Updating to Siren

Options
snazzyfosho
snazzyfosho Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2012 in Support Desk
I'm probably being stupid, but I just really would appreciate some help.

I've been trying to update my perfect world, but whenever the patcher goes to update the files it tells me to select another update server, then gets stuck on "please wait...". I've tried that. No change. I've downloaded the manual patch (at least, I think it's the right thing. Can't find an official link anywhere) but when I try that it says "update listed files error."
I would've posted in http://techsupport.perfectworld.com but I can't post a new thread there, nor can I find an old thread addressing my issue.

I'm most likely doin' it wrong, so I'd really like a push in the right direction of how to get this fixed. b:shocked
Post edited by snazzyfosho on

Comments

• Daggerlor - Harshlands
    Daggerlor - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've re installed the game countless of times now, and mine still says the same to mate. Someone please help us lol
  • enana1986
    enana1986 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:sadb:sad
    damn me 2 !!
    the same happened to me and i updated the game for the 3rd time already
    b:angry
    but can i play the game without updating to siren ??
    ppl help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzb:cry
  • Enwinka - Lothranis
    Enwinka - Lothranis Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:angry

after i installed new path of siren my pwi works very slow, and when my character flying or running all effects, tabs, mini map n everything else dissappearing and appearing, everything just flashing its so bad...oh my.....i can't see water, all fishs just flying in the air, i can't use skills cuz of flashing, even log in game i only can ussing keyboard...guess why! yes becouse of tabs n effects flashing! thanks for the stupid updates pwi! i realy hate you. i feel sorry for my money...... GIVE ME MONEY BACK ASSSHOLES!!!!! b:angry
  • djslushe
    djslushe Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    So I have had hella issues with this sirens of war patch - I have reinstalled over 17 times now (real talk, its been terrible).
    However, I believe I may have found an answer.

I was using Google Chrome as my default web browser. I tried downloading the manual patch on firefox and I have not run into a problem yet. I'm already at 59% on a download that I could not get past 6% on since the patch came out. Give it a try if you are using chrome. I hope it helps.
  • Daggerlor - Harshlands
    Daggerlor - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well I finally got on, just be patient keep restart your computer a few times it will work mine has ****** finally.
  • kemetician
    kemetician Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    How many gigabytes is this siren expansion I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to know all u computer savvy pw'ers plz get back to me
  • CHAOSxMOON - Heavens Tear
    CHAOSxMOON - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    im having the same problem. and sometimes it just says update was interupted restart or continue...ive tried both the options and nothing happens. my version is 666 havent been able to update in awhile. i just want it to work smooth for once so i can play!!!
  • muffinz21
    muffinz21 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I can't update either, I tried to patch and it says the files are corrupted. I reinstalled the game and it only downloaded the Descent expansion, I find that pretty strange since it should've downloaded the Sirens of War expansion. We all need answers for this problem. I haven't been on in like 2 weeks, this is getting extremely aggervating for all of us. I tried to update after maintenance tonight and it didn't work either. PW needs to fix this..
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ok, torrenting for dummies.....

1. Download and install torrent software. (I recommend utorrent.)
    2. Once the download is finished, go to the directory your completed downloads are in and you will see a file named "PWI_v676_Installer.rar".
    This is a compressed file. you will need something to unpack it. (I use ALZip)
    If you right-click on the file, there should be an option to "Extract to 'PWI_v621_Installer\'". Click that and it will unpack the file into a directory with the same name as the file.
    3. Temporarily disable the active scan for your antivirus software.
    4. Once the file is done unpacking, navigate to that folder. (Hint: It should be "Downloads\PWI_v676_Installer".
    5. In this folder there is a file called "install.exe". Run it. (If you have Vista or newer, right-click and choose "Run as Administrator.
    6. Follow the directions to install the client.
    7. After the client is done installing, add the directory where it installed to the exceptions list for your antivirus software. (The default folder location is "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International")
    8. Launch the client using the icon that was placed on your desktop during the install and let it update.
    8b. Launch the client and then close it before it updates, and then download the manual patches and install them. (Manual method is about 80% faster than automatic.)
    9. Play

Follow this instructions strictly you will be able to play !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • snikdob99
    snikdob99 Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    UPdate isnt ...

It has been a while since I have been here ... is it worth it or is this as good a place as any to say goodbye to pwi (fun game otherwise).
  • jadedjunglist
    jadedjunglist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    im having the same problem. and sometimes it just says update was interupted restart or continue...ive tried both the options and nothing happens. my version is 666 havent been able to update in awhile. i just want it to work smooth for once so i can play!!!

same issue, except i have version 670, kept sayin restart or continue, please wait, blablabla, just checked now though, i see a tiny bit of yellow in the update bar , been waiting bout 15 min, so hopefully if u try to wait it out, itll work for u too, hopeully it even works for me.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Download the manual patch files and update that way. Auto-update is going to take you forever.

Manual Patch Links

Also, don't forget to exclude the client directory from all of your security software and to disable the active scan when you update.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • gollum1986
    gollum1986 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    well my problem basicaly is that im through the update (ver 681 if im not wrong), but when i go to start game, it pops up a message with hieroglyphics or whatever.. strange signs, tried reinstalling, patching manually and so... you guys try to turn off firewall and antivir. for the update, should work, as well as adding program files to the exeption list in your firewall and antivirus...
    im still stuck with this strange signs, restarted, reinstalled, udpdated directx and nothing helped me so far... any ideas?
  • y4kuzi
    y4kuzi Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Good site for some people in this thread; http://www.starfall.com
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    gollum1986 wrote: »
    well my problem basicaly is that im through the update (ver 681 if im not wrong), but when i go to start game, it pops up a message with hieroglyphics or whatever.. strange signs, tried reinstalling, patching manually and so... you guys try to turn off firewall and antivir. for the update, should work, as well as adding program files to the exeption list in your firewall and antivirus...
    im still stuck with this strange signs, restarted, reinstalled, udpdated directx and nothing helped me so far... any ideas?

Provide a Screenshot of the error you getting it will help us to diagnose your problem in more detailed and better way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hapighost
    hapighost Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I have been trying all day to get it fixed I even installed it again ... and it only changed my game version for 669 to 639 I don't know if it is good or not ?? even my manual patches are failing
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Download the game with latest client and freshly update it,
    Manual patches can be found here

> http://techsupport.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1717 ,
    Don't forget to disable your antivirus/firewall etc. After installing and updating the game add the game files in anti-virus exception lists, Use Torrent Method to download the client it's faster and more realible then Direct Method.

Good Luck !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]