Pvp With Sins

Options
XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City
XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Archer
Basic gear for now (r8 +3-5, hh99 wrist boots, warsong Helm) lvl 101, sage 5.6k hp
How would you fight +10 First cast NV dag Sins, that pop out of stealth on you?
and say they crit maybe 3-4k at some times with their first hit (deep sting or tackling slash)
Just need some tips, gear won't be like this for long
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City on

Comments

• Facerolled - Raging Tide
    Facerolled - Raging Tide Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ...is this a serious post?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    boogiepanda | Demon Archer || Facerolled | Demon Wizard

tinyurl.com/PWIArcherWizardPvP
  • qz8
    qz8 Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    expel yourself, get far away (leaps, holy path), pop an anti-stun (fortify, wings of grace, elevn alcrity etc), immobilize the sin, pew pew they're dead. Genie skills such as badge of courage and will surge also help (for breaking out of stun/use against throatcut).
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Since you will probably die in under .1 secs w/ no time to AD after, your best bet would be to randomly AD out of nowhere in the hopes u AD at the exact moment when they pop out, thus negating their 1-shot insta kill, then hope they're too dumb to shadow escape and kill them during that AD time.

Yes, it's as hard as it sounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • qz8
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Since you will probably die in under .1 secs w/ no time to AD after, your best bet would be to randomly AD out of nowhere in the hopes u AD at the exact moment when they pop out, thus negating their 1-shot insta kill, then hope they're too dumb to shadow escape and kill them during that AD time.

Yes, it's as hard as it sounds.

^ or go into stealth yourself and wait til one of you runs out of mp u.u
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Spam detect pots to try to at least get some hits in. Most sins are pretty squishy and some of them panic if you catch them off guard.

Aside from that, you should be pretty dead if you get caught by a +10 with genie on cooldown.

Aside from that just AD, WoG, Holy Path/Leaps and more of what qz8 said.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Even if you're a rank 9 archer 3rd cast with +12 refines, full JoSD or DoT sharded, you will loose as an archer against an equally geared and equally skilled assassin. Its not a matter of doing the right things at the right time, its the fact that Assassins just have more utility. A skill that prevents them from being one shot. Multiple gap closers. Emergency stealth escape.

Unlike the magic classes you're not guaranteed to hit due to Assassins being very dexterous like archers. On top of that they have an active buff which allows them to even dodge magic attacks. Once they've caught you they've got several roots, stuns and freezes.

The only thing you can really do as an Archer is use stealth and call it a draw until someones MP runs out.
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm going to comment again since I saw your video in the other thread and saw that you can kite well.

I would recommend getting leaps if you can, they greatly improve an archer's kitability, especially vs sins/melees. Awaken and Sage BoA would be nice too, but those are kind of only if you can afford them.

Anti-stun + IG works for some time. As I said, if you know they are around detect pots can mean the difference between a fight and not one. If you stun and kill them before they realize you see them, then no risk.

If they stun you cast AD and spam WoG, hoping you live. If they freeze you cast WoG and either IG or if they restealth detect pot and stun. Watch for Maze Steps symbol and make sure it isn't active when you go in for the attack. Kite if it is active and cast alacrity if Wings of Grace's 15 seconds is running out. I personally like using Wingspan right after WoG in case another unstealthed sin is nearby to knock them out, then I kite. The air works too since melees dont like drop tactics. Leaps also work while flying. I like to use metal (TS+LS) on them because most stack phys ornas for aps.

And I will say it one last time, detect pots let you get the jump on them. They are really cheap on my server (like 20k or less) and you can farm them in theatre of blood.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • qz8
    edited November 2012
    Options
    adding to the posts above, your genie will be very important too. Keep skills which keep your distance from the sin (stunning blast, holy path), skills which reduce damage taken (absolute domain, expel), skills which prevent stuns and stuff (fortify, will surge etc), skills which will break you out of a stun or something if the sin is especially sneaky (badge of courage etc), and if you still have room maybe cloud eruption or chi siphon for some nice chi. Keep in mind that sins can build chi super fast while archers must rely on pots or genies. Since you're sage, it won't be too bad, but 50 chi every minute is still tiny, and you'll be using spark after spark on wings of grace and other things.

Apart from that, utilize any potions and your skills, be proactive and anticipate whatever comes next, and kite well (use the air as well as ground ๏_๏). Then you'll be a sin killing machine b:laugh
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Gear up a bit more then head back to west gate for revenge. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yin - Momaganon
    Yin - Momaganon Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    +3-+5 armor refine is just not enough against +10 weapon. Sins got advantage to attack first and you got to react damn fast with genie.
  • XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City
    XTJSoGangsTa - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm going to comment again since I saw your video in the other thread and saw that you can kite well.

