Still having REAL fun?

Saiikuro - Heavens Tear
Saiikuro - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
edited November 2012 in General Discussion
The joy is long gone, people have become zombies, farm farm farm, get new gear and after they release even better gear, so yet again farm, would be interesting to do a poll and see how many people still have real fun in this game!

b:bye as seen above, how many people are still having real fun in the game? Just out of curiosity lol.

I myself still have fun because i want to :) i have friends who play so its not a big deal. I dont cash shop other than the occasional xmas or birthday present for a flyer or a bit of fash. But thats about it. ^.^
What about everyone else?
Post edited by Saiikuro - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like you, I'm having fun too. Got lots of friends, lots of chars to relax with, and fun events to do. I'm not trying to be the best, or the first, or anything stressful. b:laugh I'm just enjoying the game. There are things that have changed recently I'm not too pleased with, but there are alternatives to keep me occupied.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Call it QQ if you want, but it's my honest opinion...

Prior to this update (not mentioning specific reasons, but anyone who has seen any of my other posts will know) I had lots of fun due to having many goals. The update removed 90% of those goals, or at least the real sense of accomplishment from achieving them and that's the whole reason I play games (MMOs in particular).

Let's keep this thread on topic so that it doesn't get merged into the other thread since it's a legitimate question.
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Sorry but being a farmer and having 500mil worth of mats go poff, aswell as many friends and reasons (goals) to be online, i dont say I have much fun. Getting one year of work farming my r9 just to have people who are too lazy or basically rarely play get close to equal in a night is a bummer. Without further QQing, that removed my fun in the game. Friends who remain are on late in my timezone..and im not much of a socializer tbh, only with a chosen few. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Reaperarm - Harshlands
    Reaperarm - Harshlands Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Definitly yes but not because pwe makes the fun for me. Only people who allow themselves to get sucked into that keepin up with the jones farming cycle don't have fun. You gotta make the fun for yourself pw just gives you the environment to do so in.
    If you find yourself hopelessly pulled towards running into massive amounts of mobs in a vain attempt to aoe them all to death.......You just might be a bm.
  • Saiikuro - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    yes im not happy about the changes they recently made, but ill figure somehting else out. maybe ill stop making new chars and get one of them to 80 xD ive got a 70, two 66, a 41, a 30 and a 52 lol. i get bored and make new ones. but i will find something else to do! i like to sit and watch WC too xD some amusing fights and people on there some days lol.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nations wars and TWs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • KeKeLeLe - Archosaur
    KeKeLeLe - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some new quests and I actually turned into a turtle b:laugh
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    nv was not fun for me and i been here since game started and a year prior to pwi starting in pw_my.

no as a barb it was stressfull anoying as all who could make coin was 90% nv with either 5aps or magic toon.

i am neither so i was on the ****ed up part but now with NW i have fun and i can get the gear without losing as i dont wear claws.

so yeah i am having fun.
  • SpiritDivine - Sanctuary
    SpiritDivine - Sanctuary Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People like Zanir and Accalica are trying their best to try and take the fun out of the game for everyone else but ive had lots of fun despite people like them. There are not alot of them but they are making a ton of noise wich is annoying for everyone else.

Still ive had a lot of fun both playing and talking to people in game. I even enjoyed the Nation Wars even if i usually dont like PvP. Tomorrow i am hoping for some great warsong runs.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The majority of my friend list have already quit, it`s lucky if you see several people online, at least I`m in a nice and small/close faction (today was funny, every single person of my black list was on, and it`s full). Having played for several years it gets boring after a while and the game becomes dull, like all mmos` they require a lot of time in order to be competitive among other players, this is the reason why I don` t start playing a new one.

It`s late I`m sleepy and waiting for NW so I will be short, basically you can see all my rants in general discussion. b:tired
  • Zanir - Lothranis
    Zanir - Lothranis Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    People like Zanir and Accalica are trying their best to try and take the fun out of the game for everyone else but ive had lots of fun despite people like them. There are not alot of them but they are making a ton of noise wich is annoying for everyone else.

Still ive had a lot of fun both playing and talking to people in game. I even enjoyed the Nation Wars even if i usually dont like PvP. Tomorrow i am hoping for some great warsong runs.

Let's not attack people directly, thanks. I stated my personal opinion, that's what was asked, state yours and leave it at that, leave names out of it.

I'm not trying to take the fun out of anything for anyone, I'm simply stating facts as I see them.

Again, let's keep any discussion of Nations Wars (aside from it being fun or not) out of this thread and in the thread that it belongs in.
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The majority of my friend list have already quit, it`s lucky if you see several people online, at least I`m in a nice and small/close faction (today was funny, every single person of my black list was on, and it`s full). Having played for several years it gets boring after a while and the game becomes dull, like all mmos` they require a lot of time in order to be competitive among other players, this is the reason why I don` t start playing a new one.

