Gornox vs Decided

Blackula__ - Archosaur
Blackula__ - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Blademaster
I ready somewhere (Archer forum) where it talked about how the decided claws didn't really do any more damage than decided? Now is this just taking them per hit, not calculating the extra interval? I have a good set of gornox and am pursuing nirvana axes now that the cost has dropped.....Please give any advice/information on this topic. My current axe pathway si the beacon axes? than smokers? something like that...

Thank you

P.S - This is for my bm.....I started it as a pet for my cleric but I have found I like the class....so it currently is 97:)
Post edited by Blackula__ - Archosaur on

Comments

• Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You could get Gorenox, but in the end Deicide is much better. Reason why? Because it has extra damage and better int. I think that pretty much solves this issue.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    the decided claws didn't really do any more damage than decided?

I think you mean the gorenox's didn't do any more damage than the Deicides.

At low refines, this is pretty true. Especially for archers who get -.1 int more than BMs because of their chest plate, so the -.05 vs -.1 isn't an issue. Also, for archers even though Deicides out dd the GVs since Archer don't get blood paint and 5 aps Revenge heals help a ton. I was amazed when leveling my archer that I could solo bh79 and FCC bosses in my 90s with +5 GVs and remain fully healed from Revenge proc.

The archer forums does have 2 great threats comparing this, showing how in spark spam the GVs are proced something like 94% of the time so 90% of the time you are getting damage + 100% weapon dmg ( I believe thats what Revenge adds). Unfortunately I just got a new computer and lost all my internet book marks but the search button is there if you spell gorenox and deicides correctly.

If I remember, GVs basically keep up with Deicides until +8 and only when perma procced from spark spamming.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Blackula__ - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Sakuba - That makes more sense. If I understand you the gorenox keep up with the deicided claws until +8 but that is only if you are attacking at a very high rate to ensure that you spend most of your time sparked? As a BM the deicided are going to be my better choice....but with the new availability of nirvana stuff...should I just keep my gorenox get my axes and start working towards nirvana fists? I remember looking at weapons before and if I remember the high level fists are super hard to get...since you have to have 4-5 decomposed ones? I will look it up.....later but if anyone can add some more to this discussion. I would like my bm to be a good farmer, but as I said I am enjoying the toon and it might become my regular toon.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    'decided' is a verb
    Lots of people misspell the name of these things, but atleast don't use a completly different word -_-

It's deicide
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Blackula__ - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    'decided' is a verb
    Lots of people misspell the name of these things, but atleast don't use a completly different word -_-

It's deicide

Why are you such a sad little man? Or an individual I like to refer to as a "tool" You come to a discussion only to $hit on my accidental spelling of a weapon in a fantasy game. Maybe they were named after the verb....."decide to be a tool"b:laugh Just in case you are the type of tool I believe you to be; the type that would look up "deicide" to make some lame argument about them being something in the real world. Deicide - means the killing of a god (deity).

I guess this is what they refer to as trolling.....your life must really suck since you felt the need to correct me:)

To everyone else thank you very much for the advice and imput
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Why are you such a sad little man? Or an individual I like to refer to as a "tool" You come to a discussion only to $hit on my accidental spelling of a weapon in a fantasy game. Maybe they were named after the verb....."decide to be a tool"b:laugh Just in case you are the type of tool I believe you to be; the type that would look up "deicide" to make some lame argument about them being something in the real world. Deicide - means the killing of a god (deity).

I guess this is what they refer to as trolling.....your life must really suck since you felt the need to correct me:)

To everyone else thank you very much for the advice and imput

Personally i think Sirrobert is correct in this matter. People think just because this is the internet, spelling, grammar, punctuation does not matter. Who is here to check, except tools like Sirrobert, right?

Normally i would think Sirrobert is crossing the line, but when you grade papers like i do for undergraduate. The trend is that people actually use "internet lingo" on their papers. I prefer to be as correct as possible, so i don't have to think in two different ways. What the above leads to is a 0 from me. If i am marking 500 papers, I can not understand your writing because it is worse than a person who is learning english for the first time in their life after 2 weeks of practise, I am sorry, that paper does not deserve my attention, if the person who wrote it can not be bothered to give it the attention it deserves.

I am not asking for eloquent essay answers. I just want simple, comprehensible answers. The same thing happens in CV's, resumes i look over for hiring. I make a person note of it, and i give that candidate grief if they ever reach the interview stage. It may be an old thing, but clear communication is a very important tool.

You are entitled to your opinion about Sirrobert, i am entitled to mine, and since you were sharing and calling him/her a toll, i decided to express my feelings to b:cute.
  • Blackula__ - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Personally i think Sirrobert is correct in this matter. People think just because this is the internet, spelling, grammar, punctuation does not matter. Who is here to check, except tools like Sirrobert, right?

