Nation War.....can't do a thing

Segreta - Sanctuary
Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
So I've been trying to join ANY fight in the NW and by the time I reach a territory...."instance full" <.< the heck is this I've been looking at the map moving all over and every time "full" "full" "full" I have yet to fight a thing in 30 minutes >.< and this was supposed to be fun ? b:angry

Right now, I can't join ANY fight because maximum number of players as been reached EVERYWHERE >.<
Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
Current # Chickens:
^,^ <- My Cleric <3
o,o <- My Veno
n_n <- My Bm
=,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
>,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
Post edited by Segreta - Sanctuary on

Comments

• KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are too many problems with this thing right now. Part of it seems to be that pwi is unable to handle the all the traffic of people. Which is why there seems to be so many full instances all the time. The map also seems to constantly make inaccurate player counts in the instances that have had fights going on in them.
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I manage to get into a territory for like 4 minutes...didn't a saw a single enemy, then "victory" :O, but then again 10-15 minutes of looking at the map hopping from a territory to another trying to get into ANY battlefield >.<
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are too many problems with this thing right now. Part of it seems to be that pwi is unable to handle the all the traffic of people. Which is why there seems to be so many full instances all the time. The map also seems to constantly make inaccurate player counts in the instances that have had fights going on in them.

cause of so many alts half of the people in the wars arent doing ****
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I noticed the (2 times so far) times I've been in a battle,some players stood at spawn without doing a thing b:angry
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
  • Zoodie - Lost City
    Zoodie - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm having trouble getting into the war spots too. sitting here moving from spot to spot.

I'm also seeing things like wars being full when offense has like 30 people and defense has 5. Can't even go to defend.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I noticed the (2 times so far) times I've been in a battle,some players stood at spawn without doing a thing b:angry

the thing with that is there dumb cause it hurts there overall score as well :/ the less people the more rewards you get. Plus it makes it better when you can fight :/ pwi should take mult away during events
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Myself and a bunch of Frosters got stuck in the base with full territories all around us for 3-4minutes.

Eventually we got through but yeah I got rejected by like 12 fights in a row because by the time I got there it was full.

Not sure what the answer is, maybe increase numbers to 30 max per att/def instead of 20? Or a different mechanic whereby you can go 'fly' over any territory to get to another one. Or maybe you get 'accepted' into a fight by being the first one to click on the terriroty, not have it decided by who actually runs there first. Im not sure.

Another thing. I know this is open to 60+. My veno is 101 and geared for pve really. I was running around attacking, purging, amping, using myriads, pets etc etc and giving bramble to all chars I could find and I ended up with 26 tokens. Now how in the hell is someone 60-80 going to get anything?

I think its time to accept that playing support wont yield you much at all but the flag carriers and dd'ers will get the rewards.

I know one high level sin talking about 500 tokens for his effort.

How did everyone go with squadding before going in. Seems pointless to me now. Most quit the squad before the NW was over but even when we were still squadded the fight entry issues stopped us fighting as a squad anyway. The most I had during any one fight was two other members from the same squad.

Overall I still like this event - wish you get contribution points for being killed - I woulda made 100 tokens
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    During those times its best to just wait out the protection timer for a newly conquered territory, then go to it as soon as the timer hits 0. There is almost always one within reach, and the max wait is 3 minutes. Unless you get REALLY shafted that should be the most amount of time you ever have to wait.

The only prob is sometimes you get stuck doing a serious of incredibly boring 20 vs 0 caps in a row.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well that was fun...standing locked for about 10min and whenever theres a spot, its filled. I'm EU...5am-7am for this every week? No ty, I think I even prefered nirvana...b:sad

That and then getting into the 20vs0 or 20vs4 wars that are the only option...Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Ppl has to go to the bathroom u now... xd
    btw love ur sig <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Towards the end I got locked in the base like other's because I couldn't move anywhere and the fights were full. They should let you move through an area with a fight so you can get to one that isn't full. Oh and I hope we get our grid soon all the announcements of fight's at A-1 B-12 and so on are pretty useless without a grid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    people have replaced farming with this due to the extreme amount of mats you can get from it so it doesn't surprise me... even people in morai gear pop up for it.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I guess its a good thing there is no server v server.
    These maps would be much more crowded.
    I had a really hard time getting into battles and only made half as many tokens as before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had a really hard time getting into battles and only made half as many tokens as before.

Wow what hope the rest of us......b:surrender
  • Aryarie - Sanctuary
    Aryarie - Sanctuary Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I saw you, and you were doing pretty good.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Run to an empty space near a bunch of wars instead of trying to go from base to war. Reason being that often it will send you back to where you started from if it is full, although sometimes you still end up at base anyway.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They need to remove the border-only garbage. Forces can easily infiltrate the next area by using another battle as a distraction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I spent less time out of battles this time than I did the first time I went to NW. Sometimes you just have to take the time to scoot around the map a bit, even waiting a few minutes isn't so bad over all.
    I think the 20vs20 size is perfect, but they could make the map jumps maybe one space wider. At worst it will spread out the defense force thinner, at best it will enable more people to be more regular participants in battles.

My bigger concern is the amount of people dcing after getting in or right before getting in.

It would also be nice for the respawn points to have some kind of longer protection; spawn killing accidentally, or on purpose, would be nice to avoid.

Also it would be really nice if they would make it so you return from NW to the location you spawned into NW, as apposed to everyone spam-returning to n.archo.

