Making Warsong mold drops a little less luck-based

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Suggestion Box
So... first off, I do like how getting the materials for recasting R9/Nirvana requires some effort to obtain and isn't just outright buyable, but getting the mold for the weapons can get a little frustrating due to the low chance of getting the one you want on top of the time and effort needed to kill Vile: The Incacerate.

So here's my suggestion: every time you kill Vile: The Incacerate, the quest not only awards you a Basic Badge, but also a Weapons Badge. A certain amount of these ''weapon badges'' (maybe along with a certain amount of coins) could be traded for a weapon mold of your choice at the forges.

Since the chance of getting your desired mold is 1 in 31 (there are 21 Nirvana molds and 10 R9 molds) the amount could be 31 Weapon Badges. If you get your weapon mold before those 31 runs; congratulations, you've got above average luck. If not? No problem, you can get the mold with the badges you collected.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The should just remove r9 from warsong/lunar and put them where they should be: Nation war.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What does nation war have to do with R9?

Anyway it's alot worse for armor molds than weapon I think. Atleast someone can use the weapon, for armor it's 3/13 chance to even drop a nirvana piece

I like the idea.
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Anyway it's alot worse for armor molds than weapon I think. Atleast someone can use the weapon, for armor it's 3/13 chance to even drop a nirvana piece

Yeah, I guess the same principle could be applied to armor molds, only by trading Basic Badges for them in this case. I was thinking about Basic Badges being traded for weapon molds at first, but then you could just get your weapon mold without ever finishing Warsong at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nice idea. Especially since the molds aren't tradable anyways and those who really want to buy it will just buy the completed weapon/armor for G16 Nirvana (The R9 stuff basically can't be bought which is a great step, IMO).

I support this one. Maybe make it 40 needed just so that you put in a bit of extra work for what amounts to a guaranteed mold of your choice.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    "a guaranteed ... of your choice."

With blacksmith, tailor and craftsman tradeskills at highest levels, there is absolutely no guarenteed anything while manufacturing level 1 gears... Why in the world would pwe guarentee gear in any way in the end game? b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver
    /Mangetsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So here's my suggestion: every time you kill Vile: The Incacerate, the quest not only awards you a Basic Badge, but also a Weapons Badge. A certain amount of these ''weapon badges'' (maybe along with a certain amount of coins) could be traded for a weapon mold of your choice at the forges.

+1

But to make it more fair it would be that weapon badges are also needed to craft the actual weapon mold and exchange it for the mold if you wish. same thing for basic badges but gear wiseb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    +1

But to make it more fair it would be that weapon badges are also needed to craft the actual weapon mold and exchange it for the mold if you wish. same thing for basic badges but gear wiseb:victory

That would make sense, but I don't think the developers are very fond of changing the way items are obtained. Instead, they rather introduce new ways to obtain them while leaving the old method as it is.
    With blacksmith, tailor and craftsman tradeskills at highest levels, there is absolutely no guarenteed anything while manufacturing level 1 gears... Why in the world would pwe guarentee gear in any way in the end game? b:puzzled

This isn't even worth a serious reply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    With the number of runs you have to do to get enough badges to make all 7 pieces of gear, and the wep, you're almost guaranteed of getting the one you want during one of the runs.

At this point, I've started snagging weapon molds for alts I had no previous intention of playing again.

IMO, endgame gear shouldn't be made easy to acquire. I can see it being frustrating though if you're not able to farm it regularly, or are only going for one specific mold. Maybe make a NPC where you can trade in 4 or 5 of any weapon mold in exchange for a specific one.
    edited November 2012
    With the number of runs you have to do to get enough badges to make all 7 pieces of gear, and the wep, you're almost guaranteed of getting the one you want during one of the runs.

At this point, I've started snagging weapon molds for alts I had no previous intention of playing again.

IMO, endgame gear shouldn't be made easy to acquire. I can see it being frustrating though if you're not able to farm it regularly, or are only going for one specific mold. Maybe make a NPC where you can trade in 4 or 5 of any weapon mold in exchange for a specific one.

There are also people (like me) who just want the weapon. In that case it only takes about 10 full runs to get the badges you need, and every run after that where the mold I need does not drop would feel like a waste of time.

This isn't making things any easier since the average amount of effort is still the same; you are still very likely to drop the mold you need before you have the amount of Weapon Badges needed (and you still need to do full Warsong runs), but you still at least make progress when it doesn't. And it takes away any uncertainty like ''what if I'm really unlucky?''.

I like the idea of the mold trading, though. Perhaps make the weapon molds decompose into 1 weapon badge?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are also people (like me) who just want the weapon. In that case it only takes about 10 full runs to get the badges you need, and every run after that where the mold I need does not drop would feel like a waste of time.

This isn't making things any easier since the average amount of effort is still the same; you are still very likely to drop the mold you need before you have the amount of Weapon Badges needed (and you still need to do full Warsong runs), but you still at least make progress when it doesn't. And it takes away any uncertainty like ''what if I'm really unlucky?''.

I like the idea of the mold trading, though. Perhaps make the weapon molds decompose into 1 weapon badge?

You're going to need more than just the minimum 60 badges, unless you're VERY lucky. Most people I've seen average at least 5 rerolls (some up to 12) to get stats they're happy with. No such thing as a wasted run. Bank badges till you get the mold, then you'll have spares for rerolls.

Have a few faction members who are only going for the weapon too. We have a unofficial list of who needs what, and if something on it drops, we pop one person out of the instance, so they can run in to grab it. Don't see that working if you only run with randoms though.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You're going to need more than just the minimum 60 badges, unless you're VERY lucky. Most people I've seen average at least 5 rerolls (some up to 12) to get stats they're happy with. No such thing as a wasted run. Bank badges till you get the mold, then you'll have spares for rerolls.

Have a few faction members who are only going for the weapon too. We have a unofficial list of who needs what, and if something on it drops, we pop one person out of the instance, so they can run in to grab it. Don't see that working if you only run with randoms though.

You actually discribed the procces of mold selling
    Happends mostly for fists/claws and daggers
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris