So our DoTs..

Euzebe - Sanctuary
Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
edited February 2013 in Psychic
are now attack level based? Noticed a massive damage increase in telekinesis that seemed disproportionate to the minor buff it received. Turns out telekinesis is doing different damage depending on whether I'm in white or black now, same for lvl 11 Torrent and Sand Trap.
Post edited by Euzebe - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll go do some testing and shet, brb.

Accurate.
    DoT spells are now effected by Attack Level.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I'll go do some testing and shet, brb.

Go Kerona Go!!!
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They are being affected by Attack levels apparently. I got three different sets of damage on the same mob using the same DoT (torrent) in neutral, black and white...
    Edit: The same goes for sand trap too. Wasnt Telekinesis given a chance to Pseudo-crit as well? Maybe its also affected by attack levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Yea all three seem to have that effect now. There goes using those usefully while in white voodoo. Of course the upside is you can cast them with the benefit of 120 or so attack levels.

Telekinesis now well and truly out DDs Spirit Blast, Earth Vector and Landslide b:laugh.
    edited November 2012
    I wonder if the attack level addition affects other classes too...
    And, wont this mean that we can't use those skills to bypass defense levels?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    what about barb turtle and ****? :c
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    From what I've seen, yes and yes. But generally as Psys, we have more attack levels than our opponent usually has defence levels, so I think with the average case, it'll result in our favour.

I tested with invoke and all DoTs in question still bypassed successfully.
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    go ahead and slay barbs in SS and Invoke b:victory
    3 sparks... stack all 3 and o.O
    Demon Tide spirit is a good friend of Telekinesis, my crit rate is 17, 37 with Demon Tide spirit and so its 74% to deal 1.5x dmg with Telekinesis :P
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Dai_Viper - Archosaur
    Dai_Viper - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    sorry, they are sage!
    Gear info: pwcalc.com/ca03cfa26484422eb:victory
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    go ahead and slay barbs in SS and Invoke b:victory
    3 sparks... stack all 3 and o.O
    Demon Tide spirit is a good friend of Telekinesis, my crit rate is 17, 37 with Demon Tide spirit and so its 74% to deal 1.5x dmg with Telekinesis :P

Yea I tried both of those. Works pretty nice; I've the same 17 base, 37% crit under Tide. I just want them drop that delay to maybe 6 seconds on Telekinesis.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Dirty Demons!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuciferV - Raging Tide
    LuciferV - Raging Tide Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea I tried both of those. Works pretty nice; I've the same 17 base, 37% crit under Tide. I just want them drop that delay to maybe 6 seconds on Telekinesis.

That would be too OP....
    Don't F. with me, I F. back ;)
  • Chronowarper - Sanctuary
    Chronowarper - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I did a bit of PvE testing of my own after being VERY disappointed by the news that our superOP DoTs are now atk lvl based.

HOWEVER,

Black Voodoo: 1374/tick.
    No voodoo: 1362/tick.
    White Voodoo: 1372/tick.

Keep in mind that my Torrent(the above tested skill) is Lv 10.

So what I'm to understand is that either,
    1. Only Sage DoTs are atk-lvl based.

Or,

2. Our DoTs are atk-lvl based only in PvP.

So, which one?
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    Turns out telekinesis is doing different damage depending on whether I'm in white or black now, same for lvl 11 Torrent and Sand Trap.

Established.

/10 char
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I did a bit of PvE testing of my own after being VERY disappointed by the news that our superOP DoTs are now atk lvl based.

HOWEVER,

Or,

So, which one?
    wtf you smoking our DoTs where **** till they tweaked them
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    wtf you smoking our DoTs where **** till they tweaked them

DoTs were formerly used in White Voodoo to whittle down something or to tick a charm while kiting in Turtle Club mode because they didn't suffer any reduction in damage. Because they are now att level based, they do much less damage in white vood now, sorta effectively nerfing white voodoo as a play mechanic.

meh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    DoTs were formerly used in White Voodoo to whittle down something or to tick a charm while kiting in Turtle Club mode because they didn't suffer any reduction in damage. Because they are now att level based, they do much less damage in white vood now, sorta effectively nerfing white voodoo as a play mechanic.

meh.

But all the cool psys have near 0 attack level in White anyway; sitting at -3 myself. Which means that even in White, the DoTs do about the same as they would have before the attack level inclusion modification. On the bright side now in Black we benefit from all the pretty attack levels. b:victory
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    But all the cool psys have near 0 attack level in White anyway; sitting at -3 myself. Which means that even in White, the DoTs do about the same as they would have before the attack level inclusion modification. On the bright side now in Black we benefit from all the pretty attack levels. b:victory

b:chuckle
    Yah, but gg'd if you're not r9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited November 2012

HOWEVER,

Or,

So, which one?

This seems to occur in duels as well, cause in white or black voodoo I was doing the same damage when I tested it. I haven't tried a controlled test in PK yet though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited November 2012
    This seems to occur in duels as well, cause in white or black voodoo I was doing the same damage when I tested it. I haven't tried a controlled test in PK yet though.

I tested via duels primarily. Unless they reverted it, I'd recheck. Perhaps try with Jones on and Jones off?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    I tested via duels primarily. Unless they reverted it, I'd recheck. Perhaps try with Jones on and Jones off?

Yeah I tested it again last night and it was working, idk what was going on before. After sparking and using the telekinesis skill surprising it was very effective, it hit 11.5k on a full nirvy cleric. Before the skill updates I remember it only doing 4k ish on the same person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    Erryne - Sanctuary Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Any clue if they ninja updated Red Tide, probably sage/demon version only if they did?
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    I wouldn't know, nothing to compare to. Never use that folly of a skill b:surrender
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    I'm totally not blaming you or any others for not having it at sage/demon. Only reason I got mine to lv10 was because I used to go on regular Gamma runs a long time ago and needed a way to use my free chi from aura after vector/psywill and tide spirit. b:chuckle
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2012
    There was no updates in the patch notes so I'm guessing there was not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    Just like how the patch note were missing the fact that sage/demon DoTs were now based on atk lv also? I'm sorry, I assumed my question would had been clear since this thread was on this very topic. I was kinda hoping that Red Tide would no longer be our worse skill and would gain some rare use.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just like how the patch note were missing the fact that sage/demon DoTs were now based on atk lv also? I'm sorry, I assumed my question would had been clear since this thread was on this very topic. I was kinda hoping that Red Tide would no longer be our worse skill and would gain some rare use.

b:chuckle solo Epilson path in EU... redtide is very valuable there when it dots them b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Erryne - Sanctuary
    edited December 2012
    b:chuckle solo Epilson path in EU... redtide is very valuable there when it dots them b:kiss

I soloed epsilon a lot back when EU was new, easy path for psychic once you know how the mobs work. I never needed to use Red Tide there, nor white voodoo for that matter.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I soloed epsilon a lot back when EU was new, easy path for psychic once you know how the mobs work. I never needed to use Red Tide there, nor white voodoo for that matter.

If Epsilon was the "magic immune" path, thats the one I meant... it was a lot of fun being a caster in there. And lol... white voodoo... 1. I still died once when their "telekinesis" blew up with white voody on, so realized i had to find another way... 2. Killing them was like watching paint dry if in white voody as well. Its a good way to see whats not technically considered "magic" attacks for psys in general. I suggest it to all psys. b:kiss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2012
    Epsilon is easy mode with Psy Will/Sage Bubble's purify.
    And why go to a magic-immune path on a magic class with limited means of physical damage? That just ain't right.