Kill natwar AFKers

Options
soundslegit
soundslegit Posts: 472 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
In both of last weeks natwars there were obvious AFKers camped out near the spawn point trying to passively receive points and thus make money at the end. For some reason most were barbs, maybe they think with an hp charm they won't get killed.

This a cynical abuse of the new event. It hurts your side because the AFK toons count to the 20 player limit in each battle. I say any time you catch an AFKer let the other side know so they can take them out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by soundslegit on

Comments

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I would suggest ignoring them. The problem is you do actually get points for getting killed so this actually helps them. Now, by all accounts there were people who apparently did get no contribution so I'm inclined to think doing nothing is the fast way of getting there. Granted just getting on the battlefield may get them some points, and this is clearly an abuse by those multiclienting (likely fighting on another toon) but engaging them appears counterproductive to me.

Edit; Because it now appears me to me that damage dealt appears to be an important factor in determining contribution, and because if killed a number of times a player will be expeled from an instance, I think I must now reverse my former opinion and endorse the OP's view that killing afk'ers is the best way of dealing with them.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Just kill them? I mean, that's what you're supposed to do for points. And they won't get any o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ignore them. It will hurt you and your nation more to lose battles because you're wasting time instead of killing/capping flags. They're only hurting themselves anyway, instead of getting 500 on one char, they only get 200 total combined. Doesn't seem very smart to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    the afkers dont enter the battles anyway. they just get points for being there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have a weakly geared sin friend, she never pvp'd before, she entered all battles for 2 hours but did not really make whole lot of killings, she still did not get anything even tho she was around and trying so not sure if completely afk chars get anything either, tho I agree its stupid to crowd the place up with your alts, did not even consider doing it
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I have a weakly geared sin friend, she never pvp'd before, she entered all battles for 2 hours but did not really make whole lot of killings, she still did not get anything even tho she was around and trying so not sure if completely afk chars get anything either, tho I agree its stupid to crowd the place up with your alts, did not even consider doing it

Ive heard of some glitches where people do not recieve anything even though have participate and did damage to enemy players. No clue what causes it. however, alts who dont even participate still do seem to recieve a portion of supply tokens

How about an afker kick, like many other online games already incorporate to prevent people from dragging down their team? This will cause the people to play their alts slightly though i guess, just enough to not get kicked, unless a system is worked out.
    Maybe like if you dont enter a battle at least every 30 minutes, you get kicked, and after your first battle entered, if you exceed 5 minutes of idle time, your reward will start to drop drastically. Also if there is not a sufficient amount of distance traveled in a non linear path in these battles, they will result in no points and removal from NW instance with no reward. The exception to this being leaving a lost cause battle if a new one is entered, and also no one is kicked in the situation of a nation being dominated and its based being blocked from battles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Could be because sins are an overpopulated class. Therefore your friend would be competing against a whole bunch of other sins for contribution for that class and might miss the mark. However I really don't know. I felt I did pretty poor, a handful of kills and captured one flag, and I still got tokens. It would be nice if PWI outlined what gives contribution, though on the other hand it might get abused if they did.
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I might do this just because at level 70 I don't stand a chance against the higher levels they can one shot me easy. I can just attack and kill all the AFK people, they won't fight back and I'll get more points for damage and killing. Great idea for all us lowbies. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
  • Savor - Lost City
    Savor - Lost City Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    To get points on an alt while moving on your main put them in a war you believe your nation is going to win. They will receive points for the victory even if they did nothing in that war. You are welcome.
    My main was Susamajii The Lost City Barbarian.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ... alts who dont even participate still do seem to recieve a portion of supply tokens

I multicliented on the first run. I ended up focused on one char and left another one afk in the base. It received 0 tokens (as it should) but maybe that was because it was in the base and not in a territory, I dont know.

EDIT - but I agree, maybe a movement timer on each char would do the trick. You dont move for 2mins and you get removed from the competition or something.
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Maybe a movement timer on each char would do the trick. You dont move for 2mins and you get removed from the competition or something.
    This would work, but would also catch out people who go for a drink break/toilet break etc b:laugh

