R8 - R8 recast

Options
Vespin - Harshlands
Vespin - Harshlands Posts: 56 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Cleric
I was just wondering if anyone thinks the same thing as me because I personaly hate the look of the R8 weapon Wheel of Light but I absolutely love the R8 recast Light of Exellence: Eon.b:dirty but I do not really have the time to do so many runs and R9 is totally out of the picture.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thx for the sig silvy =D
Post edited by Vespin - Harshlands on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think it's the general consensus that r8 is rather...ugly. But r8r everything is quite awesome. The armor, because it's retextured OHT gear which looks awesome, and the r8r weapons are just amazing looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You can now get the R8r mats by the tokens reward from the Nations war, go check in the forge in North. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok well I have been browsing other posts and I have seen some Morai Cleric compared to R8 Clerics.R8 Clerics have more magic attack like 1000 more but Morai have more defenses but i do not know what is better fro a cleric??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Morai gear is useless if you actually intend on PVPing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Oh and yea if you plan to do NW don't go for Morai gears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah, Morai is GREAT against monsters, not so good against other players. r8r is good against both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok thank you but why is the Morai so bad for PVP because I went on the calculator and Morai had more health and more defenses??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok thank you but why is the Morai so bad for PVP because I went on the calculator and Morai had more health and more defenses??

The base attack/defences of morai gear is low
    It's amped by slaying/warding levels, but those only effect PvE damage, not PvP

On the original question: You can get R8R mats quite easely through Nation Wars
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's because warding levels do not effect pvp damage you take, just like slaying levels don't effect your own attack damage against players. Obviously, the morai armor is still very good, and it refines very well.

And doesn't r8r give you helpful set bonuses based on how many pieces you have? Like extra hp? (never gotten a char that high yet)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's because warding levels do not effect pvp damage you take, just like slaying levels don't effect your own attack damage against players. Obviously, the morai armor is still very good, and it refines very well.

And doesn't r8r give you helpful set bonuses based on how many pieces you have? Like extra hp? (never gotten a char that high yet)

Yes, R8r set bonuses are:
    Items equipped Bonus
    2 Max HP +1200
    3 Def. Level +8
    4 Atk. Level +15

While Morai are:
    Items equipped Bonus
    3 Demonwarding Level +5
    5 Slaying Level +5

So R8r wins there. It also leaves the helm open to grab something with -channeling or a higher hp refine rate.

My two cents: R8r, r9r, and r9t3 have all become easier to farm. As a result less people are going for Nirvana gear. Right now there is small rush on Vana gear because its cheaper, but that will prolly die out soon as people decide R8r or r9t3 is better. This means Lunar, TT, and Nirvana as farming instances will lose value. Right now the best "farming" instance is NW. Alot of us focused on farming PvP gear using PvE, but PWI switched it on us and now PvP is more effective farming than PvE. So I'm ditching some of my vana gear and Morai gear for more PvP oriented gear for more effective farming.

Also, NW really hurt Base Trials. I'm in a TW faction, suddenly half my faction decided the game isn't worth playing unless its TW or NW, so basically 160/168 hours of the week they no longer plan on being around. This means its harder to farm Trials for many faction and not as effective since Trial mats are also available from NW supply tokens. R8r has become cheap too because of NW.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    r8r armor is dumb unless you're specifically shooting for interval. Nirv 3rd recast is better on a cleric.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No R8R armour is not dumb for cleric.
    2 pieces of R8R = 1200hp bonus.
    I'd rather have +1200 hp than +15 def and +20 att level, as a cleric.
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

+15 def lvl make a world of difference. I'd take that over 1200 HP anyday (assuming 7k+ HP unbuffed). If you have less than 7k HP maybe getting the 1200 hp would be better.

Can some math person do the calc on where does it become better to have 15 def lvls than 1200 HP, please?
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options

Having a constant set of HP and def % add-ons on the Nirvana as well as the 15 def levels for five pieces more than makes up for 1.2k HP.

Also, like...if you average out at 100 HP add per piece (assuming your five pieces are hat/top/pants/boots/wrists), there's 500 HP. Add on another 500 HP from set bonus of two pieces and there's 1000 HP. Now, the top and pants ALSO have vit adds so say you get 10 vit on both. Ta-da. 1200 HP. And then you'll also have the 15 def levels, a ton of magic, and the pdef/mdef % adds. Lets also not forget that the Nirvana 3rd cast also refines better than the r8r armor.

There's absolutely no reason to get r8r armor unless you're a BM/barb/sin looking for int.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Prophete - Dreamweaver
    Prophete - Dreamweaver Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm not talking about a full R8R set, but in the case of a mix between r8r and G16.

Now if you get 2 pieces of R8R, you get +1200 hp AND you can get nice stats on the pieces too (now with NW, recasting is cheap). Moreover, you get 4 sockets, which is something really great.

Let's say I'm going full G16, except for the boots and wrist R8R.
    What I loose on average from not going full G16:
    15 Def level
    20 ATT level
    230 HP (average)
    Reduc phys damage 1%-2%
    Phys def +7%
    Ele def +7%
    Some mag, dex and -chan

As a Cleric, only the adds in Bold are valuable: as an arcane class, you shouldn't care about more mag def, and att level are not really the core of the cleric class.