Some people complain the participant number is too high, cutting down rewards, but I say that's perfect; it's wonderful to have more people interested in participating in the game.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah I noticed that alot too, they'd port into a battlefield for the credit it gave them
    and then just sit there, it really pissed me off...b:angry

I went in with only a lowly 90's lv sin for (stun support) for the highs and heavies ((And Had a Ball Though)) "May not have been able too have had much of a chance to drop (S2 or S3 characters) by myself, but I sure can stun the Living H&LL outta them, too make sure they can't drop many of my other nation mates (especially the flag bearers) "worked wonders to keep the bearers free to run the flags back too base..."

b:dirtyb:kiss

b:pleased
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another thing. I know this is open to 60+. My veno is 101 and geared for pve really. I was running around attacking, purging, amping, using myriads, pets etc etc and giving bramble to all chars I could find and I ended up with 26 tokens. Now how in the hell is someone 60-80 going to get anything?

The less i've gotten is 32 (which is amazing rewards for my level range) so I think this is very much worth it for lower levels, and one of the best things about NW is precisely that is something inclusive and not just a way for established 100+ to hog all the fun and further the power gap between them and the rest of the population. My best so far was 47 for the first one, which brings me to another point. It really did work out without so many people, while I won't go as far as to claim you would never get locked out of battles or that you wouldn't waste your time traveling in vain, it was alright really. Problem, aside from those losers multiclienting, is demand. To me the better solution would be to have two NW maps and divide those participating in order to handle this adequately.
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Run to an empty space near a bunch of wars instead of trying to go from base to war. Reason being that often it will send you back to where you started from if it is full, although sometimes you still end up at base anyway.

That doesn't work when all the fight's are right outside your base locking you in. They are all full and you are unable to move past them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012

You able to consult the GM's or Devs about this issue and let them know how upsetting it is and how bad it's becoming? 1200-1300 people in NW tonight and a good deal of them were alt's as many people have said afk taking up space in lands.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same, was not able to go anywhere, so eventually 30 min till end I said ef it and just went afk in base, yet again was @ the losing nation, pathetic 57 tokens, should be a rule: 1 account per IP, at least would weed out all the alts ppl travel to wars with and leave them afk @ spawn points.
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This can easily be fixed. If individuals in the wars on the full territories pushed forward, and initiated new wars, it would move traffic outward, allowing reinforcements to take their place in wars already underway.

I have made it a habit to initiate wars, instead of going to already active ones, unless I notice those need extra support. It keeps the pressure on the enemies, and allows for more individuals to move outward, and make room for those stuck at their Nation's base.

I did it last weekend, towards the end, with my Director...and we started winning lands when our Nation was just about to lose. I started it this weekend, and our Nation won, because more lands were being attacked, our enemies reinforcements were being drawn away from other wars. Aggressiveness is key in this particular event, I think. Being on the defensive so much is not a wise option, or else you will get crushed from the pressure.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Waiting in some bordering lands does not help when there's 50 other ppl already waiting, wonder how they decide which 20 gonna stay tho.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    I think as well that once people get the hang of it, some people will start to develop some strategies. I know i've been reminding people to not allow the bases to become blocked whenever it looks like enemies are pushing towards them, although it's not been very effective. Still as the word gets out there, hopefully others will wisen up and realize that nation > personal and sometimes you can increase your own tokens better by not letting your comrades get blocked in. More people circulating=more wars winning=more tokens for you and your nation buddies.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Waiting in some bordering lands does not help when there's 50 other ppl already waiting, wonder how they decide which 20 gonna stay tho.

It's a first come first serve base.

And the best fix for this is to NOT go with the crowd. Instead find yourself an empty land and attack it yourself, the rest will folow
    An aggrasive play seems to award you the most points
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The dreamweaver map was also continually "Unable to enter" and resetting. Combined with the glacial pace of moving from one place to another, this was a huge annoyance.

And then, once in the war - MORE huge annoyances. No way to actually co-ordinate; because it's impossible to actually have the squad of people you know and trust in the same war with you (because of the first problem) horrendous response times on actions; no way to see whether someone is a friend or an enemy before you're too close and dead.

It was pretty; but it was also pretty much impossible to actually play for me. I think I saw a flag twice?

My experience was pretty much: Spawn, try to bring up pet; killed.
    Spawn, move towards flag, there's a guy, click; click, click again - ah, he's on my side, ok... Die (from an archer outside my range, or a sin or...)

So... in the end; not fun for me.
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    You able to consult the GM's or Devs about this issue and let them know how upsetting it is and how bad it's becoming? 1200-1300 people in NW tonight and a good deal of them were alt's as many people have said afk taking up space in lands.

Should make like you get a timer after certain amount of time of inactivity :P
    The only prob is sometimes you get stuck doing a serious of incredibly boring 20 vs 0 caps in a row.

Ikr -_- Then everyone is just a camping at flag spots and it becomes a war for the flag in single nation.
    Yesterday I was in frost and like 80% of battles was this kind. 19 out of 20 people have nothing to do on territory, while the one next to it is over-run with enemies and could sure use help at 3 vs 20.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think shortening the timer after a land is conquered, before it can be attacked again, will help with this. Spent a lot of time twiddling my thumbs in base, waiting on new battles to open up, since the ongoing ones were all full.

Was irritating to be stuck in base for almost half the war.

Oh, and can someone light a fire under the little AOL guy's butt? I'm a wiz, so I'm used to running slow, but really?