It`s late I`m sleepy and waiting for NW so I will be short, basically you can see all my rants in general discussion. b:tired

Your blacklist wasnt all on, they just udapted it so it shows names of everyone on your blacklist now. I keep replacing my friends list, people come and go, or change, but ive always had friends in here, and thats what keeps me going. Also, i feel for the people who farmed their gear, but they at least got it before this, and had it before. This will balance the game back out. I remember times when everyones gear was npc, or tt green, and everything was easy and fun, times like this could come back now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KeKeLeLe - Archosaur
    KeKeLeLe - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Your blacklist wasnt all on, they just udapted it so it shows names of everyone on your blacklist now. I keep replacing my friends list, people come and go, or change, but ive always had friends in here, and thats what keeps me going. Also, i feel for the people who farmed their gear, but they at least got it before this, and had it before. This will balance the game back out. I remember times when everyones gear was npc, or tt green, and everything was easy and fun, times like this could come back now

Off topic but, does that mean if players with no name but only numbers have deleted their accounts? I have some like that in my BL.
  • Saiikuro - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2012
    Let's not attack people directly, thanks. I stated my personal opinion, that's what was asked, state yours and leave it at that, leave names out of it.
    This. please respect eachother at least a little? b:surrender I have farmed all the cool gear any of my characters have, or the coin to buy it from the AH. So i feel for the people who farmed their super smexy gear that you can basically buy now. To each their own :)
  • rainbowgrey
    rainbowgrey Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yes, i have fun because I quited year ago and now enjoy other games!
    If you ask me why I'm still here, its because forum community is better than the game, lol.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Forum Community is great and so many intelligent ppl around with good thoughts, trying to make a better tomorrow for everyone playing this game, And yes the real fun have gone for me (but that's just me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • _Shui - Harshlands
    _Shui - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nation Wars & TW are the best and most fun things to me in PWI to which I can hardly take part of due to not being from US -.-
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nation Wars & TW are the best and most fun things to me in PWI to which I can hardly take part of due to not being from US -.-

I can't reply "yes" or "no".

I don't like PvP, so this expansion is useless for me.

From other side ...

I had made something for my level 79 Wizard during weekend:
    raised HP to 3515,
    completed some quests.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have fun playing because of my friends, my goals, and my subscribers. It keeps me going, as well as the PWI community.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like you, I'm having fun too. Got lots of friends, lots of chars to relax with, and fun events to do. I'm not trying to be the best, or the first, or anything stressful. b:laugh I'm just enjoying the game. There are things that have changed recently I'm not too pleased with, but there are alternatives to keep me occupied.

I'm with Jer on this one. Another reason is that I simply don't want to join a new MMO. I honestly can't afford paying for a new one (be it pay-to-play or one-time-pay)because my college fees are high and I just don't feel like starting all over and everything. I could drag a friend or two but..still not the same b:surrender So I set goals to myself and find fun stuff to do myself.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I still have fun because...I don't make the game my life. I don't take pixels in a virtual world seriously. I don't care about having the best gear, or weapons. I don't care about changes in the game mechanics, I just adapt to them. It's a game. I don't care about amassing a fortune in pixellated coins that in the real world have no value.

I enjoy questing, and making friends with people around the world of different backgrounds, culture, ages; rich, poor, students, male, or female. People that without the internet or a common enjoyment of gaming, I would not otherwise meet.

I enjoy squading with members of the factions I am in. I enjoy helping those lower level than me, that are appreciative, and on the flipside I am appreciative of those that help me. I enjoy the immersion aspect of MMOs, and the art that goes into them. PWI may not be worldly in the graphics area, but what it lacks, it makes up for in what it does right.

But, I am also an adult, with a hectic job, and work long hours, so when I enter the game, no matter the changes that have been made, it sure as Hell beats a long 12+ hour day at work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    No fun for me now, you turned the only half decent PVE MMORPG left, into a clone Arcade Shooter game much like the other games in PWEs stable, the ones I rejected to play, due to enforced PvP in the first place.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Mr_SilverWan - Raging Tide
    Mr_SilverWan - Raging Tide Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    DQ items have been reduced on their NPC's sell price...

Real Issue is if I have a char 100 all DQ will cost 1 coin, no matter the lvl, the char, or the server, so you are limiting the game to just one char and one server.

i.e. my char lvl 60 in raging tides is affecting my other lvl 1-15 chars in other servers since the dq price is for dq items from 21-51 at 1 coins, while only 61 have their original price...

this makes me...

- playing only one char in one server, cause the rest get that lousy NPC price over dq items
    - retreat from spending using my CC to other servers, since only one char can get money from DQ items
    -wanting to quit game, and just doing the school attendance for that mount

In order to solve such thing then make the the DQ items bound to that account in that server, and stackable for 1000 not just a 100. Or just create an interserver DQ items transfer stone and money, since only one high lvl char will collect money or do the DQ quests.

Well this release is full of disgusting issues, I DON'T LIKE IT... most probably I will play something else till your next release. You really made me withhold my money from being spent in this company.
  • gnawcatshop
    gnawcatshop Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yesterday I went through all three of my accounts, each character ran through whatever city they were in dropping everything. I dropped mounts, flyers, lvl 70+ gear, mirage stones, mats,fashions,etc etc. When I had dropped everything a character had, I set that character to be deleted. I have no more reason to come to this game and I wanted to make sure I am never tempted to come back just because my toon had such nice gear.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I still have fun because...I don't make the game my life. I don't take pixels in a virtual world seriously. I don't care about having the best gear, or weapons. I don't care about changes in the game mechanics, I just adapt to them. It's a game. I don't care about amassing a fortune in pixellated coins that in the real world have no value.

