Do you feel discrimanted, as Seeker?

Mirtilla - Sanctuary
Mirtilla - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Seeker
Hi

Did you even feel refused because you are a Seeker?

Okay, that was the short version, now the long and detailed version:

I have many alts, and I do BH100 with at least 5/6 of them. I usually do this: Do dailies with an alt, keep a second client with another ready to jump in any BH squad in world chat.

This what happens on BH100 Seat / Abbandon:

(These classes are actually all my lv.100+ alts)

Cleric:Always needed
Barbarian: Loved
Sin:When someone its looking for a DD, he meant he's looking for a Sin
BM: Another DD with very good chances to get in a squad
Venomancer: Mostly rejected, but generally accepted.
Seeker: Not even a reply back.

Im talking with first-hand experience, when I try to jump in a BH squad as Seeker it takes usually from 2x to 3x the same number of tries that it takes for another alt (unless its Cleric/Barb). And im pretty sure Im damn quick at replying in world chat, I bet that even if I reply first, I don't considered.

I do realize that all it takes is to make a squad by myself, but eh, if I had to form a squad for each one of my alts I wouldn't have time to do all my dailies.

So in short (again): Do you feel discriminated when it comes to BH -- especially Seat and Abbandon?
Im a Seeker but I have no clue what Im seeking.
Post edited by Mirtilla - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kinda.

But all i have to do to combat that discrimination is make my own squad.

so generally:

make my own squad < deal with it a bit

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    kinda.

But all i have to do to combat that discrimination is make my own squad.

so generally:

make my own squad < deal with it a bit

b:chuckle

+1 b:cute way less problem and dunno, seeker are needed no for delta and lunar?
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I recommend making squads with your seeker and possibly veno, and just jumping into formed squads with your other toons. It doesn't have to be all or nothing, ya know.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Wrecktor_nl - Heavens Tear
    Wrecktor_nl - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If the person making the squad has 16 brain cells or more he should know a seeker does way more damage in SoT then a sin or any other aps DD because of his buffs. It renders aps pretty much useless. If I use my angels plus vortex I take aggro about 90% of the times if I aint carefull. I wouldn't see why you would have problems with an SoT squad, I personally have no problems at all with that.
    Maybe it's because of the server. I dont know.
    (P.s. I'm only r8/nirv gear +5)
  • Brillance - Raging Tide
    Brillance - Raging Tide Posts: 1,643 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 b:cute way less problem and dunno, seeker are needed no for delta and lunar?

Idk about Lunar, but as Mystic, I did a Delta once with 2 Seekers and a BM. I felt totally unneeded in the squad except as a back up heal - which is unusual. q.q

You guys are probably alot like Mystics - Mystic is only good for alternate healer, seeker is only good for alternate tank.

Who knows, maybe making our own squads will help change misconceptions? b:chuckle
  • Mirtilla - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Idk about Lunar, but as Mystic, I did a Delta once with 2 Seekers and a BM. I felt totally unneeded in the squad except as a back up heal - which is unusual. q.q

You guys are probably alot like Mystics - Mystic is only good for alternate healer, seeker is only good for alternate tank.

Who knows, maybe making our own squads will help change misconceptions? b:chuckle

Yeah exactly.

When people look for a DD, they (usually) don't want Seeker as we're considered more as a Sub-tank but NOT as a primary Tank(Hence a good-for-nothing for Abbandon/Seat). This what it bothers me the most >.< Im not a tank OK, but can I consider myself a DD then b:shutup
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Not really. im always welcome or wanted. Even my archer is wanted while most squads dont usually want one. Guess it all depends on how you play. Usually 1/2 thru a FC im getting friends request.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Mirtilla - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Your signature says your Seeker isn't lv.100 yet...and you seem you're speaking of FCC.....which wasn't what I was talking about b:shutup off course I was loved too when I ran FCC pre-100, Seekers are probalby the 2nd/3th most wanted class in there.
  • ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide
    ISpinYouDrop - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i dont do Bh with randoms so i dont know but i suggest you find a good faction and just run inside it lol.
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most seekers spam gemini on big pulls like a ****** and lag people. So I wouldn't invite them if I were starting a squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Most seekers spam gemini on big pulls like a ****** and lag people. So I wouldn't invite them if I were starting a squad.

