Now we can finally answer: which server is the most populated?

Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
In the Nation wars, when traversing the map it shows the population of each army. Add up the populations of the four for your server from Sunday and post the total here.

Harshlands had 1000 people online for our Nation War on Sunday. b:cool
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dreamweaver had around 1250 on for it, give or take 30~. Idk the exact number.

Rewards were split up more this time, but still managed to get a good amount.

So far Frost won (Friday) and Dark won (Sunday). I was on both each time.

Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dreamweaver had around 1250 on for it, give or take 30~. Idk the exact number.

Rewards were split up more this time, but still managed to get a good amount.

So far Frost won (Friday) and Dark won (Sunday). I was on both each time.

wasn't 1250, was 2550. made the correction after in wc and in my thread on the token reward system. the 1250 i saw were my last battle's contribution points.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
    Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    wasn't 1250, was 2550. made the correction after in wc and in my thread on the token reward system. the 1250 i saw were my last battle's contribution points.

2550 makes more sense too, since most people got about a third of what they got on Friday. And so far... looks like Dreamweaver is the most populated b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    2550 makes more sense too, since most people got about a third of what they got on Friday. And so far... looks like Dreamweaver is the most populated b:victory

Ah thanks lol. I just asked in fac chat and 2 ppl said 1250. I didnt remember myself.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1k something on HT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2012

Yeah but how many were alts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    So far it seems only dreamweaver, harshlands, and heavens tear are the only servers who've done NW.

Dreamweaver: 2550
    Harshlands: 1000
    Heavens Tear: 1000(ish)

Lets get someone official to record their servers number for both fights next week :o

Edits:
    Yeah but how many were alts?
    Considering the fact that you cant get the reward if you leave early, and you only get a reward if you participate, and the instance locks down after the first hour, aaaaaaaand the sheer stupid levels of lag in the instance entry hours, I don't think that anyone was multi clienting in there. Or at least, not many were.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I would hazard to guess the results wouldn't be accurate since I know several people that run 4-6 clients at the same time.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    I would hazard to guess the results wouldn't be accurate since I know several people that run 4-6 clients at the same time.

Yea, but do they run all 4 in the instance at the same time? If so then their brain is like a super computer, being able to process that much information successfully at one time. It's like attempting to tw with that many toons at once.

• OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I checked the numbers often, each nation never had more than 330 at any one time. Flame with the most, and Dark following closely. Light and Frost probably never even went above 300. There would have only been 1300 at most in Sunday's NW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darkbarbariuz
    darkbarbariuz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1050 on rt b:avoid
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    I checked the numbers often, each nation never had more than 330 at any one time. Frost with the most, and Dark following closely. Light and Frost probably never even went above 300. There would have only been 1300 at most in Sunday's NW.

At the beginning of the games, the numbers were high. As frost nation began crumbling, people were bailing. I saw this in faction chat steadily. The first 10 minutes had about 600 per region, but then people would either A: ragequit, B: dc (you can't come back in once you're out) or C: Log off for some other reason. Kinda like a 3 hour tw. Most attendance in the first half hour or so, but then they begin dropping off slowly.

Edit: To what I saw in faction chat. Some people were unable to join fights because they would either fill up while the person traveled there, or all battles were already full along their nation's edge, so they got bored waiting for 25 minute matches to end.

• ILacy - Sanctuary
    ILacy - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sanctuary had 250-280 in every nation tonight, so there were around 1100 people attending.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    around 1100 on LC
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited November 2012

But it's a fair sample estimate. While I'm sure there were alts, one can assume the degree of alt usage is more or less similar on each server.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    But it's a fair sample estimate. While I'm sure there were alts, one can assume the degree of alt usage is more or less similar on each server.

