Patcher not working properly

Zanir - Lothranis
Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Support Desk
Hello,

Tried logging in today and got an error when trying to start it up. Something about Patcher.dll not found, reinstalling might fix this.

I was still able to log in by opening the client directly but this isn't a good solution since when there finally is an actual update i'll be out of luck, any ideas?

Actual error reads as follows:

This application has failed to start because PACKDLL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

*EDIT*

Just now got d/c'd and had to force log in. At character select screen everything was blank and it gave no options on selecting a character, making or deleting.
Post edited by Zanir - Lothranis on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If you can run the Patcher then use Verify option from the patcher and let it verify the game-client it will fix and get missing files but you may need to do it twice or thrice.
    Be Patient Verifying may take sometime depending on your system.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Stormfather - Archosaur
    Stormfather - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    according to your helpful advice the fix to the problem is to run the thing that is broken? Is there a place where we can just get that file DL?
  • VenusRed - Heavens Tear
    VenusRed - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I am having the same problem, IE the patcherDLL file missing. Tried to re-install and nothing, all i get is a note pad page come up.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If your PACKDLL.dll is missing, be sure to check and make sure any virus protection programs you have are not holding it for quarantine. If this is the case, restoring the file can sometimes fix the problem.

I'm currently looking for any safely uploaded versions of packdll.dll (VenusRed are you sure you're not missing packdll.dll, not patcherdll.dll? I can't find any instances of the second one.) If I can't find a safely uploaded version, I'll dig around in my own files and see if I can upload one for you.

I find it odd that this problem just started cropping up today, since there wasn't any sort of update launched this week. =\
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • VenusRed - Heavens Tear
    VenusRed - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If your PACKDLL.dll is missing, be sure to check and make sure any virus protection programs you have are not holding it for quarantine. If this is the case, restoring the file can sometimes fix the problem.

I'm currently looking for any safely uploaded versions of packdll.dll (VenusRed are you sure you're not missing packdll.dll, not patcherdll.dll? I can't find any instances of the second one.) If I can't find a safely uploaded version, I'll dig around in my own files and see if I can upload one for you.

I find it odd that this problem just started cropping up today, since there wasn't any sort of update launched this week. =\
    I uninstalled game, turned off anti virus completely and re-installed game. Now all i get is AutoRun-Notepad with [autorun]
    open=Install.exe
    icon=icon.ico
    then nothing happens??????
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    @VenusRed This is a common problem, that notepad is actually the code that tells your computer to start the installer. It's been broken for a while.

All you have to do is find where you downloaded the installer to, and usually you'll see two versions of install.exe in there. One of them should start the auto run notepad and can be ignored, and the other should be the correct one and should continue the install. =D (it's been years since I've installed the game, so my recollection is fuzzy)

NOTE: If you are using vista/Win7 right click the install.exe and choose run as administrator.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    For Those who are missing PACKDLL.dll here's the link http://www.filefactory.com/file/1zlfptvr6co5/packdll.dll to download the file, after downloading it go to C:\Games\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International\patcher (Note:This is the default location on your computer that the game installs to. It may be different if you changed it during installation.)Simply paste the packdll.dll there and then try to run the game.
    Hope it helps and works for ya all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Stormfather - Archosaur
    Stormfather - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    @VenusRed This is a common problem, that notepad is actually the code that tells your computer to start the installer. It's been broken for a while.

new dl after 9 months off here- i was able to login once, and then same as others- kinda bummed out
  • Barbadose - Heavens Tear
    Barbadose - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No need to worry about finding PACKEDLL.dill. I re-intalled many times without a fix. I then found out a way around it.

Locate and open your perfect world entertainment folder. Open your element folder. Double click on elementclient.exe the game should start.

It is not the same as and will not fix the launcher, so you will have to keep going back to this folder to run the game.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    I'm wondering if you all are using Vista or Win7. If you're not already, make sure you're running the game as administrator.

@Barbadose, You should look at Sizzer's post above yours if you're having issues with a missing .dll
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• BriarIce - Raging Tide
    BriarIce - Raging Tide Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'm wondering if you all are using Vista or Win7. If you're not already, make sure you're running the game as administrator.

@Barbadose, You should look at Sizzer's post above yours if you're having issues with a missing .dll

I have the same issue and when I click on Sizzer's post it looks like I have to pay for the download. Do I have to pay for it or is there a free version out there somewhere?
    "Karma is a cruel mistress" - Kelley York, Hushed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Silvychar, for the gorgeous sig! b:kiss
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    No need to worry about finding PACKEDLL.dill. I re-intalled many times without a fix. I then found out a way around it.

Locate and open your perfect world entertainment folder. Open your element folder. Double click on elementclient.exe the game should start.

It is not the same as and will not fix the launcher, so you will have to keep going back to this folder to run the game.

Tried this...gives me the same error message 'patchdll.dll missing'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BriarIce - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012

Tried it this way again and it works now. Thank you Barbadose :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yullaire - Sanctuary
    Yullaire - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    TROJ_GEN.R47Z4KN
    HOWE do I get rid of this!!!!!!
    Threat: TROJ_GEN.R47Z4KN
    Source: Threat
    Affected Files: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfec…\PackDLL.dll
    Response: Detected
    Detected By: Real Time Scan
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited November 2012
    I have answered it in ur thread @ Yullaire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]