Nation wars

Options
13»

Comments

• Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i capped a flag and got a kill yet i only got 190 points, a guild mate sat there and did nothing yet he got over 200 o.O im confused at how you award poitns in NW
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To me that makes no sense, because what about the nations that do poorly at the beginning with only 4-6 lands, and then captures over half of the map by the 1.5 hour mark? Their credit stays low and they end up losing, regardless.

Have to agree. I'm confused as hell about the whole scoring system. I mean half the time I don't pay much attention myself cause I'm mainly just there for fun, but then I see people have all these questions with no decent answers and I just get more curious.

Wonder if we can get a solid answer on this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i think if you capture a land, your nation get 1 credit, if you defend, you dont get credit

i think what happens is that people get stuck in base when their nation have few lands and because of that the nation cant get credits
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I was going to post the same thing _Skai_. 2nd nation war of the first week, we saw this. It does not matter if the nation loses all their land in the end. They still come first. The previous friday same thing happened. One nation controlled the map for the first 30~50 minutes, they won by a big margin.

Today even though the original nation had a big lead, in the end it was a close tie with our nation, our nation won. The difference was 4 points in our favour. In the start they had 40~50 points lead over the 2nd place.

Yes you can fight back, but at present it seems the best option is a land rush at start, box in 1~2 nations and have fun pking the rest of the nation wars.

I noticed one very disturbing thing. I was in 3 battles in the last 10 minutes. I finished battle 1, went to another battle (2nd one). I last 4~5 minutes, 10vs1, i got 3 points, before dying. I joined the last battle, for 2 minutes, only got a bit of dd done. I checked my score, the last 3 battles did not get the score updated. This means the last 10~20 minutes of nation war don't count? I was at 5 738 before i went in, and i finished with 5 738. The score could have easily been 6k+for me.

If the score counting is precisely on the dot. On 20:20 counting ends. If system is not updated, the battles fought between the last update and time end does not count. That means all the land grabbed in the last 10~20 minutes are useless. That is why the initial nation to get the lands will have an overwhelming majority. Each nation is taking part in 6~12 battles ever 5~10 minutes. To discount that amount of score hurts a nation badly.

The rules should be really clarified for nation war like they are for TW. There should be no/little guess work involved.
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Tonight on Sanctuary one nation (Frost) got out to a big early lead but Light nation managed to come back from last place to first. It's an advantage to start big but it's not insurmountable.

The big thing everyone needs to realize is that when one nation jumps into the lead, the other nations need to hit that one hard. Box *them* in, and cut off their point supply.

Multiple nations ganging up on the nation in last place only helps the leader.
  • _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary
    _TENSHl_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    In the last nw with my archer i got 9.6k personal point and my nation won.
    My reward was 185 tokens that time.

Today i had 8.7k personal point and my nation won again (light)
    My reward was 99 tokens.

Somthing its not working fine.

How its based the tokens distribution sistem?
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i capped a flag and got a kill yet i only got 190 points, a guild mate sat there and did nothing yet he got over 200 o.O im confused at how you award poitns in NW

I don't know about capping the flag as I never get it but I believe it's the amount of dmg you do, take, staying in the fight till the, end and winning. A few fight's it lasted a long time I managed to kill and help kill a lot of people and didn't die enough to get kicked out and when we won I got 1365 contribution. A few other fights it didn't last long and we won I only got like 300-500 contribution.At the end I had just over 6500 contribution and got 59 tokens and my nation was in last place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    prolly like in the celestials tiger event. some actions might give you contribution points directly. and at the end, they give some ramdom points too :)

i think.b:shocked
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

My reward was 99 tokens.

Yeah that makes no sense that seems messed up. Maybe your rank had something to do with it maybe you were a higher rank last time than this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    or maybe there were ppl with higher points than you in your nation
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So after last Sunday and this Sunday's Nation Wars, I have noticed something that made me question how the scoring for each nation was done.

Mainly in the credit department. From what I have noticed, if a nation does well early on (get 40-50% of all the territories) and holds them for about 30-40 minutes from the start, even if they lose every single one of those lands, they will still win the nation wars after the entirety of the two hours passed.

Is this intentional? I've been in nations that had this happen to them, and in nations that did poorly at start, but dominated half the map in the end, only to lose in the end.

For example, last Sunday, the Light Nation did poorly at the start, losing all but about 5-6 lands. After about an hour, the Light Nation came back and by the 1 hour 30 minute mark, the Light Nation had conquered over 50% of all the territories on the map, and was continuing. After the war ended, with Light Nation covering over 50% of the map, Light Nation only got 3rd place.

The same thing happened this Sunday. Early on, the Frost Nation dominated early on and covered about 40-45% of all the land on the map for the first hour. Afterwards the Dark and Light Nations fought back, and by the 1 hour 30 minute mark into the wars, the Frost Nation lost all but 2-3 of their lands for the rest of the war, but they still got first place, whereas the Flame Nation was doing well later on and got last place.

If that's the case then how can any nation conquer the leader then? The lead nation can just capture 50% of the map within the first hour, then just afk in base and get first place by the time the wars end.

It's just I feel sorry for the nations that are losing early on, but are strong by the time war is about to end. I've been in both situations, moreso in the dominate-first nations, but I just wanted to know if anyone knows more information about this, or tried to interpret it.

moved to existing topic on nation wars scoring

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

My reward was 99 tokens.

what i think is:
    the NW gives fixed number of tokens, maybe more if: 1 total amount of nation credits is higher, 2 more people go there or something else(i believe its 1)

today total amount of tokens in sanctuary was around 77k

frost, light and dark got almost same score wich means each of those got almost same amount of tokens(around 21-22k to each) while flame got around 12k(QQ i was in flame)
    those tokens are splited inside the nation, your reward is the % of the total contribuition of everyone in your nation.(lets say your nation had 20k tokens as reward and your personal contribuition was 1% of the total in your nation, that means you get 200 tokens)

so people need to find the balance betwen capturing the flag and spam killing to make your nation have biger % of total credits