Seeker build thoughts

Options
Pantherlilie - Archosaur
Pantherlilie - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Seeker
I have a seeker i plan to start leveling him soon. So far his build is a high dex build for crits and evasion. He is only lvl 24 right now so I have to fix stat balance but for the most part I put his stats 6 dex, 3 str, 1 vit per two levels. i kept up with in the calculator up to 85 and this is the stats. the gear is a rough estimate on what i would use on him.

http://pwcalc.com/896cde6cbaa625af

anyone opinions on how he would be in pvp,pve, and in dungeons?
Post edited by Pantherlilie - Archosaur on

Comments

• Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dont like dex base because if you go r9, with min dex youll have 25% crit rate which is more then enough.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    dex base seeker need great gear to keep them alive... they cant pull as well as str or vit base seekers... yes they can kill stuff fast thanks to that high crit but doesnt help if there is no barb in squad and its up to you to pull mobs... your pretty much a glass cannon. (unless high refines and good shards)

Im actually working mine... for lvl 100 im planning on 80 vit, 275 str, 155 dex, 5 mag (the dex is at min requirement for R9 gear) but im thinking with gear bonus i may not need to go as high on dex and maybe i should go 150 and put the rest in str... 80 vit will give me over 8k hp unbuff with a min of 3 sockets and immacs on gear... maybe a refine of +5. Its not a great build but should be able to stay alive in delta and do full pulls in fc... until im able to refine higher than possibly restat vit.

here is what im shooting for...

http://pwcalc.com/8dba400c628e2297
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    as a seeker your job is resist... if you cant stay alive... then your not good for the squad... there is way better gear out there to help stay alive and resist more... but the ones i posted are easy to get... specially those non cashop players.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah i have to agree that dex build might turn out difficult. (but its not bad if you like it!) Its one of those builds that work better or for worse depending on your budget =/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide
    _Ernesto_ - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well, i dont like pure dex build b:surrender but what im aiming to lvl 95 is something like this http://pwcalc.com/660087bc97012a62 im already pure str and justr need to work in the refines b:chuckle but, believe me, dex build isnt great in combination with the r9 i go with 160 in dex just because 5 points isnt that much in dmg terms, and its great to have a 1% extra in crit ur build maybe can work on pvp, but in higher lvl instances is a pain
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well, i dont like pure dex build b:surrender but what im aiming to lvl 95 is something like this http://pwcalc.com/660087bc97012a62 im already pure str and justr need to work in the refines b:chuckle but, believe me, dex build isnt great in combination with the r9 i go with 160 in dex just because 5 points isnt that much in dmg terms, and its great to have a 1% extra in crit ur build maybe can work on pvp, but in higher lvl instances is a pain
    R9 dex is fine if you have the right combo of gear and shards. Just alot of pple have a hard time imagining the combo of good and bad traits = results. o.o

its like they think(A)1+1=2, while there are things like (B)-3.4+5.4=2, but since 1>-3.4, they automatically thing (B) is worse off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • apalllday
    apalllday Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    MY build as seker is 160 dex 80 vit and rest str. I have good crit (27%). 14k hp and 13k dmg. I am full r9 with g15 cape/helm. my gear is all +10 cept 2 +8's atm and sword is +12. I have awsome dmg and def. All my gear is sharred with sapphire gems lvl9 (untill i get jades). This really brings up the magic def so you dont get killed by magic classes. I dont know if this is the best build or not but it works great for me.b:laugh