Weakness?

SinfulLia - Archosaur
SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Barbarian
Hey barbs
i was just wondering what your class is really weak against in pk? especially TW?
Post edited by SinfulLia - Archosaur on

Comments

• Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Casters, and being purged
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    and being purged

purged? > solid shield or invoke > 3 seconds to rebuff > keep pewpewing

so yeah purge isn't the worst thing vs a barb, but i can asure mystics and psys are sorta of annoying for me, and wiz hit way too hard
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey barbs
    i was just wondering what your class is really weak against in pk? especially TW?

Any 20 people from any class who are waiting for your invoke or Iron Guard to run out, in order to molest you.b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Hey barbs

Barbs can be taken down one shot by some caster classes skill combo and luck. Barbs can be taken down by a group of co-ordinated players. In TW.

TW = anyone can get killed no matter what your refines are and how much mdef, pdef you put on. It might be hard, but possible to do.
  • TexanTank - Raging Tide
    TexanTank - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    b:surrender
    Any well played AA that I can't 1 hit.
  • akosireann
    akosireann Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    purged? > solid shield or invoke > 3 seconds to rebuff > keep pewpewing

so yeah purge isn't the worst thing vs a barb, but i can asure mystics and psys are sorta of annoying for me, and wiz hit way too hard

+1

At the current tw standards if you are a cata barb that qq's because you got purged by a veno, archer, or bm/sin with a purge bow , your squad may have a lot of questions about your capabilities on coping up. It's not their fault that they purged you but's it's more of your own slow reflexes ( there are tons of genie and apoths to cope up with that).

Being fried by a wiz/ psy crit howeverb:shutup
    Go Pure or go Fail

You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something in your life - Winston Churchill

Status of PvP in RT

The best pk in Raging Tides is in World Chat- Dylena
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Psy's. And honestly a well played sin or bm gets really annoying.

Both are due to our lack of antistun skills. A psy is an AA class that can be tanky against you and use control skills or switch and give really hard AA attacks.

I've also just been stun locked and sealed and OI'd by sins and BMs and sat there trying to time my escape grumbling into my headset like Yosemite Sam "imfradda sucka mummble fruggin stunnin sondabishes".
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • MrSyko - Raging Tide
    MrSyko - Raging Tide Posts: 515 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    These new and improved towers b:cry
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    These new and improved towers b:cry

I have seen my damage go from 4k on a barb to 18k (noncrit) on a barb that got hit by the towers a few times b:laugh
    I LOVE that amp
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A properly timed hf just fcks **** up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    A properly timed hf just fcks **** up.

i ran into a cluster f*ck in nation wars, invoked and tanked it out, trying to kill the squishy people.

but then i had gotten stunned and immobilized and etc, and near the end of my invoke i had about 6 people attacking me and then the BM had HF'd me..... (invoke is nearly going to wear off).

still taking almost no dmg o.o c'mon-c'mon-c'mon-c'mon-c'mon HF needs to end before invoke doe- *dead*

didnt even see my hp bar fall, i just died rofl.

hf + 4 or 6 people is really bad b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I mean in a one v one situation... is popping a pot to add elemental damage effective? Cos don't barbies have tiny mag/element defense?
    Other than that you suggest GANK?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I mean in a one v one situation... is popping a pot to add elemental damage effective? Cos don't barbies have tiny mag/element defense?

I've used multiple different techniques but against a good barb on a sin you almost need full chi, chi skills in cooldown, genie energy, and triple spark. I tried against one of sanctuary's 50k barb (Full vit, +12, vit shard, G16 neck) unsparked once and I CotD and unsparked was hitting a huge range. Think I had anywhere from 400-12k damage while skill spamming.

I take my cues from Skai who tends to do TWs with CoTD on and then switches to aps for taking down high hp/pdef targets like Barbs, BMs, and Sins. A few techniques I use it pay very close attention to last invoke (60 second cd) and bestial rage (30 second cd) since you don't want to be apsing and filling the barbs chi. Triple spark and freeze. From here I decide if I want to condensed thorn with my chi and OI with my genie, or EP with my genie and stun with my chi. I normally EP with my genie and stun since Headhunt can be a huge attack (4-10k damage, more with EP on.) If I have a BM around I EP and condensed thorn and let them stun.

Don't let the barb kite you. Don't let the barb stun you. And watch to make sure the barb doesn't have friends. Plan damage bursts around his charm ticks, ie spark before he ticks rather than start it after and let him use your 3 second spark time as charm cooldown.

... yah, I'm writing how to kill barb guides in the barb forums >.<
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • rottsx2
    rottsx2 Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    In tw a barb shouldnt need to attack when pulling a cata.first thing you do when you enter the tw is pop a white tea for 2 sparks get a cata then head down assigned lane. A barbs concern is first not getting ahead of the offense running down a lane. If they do its nothing for a bm to rush in, stun them, use dragons, have a wiz or psy then 1 hit them. game over back to base. its pointless to do that as a cata barb. your whole shove down a lane ends. when going down a lane, stay far enough back that a bm cannot get to you and stun you. if your lane is getting shoved at you then fall back a little bit. Sometimes you may have to go all the way back to base , regroup then try a new lane or shove the one you were on. dont run around with the cata trying to kill people. rebuff your party members if they are getting purged. your whole roll is to not die when going down the lane. the only people that should be attacking you are the bm who is trying to stun you,the wizards who wants to try and 1 hit you, and psychics. if a sin goes after you its safe to say they are clueless to tw. sins need to focus on clerics then archers. that simple. dont even worry about sins in a tw. once you get in the base if a sin tries to attack you, use demon roar..gg that sin. sometimes if you go against a weak guild have fun and attack do whatever. going against a guild that is as equal to yours or even tougher you got to play the cata barb smart. carry lots of charms of defense, IG, a good genie helps.

When you get into the base a smart mystic will try to knock back the cata off of you if its too far away from you when entering. the psy will try to stun you. if you are winning the tw, the other guild may be turtling the base waiting for you to enter. your offense should go in first and try to clear some of the dders out with you behind them. once in, if you arent taking damage then no need to invoke or use an IG. if you need to take out a tower, do so. if not go at the crystal. If you are taking damage and turtle or use an IG go for it. save AD for when the other 2 are in CD and then you will notice how long you stay on the crystal. Once you invoke and notice you got purged, rebuff if your not silenced. a good thing to do on a barb when they enter is to silence them so they cant use any skills. the tw is all about teamwork and playing your roll.
  • LaYsDiL - Harshlands
    LaYsDiL - Harshlands Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey barbs

For pvp i have to say other equal geared barbs...hate fighting them lasts to long...but thats me i have other ways of handling psys and wizz..though it can get quite annoying with leapback and forward on harshlands theres this one mystic i see once n blue moon..only r8..im r9 and pvp all day..this mystic knows to time his skills perfectly hate that damn knock back but not alot of ppl can get to that mystic. In ime without charm **** but tw totally diffrent. wizzy and psy and archer imo

sorry for spelling typing from phone and hard to correct keeps moving.
  • The_Plague - Dreamweaver
    The_Plague - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Another thing not pointed out is a O barb has a skill called Oroar so watch for the reflect buff on him as if you are aps it will kill You Especially if hes invoked... Equal gear and play skill i think a barb/BM would be your hardest Opponent GL.