I would recommend getting leaps if you can, they greatly improve an archer's kitability, especially vs sins/melees. Awaken and Sage BoA would be nice too, but those are kind of only if you can afford them.

Anti-stun + IG works for some time. As I said, if you know they are around detect pots can mean the difference between a fight and not one. If you stun and kill them before they realize you see them, then no risk.

If they stun you cast AD and spam WoG, hoping you live. If they freeze you cast WoG and either IG or if they restealth detect pot and stun. Watch for Maze Steps symbol and make sure it isn't active when you go in for the attack. Kite if it is active and cast alacrity if Wings of Grace's 15 seconds is running out. I personally like using Wingspan right after WoG in case another unstealthed sin is nearby to knock them out, then I kite. The air works too since melees dont like drop tactics. Leaps also work while flying. I like to use metal (TS+LS) on them because most stack phys ornas for aps.

And I will say it one last time, detect pots let you get the jump on them. They are really cheap on my server (like 20k or less) and you can farm them in theatre of blood.

THANK YOU A LOT DUDE, that's EXACTLY the type of answer I was looking for, I really appreciate it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear
    _Nottunyx_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    100% zhen-free since jan 2009 b:cool
    Living proof that Pay2Win is a load of ****

My job is to make things go [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleasedb:laughb:pleased
  • roxypik
    roxypik Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

And if a sin with same *build* comes along your way prepare to be one shot on zerk crit. You guys havent seen recasted sins yet probably.
  • Rose/
gel - Lost City42
    Rose/ gel - Lost City42 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In this you mostly have to be quick to the trigger or you're dead. Most 10x Sage assassins can one shot an archer or arcane class.
    It's a huge deal to kill a sin in stealth. Find them first though and they are dead.
  • qz8
    edited November 2012
    Options
    and thats why you shard with josd, not DoT b:chuckle
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    use winged shield cos it lasts like forever / pdef charm once he pops use faith and ironguard and kill him..

use winged shield once he stuns you use faith leap left stun lightning strike hes dead or if better gear thunder shock + lightning strike or aim low + stun + stuff well depends on sins gear

if cant kill use 79 skill and run away or holy path or stealth or leap again or blessing of condor if cant move or spark

well yea there are loads of ways to deal with sins.. problem is if they jump u 4vs 1 all at once and u have no time to react or if theyre not noobs then its also harder to kill but archer can run away or hide as well..
    i duel with my brother sometimes were both +12 wep nub armor and its 50-50 depends if i **** up or not and on skill cooldown cos both can 1 hit.. and hes a good sin and knows how to play ;P
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    qz8 wrote: »
    and thats why you shard with josd, not DoT b:chuckle

i have 8k hp and he has r9 +12 and can 1 hit me cos hits me 25k but its still 50-50 there are loads of stuff u can use not to be 1 hitted: apothecary, class skills, charms etc. its not about gear and i have flawless garnets and + 7 armor >.> point is to use stuff not to get 1 hitted and then leap left and right jump run crawl hop etc etc.. and must stun them or seal and kill with magic attacks cos most sins increase their pdef else they cant tank bosses..
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    pdef charm once he pops use faith and ironguard and kill him...

if the sin is average and not particularly skilled (most of the sins), this works well.

in case you didnt know, the pdef charm reduces the dmg of the next physical hit by 50% so that saves you quite a bit on the initial attack. faith removes any negative status effect (e.g. sleep, freeze, stun, seal...) and gives you immunity from negative effects for a few seconds

scenario: sin stuns/sleeps from stealth (survive with pdef charm) > break out of stun/sleep by faith > during immunity from negative statuses, hit IG and get invulnerability and avoid IG stun > kill sin

if the sin is above average, he'll realize you killed your genie and apo, kite for a few seconds, and come back to kill you

generally, survive the initial attack and youre much better off (kite/fly). when i was r8 geared, i could consistently beat 3 ish average 1st nv+10 sins ganging at once from stealth by just kiting a bit after surviving the initial attack before retaliating
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    imho drag the fight out. Don't try to retaliate soon as that initial attack is over. Not dieing is the priority, killing them is an afterthought. The longer you prolong the fight the better your chances of killing the sin or someone else killing it. The main thing is to kite maze steps off. After that you can take your chances trying to stun w/ tidal up or kite them a little longer. If they stealth back up you can always use a detect potion.

tldr
    sins are tricky to beat, figure out a way to make them burn chi/pots/genie while conserving yours
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]