Lololol Cute!!!

Options
AliceAdams - Lost City
AliceAdams - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
edited January 2013 in General Discussion
Did the quest where you turn into a turtle for 2 minutes.

But, what's the point of the charm you get at the end that turns you into a turtle again? Is it just a cute new thing, or something we should save for later?b:cute
I'M 103 YOU STUPID AVATAR!!!
b:angryf:fume
Post edited by AliceAdams - Lost City on

Comments

• AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    bump

Anyone know any other use for the Telepath Charm?
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    which quests are you talking about? ;o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    We logged in today and there's a BUNCH of blue quests under normal and challenge in the available quest list.

This was....something about a bestiary.

But part of the quest gives you a telepath charm for use DURING the quest to turn into a turtle.

At the END of the quest, you get another charm to turn into a turtle. But there's no apparent reason to use it. So I was wondering if it was just a fun little bonus item or had a future use.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:laugh That reminds me of an item my friend found in BoI while we were testing it, it turned her into a bush for 5 minutes. She couldn't even move. So she just yelled at random people passing by as a bush.

I like quests that turn you into things you may not be used to. =P They get people thinking different ways than their usual set up for completing quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    b:laugh That reminds me of an item my friend found in BoI while we were testing it, it turned her into a bush for 5 minutes. She couldn't even move. So she just yelled at random people passing by as a bush.

I like quests that turn you into things you may not be used to. =P They get people thinking different ways than their usual set up for completing quests.
    LMFAO where and what is that!!!

edit* nvm i forgot im too low lv there lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    LMFAO where and what is that!!!

edit* nvm i forgot im too low lv there lol
    It was back in the beta testing. =P I might still have screenies somewhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I liked the little rat quest in morai that was cute too.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm loving a lot of the new quests. They are very different from the ones we've had.

So far I've had to make several items that I had to use to be able to kill special mobs. You right click the thing near the mob and you knock out 95% of their hp or lower their shield etc.

Also I've been turned into a robot, and a frog so far.

Bling Frog might be my new favorite NPC, as I didn't have al old one.

Hope I get the turtle quest tonight, or there will be shell to pay b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I think it's too early to tell atm, I couldn't find that item in the database. These quests sound fun. b:victory

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I'm loving a lot of the new quests. They are very different from the ones we've had.

So far I've had to make several items that I had to use to be able to kill special mobs. You right click the thing near the mob and you knock out 95% of their hp or lower their shield etc.

Also I've been turned into a robot, and a frog so far.

Bling Frog might be my new favorite NPC, as I didn't have al old one.

Hope I get the turtle quest tonight, or there will be shell to pay b:angry

Sounds like the quests in Forsaken Wold. Any of these have a backfire status effect ? Like the one on there you receive a powder that will either cause greater damage or turn you in to a mouse.
  • Teseanna - Heavens Tear
    Teseanna - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    how do you finish this? i didn't turn into a turtle...
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I love my new turtle charm. I hope it stays a permanent item. I have for a long time been unable to use any of those pills that change you due to the races I play, but now I can release my inner terrapin when ever I want.

Sadly only one person so far has even acknowledged that they have a turtle in their midst, even when I chase them. b:surrender

le sigh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • AliceAdams - Lost City
    edited November 2012
    Options
    how do you finish this? i didn't turn into a turtle...

Hrmmm...

That Lanbos dude gives you a charm as part of the quest. It'll give you the coordinates and you have to be in that EXACT spot IN THE WATER. Out by City of Misfortune. When you land in the water, I think you get a popup for the quest. Then use the turtle charm, and swim to the new set of coordinates.

Then you go back to Lanbos (lol I seriously hope that was his name) and to finish the quest he gives you a new turtle charm.

This is the end of the quest chain. I think it took about an hour to do the entire chain, but we flew around a lot. I think it may have been designed for lower characters, because the exp is probably in range for 70-80. For all of these new blue quest chains, you get a lot of parts that only give like 2100 exp, but there seems to be at least one part that gives 50k exp.

