant people.)

Now on topic,
    As Venus and others have said, it is due to legal issues stemming from sweepstakes. Most the Canadians can tell you that in order to enter a sweepstakes, they have to answer a simple question... just to enter. lol It is their law. I do wonder since people play PWI on servers located in the US, if PWI could just credit zen for those outside the US? I'm not sure of the legality of that but might be a thought.

(nowitsawn beat me to it... lol dang ninja eps)

So even though my country doesn't exist I'll do my jokes in red so those with no sense of humor can tell IT WAS A JOKE?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Actually the Mayans predicted the end of Twinkies!
  • Nature_God - Sanctuary
    Nature_God - Sanctuary Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just saying, I'm not one of the whiners. PWI just should say its for Americans. Instead they said ''for all our pwi players'' and reason why I don't even want this ''reward'' is because by the time it would arrive Finland, high chance it would be broken anyways.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The biggest global threat to mankind...the entitlement mentality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't mind American things being just for the Americans, but saying ALL players and then just those in US, despite having two EU servers irks me. Or were the people who play there unable to take part in the sweepstakes at all?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Miqqo - Harshlands
    Miqqo - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Finland? Goats? We don't deal in goats here. Not even here up north.

While it would be nice to have a chance to sign up for things like these, I can understand the legal limitations and having heard of UPS horror stories I am not too comfortable having something shipped here, first crushed by them just to be crushed for the 2nd time by Itella (the finnish postal company).

Well maybe them breaking it again would make it magically rebuild itself or something...