PWI what the hell did you do with refine?

Options
justina20
justina20 Posts: 15 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
Now you have to buy orb to make it +3? I spend 300 mirage to make a damn item +3. Dont tell us nothing happen cuz few months before you can do easy +4 and + 5 with mirage, can you get more lower then that, why so greedy? The game is already becoming PaytoPlay but to spend over 300 mirage and after see the item +0 again is lower even for someone like you. If you keep this up maybe even with orb will fail lol.
I never seen a game before that fail at + 2 and you have to pay for +3, what the hell did u drink?
Post edited by justina20 on

Comments

• Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    your luck just suck maybe? i just +6 my cape with 300 mirage last week b:surrender
  • justina20
    justina20 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    your luck just suck maybe? i just +6 my cape with 300 mirage last week b:surrender

I dont know but is not only now , this is going for 2 months now. I cant do anything more then +2 . I have to pay for refine more then the item itself. This is starting because idiots and show off noobs start to write on forum that with that tisha stone they made +7 items and now the PWI make 1 fail 1 succes, 1 fail 1 succes, 1 fail 1 succes ...so you cant make with that stone anymore. Same with canny and raps. They show off on forum they made 500 mil at X 2 from Nirvana and look where we are now. They made WAR on a PVE server. That is low!
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    +5 with 155 mirages just yesterday. Your luck sucks...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • augustfinknottle
    augustfinknottle Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    justina20 wrote: »
    I dont know but is not only now , this is going for 2 months now. I cant do anything more then +2 . I have to pay for refine more then the item itself. This is starting because idiots and show off noobs start to write on forum that with that tisha stone they made +7 items and now the PWI make 1 fail 1 succes, 1 fail 1 succes, 1 fail 1 succes ...so you cant make with that stone anymore. Same with canny and raps. They show off on forum they made 500 mil at X 2 from Nirvana and look where we are now. They made WAR on a PVE server. That is low!

I've had no problem refining some pants to +5 with under 300 mirages (not even adds used) yesterday. And there has always existed war on PvE servers. They were called Territory Wars. They just made a new one.
  • Cinderball - Raging Tide
    Cinderball - Raging Tide Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I only used 13 tienkang stones and 131 mirages to +6 two things Sunday night. Its all about luck. I haven't noticed significant changes in the costs since I began refining. Sometimes you spend more than the orb but most of the time its cheaper.
    RT's Heavy Armor Sin
    pwcalc.com/4b05df7de8c8337f
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You just had bad luck. I just refined a warsong belt to +9 with tishas & tienkangs; using 1000 mirages
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Its luck, maybe refine % seams lower than before but then again, its still luck; Can't say i had much success lately but eh thats the price of gambling
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    LMAO 300 mirages to +3? You just have bad luck. I refined all my R9(4 peices) and a 4 sock Nirvi helm to a +3 with 70 mirages, all within the past 2 months. Also, if you don't get a +3 by the time you use 50 mirages, give up and buy a orb. It would have to be R9 or some high priced Nirvi recast before I would use 300 mirages on a peice of gear, especially if I paid for the mirages. if the mirages were free from TT, then who cares.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Naberis - Dreamweaver
    Naberis - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    well idk what thats about but i +5'ed my warsong belt with 60 mirages... seems fine to me
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You've had bad luck.

I +7'd two different full sets of gear a couple days back with under 2k mirages.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i +5 something today with 150
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Now you have to buy orb to make it +3? I spend 300 mirage to make a damn item +3. Dont tell us nothing happen cuz few months before you can do easy +4 and + 5 with mirage, can you get more lower then that, why so greedy? The game is already becoming PaytoPlay but to spend over 300 mirage and after see the item +0 again is lower even for someone like you. If you keep this up maybe even with orb will fail lol.
    I never seen a game before that fail at + 2 and you have to pay for +3, what the hell did u drink?