Normally i would think Sirrobert is crossing the line, but when you grade papers like i do for undergraduate. The trend is that people actually use "internet lingo" on their papers. I prefer to be as correct as possible, so i don't have to think in two different ways. What the above leads to is a 0 from me. If i am marking 500 papers, I can not understand your writing because it is worse than a person who is learning english (Proper Noun) for the first time in their life after 2 weeks of practise(practice), I am sorry, that paper does not deserve my attention, if the person who wrote it can not be bothered to give it the attention it deserves.

I am not asking for eloquent essay answers. I just want simple, comprehensible answers. The same thing happens in CV's, resumes i look over for hiring. I make a personal note of it, and i give that candidate grief if they ever reach the interview stage. It may be an old thing, but clear communication is a very important tool.

You are entitled to your opinion about Sirrobert, i am entitled to mine, and since you were sharing and calling him/her a toll, i decided to express my feelings to(Too-indicates additionally) b:cute.

I too grade papers, not for undergraduates....but here is the thing. Good readers use context clues to determine meaning...For example, I know that even though you wrote "person" you actually meant personal....Anyone who has played the game knows what weapons I was trying to compare...In fact, my error had already been addressed in a very respectful way, one that did not cause me to feel like someone was being a tool. If you are going to make a post toting a love for immaculate grammar you should make sure your own posts are error free. I took the liberty of fixing a few of your errors, I might suggest rephrasing also as one of your sentences is awkwardly long making it difficult to read.....As the old saying goes about glass houses.b:victory
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I too grade papers, not for undergraduates....but here is the thing. Good readers use context clues to determine meaning...For example, I know that even though you wrote "person" you actually meant personal....Anyone who has played the game knows what weapons I was trying to compare...In fact, my error had already been addressed in a very respectful way, one that did not cause me to feel like someone was being a tool. If you are going to make a post toting a love for immaculate grammar you should make sure your own posts are error free. I took the liberty of fixing a few of your errors, I might suggest rephrasing also as one of your sentences is awkwardly long making it difficult to read.....As the old saying goes about glass houses.b:victory

Yipppeeee, that shows me you are not a bad person b:victory. Mean way to confirm, i know. You took the time and effort to correct my mistakes, thank you b:cute.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The term deicide is derived from deus (god) and cide (killer). Like homocide is the murder of a man, xenocide the murder of a species, patricide the murder of a parent... Deicide is the murder of a god. Essentially, these are a weapon for killing gods, so I think the spelling is important.

I found it, Revenge proc adds 50% weapon damage to your attack. This would be like adding 75 strength. For archers this is a big deal, since they typically only have around 150 strength and 50% more weapon damage is a big deal. In otherwords going from 150 to 225 str is a nice jump, but for BMs who have 350 str, going to 425 isn't as big of a change.

Some archers like the lower strength req of GVs also. For the rest of their armor they only need 104 str, but for GVs they need 131 and for Deicides they need 146. Using GVs some of the time means they can save 15 more dex for their bows the rest of the time.

Lastly, archer get -.05 on level 60, 90, and 99 rank chest and -.1 on level 100 rank chest, so they have an easier time getting 5.0 even with -.05 fists instead of -.1 claws. So they can be 5.0 with both. If you're comparing different attack rates Deicides comes out on top. Anytime you have different levels of attack rates you will have differences in damage.

4.0 vs 5.0 is a 25% damage increase
    3.33 vs 4.0 is a 20% damage increase
    2.86 vs 3.33 is a 16.4% increase
    2.5 vs 2.86 is a 14.4%...

So if a weapon gives you a higher attack rate they're gonna do more damage assuming they have similar dph. Ave base damage for GVs is 538, at +5 refines it gets +108 more damage but at +10 it gets +423. Ave. base damage for deicides is 586, at +5 it gets +120, and at +10 it gets +468. So the dph isn't really that different but grows as the weapon is refined.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Neither! Use g16 fists/claws and problem solved -trololol- b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Nalvaes - Raging Tide
    Nalvaes - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Here's the stats of both(w/o refines):

Deicide(or decide w/e)~ 30-40m(give or take)

Level: 95
    Str: 146
    Dex: 193

Physical Atk: 498 - 673
    Attack Rate: 1.43 atk/s

Bonus:
    Interval Between Hits -0.1 seconds
    Vitality +16 to +17
    Soul Infect: Has a chance to decrease the opponent's maximum HP.

Gorenox Vanity~ 9-13m(give or take)

Level: 85
    Str: 135
    Dex: 168

Physical Atk: 511 - 565
    Attack Rate: 1.43 atk/s

Bonus:
    Interval Between Hits -0.05 seconds
    Strength +14 to +15
    Revenge: Has a chance to recover 5% HP, and increase physical attack.

In the end it's a matter of opinion and what you're willing to pay. In my experience though, gorenox is more difficult to sell back.
    Chaos is an ally not something to avoid...After all, how can your foes stand up to you if they have no idea what your next move will be?

Gear and weapons may make strong opponents but even a strong foe can be felled by the right tactics...