New Skill Rebalance In China

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like Fishies got screwed on these updates:

(1) 3 skills get updated... It's true they needed to be updated because they used to really really suck.. now they will just suck. Telekinesis was fun to use, but not very useful and the other two are the worst two skills a psychic has. At least they don't cost chi like Red Tide which is also worthless. Why not update that one too along with SoV which needs a 50% boost.

Telekinesis: Additional weapon attack power increased to 150% from 130%. Has twice the critical rate to deal 1.5 times the normal damage.

Sandtrap: Additional weapons attack power increased to 500% from 200%

Torrent: Additional weapon attack power increased to 350% from 100%
    Thing is, tideborn were basically the top dogs since they've been released. So it makes sense that with the rebalance, they can buff the other classes to catch up... but by not buffing tides as well, they make it so that, while not nerfing them, their effectiveness is reduced.

Kinda like why the sin morai skills are all kinda **** and are more random utility than actually useful. They couldn't buff sins further or keep them out of the loop, so by giving them the least useful skills, they've made it easier for other classes to close the gap.
  • banhimpls
    banhimpls Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm sure there are more BM skills getting buffed then listed.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    banhimpls wrote: »

Probably people missed it in the update, demon hf is increased to 12 seconds now. Sage version does 200% extra damage.
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Probably people missed it in the update, demon hf is increased to 12 seconds now. Sage version does 200% extra damage.
    Yeah, unless you can give me an up to date set of CN files, then nope.
    While we're on the topic of Sage HF, it looks like the DoT it originally had is removed for the bonus 75 chi at the end of the skill.

Nope that's all of them. None of the axe skills, nor the All-path skills, needed any changes to them. They're pretty balanced as they are, despite most people not touching the all-path ones, bar the essentials.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I like the idea of Sage HF costing 1.25 sparks instead of 2.

Not surprised TB classes are getting the short end of the stick here. It's obvious due to their OP status since release. This will make things interesting.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Thing is, tideborn were basically the top dogs since they've been released. So it makes sense that with the rebalance, they can buff the other classes to catch up... but by not buffing tides as well, they make it so that, while not nerfing them, their effectiveness is reduced.

Kinda like why the sin morai skills are all kinda **** and are more random utility than actually useful. They couldn't buff sins further or keep them out of the loop, so by giving them the least useful skills, they've made it easier for other classes to close the gap.

The problem is that it looks as though they're afraid to nerf anybody, cause surely someone will cry. It's a nice effort, but no matter how you look at it, sins are OP because of the sheer amount of control skills they have and their ridiculous DPS directly out of stealth. Simply neglecting them for the next ~4 updates or whatever still won't cut it; they're THAT OP and simply need a nerf.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Looks like Fishies got screwed on these updates:

(1) 3 skills get updated... It's true they needed to be updated because they used to really really suck.. now they will just suck. Telekinesis was fun to use, but not very useful and the other two are the worst two skills a psychic has. At least they don't cost chi like Red Tide which is also worthless. Why not update that one too along with SoV which needs a 50% boost.

Telekinesis: Additional weapon attack power increased to 150% from 130%. Has twice the critical rate to deal 1.5 times the normal damage.

Sandtrap: Additional weapons attack power increased to 500% from 200%

Torrent: Additional weapon attack power increased to 350% from 100%
    personally i would like them to boost the freeze rate form 60% to 75% for lvl10 and make demon 90%, no changes to damage just that freeze rate cause 60% freeze at lvl10 is bull always has been, and for those that think its a bad idea and would be OP think about all the other freeze skills skills in this game im fairly sure the only skill with a lower one is hail storm
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • banhimpls
    banhimpls Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Skill Name: Flash
    Deals 150% of base physical damage to the target and 300% of weapon damage. Also deals an
    additional 150% damage if target's health is higher than your own, this occurs after initial damage.
    One hundred percent accuracy.

Requires 1 spark, 2 minute cool down.

Now, is ^ that skill like that or 300% base physical damage?

Skills Name: Spirit Chaser
    Summon shadow blades to rapidly strike the enemy. Inflicts
    base physical damage plus 3777.0 plus 80% of weapon damage.

Skill Name: Atmos Strike
    A strike of incredible force, dealing base physical damage plus 180% of weapon damage
    plus 4320.0 and knocking the target
    back 18.0 meters. A successful hit has a chance to gain Chi.

Skill Name: Mage Bane
    A ray of brilliance wounds the enemy inflicting base physical
    damage plus 4863.0 plus 50% of weapon damage. For the next 8.0 seconds
    the enemy's channeling time is decreased by 100%. Has a
    chance to cast without consuming Spark. One hundred percent accuracy.

