Mystic vs. Psychic.

Options
ClamBurger - Heavens Tear
ClamBurger - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
edited November 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
So everyone calls Mystic a mana burner well so far I'm 25 with 110 magic and 16 str, I don't see the mana burning only when I have to heal myself or the pet than I burn mana. I am killing stuff fairly fast, I send my pet to attack one monster and I attack another, sometimes I throw a plant down to do damage with me since my pet hits pretty fast. However..

I keep hearing that Psychic is a better class, kill faster, less mana, more damage and such.

So when it comes down to it which of these classes ..

Uses the least amount of pots?
Kills fastest?
Best solo abilities/survivability?
Can make the most money?
Level fastest/grind fastest?
Most useful?
TW?
PK?
PVE?

I seen a 9x mystic the other day 1-2 shotting 9x Assassins, he had a total of -14 or 18 chant so he basically was throwing spelling down really fast to.

But what do you guys think?
Post edited by ClamBurger - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So everyone calls Mystic a mana burner well so far I'm 25 with 110 magic and 16 str, I don't see the mana burning only when I have to heal myself or the pet than I burn mana. I am killing stuff fairly fast, I send my pet to attack one monster and I attack another, sometimes I throw a plant down to do damage with me since my pet hits pretty fast. However..

I keep hearing that Psychic is a better class, kill faster, less mana, more damage and such.

So when it comes down to it which of these classes ..

Uses the least amount of pots?
    Kills fastest?
    Best solo abilities/survivability?
    Can make the most money?
    Level fastest/grind fastest?
    Most useful?
    TW?
    PK?
    PVE?

I seen a 9x mystic the other day 1-2 shotting 9x Assassins, he had a total of -14 or 18 chant so he basically was throwing spelling down really fast to.

But what do you guys think?

Psy have really good damage that will shine when they are at high levels. Mystics are a good to play since early lvls. They will not burn much mana at beggining like psy but as higher the skill go more it comes the cost. a lvl 10 Rez will cost you 2600 mana.

Psy will use less pots at higher levels then mystics
    Psy will probably kill not faster but with less casting skills, a high lvl mystics can cast skills pretty fast but not as high damage then Psy.
    Mystics will survive more, they have more def buffs, self helf, rez, summons etc.
    Mystics will probably make more money since you can do more grinding and more soloing with them.
    Mystics are pretty easy to level, I have no problem lvling mine.. IJS
    More usefull in squad? again Mystics...Rez buff, heal, DD, debuffs, etc, while Psy is pretty much DD.
    In TW Mystics are good but Psy are better for their huge AOE damage.
    In PK...well there is a reason why nobody likes to attack a Psy....their defenses are awesome and damage is great.
    PVE I think both are good to play, I see more opportunities for mystics to get in squads tho
  • ClamBurger - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well I like Mystic so far, I mean I'm not too worried on mana burning it just seemed as if everyone was making a big deal out of it. I'm pure mage atm, it's working good. I just don't know if I wanna stick with Mystic or go Psych, I haven't made it far in levels really but so far it's tons of fun. Heal, kite, use pet etc.

I don't think I'll be leveling rez and stuff, I only level up certain things high, I get everything at least to level 1 but majority I don't level.

Thanks for the reply and a well written one.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Mana burn gets pretty bad when you start giving mana to your pets. You don't really need to when you're grinding, but in instances it's expected. And oh dear god, the mana burn on Salvation is so brutal. lol
    The mana burn isn't too bad once you have the level 75 pots, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • ClamBurger - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I just feel as if people over exaggerated it, I mean I expected the mana give to pets to be a burn and a half. But killing wise it's not bad unless I gotta heal or summon a pet.

I also don't understand how to use them in instances yet but I will learn :P
  • krumslithroat
    krumslithroat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No. Mystics really do burn a lot of mana. I have a 50+ mystic and boy i takes ****load of pots to be able to multitask from summoner/healer/DD.. At low
    To mid levels focusing on 1 role will work and save you mana but youl be slower. I suggest leveling with a DD char and act as support until
    You are high level and have good gears and mana pool to
    Make
    Things a lot easier. One good
    Thing about being able to multitask is that you can take on solo some not so
    Strong bosses at your level and makes mana burning quite reasonable.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Necro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    No. Mystics really do burn a lot of mana. I have a 50+ mystic and boy i takes ****load of pots to be able to multitask from summoner/healer/DD.. At low
    To mid levels focusing on 1 role will work and save you mana but youl be slower. I suggest leveling with a DD char and act as support until
    You are high level and have good gears and mana pool to
    Make
    Things a lot easier. One good
    Thing about being able to multitask is that you can take on solo some not so
    Strong bosses at your level and makes mana burning quite reasonable.

For the love of god, learn when to use the Enter key and when not to. b:sad
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Still a necro. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Please do not post in threads whose last post is more than 30 days ago. This is called a necro, and it is against forum policy

-closed for necro-

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.