R8 Recast Materials: should they become tradeable?

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Supply Tokens have pretty much made Faction Trials obsolete, yet Trials are still the only method of obtaining Hapatizon Whetstones, Damascene Ores, Oricalcum ores and Platinum Ores in their tradeable form.

There are probably a few factions still occasionally doing it just for fun, but I wonder if they'll even have enough attending members because of this and if it has any chance of generating a reliable supply.

What does this mean? Almost everyone who wants to recast their R8 gear will be forced to participate in NW to do so. Not even just a few times, you need to do it for every reroll as well.

Personally I don't really think it's fair for those who are unable to attend NW or simply don't want to (and I'm not speaking for myself here, I already have R8R and am able to attend NW on top of that), so should these materials perhaps become tradeable?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There are several points to the nine trials other than the matts.

1, a significant amount of rep is gained

2, a significant amount of faction contribution is made an you need alot of it to eventually get the awesome helm that the faction base can supply that can be upgraded by nation wars.

3,while you can get the matts with tokens, the matts you can get by playing are still worhtwhile as they save you from using tokens there rather than on raps/uncannies.

Also in faction who frequently run it, the lower geared people will get nirvy final cast and so it will become easier as the faction gets better gear.

Also it is "fun"

All in all the only way the nie trials completely die is if your faction as a whole has a negative attitude.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Northern had some good points.
    Overall, I think it will kill trials in smaller factions but bigger ones or factions that focused on trials a lot might keep running them.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    There are several points to the nine trials other than the matts.

1, a significant amount of rep is gained

The 300-500 rep per trial isn't really what I'd call significant, that's 300k worth of rep badges per act, each of which can take an hour or more.
    2, a significant amount of faction contribution is made an you need alot of it to eventually get the awesome helm that the faction base can supply that can be upgraded by nation wars.

I can imagine this being a reason, but it will depend on the amount of people actually willing to go after the helm. It is not that good of a helm compared to the more convenient alternatives, especially considering its ~700mil price tag.
    3,while you can get the matts with tokens, the matts you can get by playing are still worhtwhile as they save you from using tokens there rather than on raps/uncannies.

Tokens which are almost certain to drop in value tremendously once more and more Nation Wars come along and most people are sitting in their desired equipment.
    Also in faction who frequently run it, the lower geared people will get nirvy final cast and so it will become easier as the faction gets better gear.

Also it is "fun"

The fun factor is the only reason I can see certain factions still doing it, but they probably won't be able to complete it due to member attendance, because...
    All in all the only way the nie trials completely die is if your faction as a whole has a negative attitude.

Is exactly what is the case already. There were already very few factions that could cough up the manpower to get to the later trials, even when it was still profitable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would like to see Warsoul, all Rank materials as well as Tomes and uncannies/raptures be bound to your account when traded in for NW Tokens.

Would be the smartest move, imo, and prevent any market/instance from being killed. I am concerned, as a medium sized faction, that participation in Trials will be reduced to nothing. The materials we have currently in faction bank may have to be dispersed or sold now, instead of being retained for DKP use.
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    I would like to see Warsoul, all Rank materials as well as Tomes and uncannies/raptures be bound to your account when traded in for NW Tokens.

Would be the smartest move, imo, and prevent any market/instance from being killed.

I don't see Nation Wars offering extreme advantages to only those who can attend it as a good thing, either.

Despite that, it would still heavily affect the markets due to NW taking a way a lot of the demand on materials from the players that attend it. Would you still go out and buy raptures for 1.6m a piece when you could get up to 200 a week without much effort?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Northern had some good points.
    Overall, I think it will kill trials in smaller factions but bigger ones or factions that focused on trials a lot might keep running them.

Don't see the point of trials any longer. Waste of time and coins honestly. Only if you enjoy them you will keep running it anymore, or if you intend to keep spamming rap trade with NW then you will keep using trials as your R8 reforge mats source.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Depending on how much your faction does them, Trials are still some of the only in-game sources of Ancient Emblems and Medals of Glory.

Since everyone says coin is harder to farm now, helping farm your factionmates r9 anyone?

Edit: And besides, yeah, Trials is mainly a fun instance that you can do as a faction, one of the few honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Would be the smartest move, imo, and prevent any market/instance from being killed. I am concerned, as a medium sized faction, that participation in Trials will be reduced to nothing. The materials we have currently in faction bank may have to be dispersed or sold now, instead of being retained for DKP use.

stop QQing that nirvana is dead.

the shield and adamantines from trials are still cheaper that making them with NvN tokens, and the metals havent changed that much, really, memorial coins are the only thing to be significantly affected by NvN, and they were kind of a booby prize in trials anyway. and character-binding the metals doesnt seem like that bad an idea. I'd rather not have to nvn on my sin to get what i want for it, but im ok with doing it for one day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't see Nation Wars offering extreme advantages to only those who can attend it as a good thing, either.