You would also have to take into account the amount of people that didnt log on due to different time zones. And then ofc theres always the people that dont pvp that wouldnt participate also.
  • IceWolf - Dreamweaver
    IceWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    B: dc (you can't come back in once you're out)

Dunno why everybody say that after DC u cant come back. I DCed a lot last night (because of my internet connection, not server problem), but after i forced log back i was always at our nation's base and could continue the war.
  • Flamespirit - Dreamweaver
    Flamespirit - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I assure you that me an my wife both had alt accounts running. All you have to do is kill a couple people or help kill them and sit inside a winning battle. My main character that I played the whole time got like 110 tokens, where my alt that I played for 15 mins got 55.

Both where in same squad though went to different battles, so I really don't get the way they are distributed.
  • IceWolf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    I think because big part of final rewards came from the nation's final reward. At friday and sunday i got almost same personal points, but at friday with Dark (2nd nation) i got 262 supply token and at sunday with Frost (totally last nation) got only 56 supply tokens.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Dunno why everybody say that after DC u cant come back. I DCed a lot last night (because of my internet connection, not server problem), but after i forced log back i was always at our nation's base and could continue the war.

THIS. I got dc right after i turned best performance off going in (could fortunately play without it the rest of the night) and I had no issues with logging back in base.

On the estimates, I'm not sure you can compare PvP servers to PvE, i had plenty of friends who simply wouldn't even consider PvPing, whereas on a PvP server it's a safe bet no one is avoiding NW because of this. There were also other who chose to sit it out for a number of reasons (ranging from bad connections to general principle) and the breakdown for each group on any particular server probably comes out different, to this you have to add people on different time zones or gaming schedules that would have otherwise participated... In my opinion, the number of players observed attending the event is certainly interesting but not something I would use to base population estimates,
  • IceWolf - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    It is partially true, cant use it to decide which server is the most populated, but i have to say one thing. PvE servers isnt mean that those player doesnt like PvP. Most of us like PvP, and like it with an organized way, like TW, Nation wars, pk fests, events. At old times there was intresting that PvE servers had more TWs almost every weekend then PvP servers.
    Other thing that at east coast servers there are more europian players and sunday night which is almost monday morning for EU, not the best time if u have work or u have to go to school.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Momaganon had like 650~.
    seems to be a perfect number because we never had empty wars but we also rarely had the problem that all wars have been completely full :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Cedro - Sanctuary
    Cedro - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sanctuary had around 1080-1120:

Below the current population like 20 mins before the end, and fire nation poor/shameful status, also my personal score from my best geared Toon (Cleric) going in without party and in permanent Purple Night Dance status, died a lot but also killed a lot, had tons of fun b:laugh.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1863/sanctuaryp.png
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yeah, I do believe that there were some people multi-clienting, but of course that would be normal in other servers as well b:chuckle

I guess the true question is "Which server has the most participants in NW?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea, but do they run all 4 in the instance at the same time? If so then their brain is like a super computer, being able to process that much information successfully at one time. It's like attempting to tw with that many toons at once.

I know someone that routinely runs full Deltas with their own 6 chars, playing each one effectively. Some people are very good at that sort of thing.

Also, you have to keep in mind that PvE servers have a lot of PvE players that would not be in this event. And let's not forget all of the people not on server time. This is no way to tell which server is the biggest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Oltrenatura - Harshlands
    Oltrenatura - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I don't think it is possible to perfectly estimate the server population, because there are plenty of users that won't come to nation wars or they have a char under lvl 60.
    We can only know how many are inside instance.. and if i'm not wrong the first day of nation wars we were about 500ish on HL so is it possible the number raised by double on sunday?
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    all i can say is it was to maby people

it sucks when you have to wait for 20 min to enter a war cause every single attack and defense of your nation is full already
    or full shortly before you arrive

our cleric couldnt enter a war for 30 min straight

hope next friday there is less people again.. lol
    i like potato
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    about 1000 players per server give or take, so how do we have 400k facebook likes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    about 1000 players per server give or take, so how do we have 400k facebook likes?

Magic?
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited November 2012

9 servers, 1k people each = 9k people. 400k facebook likes hmmmmm, simple b:victory.

400k/9k = everyone has 44 alts b:cute