Nation wars

Options
Larkray - Dreamweaver
Larkray - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Nation Wars
So, as some of you may have noticed this time in NW, you may have gotten MUCH less in token reward. This is not, in fact, the result of a nerf like people claim, but actually due to the fact that there were almost 3 times as many participants.

First place obviously gets the most tokens as their reward. Their place is calculated by their nation war participation. How do you get participation you ask? By DEFENDING FLAG BEARERS, AND CAPTURING FLAGS. This is NOT, in fact, a full frontal pvp instance. To get rewards, you must participate in true CTF style.

Lets take Dreamweaver server's participation for example. The exact final number from last week was 817. This week was about 2550. The grand pot was upwards of 75,000 tokens (76,512 i think) but lets use 75k for the ease of math.

75000/800 = average of 94 tokens per person, scaling upwards to first place, and downwards to last place.

75000/2500 = average of 30 tokens per person, also scaling up and down.

So you see? The number of tokens didn't change, just the number of participants. That's why this new instance isn't as broken and destructive as people claim it is. If anything, it's bringing some life back into it.

Anyway, cheers, just figured I'd post the math for some numbskulls who were too dense to understand logistics and averages...
There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"
Proud Level 101 Heavy/Arcane Tanking Fox Venomancer of DW~

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
Post edited by Larkray - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah many people don't understand it's a strategic instance. Also Frost got kind of bone by the 100+ people hanging out in the main base.

I understand the logic behind the contribution system, but it sucks that your entire nation's performance takes such a large part of it. For example, I had 4.5k contribution in Frost (not a lot I know), and got 27 tokens. But individuals in Dark (who won) who got 2.2k contribution got over 50 tokens.

Like I said, I understand the system, but you really get boned if your nation is full of afkers : /
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    69 last time
    64 this time......but theres more than one way to skin a cat......saying no more......
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There were dozens of people in WC going 'THEY NERFED THE TOKENS WE GET! THEY'RE KILLING THE INSTANCE ALREADY'

So just figured I'd post this to clarify for everyone else, Siggy.
    There's more to making a judging than everything being in black and white. The decision making process is a puddle of grays.
    True friends aren't those who would bail you out of jail, they're the one sitting with you in the cell saying, "Well that was fun!"

Family is the people you're with, not the roof over your head. Ty Kindrid for helping me see that again.
  • RudeBwoii - Dreamweaver
    RudeBwoii - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i see... i was wondering what caused the token drop...if i had underperformed from the last 1.... but i guess a drop of 20 coming from 232 is nothing to cry about compared to what others got...... and i guess to get above 200 tokens u need to be in 2 nations and contribute over 9.5k

THIS UPDATE.......
    I LIKE IT!!

EDIT.
    2 NATIONs should e 1 of the top 2 nations
    XxRagaBarbxX ~Barb ~ 82
    RudeBwoii ~archer ~100
    Ragamufinsin ~assassin ~104
    Raggamuffin ~BM ~100
    oOEmeraldOo ~seeker ~81
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There were dozens of people in WC going 'THEY NERFED THE TOKENS WE GET! THEY'RE KILLING THE INSTANCE ALREADY'

So just figured I'd post this to clarify for everyone else, Siggy.

That's really sad that people are just doing it for tokens and not for fun.

Is there anything in this game that gets done just for the fun of it anymore?b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I find this to be pretty fun (being 1-hit fodder for others aside).
    The tokens are just an additional reward for participating for me b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • RudeBwoii - Dreamweaver
    RudeBwoii - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Is there anything in this game that gets done just for the fun of it anymore?b:sad

dont get me wrong.... the instance is hella fun... but the main reason is to farm gears for all my alts asap... but if it wasnt fun i would prolly wright it off like TT or nirvy or lunar
    XxRagaBarbxX ~Barb ~ 82
    RudeBwoii ~archer ~100
    Ragamufinsin ~assassin ~104
    Raggamuffin ~BM ~100
    oOEmeraldOo ~seeker ~81
  • Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver
    Chigenkaiona - Dreamweaver Posts: 756 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I'm doing it for both. I can make g16 daggers now and next week g16 claws. As for +10, that's a whole different issue to worry about in another weeks worth of NW.
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I do it because capture the flag is the only thing I seem to excel in.... 58 captures in todays NW! b:victory

• ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lol I enjoyed the instance immensely, it's just frustrating when you feel like you're one of the few squads carrying your nation through.

