For people unable to participate in NW...

Options
thegreatgargame
thegreatgargame Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
I live in Europe and been playing this game for close to 4 years.. Been on DW for almost all that time, and since I normally can't stay up all night I have hardly ever joined any of the weekly events. Not that it have been a problem for me, I've had a good time here anyways. But then this nation war comes along and change all that.
New, better way to get Nirvy/R9 recast/Warsoul etc, not to mention the fun everyone participating seems to have. And I'm excluded from everything!

First reaction was just to quit the game entirely, but now I'm leaning more to change to a European server instead.

What I wanna know is, what did other people in my situation do? Quit, changed server or just went on with the game as usual and dont care about nation wars?
I'm curious, so feel free to discuss it too xD
(if it havent been done to death already, tbh I was too lazy to check for any posts on this specific subject.. If there was one, I missed it ^^)

And lastly, if you changed to a EU server, which one? (mostly to get a sense of which server would have the most lowbies, even tho I doubt I will know any better after this post xD)
Post edited by thegreatgargame on

Comments

• BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Where's the option "I wake up at 5 am to play the stupid/unfair/unbalanced/messy event" ?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Neither of those options. I'm not going to wake up at that time. So I hope they will make some change. And if canny/rap prices don't drop to a level that's equal to attending NW in the end... well. Not saying I'll quit but who knows. I don't like the direction this is going atm.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Where's the option "I wake up at 5 am to play the stupid/unfair/unbalanced/messy event" ?

Did this once to see what all the fuss was about. Never again.
    Even if they would accommodate it to EU timezones I'd really just do it for tokens and nothing else.

Optimally they could just run NW twice every time: once for NA and once for EU timezones. Would work the same way as AEU; you can only pick up 2 entry items per week.

For now, just going along as usual (=do Morai dailies and log out).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Celestyna - Heavens Tear
    Celestyna - Heavens Tear Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Did this once to see what all the fuss was about. Never again.
    Even if they would accommodate it to EU timezones I'd really just do it for tokens and nothing else.

Optimally they could just run NW twice every time: once for NA and once for EU timezones. Would work the same way as AEU; you can only pick up 2 entry items per week.

For now, just going along as usual (=do Morai dailies and log out).

I like this idea if nothing else just to make it less people in the war, there was over 1200 on friday night b:surrender

on topic though, I live the right time zone I can attend though friday nights are kinda late I end up not going to bed until midnight and i work sat mornings, but i did that for tw anyways
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

That... I'm french and playing on an east coast server and have no problem with going to NW at 2 am :D
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I took this option, waking up close to 5 am till 7:30..I'm a very competitive person and hate lacking behind gearwise or feel like I never accomplish/get something new in my inventory coin wise.

I can't say its a good option and if I wasnt competitve at all or had my farmed r9, I wouldnt give a rats --- on doing it, the event itself is not worth it by far. It's either ganked to death or stuck on a map waiting to enter it..basically wasting my time. Idk why I even bother..I guess it's either that or quit for me and I don't really wanna quit..tho I just might in the future if this continues. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe they should swap the time slots of the Friday night NW with the 2pm Saturday TW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm at the right timezone to participate, but if I wasn't, my gameplaying wouldn't change much.
    I know some people who do wake up early for NW, but they really like participating in the event XD... I enjoy it so much that I probably would too b:chuckle
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well, I'm in the US and can attend both times. However, since we have two days, I'd rather they moved one of them to a more appropriate time for the EU folk (Probably Friday). I dislike the fact that you guys are alienated from the fun event.

Not only that, it would restrict the amount of tokens us US folk get per week, and would spread the economic impact out more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Rossaria - Sanctuary
    Rossaria - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm sorry that I cannot join that event. I'm sure it would help me a lot to improve my gear. I was thinking of moving to another server but I just cannot leave my friends there. b:cute I just keep playing as before. Maybe I'll try to wake up at 5 am and see what it is like.. but it is just maybe..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaithDread - Heavens Tear
    FaithDread - Heavens Tear Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I do this also, although I get up at 4am instead of 5am b:chuckle

Its bad, but I feel that waking up at 4am once, maybe twice a week, is a small price to pay to catch up to the gear grind, and enjoy the game for what it is. It also helps make me a lot of money which means I end up spending less money on the game, which is good for me because I like to spend money on this game b:laugh

I would Love for them to change the timing of it for a more worldwide friendly time, but I know that wont happen, and I really dont care.

The event is hell'a fun also.
    Crafting shiny things since 2008 b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Despite fu cked up times, I`m waking up and trying to participate x.x
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I put the "quit" option. Not really quit, because I'm giving it some time and check if some change is coming. But I logged on only 2 times for about 15min ever since the weekend after update. If there's no server change or NW change soon, it will become a long break or real quit.

I'm really pissed that they put in an event with major reward on US time only. We always had "you can make a sin if you want to be OP too", so I wonder if we get a "you can move if you want to be OP too" b:shutup
    Well, I'm in the US and can attend both times. However, since we have two days, I'd rather they moved one of them to a more appropriate time for the EU folk (Probably Friday). I dislike the fact that you guys are alienated from the fun event.

Not only that, it would restrict the amount of tokens us US folk get per week, and would spread the economic impact out more.