you call that bad luck? b:laugh come back and talk when you beat my bad luck of failing to +1 43 times in a row then we can talk bout bad luck b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sidwinder - Heavens Tear
    Sidwinder - Heavens Tear Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I believe it depends on the lvl of the item I think the higher the item lvl the harder it is to use just mirages. I can refine lower item lvl item's easier than higher lvl item's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sidwinder-HT
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My luck also has always been down the toilet, hence, I just use orbs from +3, and sometimes even to get an item to +3 takes a ton of mirages.
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My luck also has always been down the toilet, hence, I just use orbs from +3, and sometimes even to get an item to +3 takes a ton or mirages.

after spending 42.5mil on mirages for a +3 (one piece), I also use this method now b:chuckle
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    It's just a string of bad luck. It's bound to happen to someone eventually, unforunately that person is you. Not too long ago I +3 my cape with 3 mirages. And then immediately spent all of the other 400 mirages I had trying to +3 my belt. Same grade. It just comes down to luck.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Refined g16 wrists to +6 on a couple hundred mirages last night.
    Rage more about your luck and not knowing how it works to begin with.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    refining is all about luck. not to long ago i +7d g16 wrists and helm with almost no effort whatesover, but i was unable to refine my friends helm to +5 with 500 mirages + stones. then the next day i got snowflake sole boots to +6 first try, failed at +7, and it got reset after another fail at +6, but then quickly got +6 again with like 60 more mirages.

it is possible that pwi changed refining rates since update, but i highly doubt it, would be hearing much much more complaints, since everyone is refining new vana gear currently
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I got one of my ornaments to +3 in 6 mirages last week. Usually I can't get past +2 in 200 mirages. It's the luck of gambling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Svaarog - Sanctuary
    Svaarog - Sanctuary Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I tried and got barb's wrists i don't even care about to +8... tiekangs all the way
    Viking Pride b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sn
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    you call that bad luck? b:laugh come back and talk when you beat my bad luck of failing to +1 43 times in a row then we can talk bout bad luck b:chuckle

I call that super luck. Had that been turned around, you could have +10~+12 your gear b:chuckle.
  • Purple_fury - Sanctuary
    Purple_fury - Sanctuary Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I call that super luck. Had that been turned around, you could have +10~+12 your gear b:chuckle.

my bad luck is so bad its good? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shikiyu - Heavens Tear
    Shikiyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

i have to agree with this guy. 5 month ago i used only 15 mirage no adds and got 5+ on my sin R8 chest. Now when i try it on my archer R8 chest over 60 mirage only 1+, its pretty sad on the nerfing.
  • asishi
    asishi Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Sorry, it's all luck, and item level doesn't factor in. Sometimes it's easy, sometimes you get screwed. That's part of any gamble.

Just got a nirvy chest to +5 in 38 mirages, then nirvy dual blades to +6 in a straight shot only to fail trying for +7 and spend 600 mirages getting it back to +4. Luck happens. Sometimes you get a handout, sometimes you just get boned. Nothing more to it than that.

As for dragon orbs, I'll use 'em after +6 or +7. Look at that price. It might be demoralizing how long it takes and how many times you fail. It might be time-consuming. But in the end, if you paid ~10-12k for your mirages, you have a -lot- of attempts before you're even close to spending as much as that one dorb cost you.
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    My cape is +4 from 6 mirages.
    All my gear is +3 other then my boots and ornaments from only mirages I got from TT.

Some old wife's tale don't refine a lot in one day.
    I also feel like I get better luck from the elder in Lost.

No clue if it's true.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    QQ i have never gotten a thing over +4 with mirages, i use orbs from 4 and up so b:cry
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    QQ i have never gotten a thing over +4 with mirages, i use orbs from 4 and up so b:cry

Do you use refining aids to help you? or only use mirages?
  • Bellicious - Dreamweaver
    Bellicious - Dreamweaver Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I used 200 mirages today to +7 two items. The refine rates are still the same.
  • Enviouz - Lost City
    Enviouz - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    You're clearly just as unlucky as I am when it comes to refining. I rage and get close to NPCing =x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    760 Mirrages and 7 Tienkangs just to get my Gorenox Vanity +4. Beat that!