NW sideeffect

Options
/Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
/Mangetsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
This is more like a question really, now with NW happening ever Friday and Sunday, some people (me <--casual player) have stopped running nirvana and i have over 400 keys stack on my toons. So could GMs allow nirvana keys to be stacked for more than just 99, like they did with pots? And should i try to get squad to run 99 quest and use all my keys while 2x, or will there be some sort of trade keys for something (talis maybe) or a new way to use them like an advance nirvana O_O?

The point of the thread is because the keys are taking about 4-5 slots in my inv O_O
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If you're not going to use them or not run 99 keys........NPC what you have and stop picking them up? Problem solved.
  • /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:thanks could do it but i have been kind of satckin them nd now they are worthless kind of sad to NPC themb:surrenderb:sad

but really how hard could it be if they make them stack for more than 99 O_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Honestly.....I cant see them caring.
    They didn't officially kill Nirvana, like with FCC when they removed the mats and changed the instance.
    Nirvana/Caster are both still there, ready to be entered and run as per normal. You can use the keys or do 99 keys if you want, they are not stopping or preventing you. Letting them stack up/take room in your inventory is your choice at this point.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Depending on how many people you need to split the earning with, Nirvana still has some potential to make money. Yeah, it doesn't make the big bucks like it used to, but it is still fairly profitable, esp duo an trio or solo.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This game is now called weekend warrior world thanks to NW
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Rockin - Lost City
    Rockin - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hahahahahahaha.... ha b:laugh
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

weekend warrior ...meaning lots of fun on the weekend for someone too busy working a full job during the week, someone that would actually have money to charge for the game. charms apoth chi stones all et burned up for wars=$$$,someone that now knows they have the potential to be on a level playing field without investing countless hours during the week they dont have, and without that sense of feeling hopelessly behind they just need to keep NW schedule and if they miss one..well they actually have a job to pay for zen...

thanks for defending their actions
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    weekend warrior ...meaning lots of fun on the weekend for someone too busy working a full job during the week, someone that would actually have money to charge for the game. charms apoth chi stones all et burned up for wars=$$$,someone that now knows they have the potential to be on a level playing field without investing countless hours during the week they dont have, and without that sense of feeling hopelessly behind they just need to keep NW schedule and if they miss one..well they actually have a job to pay for zen...

thanks for defending their actions

Not sure if you are happy for the weekend warriors or sad for them b:question
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    neither really, weekend warrior is usually a positive term though, so i was critisizing its use by someone who seemed to be dissatisfied with it, by using that term he inadvertently defended PWIs quite genious marketing plan

i have to add: for a cash shop mmo, one of the worse things is having a large population of people that can very easily farm tons of cash at a trivial cost-causes the bad type of inflation and theyll have no reason to use the boutique, these last changes have been a direct attempt to change the situation
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:laugh

"Depending on how many people you need to split the earning with, Nirvana still has some potential to make money. Yeah, it doesn't make the big bucks like it used to, but it is still fairly profitable, esp duo an trio or solo."

I understand nirvana is till there and i can run whenever i have time, that of course if i find a squad [which is rare at the time] and since i do 6 man ;D even more difficult

"You can use the keys or do 99 keys if you want, they are not stopping or preventing you. Letting them stack up/take room in your inventory is your choice at this point. "

true is my choice, im just worried that if i NPC them i might missed some opportunity in the future, TBH i dont even npc the anni al class pets and fash [etc]

mainly i wanted to get some opinions on the stacking keys ideas.

Any1 feel free to add more "side effects" from NW

I'll add one more, in game economy = inflation; get ready when the bubbles burst!?
    Gold is increasing considerably and now with the vana market crash + the remove of delta coins rewards. i don't c much coin makin option aside from TT, FC bigroom, DQ [while 2x] ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    atm yes people get alot of money from NW, but the inflation will make items go up and canny/rap will be like 20k /80k in some months, thus making it way less profitable.. everything will adjust with time. true atm NW is kinda destroying economy and might slow down zen sales a bit.. but it should calm down as canny/rap price is getting useless.
    I kinda see NW rewards as a good thing, more people will be equal geared.. so less difference between casual and cashopper.
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Harpy_killer - Sanctuary
    Harpy_killer - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

hahaha just thought about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKJb_HpNwY8
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe rap and canny price will get that low but i somewhat doubt it. At some point everyone getting raps and cannies will probably switch over to getting seals of war to sell, and/or upgrading thier own gear.
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe rap and canny price will get that low but i somewhat doubt it. At some point everyone getting raps and cannies will probably switch over to getting seals of war to sell, and/or upgrading thier own gear.

That's a really good point I didn't think of before
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't see why Nirvi still can't be ran, it's still sitting there with no change to it. NW is only 2 days a week. Nirvi is a fun instance and can only just add to your raps and cannies. just cuz NW gives more, no harm in the extra drops from Nirvi.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I agree; but.

It's a PAIN to find a nirvana squad. And not much fun to actually do it.