I enjoy questing, and making friends with people around the world of different backgrounds, culture, ages; rich, poor, students, male, or female. People that without the internet or a common enjoyment of gaming, I would not otherwise meet.

I enjoy squading with members of the factions I am in. I enjoy helping those lower level than me, that are appreciative, and on the flipside I am appreciative of those that help me. I enjoy the immersion aspect of MMOs, and the art that goes into them. PWI may not be worldly in the graphics area, but what it lacks, it makes up for in what it does right.

But, I am also an adult, with a hectic job, and work long hours, so when I enter the game, no matter the changes that have been made, it sure as Hell beats a long 12+ hour day at work.

+1 90% of the people crying are the ones who sat in NV and farmed all day long. I can't CS which would of been the only way for me to get NV since im not 5.0 or a sin :/ I spent over 2 hours one day trying to find a sqaud. I love the new up day as now i can get NV, plus NW is a great event so im loving the game atm
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yesterday I went through all three of my accounts, each character ran through whatever city they were in dropping everything. I dropped mounts, flyers, lvl 70+ gear, mirage stones, mats,fashions,etc etc. When I had dropped everything a character had, I set that character to be deleted. I have no more reason to come to this game and I wanted to make sure I am never tempted to come back just because my toon had such nice gear.

LOL, this is just what I've been thinking of doing. I have a half dozen high-lvl
    chars & started to think seriously of doing this a couple of weeks ago. I
    still haven't been able to make myself do it yet, but I believe I'll get to that
    point pretty soon. Just go around dropping stuff--or giving it away--then
    delete the chars.

It's not because of the new expansion either--not qq'ing or ragequitting
    because of that. I've just gotten tired of the game in general. I had my
    fun 3+ years ago. Now PWI has become all about acquiring STUFF, and that's
    really not my thing.

So, to answer the original question--I guess, no, I'm not having real fun.
    But I don't regret playing PWI. When I started 3+ years ago, I had a
    BLAST! omg, some of the most fun times ever, no kidding. So for that
    it's been a worthwhile run all told. The game has just moved to a place
    I don't feel comfortable in anymore. But, hey! that's life, lol.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    ponyduck wrote: »
    LOL, this is just what I've been thinking of doing. I have a half dozen high-lvl
    chars & started to think seriously of doing this a couple of weeks ago. I
    still haven't been able to make myself do it yet, but I believe I'll get to that
    point pretty soon. Just go around dropping stuff--or giving it away--then
    delete the chars.

It's not because of the new expansion either--not qq'ing or ragequitting
    because of that. I've just gotten tired of the game in general. I had my
    fun 3+ years ago. Now PWI has become all about acquiring STUFF, and that's
    really not my thing.

So, to answer the original question--I guess, no, I'm not having real fun.
    But I don't regret playing PWI. When I started 3+ years ago, I had a
    BLAST! omg, some of the most fun times ever, no kidding. So for that
    it's been a worthwhile run all told. The game has just moved to a place
    I don't feel comfortable in anymore. But, hey! that's life, lol.

I have personally thought of doing this in the last few days. As someone who pves, theres not really a whole lot left for me to try to accomplish since things to strive for in game now requires you to pvp.

Atm, im merching out the rest of my inventory, which will take a few weeks or longer as i have stuff stored on 14 alts to sell off. I will probably do my dailys and maybe delta since its my fav instance during this time. Once my invo has been merch'ed i will decide whether or not to uninstall, but i cant say atm that i will change my mind unless things are changed to allow pve'rs access to end game items that are now required to pvp for.

I had hoped i would at least be able to get my main to 105 before things got to bad. 104/5.6% with no hypers, no pv and no fc was an accomplishment in itself to me.

It was a nice ride while it lasted. r.i.p pwi, you were an awesome game in the beginning.
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I play for fun, I change toons daily but still have fun :).
  • MetzliDemon - Harshlands
    MetzliDemon - Harshlands Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2012

This is my spirit in the game :)
    Not trying desesperately to be the best with the best armor or best gear... Of course, I've been working on PWI to get money for new gear but that's not all in the game. My friends are a big part of my world b:cute
    MetzliDemon - 102 Celestial Demon Assassin f:grin
    AmyDemon - 96 Demon Cleric
    ShekmetDemon - 81 Venomancer
    MictianDemon - 68 Blademaster
    HecateDemon - 60 Mystic
    AhrinamDemon - 50 Psychic
    AliahDemon - 24 Seeker
    And there's a 75 Barbarian too! f:cute
  • BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I was so looking forward to this new expansion, thinking that i would be able to join in. because of the server i was on, i guess that's out of the window for sure unless some miracle happens & PWI actually give a dual time for people to play but we all know there is as much chance of that happening as me getting 2 Scroll of Tomes one after another from 2 packs