And grats larkray, my main job was locking down and distracting the people trying to kill the flag bearer. You'd be surprised how hilarious it is watching 7 people staring at you waiting for your IG to drop while the flag just runs off towards their base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Larkray - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lol I know the feeling, especially when I am immune while moving! Thank you feral while immune to stun, then sprint away leaving people goingb:cry.

I would also lock them down with nova during, they just go, wtfhax! b:angry

• Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Despite being a oneshot by everyone and their grandma due to being level 73 I still kind of had fun. QQ'd a lot at psys for oneshotting me with souls and managed to kill a few people. The 25 supply tokens were just kind of nice afterthoughts
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I absolutely love the new event. Even when my R8 wizzy drops Undine-Blade Tempest on a cleric and her health bar drops about a 64th of an inch (not a charm tick, I know the difference, lol). Thats a real turn and run moment. b:chuckle

Thanks for helping to clarify the scoring.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah, hopefully people will start learning to help your team capture the flag, most of the time tonight I was by myself capturing the flag while most people were derping around killing each other b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    First-timer today I'll admit this is interesting to try out - my only grrrr was the fact that where i respawned people were waiting and with 100HP life on me they felt the need to simply kill anyone spawning there. Come on, dont be like that. That's just cheap play. b:chuckle Other than that little tidbit I'm looking forward to this again!

teehee NOW i finally have a reason to finish my journey of getting my Nix . .muahahaha!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yeah, hopefully people will start learning to help your team capture the flag, most of the time tonight I was by myself capturing the flag while most people were derping around killing each other b:surrender

Yeah I saw you rocking in there a couple times Wangb:laugh

<--Sigums
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Even though I was only able to stay for half of the event (QQ) I never had so much fun, and I had never killed so many sins before b:laugh
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    both times i happened to be on the winnin nation side

(with a very overpowered squad each time)

i did nothing but derping around and scored high enough

funny to see all those failed sin attacks tho
    not sue if they actually kill stuff at all in there

but thats not the point uhh..
    i was expecting a reward of 300something thingies like on friday but got only 125

being in the strongest nation means you spend most of your time waiting and walking unable to enter fights cause they are all full till ur there....

i will wake up in the middle of the night to join angain next monday
    its worth being tired at work xD
    i like potato
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yea I think some people didn't get how to do it yet, I had the flag and someone was attacking me and a barb from my own Nation was walking in cercle around me doing nothing to help me than I die and a sin of my Nation pop out stealth, I think they don't understand that they need to protect and save the person with the flag, especially we cannot use genie so no expel or AD to help us, but anyway it's so much fun. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I had a blast despite being a full R9 barb and getting smacked back 2 times in a row into a tree lol That actually had me crackin up. I went after I believe a Psy knocked me back, stunned, then when i moved, I got knocked back again lol Umm then 4 others on top of me lol. So much fun though. I'm doing this to second and 3rd cast my gear, but man I am having a blast doing it. It was so much fun on friday that I stayed up to play sunday even though it ended at 1:20am and i had to get up for work at 5:30. Last time I got 258 tokens, this time 67. Not a big deal to me. My rl wife is playing it too and helping get coins from it to help recast my R9 so, im not complaining. After we recast my wep, I'll do to to recast her wep and back and forth. It's fun enjoy it.
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Esfandiyar - Dreamweaver
    Esfandiyar - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dont know if u ever played Unreal tournament, CTF(capture The Flag) is one of the main scenarios in that game,since I was playing the game like 12 years ago, I cant remember the scoring method correctly but killing enemy opponents had like 1 point, capturing the flag had like 3 points, killing enemy flag carrier had like 2 points, here in PWI, for sure protecting Flag carrier and killing enemy flag carrier should have special points too.
    sadly members from same nation in each region cant communicate easily, thats why they dont work like a prefect team.
    but yet it is the best update ever, I love it when enemy flag carrier walk to there base entrance freely, where Im waiting in stealth to drop the flag with a deadly arrowb:victory
    Victorious warriors win first then go to war,while defeated warriors go to war first then seek to win.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I dont know if u ever played Unreal tournament, CTF(capture The Flag) is one of the main scenarios in that game,since I was playing the game like 12 years ago, I cant remember the scoring method correctly but killing enemy opponents had like 1 point, capturing the flag had like 3 points, killing enemy flag carrier had like 2 points, here in PWI, for sure protecting Flag carrier and killing enemy flag carrier should have special points too.
    sadly members from same nation in each region cant communicate easily, thats why they dont work like a prefect team.
    but yet it is the best update ever, I love it when enemy flag carrier walk to there base entrance freely, where Im waiting in stealth to drop the flag with a deadly arrowb:victory