ETA: Now that I think about it, I can't even really justify it being for 70-80. It had us killing a lot of level 8 mobs, and the one time it took us in higher level territory, we got the turtle charm to avoid being attacked. But I think at level 98 I gained about 1% off 2 blue quests, plus coins and spirit. Not bad if you ask me.

I highly recommend these quests just for the cool little stories and stuff.

Actually, I highly recommend any of the quests. Everyone's in such a hurry to level up so they can be bored, that they miss out on all the good stuff. You've basically got an interactive movie at your fingertips, where you can kill stuff and help random people you don't care about accomplish their goals.b:chuckle
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Hrmmm...

That Lanbos dude gives you a charm as part of the quest. It'll give you the coordinates and you have to be in that EXACT spot IN THE WATER. Out by City of Misfortune. When you land in the water, I think you get a popup for the quest. Then use the turtle charm, and swim to the new set of coordinates.

i got the popup for the quest...but i didn't get the charm. it says i will when i finish the quest, but i need it to finish it....

Really?b:cry
  • Star_Prism - Archosaur
    Star_Prism - Archosaur Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I spent the whole two minutes as a turtle. As I was in the water I had the singy-song from 'Finding Nemo' in my head "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming" b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

star-chaster.deviantart.com

star-chaster.tumblr.com
    edited November 2012
    Options
    where is the "perch"
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    The NPC is located near bamboo village
    The final reward charm does NOT go away when you turn yourself into a turtle, so you can simply do it over and over again b:laugh
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited November 2012
    Options
    still cant finish this quest...
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    still cant finish this quest...

Just keep killing turtles. I think my turtle body count is up near 500 at this point...sigh.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • LuciusVorenu - Lost City
    LuciusVorenu - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No idea what its for but its fun to have 4 APS base and then turn into a turtle and kill someoneb:laugh
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

LMAO that would be a lot of fun
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Just keep killing turtles. I think my turtle body count is up near 500 at this point...sigh.

Are you sure you are killing the right turtles?
    On the second part you have to DIG something, not kill
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
    edited November 2012
    Options

...so i killed enough Tortoise Everlasting to put the species in extinction. Serious.

Still haven't finished the quest, still haven't turned into a turtle. Nor do i have any item that does so.

BOOOOOOO!
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    ...so i killed enough Tortoise Everlasting to put the species in extinction. Serious.

Still haven't finished the quest, still haven't turned into a turtle. Nor do i have any item that does so.

BOOOOOOO!

Yea I was warned I would have to kill a lot of turtles...they weren't kidding. Course I have terrible luck - I remember the old school Cow (Tauren) quest back in the day and I was there for hours till the damn things dropped what I needed.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
    edited November 2012
    Options

BOOOOOOO!

Isn't the Everlasting the last one?
    If you read the quest, you realize it tells you to go to a spot in the water, hit the scroll, than move to another spot. THAT'S IT

The scroll does only last for 10 minutes though. So you probably delayed to much. Go see if you can get another one
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Show me screenshots!!!!!
    I wanna be a turtle! b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited November 2012
    Options
    waaaaaa! My fingers are wrinkles and still nothing! Back in the water goes me.....

b:cry
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Show me screenshots!!!!!
    I wanna be a turtle! b:dirty

I logged of so no screenshot for you sorry, but you look like those small stone turtles with spikes on your back.
    If you APS with it it really looks funny
  • daniellover
    daniellover Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

If this is the part where you have to kill 3 different kinds of turtles then you dont have to kill them but you have to dig something.

I was killing turtles too till i realised i was doing the wrong thing.

The auto-path to the turtles near Archo brings you to the wrong spot. The item that you need to dig is where the Phoenix River and Great Lake meet south west of Archo.

the item is a grey thing laying at the bottom of the river.

Good luck. b:victory

And yes the turtle is realy cute b:cute
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Day two.
    Tired and water-logged, i press on.

Though my task is daunting and there seems no end in sight.

Damn these Tortoise Everlasting truly live up to their name. Iv'e dispatched many now, the sea is warm with turtle blood. I feel the goal is within my grasp, yet it eludes me.

Note to self, repair axe on next trip inland...
This discussion has been closed.