Realm of reflection. Is it popular ?

Toliman - Raging Tide
Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
edited December 2012 in General Discussion
PWI_News wrote:
New Zone: Realm of Reflection

This new zone, accessible to players level 31 and above, can be entered via the Thousand Streams NPC known as Mira Laedi. Once inside, you can use "Reflective Shards" to gain EXP and Spirit over time without even having to be at your computer! Feel like making a sandwich and streaming a marathon of your favorite show? Well now you can without losing ground on your closest leveling pals!

Reflective shards can be obtained through a multitude of different repeatable quests including Bounty Hunter, Cube of Fate, Advanced Endless Universe, and more.

As I understand there are following cons and pros:

Pros

+Accessible to players level 31 and above
+Safe zone for leveling
+AFK leveling (good for those, who not able to play, but want to level)

Cons

-Added new item for players, that not need to level in Realm of Reflection: "Reflective Shards"
-Added new type of power leveled players

I had created above poll to determine how "Realm of Reflection" is useful for players.
Post edited by Toliman - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Ridelia - Momaganon
    Ridelia - Momaganon Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like it. Some free exp is always good. I go there everytime I go afk and not only - since they put Banker, Mailbox and Auctioneer there I keep most of my alts in Reflection so I can easly exchange stuff between them by accont stash and watch auctions while lvling up. Even my shop char (yes, you can shop there now) had some time - lvling while selling stuff. But I found out thet keeping the shop outside reflection is more profitable - due to the fact people split in a few Reflection spots and there is no chance your shop come to everyone there.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I use Reflection for spirit and dump the EXP into a genie. It's a great way to get spirit to level your skills especially for us mages that go through so much spirit just to level our basic skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I use Reflection for spirit and dump the EXP into a genie. It's a great way to get spirit to level your skills especially for us mages that go through so much spirit just to level our basic skills.

It is dependent from level: my Wizard now has about 1 mln of spirit and has not skills that I can level and use.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You still have to play in order to get the shards. I can only get 5 a day.

3 from BH's and 2 from attendance quest.

So some time must be spent in order to "AFK level"

That is, until the game begins to die and they start selling shards in the Boutique.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ihave always hated the reflection realm do to its lack of creation..come on its just another damn bh metal instance..how lazy is that.I figured it would look like a relaxing place butits not.Plus im not big on the afking or exp anyways.im not gonna carry my tail all the way there to afk for hours on end and get a measley 2%..if that..so plz turn your computer off and save your power bill.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
    edited November 2012
    I reflect before i go to bed. Why not. The shards were free.

Hell, my electric is free here so there's that... b:victory

I say go for it...it just might work!
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think it shows promise now - it's an alternate Arch to which we could banish all the catshops.

And it's got my minicleric alt maybe 5 levels so far; for doing nothing, which isn't a terrible thing.

At high levels it's pretty much pointless; but you can always just get rid of the shards.
    edited November 2012
    I think it shows promise now - it's an alternate Arch to which we could banish all the catshops.

And it's got my minicleric alt maybe 5 levels so far; for doing nothing, which isn't a terrible thing.

At high levels it's pretty much pointless; but you can always just get rid of the shards.

YES! Kill the catshops!
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012

Key word is "always". At the start these were Fairy Box Keys (if I had not any of Fairy Boxes, then Fairy Box Keys are useless to me), then Reflective Shards.
  • nioooooo
    nioooooo Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its a fast n free teleport from 1k to arch ;) not that money is an issue anymore xD
  • Absinda - Sanctuary
    Absinda - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I usually have one of my veno's leveling a pet in Shining Tide overnight; so, it's easy enough to stick another alt in RoR. I wouldn't exactly call it power leveling. LOLOLOL
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You still have to play in order to get the shards. I can only get 5 a day.

3 from BH's and 2 from attendance quest.
    3 from bh's
    1 from morai timed daily
    2 from attendance
    1 from cube
    1 from MQ (if you are married)
    1 for Tux Su Toxin (i believe - according to pwdb)
    1 for AEU (i believe - according to pwdb)
    1 from MQ (if you are married)

So, yeah.....you can stack these up pretty quick.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personally I welcome it. For some of us, like myself, that work 12+ hours a day, have a life and responsibility beyond playing PWI from the time one wakes up, to when mommy says dinner is ready, to when one goes to bed, its a nice addition to get a little xp and spirit. I don't live under my parent's roof. I can't play 18 hours a day. I'm not a college student skipping class to play. I am an adult that enjoys gaming from time to time, but real life trumps game time.