hell yea ! was my 1st idea too... omg new UT CTF rofl b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear
    Mr_Swiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 879 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

I used to be addicted to UR Tourney
    R9s3 Beast w/Demon Facepalm
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

If I could find my team's flag runner, I tried to stick by them (*tried* because usually they were moving quite faster me and I couldn't quite keep up). If I couldn't find them, I just went click happy looking for people with less than full health bars and healed them until the opposite team finally noticed me and killed me. Luckily, my HP is quite low, so the charm ticks didn't make nearly as much of a dent into my charm as they would have if I had been on my main.b:chuckle

One lesson I did learn: I need to get some faster wings, and find a way to hax my veno's summer sprint to my cleric.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Yea I think some people didn't get how to do it yet, I had the flag and someone was attacking me and a barb from my own Nation was walking in cercle around me doing nothing to help me than I die and a sin of my Nation pop out stealth, I think they don't understand that they need to protect and save the person with the flag, especially we cannot use genie so no expel or AD to help us, but anyway it's so much fun. :)

I know right. When I picked the flag I was kinda alone half of the way, then few nation members joined and I was always tabbing to see if there's any enemies around. Apparently others didn't do that or they just didn't think of killing or at least distracting them. I resisted few stealth attacks, but as more enemies came I eventually died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • lordmot
    lordmot Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I had my support team rofling when my wizzy would grab the flag and slow run for 10 seconds, blink 30 meters, slow run for 10 seconds, blink 30 meters,... the whole way to the dropoff point.
    There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.b:chuckle
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I got about 4k more personal contribution this time around after understanding how it worked after the first time and making sure I wasn't going into battles where it was me vs 20 others...

Spent about half an hour at one stage getting into a fight as all battles filled up before I got there. Managed to get the flag over around 11 times - weapon with purify spell is rather op in there, the more you are ganked the more you get free holypath to get you to the end b:thanks

There does need to be more protection for the flag carrier as often they are left all alone while people are busy killing for the hell of it but otherwise a very good event that for me is a lot of fun.
  • Wendigo - Momaganon
    Wendigo - Momaganon Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    i like this update, this even better then all of event till game arrived like 7 years ago or so.
    its *** the difference beetwen CSers vs cassual players and i think its good. anyway i play on pve server, im always white named coz i like pvp/pk, the only reason i play here is timezone / tws. in our server there is not such of pk action, guildpatrol or so.
    so this event is the best for me, for pvp, also from fps games i like CTF. so keep going pw-cn dev ^^

rewards from last weekend
    friday personal contri: ~8.1k in winner nation
    reward: 498 tokens
    yesterday personal contri: ~14k+ in 3rd nation
    reward 249 token
    as barb, played capturer
  • Staryu - Dreamweaver
    Staryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    There does need to be more protection for the flag carrier as often they are left all alone while people are busy killing for the hell of it but otherwise a very good event that for me is a lot of fun.

Flag actually buffs you. I noticed my hp went up to 13k from 11k whenever I carried the flag. Not sure about defenses though.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    our server had a bunch of tards' just PKing around in the middle while the flag bearer was left unattended dying. -.-;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan