Rich or poor?

Options
124»

Comments

• phisyc
    phisyc Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's simple, every day he buys 1k packs. He opens them, and sells something worth 50~200m for 30m. The packs are bought with real money, so he really is merchanting the things from the packs. His statement is true.

Very smart,awesome idea.b:thanks I guess you do it yourself?I will try it some day when i will have a free billion to waste.
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I buy nothing, not because i do not want to but for the lack of payment methods pwi provides. I don't beleive in banking as its a big scam to take your cash so i don't use any sort of banking system even my paycheck i demand cash on hands, i don't and never will use credit cards/paypal and game cards are not easy to get in some countries in europe. Some other games had a system to pay with your cellphone if it was an option i'd prolly put some money in the game.
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Ripokeke - Sanctuary
    Ripokeke - Sanctuary Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Well more hardcore CSer means PWE will make everything more expensive, thats the problem. Non-CSer had more chances to make money when PWI was young, now it can be really stupid if youre working for your money and 90 % of your faction achieve the same things with one mouseclick you worked some months for.

Sometimes i spend 10-20 EU a month, sometimes i just dont need it.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. Let's take the past few week of Sales event as example. Dragon orb sale lead to non CSers buying gold, this led to a spike in gold prices. cat shops took the chance to increase their stock values according to gold price. Only thing that didn't go up in price is tokens, as CSers opened too many packs and can't bring the price up. Even one star dragon orbs are in the range of 115k to 120k.

This week, zen sale! CSers bought more gold and brought the gold price down. Merchants can try to sell their items at top price, but non-CSers also can buy gold and get things cheaper, if they know maths...

So if there are no CSers, the market will be flooded with coin farmers and bring everything up in price.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    phisyc wrote: »
    Very smart,awesome idea.b:thanks I guess you do it yourself?

How did you know? I never told anyone b:avoid
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    phisyc wrote: »
    This talent is not given to everyone.b:thanksDo not blame the server only because you do not earn as much as me.Merchanting is not only buying stuff from boutique and reselling after the sales are over.All that difficult calculations you made are mere numbers and nothing else.And of course unlike you,people who have their way of earning money do not reveal their strategies.You can kill yourself with your skepticism,im not here to prove you that what i do is possible,only because i don't want to waste my time.But if you message me in game,i will tell you some secrets.b:victory
    Oh,and you did not understand what i meant in my first post.I spend 2 hours playing,but my catshop is online about 17/24,otherwise,of course,it would not be possible.

Conceded on the two hours argument then. Your original post was worded so that you were on two hours and spent that time merchanting. I'll repeat, why so secretive? Its well known that things you have to be secretive about draw less profit in the end than the markets everyone knows about. I am less skeptical now that I know how long you spent per day on it but 2.2 billion in profits from 300 mil in only two months is still hard to believe from what I've seen through other merchants on RT and from reading PWInsider throughout the years. If you want people to believe you actually accomplished such a feat, why not reveal what you did?

The reason I detailed everything I did is because I have nothing to hide. If you actually read what I said, its not just numbers but what I did through each sale and why it wouldn't be feasible to generate triple those profits merchanting with gold, items, investing or even mixing all three which I did with that amount to start with. I was watching roughly how fast other catshops around me sold stock and how fast orders were being filled through the AH and it was obvious the market wouldn't support such growth from a single catshop.

There is NO way volume trading alone could net that much and there hasn't been enough investment windows or time to turn over the stock needed to reach those amounts you claim though that method either. Merchanting gold itself through the AH is the same story as investing in items. You'd have to be a billionaire already to be able to profit that much from investing gold that way. Pretty much every merchant in PW buys gold and sells items, buys gold and resells when it spikes, buys rare items from others and resells for a markup, or buys items to resell when they go off sale or a combination of the four.

If you somehow found some super-secret market that is far more profitable than utilizing the AH, good for you. More power to you if you used those markets to generate such a fortune in so little time. I know plenty of other merchants that are better than me, but the difference is they can prove it by stating just what they did better than me. Feel free to prove me wrong but until then, you are much like this guy here: http://pwinsider.wordpress.com/2012/01/19/pwihm-intro/
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Quick last post on this as the poll is about to close.

Thanks for everyone for their input and/or rants. I enjoyed it immensely!

Good luck to all who try their hand at merchanting and I hope we can all have fun, CS or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't charge but richer than 99% of Sanc. population. b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't charge but richer than 99% of Sanc. population. b:cool

I wonder if the richest person on sanctuary still plays?
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    $400 a month every month for the past 3 years. Works out to $14400. Damn, I really should stop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver
    XauroraFLARE - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I spend no more than $20 every few months just for more important items for my character to progress such as charms and packs (only in hopes of tokens to use for crab meat and oracles) or for a faster flyer and level 79 and above skills.

I feel that It's a bit unfair for those that don't spend lots of money, or any money, because, a lot of things can't simply be done alone on this game. A player must either receive help from other players or do it themselves, which, in most cases, they can't themselves without proper gear. And to receive proper gear, they are left to either pay money, or again, receive help from other players. A lot of players don't like helping unless they get something in return, and, even if they do get something in return, sometimes they still refuse. Although I am not referring to all players. And getting coins in-game isn't always enough, factions are only a solution sometimes.
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I've spent over $800 on this game. Stopped a month ago. Now Nation Wars is replacing my need to spend any $$<3
  • Andyria - Raging Tide
    Andyria - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    heehee way to poor to spend gobs of money on the game.
  • shawnswife
    shawnswife Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I am not proud to say I have spent between 200.00-600.00 US dollars per MONTH on this game. I however, am done with spending real money on this game. You would think that spending that amount for some 3 years you would at least get 1 love up and down tome, but no. I have opened up to 300 packs before with nothing but tokens. So frustrating to feel like you are paying part of someone's salary and not really getting anything for it. I did not sign on here with my main acct as really don't need people knowing how much I have spent on here. Needless to say, I am a grown woman and in fact a grandmother, so NO I am not spending mom and dad's hard earned money on their credit cards, it was my own hard earned money. I understand people who don't want to spend money on here and now I will be one of those people. I have multiple accounts with many high level characters and all the rest who I am working up will not be cash shopped characters. I am not usually a complainer, but just feel like if I can't get any kind of decent reward for all the cash shopping I have done over 3 years then I am done spending my money. That is all I have to say.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    shawnswife wrote: »
    I am not proud to say I have spent between 200.00-600.00 US dollars per MONTH on this game. I however, am done with spending real money on this game. You would think that spending that amount for some 3 years you would at least get 1 love up and down tome, but no. I have opened up to 300 packs before with nothing but tokens. So frustrating to feel like you are paying part of someone's salary and not really getting anything for it. I did not sign on here with my main acct as really don't need people knowing how much I have spent on here. Needless to say, I am a grown woman and in fact a grandmother, so NO I am not spending mom and dad's hard earned money on their credit cards, it was my own hard earned money. I understand people who don't want to spend money on here and now I will be one of those people. I have multiple accounts with many high level characters and all the rest who I am working up will not be cash shopped characters. I am not usually a complainer, but just feel like if I can't get any kind of decent reward for all the cash shopping I have done over 3 years then I am done spending my money. That is all I have to say.

Packs are lottery tickets. I'd no more stop shopping a store that I enjoyed just because I've never won the lottery than I would stop shopping at PWI just because I've never won the big prize from packs. It's to be expected. You can however turn that money into coin and then use the coin to buy those items from the player. 600 dollars was more than enough to have bought that tome from someone else. If you really spent that much a month and played 3 years, you could have easily had not only a tome but some of the best gear in the game. I highly recommend you take a look at the gold trading in the auction house. I have feeling it would greatly enhance your enjoy-ability of the game.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Phillio - Archosaur
    Phillio - Archosaur Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can a moderator please close this thread? Poll's closed so... I don't seem to be able to do it myself.

thx.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time is the fire in which we burn. b:angry
  • LosTEscape - Lost City
    LosTEscape - Lost City Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    I buy one random pack every day or so with coins, just as a lottery nothing serious. They came out like 2 years ago i think and i have never ever got anything more then best luck tokens.
    We will add r9 they said... it will be fun they said...
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Can a moderator please close this thread? Poll's closed so... I don't seem to be able to do it myself.

thx.

Closed at request of OP

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.