Now if I had those 2 pieces of G16 refined up to +10, I will have +90 HP compared to R8R (wrists + boots only), +15 phys def and +125 elem def.

To sum up, I want to trade at +10 1200 HP versus:
    15 def level
    310 HP
    reduc phys damage +1%/+2%
    phys def +7%
    phys def +15

Or => is 15 def, reduc phys damage, phys def%, phys def better than +890 HP at +10.

However, I am not taking into account the adds you can get on R8R pieces, including HP, vitality, phys res, reduc phys damages, nor the 4 sockets you have on each pieces.

The main question, is to know what will be the effect of +15 def level on your overall def.
    Therefore I don't think it's that obvious not to consider getting 2 pieces of R8R and the rest G16.
    Hey, if those 15 def really make a difference, I'll even consider getting one more piece of R8R to get +8 def level.
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ok well.I only want the weapon because i love the armor for R8b:dirty.it is amazing but like I said before the weapon sucksb:angry so i want to recast
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    and also i want channeling and vitality on my weapon so.....but will i lose the set bonuses??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    and also i want channeling and vitality on my weapon so.....but will i lose the set bonuses??

Channeling isn't a big deal, you dont even feel the difference if you dont get it. Like me i thought i was going to have slow channeling cause i didnt get channeling on my recast weapon. I dont even use 2 magic rings. I use 1 pdef ring and one magic ring which means im already at a loss of 12% channeling. However i don't feel the difference, channeling won't save you from dying.

I got **** stats my first try, but my second try i got:
    16 defense levels
    2 attack levels
    Reduce physical damage by 3%
    16 Vitality

Would you recast that for channeling? Definitely not. Defense levels and purify are the best stats on the weapon for survival, however purify is useless if you cant tank a few hits.
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What is I had 1 PVP set(armour etc.) and 1 PVE set??b:pleased

But where can I get this weapon: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33533
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
    edited November 2012
    Options
    What is I had 1 PVP set(armour etc.) and 1 PVE set??b:pleased

But where can I get this weapon: http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/33533

It's the Morai weapon, you can probably get by one of the order by doing the quests to get 5k prestige, just check on the 3 orders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vespin - Harshlands
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The weapon I know is the Morai sword I was just wondering how I could get itb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The weapon I know is the Morai sword I was just wondering how I could get itb:victory

You need 5k prestige in Shroud to acquire it as well as 16.8m (can't remember if that is the number or not).
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Vespin - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok so I have though a lot about this and talked with some friends in my guild adm I have came up with a solution of going Full Nirvana gear with a R8 recast weapon and with that it will be easier to survive longer in NW (If I can get Nirvana gear easily with a bit of help) but I wound rather have def levels than HP cause it reduces damage coming in.

This is the gear with Garnets: http://pwcalc.com/e2c873b91ffc5d70

This it the gear with Jades: http://pwcalc.com/53d58c5a65511bee

This is just my thoughts,I was also thinking of using the Nirvana Glaive?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    You might as well go R9 with those shards lol

oh god savants in weapon and JADES IN G15 ARE YOU MADE OUT OF SOLID PLATINUM
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sudqi - Sanctuary
    Sudqi - Sanctuary Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Options
    why u dont go for G16 gear? i think now after NW its easier get rap/canny for vana one just u need some runs in WS at 2x event and uwill get it :) G16 beauty and effect well ..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*signature made by Xiaimine b:victory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    With the amount of money you'd spend on the jades and +12 weapon for that set, you could have a full set of +10 r9rr armor that would automatically be better than that and probably have money left over.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

edited February 2013
    Options
    Yea don't waste Jades in Nirvy gears, use that for get R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Vespin - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok What is the differences between G15 and G16???

Ok but how much does R9 actually cost cause I'm thinking about it buying with out of game cash it seems ridiculous how much it would cost but.....How much will it cost in gameb:surrender

I know Eoria will know this!how much will getting R8r cost in game???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I'm going to go by HL prices.

~55m-60m per DoD will be about ~165m-180m per JoSD. This will end up being nearly 4bil coin just for those jades. Lets also note that you're highly unlikely to get all of the pieces 4soc unless you use socket stones or chienkun the sockets from the base Lunar or TT gear. So there's quite a bit extra cost right there. It'd probably be cheaper to recast it to g16 Nirvana and do rerolls until you get 4soc unless you're really unlucky.

I'm not sure how much +11 orbs are atm while I see people selling +12 orbs for around 300m.

As for r9 costs...I'll go by the constant normal sale price. Gold's sitting at about 1.65m atm.

300k rep for 108 gold is ~180m.
    19 medals for 400 gold (assuming you sell off the extra) is ~630m.
    205 GSTs for 1025 gold is ~1.7b.

So basically 2.5bil for the entire set. Cost is obviously decreased if you're smart and buy on a sale instead.

As for the Summerwinds...37k cannies and 185k raps ends up about 900m for all of them.

Already you should see how it'd just be better to go r9rr. There's quite a bit of HP+pdef+mdef boost plus the addition of purify proc to counter the loss of def levels from that jaded g15 Nirv build. http://pwcalc.com/fa5b5992228d4668
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Vespin - Harshlands
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Ok but u are R8 why???

What is the difference between between this: http://pwcalc.com/5e348bfabf781f99

And this: http://pwcalc.com/e2c873b91ffc5d70
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thx for the sig silvy =D