Requires one Spark.

Skill Name: Myriad Sword Stance
    Deals base physical damage plus 200% of
    weapon damage plus 8820.0.
    Reduces enemy physical attack by 200% and magical attack by 300% for 15
    seconds. Has a chance to cast with only one Spark consumed.

If this was longer than 15 seconds, it would be a nicer skill.

^ Those skills do sure have a lot of % damage in them huh?
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Skill Name: Myriad Sword Stance
    Deals base physical damage plus 200% of
    weapon damage plus 8820.0.
    Reduces enemy physical attack by 200% and magical attack by 300% for 15
    seconds. Has a chance to cast with only one Spark consumed.
    I'm gonna have to explain how this one works:
    When it's used against monsters (PvE) The old 50% debuff is active.
    If you use it on a player (PvP) then you get your 300%/200% debuffs.
    It's the same situation with Glacial Spike, (and maybe Mage Bane)
    You get the old debuffs for PvE and the new ones for PvP.
    You still get the extra weapon damage boosts for either one, but, the debuff boosts are PvP only. It's a shame though, the new MSS debuffs would've been a huge help for lesser geared squads.
    Expansion is literally at our doorstep, so, everyone will get to see the proper changes made. If PW hasn't messed up any translations.b:surrender
  • Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Poor sins got totally left out.b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Poor sins got totally left out.b:sad

And for a reason, sins should still be nerfed in order to balance the game further, be happy it`s only crappy skills.
  • Altairego - Heavens Tear
    Altairego - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    And for a reason, sins should still be nerfed in order to balance the game further, be happy it`s only crappy skills.

What if they nerfed all the chi gaining skills by 50%.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012

there would be a spontaneous parade of orgasms in arch
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Still wouldn`t be as bad. b:chuckle
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK time to bump this dead thread, there are new skills going to be added on December 28.

The changes are so far have been leaked for Barbies and Venomancers, it seems that both have new transformations, its not confirmed if there are more changes or not.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2092374&

The following is taken from the 178 fansite, and is not official and may not be true, but at this point I think is actually true.

http://bbs.178.com/thread-19513709-1-1.html

I'm however stuck at work and cant post anything else besides this goggle translation. There is also some information about the Phoenix pet, something about upgrading it, anyway stuck at work until tonight.

New skills:
    Barbies:
    The demon linghuan beast consume little real transfiguration hit 300% increase defense rating by 40 for 60 seconds, can not disperse, common use can not be changed with the white tiger, not shared cooling;

Venomancers:
    Demon, demon linghuan consume little real dollars, transfiguration dodge by 400%, ignoring the various actions hinder state every second for 10% of the maximum life's blood, for 15 seconds, can not be dispelled, not with a fox becomes common, not Shared cooling;
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    OK time to bump this dead thread, there are new skills going to be added on December 28.

The changes are so far have been leaked for Barbies and Venomancers, it seems that both have new transformations, its not confirmed if there are more changes or not.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2092374&

The following is taken from the 178 fansite, and is not official and may not be true, but at this point I think is actually true.

http://bbs.178.com/thread-19513709-1-1.html

I'm however stuck at work and cant post anything else besides this goggle translation. There is also some information about the Phoenix pet, something about upgrading it, anyway stuck at work until tonight.

New skills:
    Barbies:
    The demon linghuan beast consume little real transfiguration hit 300% increase defense rating by 40 for 60 seconds, can not disperse, common use can not be changed with the white tiger, not shared cooling;

Venomancers:
    Demon, demon linghuan consume little real dollars, transfiguration dodge by 400%, ignoring the various actions hinder state every second for 10% of the maximum life's blood, for 15 seconds, can not be dispelled, not with a fox becomes common, not Shared cooling;

This should probably go in a new topic. That barb transformation is silly when barbs are already impossible to kill. Here are the images that were attached to the 178 post (you need an account there to see them).
    http://imgur.com/a/vph19

I'm not sure if this is real though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well that's...eh..interesting? And Phoenix upgrade? Maybe it will give me a better reason to actually buy it XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • xian3
    xian3 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    新增技能:

妖灵幻 兽 消耗一点真元,变身后命中提升300%,防御等级增加40,持续60秒,无法驱散,不可与白虎变共同使用,不共享冷却;

妖灵幻 妖 消耗一点真元,变身后闪避提升400%,无视各种行动阻碍状态,每秒回复10%生命上限的血量,持续15秒,无法驱散,不可与妖狐变共同使用,不共享冷却;

NEW ADDED SKILLS:

tiger transformation: consumes one spark, after transformed accuracy increased by 300%, defense level increased by 40, last for 60 seconds, can not be purged, can not be used with Tiger Form at same time, do not shared cool down with Tiger Form;

fox transformation: consumes one spark, after transformed evasion increased by 400%, immune to any movement debuff, recover 10% max hp every second, last for 15 seconds, can not be purged, can not be used with Fox Form at same time, do not shared cool down with Fox Form.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    xian3 wrote: »

fox transformation: consumes one spark, after transformed evasion increased by 400%, immune to any movement debuff, recover 10% max hp every second, last for 15 seconds, can not be purged, can not be used with Fox Form at same time, do not shared cool down with Fox Form.