Wow... Seekers get the blame as well just because your 100 year old computer runs like **** ?

The class really can't catch a break. b:surrender
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Can't tell if trolling or just simply out of argument against seeker

b:shutup
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can't tell if trolling or just simply out of argument against seeker

b:shutup

+ 1 this.

I may not have a endgame seeker, granted I abandoned her at level 72 XD, but I never heard anyone complain about lag coming from a seeker that uses Gemini, which can't exactly be spammed because of the 15s cooldown. Over-usable, yes. Spammable, not exactly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've experienced this lol, one day it was incredible, PM'd many squads not even a reply like "nty" or "full thanks"
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i only have one thing to say where the rest of the ****ing active barb grrrr.

get spammed liek crazy most of the days just for bh100 cos i am awesome but 99% of the time i alredy done my bh100 qq.

less bm and less less less sin ty you b:laugh

and duh not on ghoul but my other 101 barbb:bye
  • mrcharlytoo
    mrcharlytoo Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've experienced it. Got to bosses (no barb in squad).
    "who is going to tank"

I can

"No we need a proper tank"

I can pull and tank.

ffs, what they mean is they want either a barb or a DD who can hold aggro.

Players who have always run FB and BH with a very high levelled player to do all the work.

And to the semi-troll; seekers open with Gemini Slash 'cause it hits like a train from 20m away. They can't spam it in a group because of cooldown or channelling gets interrupted, so you are either mistaking it for another skill or just trolling.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've experienced it. Got to bosses (no barb in squad).
    "who is going to tank"

I can

"No we need a proper tank"

I can pull and tank.

ffs, what they mean is they want either a barb or a DD who can hold aggro.

Players who have always run FB and BH with a very high levelled player to do all the work.

And to the semi-troll; seekers open with Gemini Slash 'cause it hits like a train from 20m away. They can't spam it in a group because of cooldown or channelling gets interrupted, so you are either mistaking it for another skill or just trolling.
    could be their round about way of saying their gear/skill is **** so they cant wager a single hit on them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • breeeezy87
    breeeezy87 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Seekers can do anything in this game and are usually better at doing so than any other class (aside from boring auto-attack aps). A lot of people still haven't taken the time to figure out how seekers work and what they're capable of. Even players in big factions who have been playing a long time have no clue what they're talking about when it comes to seekers. Just the other day a faction member was telling me how seekers don't really have a use in TW. A good seeker can be a game changer, the crowd control, the debuffs, the skills which are perfectly designed for TW can make a good seeker one of the valueable chars to have on your side. In PVE you can do anything aside from solo normal nirvy and some tt's(not efficient, but possible). My seeker can solo the new BH SoT in under 10mins, caster nirvy in about 25mins. Along with compiling more kills in TW than equally matched wiz and psy chars and achieving the highest supply token counts in the server. Sure seekers aren't easy to play, which results in a lot of bad seekers out there, but i'd say a good seeker is easily the best char out there.
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    +1 b:victory
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • HerbalLife - Archosaur
    HerbalLife - Archosaur Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Before the Siren of War update
    Seekers were always mention as a fail class
    but the new update has changed that, turning seekers into OP class
    Especially R9 GoF on magic skills.

Seekers FTWb:pleased
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Yes. I can't tell you the last time I even been in a BH squad cause I don't know. When they say "pm class", I just don't bother. I got from 100-102 pretty much solo. Seeker is perhaps the most underrated and misunderstood class in the whole MMO genre.
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They are getting more popular.

But a lot of players who just persistently use vortex on bosses, instead of concentrating on keeping up the debuffs.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Most seekers go all tanky mode, live in Vortex and don't even debuff anything.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • mrcharlyplustwo
    mrcharlyplustwo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A lvl100 seeker was shouting offering place in bh59 squad - my nub lvl77 needed it, so I joined them.

They vortexed on the bosses. Took ages to kill each one. Didn't ever debuff. Struggled against the exploding mobs.

I was disappointed, expected to see an awesome exhibition of seeker power.
  • Morfeen - Dreamweaver
    Morfeen - Dreamweaver Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Its fun when im invited to delta bh after first pm; and if its SoT/aba, they keep wcing for +1 with no even reply b:tired gotta love delta bhs
    Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it is a plan!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another.