Despite that, it would still heavily affect the markets due to NW taking a way a lot of the demand on materials from the players that attend it. Would you still go out and buy raptures for 1.6m a piece when you could get up to 200 a week without much effort?

My R8 archer only got about 70 raptures this past Sunday's Nation Wars. Mind you, the weapons I am hoping to cast and recast on my BM will take me months to do. So to answer your question: yes, I will buy raptures outside of Nation Wars. And yes, I will still farm Nirvana.
    stop QQing that nirvana is dead.

the shield and adamantines from trials are still cheaper that making them with NvN tokens, and the metals havent changed that much, really, memorial coins are the only thing to be significantly affected by NvN, and they were kind of a booby prize in trials anyway. and character-binding the metals doesnt seem like that bad an idea. I'd rather not have to nvn on my sin to get what i want for it, but im ok with doing it for one day.

Where was I QQing that nirvana is dead? If you read on any of my other posts regarding NW, I am a huge supporter of it, and I have explained in the past that Nirvy is not a useless instance anymore completely *yet*.

Hence why I am a supporter of making the rewards bound by account. It will help alleviate some of the market flow by restricting people from selling/trading the Nirvana mats, and help the higher levels who still wish to farm Nirvana for profit.

I do agree with the rest of your statement, in regards to R8 mats. Keep in mind, guys and gals, that lower levels and less-geared individuals will receive less NW tokens weekly, and therefore, will still need to find supplemental ways to find R8 and Nirvy materials.

All hope is not lost b:pleased
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Depending on how much your faction does them, Trials are still some of the only in-game sources of Ancient Emblems and Medals of Glory.

Since everyone says coin is harder to farm now, helping farm your factionmates r9 anyone?

Edit: And besides, yeah, Trials is mainly a fun instance that you can do as a faction, one of the few honestly.

Emblems and MoG from trials? WTH are you talking about?
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Emblems and MoG from trials? WTH are you talking about?

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/27110

3rd round of trials rewards pack
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/27110

3rd round of trials rewards pack

Damn
    I wonder if anyone ever gotten to the 3th round yet b:chuckle
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Progress in Trials is highly dependent on participation. The difference between 15 people there and 30 people is absolutely phenomenal, much less the 100 the instance can actually hold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Put those ancient emblems and medals of glory in the 1st round reward also b:avoid
    Will encourage trials a bit.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They should make all R8r tradable. I have a lot of mats bound on a char I don't ''use''.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Put those ancient emblems and medals of glory in the 1st round reward also b:avoid
    Will encourage trials a bit.

I second this motion. Anyone opposed to this motion, speak now, of for ever hold your peace b:chuckle.

I would still do trials for one simple reason. I can r8r the first time at 0 cost. If i use my NW tokens to get my first r8r pieces, that is a bucket load of coins. If i am reshaping, it doesn't take many. Trials can be used to equip your alts for cheap. Once they are equipped well enough, take them in NW and NOT your MAIN. So you can farm the tokens quickly to get the stats you want. The better gear people get, they will get bored with pve content. Might as well challenge the 3rd trial set with your R9 3rd cast and see if it is really OP.
    edited November 2012
    Trials can be used to equip your alts for cheap.

Mats people get by trials are bound. I didn't done trials since the update, but I'm sure they are still bound, so a main cannot farm R8r for a alt with trials.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Mats people get by trials are bound. I didn't done trials since the update, but I'm sure they are still bound, so a main cannot farm R8r for a alt with trials.

Since new expansion rewards contain tradable ore packs b:cute
    edited November 2012
    Since new expansion rewards contain tradable ore packs b:cute

*Sigh* Why they didn't change the existant mats for tradable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012

I would suspect the "rarer mats are bound". Coins, shields, whetstones will not be bound. That is where the major cost lies in acquiring the r8r. A main can farm those. Use NW tokens to get the minor expensive mats.
    edited November 2012
    I would suspect the "rarer mats are bound". Coins, shields, whetstones will not be bound. That is where the major cost lies in acquiring the r8r. A main can farm those. Use NW tokens to get the minor expensive mats.

You will be surprise to see how my main get ''lucky'' and get all big bound mats, I wish I was getting the low mats, but was getting all the big bound ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sarsy - Dreamweaver
    Sarsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Personal Trial rewards have returned to give ore packs instead of the ore directly as they used to be.

So the ores are the same, but you receive the packs that contain the ore instead of the ore now.
    edited November 2012
    Personal Trial rewards have returned to give ore packs instead of the ore directly as they used to be.

So the ores are the same, but you receive the packs that contain the ore instead of the ore now.

Oh ok thx for the precision. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]