Whereas NW, while a hideous pain and not enjoyable at all... got me 270 uncannies. And made buying the rest that I needed feasible. So now the bits of armour that might feasibly one day eventually maybe be reforged; have been - and I don't have any need to ever enter Nirvana again.

Annoyingly; I will have need to enter NW again, because it's how the veno pet upgrade is being supported; allegedly. We'll see.
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I kinda see NW rewards as a good thing, more people will be equal geared.. so less difference between casual and cashopper.

The average op r9 easily gets anywhere between 200-500 tokens per NW. That's up to several hundred million per event. A lot of undergeared players get somewhere between 0-100.

The difference between +7 vana 3rd cast and full +12 r9 JosD is still massive. There is no "balance".
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The average op r9 easily gets anywhere between 200-500 tokens per NW. That's up to several hundred million per event. A lot of undergeared players get somewhere between 0-100.

The difference between +7 vana 3rd cast and full +12 r9 JosD is still massive. There is no "balance".

Not true. I'm full R9. The first night of NW I got 267, cuz we won on Light nation. the next 2 times I got 67 and 79, lost on light nation. The forth time I was on flame nation and we lost got 72. It all depends on whether you win or lose. I was getting killed like crazy, not only from R9 & Nirvi OP, but low lvl's can do some damage too, especially mag classes. Hell, a r8 barb killed me. Lower lvl's are setup to be somehwhat equal to upper classes as to be able to play too, they may not get as many coins, but if your on the winning side, you will for sure get way more tokens than the losing team. NW is awesome, I do it more for the fun, than the matts, even though im using the matts to 2nd cast.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah, I had similiar experiences to you. I am full r9 although only +5 refines and pefect sharded (I farmed my gear) and I killed a great many people, but also got killed. Sometimes by lesser geared people who teamed up. My sin is +12 r9 and he got killed lots from people focus firing.

The first couple nw I walked away with 200 tokens or so and the latest ones was 75-100 ish.
    edited November 2012
    Options

imma have to agree with Liam on this one since my first NW i got 103 tokens (cleric) then 53 (sin) and 10 on mystic, now my gear/refines are pretty crappy compare to the others plus im not much of a pk guy so it has to be between one of those situations [either bad pk or poor gear b:laugh]

"atm yes people get alot of money from NW, but the inflation will make items go up and canny/rap will be like 20k /80k in some months, thus making it way less profitable.. everything will adjust with time. true atm NW is kinda destroying economy and might slow down zen sales a bit.. but it should calm down as canny/rap price is getting useless.
    I kinda see NW rewards as a good thing, more people will be equal geared.. so less difference between casual and cashopper. "

and yes the market will balanced itself somehow but the money making mentally of vana is no longer... so smth new will have to appear or go back to the old TT and Lunar farming parties [i would like this tbh farming TT in squad b:victory]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

those 200-500 really depend on which nation your in (win or not) and if your team mates are assisting you. I know i never got anywhere near 500 or id be jumping for joy :s Also i think pple are mistaking the first 1-2 fights as the general average. The first week pple got alot of tokens even up to 700 cause not many pple participated. Last week its come to the point where you cant even enter after the first minute.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    atm yes people get alot of money from NW, but the inflation will make items go up and canny/rap will be like 20k /80k in some months, thus making it way less profitable.. everything will adjust with time. true atm NW is kinda destroying economy and might slow down zen sales a bit.. but it should calm down as canny/rap price is getting useless.

I don't think it will go up that low. I think it will stay about the same it is now 100/450 unless a change is introduced in the exchange system. There are tons of r9's who want 3rd cast and it is actually achievable now through the event. Furthermore, there are tons who are non r9's but are now aiming for nirv recasts. At the moment, ALL the endgame gear requires fairly big amounts of cannies/raps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    those 200-500 really depend on which nation your in (win or not) and if your team mates are assisting you. I know i never got anywhere near 500 or id be jumping for joy :s Also i think pple are mistaking the first 1-2 fights as the general average. The first week pple got alot of tokens even up to 700 cause not many pple participated. Last week its come to the point where you cant even enter after the first minute.

Agreed, the very 1st event I did nothing, afked most of time, killed a few got +250 tokens. Last two weeks -100 while actually trying... Still see a lot of faction mates getting around 500.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NorseFox - Sanctuary
    NorseFox - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I see this as an opportunity for other players to get Rapture crystals and Uncanny crystals without having to be as well geared. The economy for Nirvana will reflect this for a little while, but I'm sure prices will stabilize somewhat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

井の中の蛙大海を知らず。

A frog in the well knows nothing of the Sea.
    -Japanese proverb
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How the heck are people getting 500 what-ya-ma-call-its from one event?

What was your personal score? b:angry

edit: Are they cheating with alts?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Agreed, the very 1st event I did nothing, afked most of time, killed a few got +250 tokens. Last two weeks -100 while actually trying... Still see a lot of faction mates getting around 500.
    im guessing its the few percentage of players that can get those huge charging insta-kill aoe's like wizzy or psy or a good supported seeker (and OP stealth sins sometimes)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan