Seeker's Edged Blur now affected by Attack levels

Hexalot - Dreamweaver
Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Seeker
Surprised no one else posted this but anyway... with the new skill rebalancing, looks like Edged Blur got more than the one major boost in that... in addition to having a chance to do x1.5 damage with chance to proc based on double your crit rate... damage is now also increased by your own attack levels as well... similar to how they increase damage on your other skills.

As we all know... previously Edged Blur was unaffected by your own attack levels or the defense levels of the person you were fighting.

However (luckily) it's still a one way street in that... while now being boosted by attack levels... Edged Blur still bypasses your opponent's defense levels, AD, Invoke and any other damage reduction/immunity buffs.

You can easily test it your self by stripping off all your gear and equipping a lvl 1 npc sword (the level one ensures the damage range is very small so as to easily observe the results). Then go duel a friend or one of your alts while switching a Jones in and out between Edged Blurs. :)
Post edited by Hexalot - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    well damn wow o.o thanks for pointing that out, now that skill just got even better b:dirty
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    well damn wow o.o thanks for pointing that out, now that skill just got even better b:dirty

A LOT better... lol. In the past EB just seemed so bleh... not a bad skill but mainly useful it seemed for knocking Sins out of stealth and forcing them to either back off of you when apsing or die... or perhaps catching an Invoking Barb in TW at really low health. But it's damage in general was so weak unless sparked that I never paid any serious attention to it... didn't even bother to get the sage version until recently (and only when I saw it in the AH at a bargain price). Now I'm glad I did. b:dirty

I use it exclusively in NWs now since it's far more common for me to get ganked by Sins and BMs trying to aps me to death than in the more organized TW. And let me say... with the changes to Edged Blur, the skill is like a one-two shot now for anyone with around 6K mag defense or less and under 10K HP (which is like 95% of all the Sins out there... lol). Most don't live past one tick when the 1.5x damage boost procs.

Furthermore and even though I haven't had a chance to test it yet... I'm nearly 100% certain that if I can lock an R9 Barb in place long enough then 3 spark/edged blur... I could kill them in 3-4 ticks... particularly if I lower their metal defense with ion spike first.

I can see Heart of Steel becoming a must for everyone's genie in the not to distant future. b:laugh

This should be further incentive for Seekers... as if they needed it, lol... to skip R8 completely (unless using it as a stepping stone to R9) and go farm their Nirvy G16 gear from NWs. The weapon alone has 40 attack levels. And once again because EB ignores opponents' defense levels, any attack lvls you have equate to a straight up increase in EB's damage calc... which then further stacks with the x 1.5 damage proc.
  • IHaxJoo - Raging Tide
    IHaxJoo - Raging Tide Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks so much for bringing this up on the forum. I almost never used edged blur before because the DOT was over 12 secs and the dmg done was too little to waste my spark on this. However, after today, I'll be sure to use edged blur to the max xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    So edged blur from an R9 Seeker would hit a crapload harder than it did before patch, even without the 1.5x crit proc?
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    So edged blur from an R9 Seeker would hit a crapload harder than it did before patch, even without the 1.5x crit proc?

It's a huge damage boost for Seekers with any attack levels, whether it be Nirv G16, R9 or just plain wearing a Jones blessing. Reason being that... unlike other skills in PVP... defense lvls of opponents do not neutralize attack levels when applied to Edged blur. EB's damage bypasses def lvls, AD, damage reduction skills, etc. Only metal defenses/immunity affects the skill.

Therefore if you have 100 attack levels, the skill now does permanent double damage compared to before... even if your opponent has 100 defense levels in turn. Of course the x 1.5 non crit damage boost also stacks with attack levels... much the same way regular crits do.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Now if this just generated aggro, it would solve our problem with keeping aggro outside of vortex.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I paid attention to it in warsong today and then i cried a little inside when the blurr was doing more dmg per than my own swing >_> my shadows out-do me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    It's a huge damage boost for Seekers with any attack levels, whether it be Nirv G16, R9 or just plain wearing a Jones blessing. Reason being that... unlike other skills in PVP... defense lvls of opponents do not neutralize attack levels when applied to Edged blur. EB's damage bypasses def lvls, AD, damage reduction skills, etc. Only metal defenses/immunity affects the skill.

Therefore if you have 100 attack levels, the skill now does permanent double damage compared to before... even if your opponent has 100 defense levels in turn. Of course the x 1.5 non crit damage boost also stacks with attack levels... much the same way regular crits do.

This is going to be game breaking on the private server I play on. Especially since this also probably applies to absorb soul and blade tornado as well.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I paid attention to it in warsong today and then i cried a little inside when the blurr was doing more dmg per than my own swing >_> my shadows out-do me

And thus this further strengthens my point earlier. Sure it wouldn't be enough against APS players, but man that kind of aggro would be golden..

Or maybe it would be enough. Come on PWI, make it happen..