I and some others been pointing at the problem of imbalance becoming geographic instead of class related with this update. You're the first NW-participating person I see that would actually give up 1 of his time slots for europeans (and other zones) to participate b:thanks
    Despite fu cked up times, I`m waking up and trying to participate x.x

I'm surprised. Poor dog gonna walk at night now b:chuckle
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Put the supply tokens in gamble b:nosebleedpacks, problem fixed
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I and some others been pointing at the problem of imbalance becoming geographic instead of class related with this update. You're the first NW-participating person I see that would actually give up 1 of his time slots for europeans (and other zones) to participate b:thanks

I actually would support this also, although I must admit my motives to be self serving. The current time slots are not convenient for me as Friday night does get in the way of my social activities and Sunday night interferes with my work schedule (as many others I do have to get up early on Mondays) so a move towards a more neutral time slot on weekends (Sat-Sun) would work wonders for me and, I think, many others on the North American time zone.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah it needs another poll option "I stay up late/wake up early to attend." :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im not a euro player, but i can garentee you that if i was, i would wake up for NW. Its the most fun ive had on this game in sooooo long. definately worth it. and ive already made 200m in it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nigoshi - Raging Tide
    Nigoshi - Raging Tide Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe they should swap the time slots of the Friday night NW with the 2pm Saturday TW?

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes b:bye
    Wait...Wait...There will be large posterior wenches?! -Impatiens

youtube.com/NigoshiPwiRT - Blademaster PvP videos and TW
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I'd be okay with this just because I hate 2pm TWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • krazyeyez87
    krazyeyez87 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    seeing how everytime i make a toon to reach the lvl requiremesnt for such events pwi staff banns me for no reason, so with that being said i do'nt do the big events. i also don't do bh's till like bh 59 and up...don't feel like wasting 100-200k in teles for a decent squad...pwi is getting lame and so i have taken up stamp collecting and self gratification....it's just more fun
  • Ninuska - Lost City
    Ninuska - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sadly, I just have to play without participating in any of the fun events. I rarely could attend TW cause it's at 5am as well, haven't done NW yet.
    And all those people saying "if I were euro player, I'd wake up blah blah", please... that's just flatout bs. If you had to work all week (some people on Saturdays too or just kids and school), I'm pretty sure you wouldn't bother waking up at 5am on the weekend for game event.
    And inbe4 reroll to euro server, no, I won't. Just too bad they were added when almost every european player had a high level char(s).
  • Clergywoman - Raging Tide
    Clergywoman - Raging Tide Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    that is why the nirvana droprate should be increased tenfold. this way people in different timezones like you (and me), or people that cannot attend for whatever reason, or people that are just not geared/skilled/organized enough to get any reward in nw, would still have the possibility to obtain raptures and uncannies at a comparable pace. this would also motivate people to do nirvana again. :P
    gear and genies: mypers.pw/1.8/#145766

pan gu loves cash shoppers as much as he loathes pure farmers. that's why he cursed me with the lowest luck-index possible. my weapon needed 21 recasts for those meh adds, and the r9 ring refine ate over 10k mirages before i capitulated and orbed it from 0 to +11. you won this time pan gu! b:sad
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    And all those people saying "if I were euro player, I'd wake up blah blah", please... that's just flatout bs.

Referring to me there? Dont call bs when you have no clue, i wake up 5:30 am here anyway 6 days a week. waking up 30 minutes earlier one day wouldnt be any different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myisho - Dreamweaver
    Myisho - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    where i live event starts at 1 20 am and ends at 3 20 am at 6 am i have to get up to get kids ready for school and on saturdays i have to get up at 7 am to do a part time job i have so all this well stay up later cant be done by some people if they have kids and a job
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Gotta SAY!

I do however have a reason for this... PWI is INTERNATIONAL! the verson we get the updates from only span 1 or 2 timezones if im correct. I think PWI need to take that into account when they have events such as these.

IM feel really let down by the latest update! I have 2 R9 toons that i could now get to S3, My problem is i dont live in the US and i am unable to get up at 4am because of work.

Further more i wanna QQ about something and i dont do this often now im sure we can get an answer for this..

BUT why did PWI include the info about the Pot assist function in the promotional E-Mail and not get it to work after the patch update...
    Thats bad on many Lvs and False Advertising! Sadly im sure i wont get an answer but hey may be i should PM a GM and ask.

I have stoped playing the game as much as i used to now due to this... Sadly im sure this has been felt by the player base on most servers...

My answer is simple "Your Customers are the ones you listen to.."
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    where i live event starts at 1 20 am and ends at 3 20 am at 6 am i have to get up to get kids ready for school and on saturdays i have to get up at 7 am to do a part time job i have so all this well stay up later cant be done by some people if they have kids and a job

everything depends on dedication, there's no such thing as not possible xD.. or is that addiction.. oh well..
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Aquilez - Sanctuary
    Aquilez - Sanctuary Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'd be okay with this just because I hate 2pm TWs.

not to mention that at some point, some faction will have 3 hours TW at 2 pm and another 3 hours TW at 8 pm, wich sucks imo
  • RexNero - Dreamweaver
    RexNero - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Friday could pass also if not is a good time for EU part of school or work are closed at saturday but sunday is a problem all work or go to school monday.. Sunday 2 pm server sould be nice
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Put the supply tokens in gamble b:nosebleedpacks, problem fixed

This, right here is the future. How did you know!
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i go sleep "early", wake up 30 min before it then go sleep for 2 hours after it again
    and go to work

its ok for me

just time time tw used to be.. and you did tw as well
    i like potato