That's not too bad and the form looks pretty lol although I'm questioning it's usefulness...considering that there are so many skills that consume chi/sparks already o.o
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    note to self, never let google chrome translate chinese ever again.

"explosion urine! Explosion urine! December 28 update:"

thats what the top line became ><
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012

b:shocked that's quited messed up
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    xian3 wrote: »
    新增技能:

妖灵幻 兽 消耗一点真元,变身后命中提升300%,防御等级增加40,持续60秒,无法驱散,不可与白虎变共同使用,不共享冷却;

妖灵幻 妖 消耗一点真元,变身后闪避提升400%,无视各种行动阻碍状态,每秒回复10%生命上限的血量,持续15秒,无法驱散,不可与妖狐变共同使用,不共享冷却;

NEW ADDED SKILLS:

tiger transformation: consumes one spark, after transformed accuracy increased by 300%, defense level increased by 40, last for 60 seconds, can not be purged, can not be used with Tiger Form at same time, do not shared cool down with Tiger Form;

those sound OP as all hell
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    if evasion wasn't so useless b:shutup
    free full heal, survivalskill lets hope the cd isn't more than 1minute...
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    if evasion wasn't so useless b:shutup
    free full heal, survivalskill lets hope the cd isn't more than 1minute...

400% evasion will make archers, bms, sins and barbs miss like 70% of the time, the healing will let you survive, basically this skill is just to run in, purge/amp and run back out for tw, venos have been having a hard time getting close in tw recently
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012

'explosion urine warm urine to look at the content of the December 28 update to'

My sides b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Too bad barbs and sins have skills that don't miss, and evasion is still vulnerable to Roar.

I'd rather have pdef for running in and purging than popping a spark for a bunch of evasion. Demon venos have anti stun with sprint, and Feral Concentration was supposed to be buffed anyway.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    400% evasion will make archers, bms, sins and barbs miss like 70% of the time, the healing will let you survive, basically this skill is just to run in, purge/amp and run back out for tw, venos have been having a hard time getting close in tw recently
    Too bad barbs and sins have skills that don't miss, and evasion is still vulnerable to Roar.

I'd rather have pdef for running in and purging than popping a spark for a bunch of evasion. Demon venos have anti stun with sprint, and Feral Concentration was supposed to be buffed anyway.
    This.

400% evasion isn't exactly going to help arcane venos at all since you'd be looking at what? 500-600 evasion tops if they have gear/a tome with +dex or +evasion. That's really not gonna do jack against everyone and their grandma running around with 4k+ accuracy (or 9k+ in the case of archers/assassins) not to mention all the "does not miss" skills.

I'd much rater have the higher pdef and simply run in with antistun + immune.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    This.

400% evasion isn't exactly going to help arcane venos at all since you'd be looking at what? 500-600 evasion tops if they have gear/a tome with +dex or +evasion. That's really not gonna do jack against everyone and their grandma running around with 4k+ accuracy (or 9k+ in the case of archers/assassins) not to mention all the "does not miss" skills.

I'd much rater have the higher pdef and simply run in with antistun + immune.

yes i know its not ideal, but thats the purpose of it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited November 2012
    yes i know its not ideal, but thats the purpose of it

Thing is, saying it'd make anyone miss anywhere near 70% of the time would require the veno to be a pure dex build since otherwise the evasion is going to do exactly... nothing. And the healing's going to be kinda useless since you'll run in, amp/purge, and run out under immune anyways. Basically, it's not changing anything we already do at all and seems kinda useless since it has a spark cost on top of it.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Thing is, saying it'd make anyone miss anywhere near 70% of the time would require the veno to be a pure dex build since otherwise the evasion is going to do exactly... nothing. And the healing's going to be kinda useless since you'll run in, amp/purge, and run out under immune anyways. Basically, it's not changing anything we already do at all and seems kinda useless since it has a spark cost on top of it.

sorry, i was being stupid and thinking about my own evasion, and thinking that condor gave 300% not 1000% XD

disregard my stupidity!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]