people are so dumb :/

Options
Channman - Lost City
Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
so people are buying Raps for 400k-430k and cannys aroun 100k-120k on LC. This person was saying how you make more money spending your tokens on Raps and sellign them to cat shops :/ So i tried telling him you get 5 cannys per token and only 1 rap. If you sell that rap your making around 400k were as if you sell those 5 cannys your making around 500k, but noooooooo somehow im wrong and im the **** one b:shocked just thought i would share that with you all b:laughb:laugh
Post edited by Channman - Lost City on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this must be a post count thread b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If rumor is true and raps become 50 or 60 supply tokens=1 rap this maint and cannies remain the same, then cannies will be the only profitable source for merchants and raps will go back up in price/force people to farm nirvana again.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    If rumor is true and raps become 50 or 60 supply tokens=1 rap this maint and cannies remain the same, then cannies will be the only profitable source for merchants and raps will go back up in price/force people to farm nirvana again.

that would be nice tbh
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    this must be a post count thread b:cute

Did you mention +1?

The joy of rumours, people trying to revive the vana market b:chuckle.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

doubt its true, mans u would get 10 raps each week end (=270 week ends = 5 years), not gonna help with R9 recast, and that was the goal to make it easier to get
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    yea, it looked originally like raps were going to be 5x canny price, so i got raps thinking it wouldnt make a difference, robbed me of like 20m first week

and no they arent going to patch it, just a rumor started by merchanters who want to keep price from dropping so much so they can make a little bit of profit still!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I sold my canny for 150k which mean 750k for 5 while rapt are 400-500k, I made 10m more than if I've made rapt and sell rapt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • resnov098
    resnov098 Posts: 37
    edited November 2012
    Options
    that would be nice tbh
    mhm +1
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Short answer... yes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    People being dumb is... nothing new.

It's how merchants here make money, after all.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    People being dumb is... nothing new.

It's how merchants here make money, after all.

Don't listen to this guy, us merchants provide a real, beneficial and wholesome service to the pwi community, and in return we only extract a *very* nominal and insignificant fee.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Don't listen to this guy, us merchants provide a real, beneficial and wholesome service to the pwi community, and in return we only extract a *very* nominal and insignificant fee.

*cough*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    *cough*

Wait.... Kerona..... arent you a merchant?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    are those cs'ers who haven't figured out the money they spend on a virtual game that is dying is a total waste of cash. give it to a charity of your choice and use it for something beneficial. see 3rd quarter revenue and 4th quarter estimates on pwrd. the bleeding will not stop because their player base is 20-30% gone this year alone from last year and almost 50% gone the past 2. only ones left in another year will be cs'ers with rerolled alts.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    condo2009 wrote: »
    are those cs'ers who haven't figured out the money they spend on a virtual game that is dying is a total waste of cash. give it to a charity of your choice and use it for something beneficial. see 3rd quarter revenue and 4th quarter estimates on pwrd. the bleeding will not stop because their player base is 20-30% gone this year alone from last year and almost 50% gone the past 2. only ones left in another year will be cs'ers with rerolled alts.

Well, Nation wars is giving a people a chance who struggle to make money to get suitable gear. Unlike me who spent months farming my full nirvy gear.
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    Enviouz - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Its good for the people who already have full r9, but what about the poor people who were farming NV/Caster to fund r9?!! I was almost there (weap to go), and now I'm screwed. Also due to timezone NW is not an option for me plus imma cleric so farming HH is not so profitable!

Rant over =x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Its good for the people who already have full r9, but what about the poor people who were farming NV/Caster to fund r9?!! I was almost there (weap to go), and now I'm screwed. Also due to timezone NW is not an option for me plus imma cleric so farming HH is not so profitable!

Rant over =x

Prices are cheap, is there enough money lying around that you can finance the weapon?
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Most merchants are greedy buttholes, including myself, they only ruin the economy and jack prices up, if for some reason someone sells items for a lower price, they buy all and put the old overpriced tag on it!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Plusone thread! :D

3333 posts \o/
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Liam_ - Sanctuary
    Liam_ - Sanctuary Posts: 198 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I got cannies. I've seen raps about 550k tops while cannies seem to be at least 130k (which equals 650k raps). So I'm happy enough with my choice on that one.

Of course, if people stop getting raps and go for cannies, it might balance out over the next few NW. I wouldn't advise hanging on to raps though since the price will only drop.
  • stinks
    stinks Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Ya I agree ppl jump into things without doing there homework. Do the math 1st. I know prices are different on other servers. I just have to add something, without the dumb ppl we would not make as much money. b:chuckle
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    stinks wrote: »
    without the dumb ppl we would not make as much money. b:chuckle
    b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)