Sitting at a PC for 2 hours straight is a long time without a few minutes break. They should implement such a timer, but only on the battlefield, I think people should be allowed to AFK during the event outside of the battlefield. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    people are blocking others out and arent even playing, plus there having alts in other N and bring them to a war and just spam killing them :/ its not fun when things like this happen im sick of being locked out a war cause there are 5-6 alts in there not even doing anything b:angry
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    +1 I got locked out so much too it sucked.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is going to be a big problem. Just listened to someone else chatting about it in game. Multiclient then get one of your chars to kill the other one.......hardly in the spirit of the event is it.
    edited November 2012
    Options
    This is why pvp based farming never works.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I don't understand why people bother. Surely they would get a better reward if they payed 100% attention to 1 char 100% of the time. Seems like it would take more coordination to work to spam kill an alt more than it would take to actually play the game.
  • RyuTiger - Raging Tide
    RyuTiger - Raging Tide Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The best thing to do is not allow 2 characters from same IP to enter the war or multiclient to be closed during the war.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Its just too bad they didn't add an inactivety timer function to alt characters from the same (ISP address) aswell as a similar function ~ for no movement statue player characters who show but don't even move on the battlefields.....b:surrender

Because I'd find it more then fair & be more then happy, if we could target are own supposed {nation mates} who show up and then do nothing to help with the fight, kill them off through their limited rez numbers and get them the H&ll off the fields so actual active players can come join in the fights....b:surrenderb:surrender

The wanna-be statues are seriously limiting the access too the fights, that others are truly trying to join.....b:thanks
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The best thing to do is not allow 2 characters from same IP to enter the war or multiclient to be closed during the war.

I am sure that dorks that bother to bring bunch of their own toons into a NW and even co-ordinate them to spam kill each other (if thats true) will go as much to even use proxy servers to enter, kinda sad really lol
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Pretty sure you get auto banned for using a proxy.

But wouldn't that also block multiple people playing over the same router...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Not matter what they do, people will find ways around it.

online games changed the moment 3rd party utilities and macros became common place among gamers.

how hard do u think it would be for those running alts, to set up a macro ?

ever see DQ point bot farmers ??

spawn point kill them. 5 deaths and they are out of the battle.

with every side having them, that in a sense, balances it out. Something we have to live with it, cause there are no GM's to police the game.
  • Harpy_killer - Sanctuary
    Harpy_killer - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    what about afk timer like 1min or something
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    what about afk timer like 1min or something

Ever had an urgent phone call or need for bathroom...? And that's just the options given you're alone in your place. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Couldn't we have GMs just go through logs for the event? I mean this is clear as water keeping others from enjoying the game and a round of bans on these *bunnyloving* little *ice creams* could work as an effective deterrent. Just get all people multiclienting that have got kills against themselves. I do realize the practical difficulties in policing this event but just an official statement that this is bannable behaviour would go a long way, even if some of us may be forced to take some of what little actual playtime we get to send in tickets.

And if any of you *smart kittens* abusing the system are reading this, *hug* you. b:angry
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Couldn't we have GMs just go through logs for the event? I mean this is clear as water keeping others from enjoying the game and a round of bans on these *bunnyloving* little *ice creams* could work as an effective deterrent. Just get all people multiclienting that have got kills against themselves. I do realize the practical difficulties in policing this event but just an official statement that this is bannable behaviour would go a long way, even if some of us may be forced to take some of what little actual playtime we get to send in tickets.

And if any of you *smart kittens* abusing the system are reading this, *hug* you. b:angry

After the Gooning fiasco, the rampant botting for dq pts. Do you really think this will have an effect ? If there were an obvious GM present on the servers, we'd see a change. Otherwise, it won't happen.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think given alittle time, people will stop bringing alts. Depending on exactly how tokens are handed out, since it is not exactly clear....all they need to do and may have already done is raise the amount of contribution to the point that an afk alt gets 0 tokens. I had been bringing one alt that I would actively play for 30 mins of the time and this time my alt got 0 tokens despite having a decent amount of contri, however was in the losing nation so maybe that had effect as las time was in the second nation.

More importantly is to address the amount per battle and the fact that the map is not fair. Each nation has a different amount of attackable spots right of the start. Also every single time I have been in the same nation, and my alt, and my wife, all in seperate squads and so it must not be that random,
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Best solution is to give all players a timer. You have to talk to any npc in the battlefield to renew it. It would have to be renewed every 20-25 minutes. The npcs are there, why not make use of them? Also, each renew will require 100 points, just to kill off the minimal contribution alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    That's your problem, we use alts whenever we want to, I don't care how mad you get.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    mm2000 wrote: »
    That's your problem, we use alts whenever we want to, I don't care how mad you get.

The troll moved in this thread omg b:shocked
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The troll moved in this thread omg b:shocked

Troll is overused by stupid people, enough with the term.

I do the same thing with bringing my alts to kill and annoy others in there too, is that a problem?