And with that, I don't have so much time to play that I have many 100+ level characters. Actually I don't have any that are that level. So yes, I like RoR. Every little bit helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like it, too:) For the same reason Laphroaig does. (Although I do have 2 level 100 + characters that it doesn't do a lot for). Plus, I also recently went back to college & I'm doing it online, so I can get experience on my lower levels while I'm online doing school. (Not running my electric bill up needlessly that way). So, yeah, I like free XP:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    I usually have one of my veno's leveling a pet in Shining Tide overnight; so, it's easy enough to stick another alt in RoR. I wouldn't exactly call it power leveling. LOLOLOL

You admitting to afk pet lvling? b:shocked
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I was wondering the same thing b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't use it, and I don't care if others use it.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i like it. its fair. the exp isnt that overwhelmingly huge.
    its good for a AFK time without cooldowns like a hyper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited November 2012

LOL ... there's a rule against it? LOLOLOL Someone needs to tell all the other veno's that go to that spot. LOLOLOL

I would never have had the patience to get my lev-5 tortois all the way to 95 if I hadn't camped on fast spawning, aggressive water mob spots. I suppose that's against some rule in the fine print too. LOLOLOL

'spose I could just go to Cube room 4, setup a macro on my Razer Naga and have at it. LOLOLOL

OMG, did she really say that? LOLOLOL

You guys crack me up sometimes, like when someone necros a thread: [insert little girl nasal twang] Teacher! Teacher! Johnny's throwing spitwads.

LOLOLOL

PS: LOLOLOL I'm admitting to nothing except parking an alt in one spot, and since so many nitwits park themselves butt up agains the Banker npcs, BH npc, and Schoolteacher npc, there can't possibly be a rule against it. LOLOLOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    About the only things I don't like about it is that:

1~ You can only have a max of (7 days) of shard time build up?? (Seriously {PW} I'm sick of the next (5 days) worth of shards, taking up my characters Personal bank space) so 4gdz Sake give us more time then just 1 week only...b:surrender

&

2~ That we can never see whats below the Reflection Realms platforms Everytime we try too sky dive off of them and Bungy it W/O a Rope....(b:chuckle) I mean we see the bridge & stuff down there, let us explore it......((b:pleased)) b:laughb:victory
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    LOL? LOLOLOL
    LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL

OMG, LOLOLOL

LOLOLOL

PS: LOLOLOL
    LOLOLOL
    5char.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Realm of Reflection is very popular. It's good for those times you need to go AFK. Now you get something out of it. I use it for 1hr each day at the end of all my dailies.
    seitori wrote: »
    About the only things I don't like about it is that:

1~ You can only have a max of (7 days) of shard time build up?? (Seriously {PW} I'm sick of the next (5 days) worth of shards, taking up my characters Personal bank space) so 4gdz Sake give us more time then just 1 week only...b:surrender

&

2~ That we can never see whats below the Reflection Realms platforms Everytime we try too sky dive off of them and Bungy it W/O a Rope....(b:chuckle) I mean we see the bridge & stuff down there, let us explore it......((b:pleased)) b:laughb:victory

It's.. Heaven in LOD. If that makes any sense..
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I might like it better if the people sitting in reflection didn't show as online.

Personally, I think it's mostly just a ploy to inflate activity numbers in a dying game.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    seitori wrote: »
    It's.. Heaven in LOD. If that makes any sense..
    It's actually the original FB109 instance (I cannot recall the original name atm.) which, like OHT, it just a remap of existing area maps with some different content. In this case, the ground is the area of Sanctuary, and the Upper section you work on is the FB109 instance which has been reused and converted to Warsong, and then reused again and converted to Reflection.

Just more evidence on how un-original the PW-CN dev's are. Just like Morai is copied from FW and inserted into PWI because they use the same engine and are basically interchangeable.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith