Main Discussion about NW pricing and effect on game

Comments

• Soooooooos - Sanctuary
    Soooooooos - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got 247 tokens, sold 300 cannies (equal 60 tokens) at 120k and got 36m, bougth gold with that and now im Tailor and Backsmith lvl8 and i still have 187 to make raps, cannies or just sell them (if i sell them again at 120k ) and get 112m more. I can understand someone who payed a lot of real money for something that lost value really fast, but i just cant understand the no-catshopers that dont realize this is good for them. Yes its rigth, now u get less profit doing nirvy to farm raps and cannies, but instead of that now u can get much more doing something much more funny!!!!!!!!! Even if u arent the strongest player and many people 1-hit u in pvp u can still have fun and in this even u get a price with just a bit of participitation (u dont even have to kill a single player and still have profit).

I basically runout of crabs in less than 1 hour, have no charm nor squad to get someone to heal me, i was runing around with something like 700 to 1khp till someone target me and kill me and still have fun and profit lol.

+1000000000000000 b:kiss
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    lol i would seriously 'lol' if i saw u in NW on tht cleric :P

Sunday 8:20 pm server time...

I'm gonna do it!

She just got a makeover yesterday, so I'm pretty sure no one knows what she looks like atm. b:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just some last thoughts before I go looking around for a new game to play between the 1 hour of dailys every 24 hours in PWI.

Anyone one who thinks losing 30% of your customers instantly is a win, Has to be the type who will be sitting smiling behind the desk and thinking how clever they were, right until the moment they get the pink slip they so deserve.

Watching of one of the first nation wars videos I burst into laughter when i realised the guys in vent were yawning already, says it all I think.
    b:chuckle
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Uriah - Raging Tide
    Uriah - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I already quit playing this game. And before some troll asks "Why are you still on the forums then?" I still have friends I keep up with on PWI. NW is pretty much a rip of a much bigger, more epic event on the new game I play. I don't know the specifics of NW, but if it is like everything else implemented in this game over the last few years, the devs only took one thing into account. Quick profit. This game has been gutted of its original content. Drops have been nerfed in instances, the coin sink is not balanced by in-game profit whatsoever, and the maintenance on characters is expensive enough to keep most players from being able to save up any coin. PvP is totally unbalanced now. PvE farming is broken because most people are expected to already have the gear they need to farm before they are accepted into squads. I do agree that if you're not happy playing the game, you shouldn't waste your time on here QQing about it. Do what I did and move on to a newer, better game that is based upon player skill, and not upon who can dump a couple of grand into it.
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Another good reason why endgame is very pointless and a lot of confusion. Instead of fixing the game properly, the game got even more broken. Me having to deal with clowns that act like 8-16 y/os (maybe they are that age) that wastes their own parents' money on a video game in order to get R9 instantly would not be possible for me to participate in. This event only benefits R9 users for the event, unless they are brain dead, R9 3rd cast rules PWI above R9. Don't give me that non-R9 people can beat R9 people, that is very false unless the R9 user plays like he/she is AFK/have no idea what in the world they are doing. I have seen R8+5 users having trouble beating AFK R9+12 full JOSD users... If you're not R9+12 with JOSD or DOTs, you're screwed. Don't even start with the numbers BS, not like an army of R9+12 would be going stampede style on others either.

I wish this happened sooner for the raps and cannies to be that cheap, because I bought enough raps and cannies for a full G15 nirvana set and I haven't even leveled to 89 to become on my barb and veno yet, I now regret spending that much but whatever, it was not much of a loss to me at all, but hey I dislike nirvana anyway from the way it looks is too boring anyway. Besides, Nirvana seems very soloable without buffs on anyway. However, I'm not into MMORPG PVPing, it sucks and ends in like 2 seconds anyway. Group against group sounds like a wimpy thing to me, nothing but gang bang as it sounds.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Don't give me that non-R9 people can beat R9 people, that is very false unless the R9 user plays like he/she is AFK/have no idea what in the world they are doing. I have seen R8+5 users having trouble beating AFK R9+12 full JOSD users... If you're not R9+12 with JOSD or DOTs, you're screwed. Don't even start with the numbers BS, not like an army of R9+12 would be going stampede style on others either.

Trying to take this argument seriously, I really am but I guess I cant but fail at it =(.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    mm2000 wrote: »
    Me having to deal with clowns that act like 8-16 y/os (maybe they are that age) that wastes their own parents' money on a video game in order to get R9 instantly

This again?

Most of the people in the game who CS'ed their R9 are working adults who have more disposable income than they do free time. I have yet to meet a single player with CS'ed R9 who was actually a child and purchased it with their parents' money. Sure, some of them may act like kids, but all the ones I know of are adults.

I'm not directing this at you personally, but in general, when I see people complain about "kids wasting their parents' money on R9" what I'm actually reading it "I'm jealous because they could afford to buy it and I can't".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    They hadnt crushed anything u could go there all the times u want, u just will have less profit than u use to get. Is funny talking about everyone else are the one **** up meanwhile u ignore the fact that they hadnt remove ANY pve stuff, they just add another instance that if instead of comaplaining about u should play it u could have fun.

I play in a PVE server with no intention on making a char in a PVP server in my whole life and i still love the event, not only because of the profit that (i do cs a bit but not much) was really nice, but also because it was just good fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have no clue about u guys complaining but i do play to have fun.

Uh yeah I could go still go there and waste 30 minutes to get about 2/10 what I used to get.Its not crushed at all,its still there,just worthless,makes perfectly sense.

You're talking like it was necessary to destroy a PvE instance to make a PvP fun event, as it was necessary for those tokens to be tradable with drops of a PvE instance,as it was bound to happen = New PvP event = Old PvE instance worthless ,but Its just me that don't see any logic relation on these 2 things?, they could had give different rewards without making a PvE instance rubbish,but off course,some people find it perfectly logic.

And you're talking like I don't have any fun from doing Nirvana,maybe its true or maybe some people just find fun to PvE instead of PvP,but again,yeah, PvP=Pros -- PvE=Nubs that should shuddap, thanks for the discrimination.

Now let's convert all PvE server into PvP server, because someone stated that PvP fun its better than PvE fun,let's do this, PvP rule, PvE'ers go dig a hole and bury themselves there.

I bet 100 bucks that in a few months people will realize how screwed up this whole thing is, and they'll start complaining too, but off course, everyone takes his time to figure up things.
    Enjoy your PvP event till its new and fun, once the majority of R9 will get R9r3 your cheap giveaway G16 Nirvana will be rubbish and you'll get 1-shooted the whole time,and you will demand a new PvE Nirvana instance and new gear to catch up with cash shoppers,have fun!
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Uh yeah I could go still go there and waste 30 minutes to get about 2/10 what I used to get.Its not crushed at all,its still there,just worthless,makes perfectly sense.

You're talking like it was necessary to destroy a PvE instance to make a PvP fun event, as it was necessary for those tokens to be tradable with drops of a PvE instance,as it was bound to happen = New PvP event = Old PvE instance worthless ,but Its just me that don't see any logic relation on these 2 things?, they could had give different rewards without making a PvE instance rubbish,but off course,some people find it perfectly logic.

And you're talking like I don't have any fun from doing Nirvana,maybe its true or maybe some people just find fun to PvE instead of PvP,but again,yeah, PvP=Pros -- PvE=Nubs that should shuddap, thanks for the discrimination.

Now let's convert all PvE server into PvP server, because someone stated that PvP fun its better than PvE fun,let's do this, PvP rule, PvE'ers go dig a hole and bury themselves there.

I bet 100 bucks that in a few months people will realize how screwed up this whole thing is, and they'll start complaining too, but off course, everyone takes his time to figure up things.
    Enjoy your PvP event till its new and fun, once the majority of R9 will get R9r3 your cheap giveaway G16 Nirvana will be rubbish and you'll get 1-shooted the whole time,and you will demand a new PvE Nirvana instance and new gear to catch up with cash shoppers,have fun!

Great post thank you +1000
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited November 2012

WTS math lessons.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    WTS math lessons.

Want to give away,
    Lessons in game mechanics of player bases.
    http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm

Again note the section marked Overbalancing a MUD (Multi User Dungeon).
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I got 247 tokens, sold 300 cannies (equal 60 tokens) at 120k and got 36m, bougth gold with that and now im Tailor and Backsmith lvl8 and i still have 187 to make raps, cannies or just sell them (if i sell them again at 120k ) and get 112m more. I can understand someone who payed a lot of real money for something that lost value really fast, but i just cant understand the no-catshopers that dont realize this is good for them. Yes its rigth, now u get less profit doing nirvy to farm raps and cannies, but instead of that now u can get much more doing something much more funny!!!!!!!!! Even if u arent the strongest player and many people 1-hit u in pvp u can still have fun and in this even u get a price with just a bit of participitation (u dont even have to kill a single player and still have profit).

I basically runout of crabs in less than 1 hour, have no charm nor squad to get someone to heal me, i was runing around with something like 700 to 1khp till someone target me and kill me and still have fun and profit lol.

Inb4 Gold prices soar to 2 Mill+
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I dont Know why u guys QQing about it

Because 80% can't participate because it's a timed event and only get all the downside effects of this event (in short apo/charms/crabs going up and all their income sources being obsolete). Imbalance between classes is turned in imbalance between geographic location of players. Game should be renamed from Perfect World International to Nation Wars America.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just some last thoughts before I go looking around for a new game to play between the 1 hour of dailys every 24 hours in PWI.

Anyone one who thinks losing 30% of your customers instantly is a win, Has to be the type who will be sitting smiling behind the desk and thinking how clever they were, right until the moment they get the pink slip they so deserve.

Watching of one of the first nation wars videos I burst into laughter when i realised the guys in vent were yawning already, says it all I think.
    b:chuckle

Not that I don't understand your side of the debate because I really do. But it would be remiss of me not to point out that that last sentence in your post hurts your overall argument in that it comes across as a giant dump of SOUR GRAPES. ijs
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nation Wars America.

I love this.

The reason that I'm bothered about this expansion is because I spent so much time farming (Though I admit I did spend some money too) a full set of G15 on my seeker, which I completed just over a month ago. Now, all someone needs to do is enter their character in a 2 hour event (that is at 4am for me) and they can fully deck them out in G15 gear. I had set G15 as a goal ingame, and I'd considered it somewhat of an achievement. Now that's been taken away and we have people who are running around in a full set of G15, sharded with flawless shards or something, and poorly refined, under the delusion that they're now 'on par' with the R9 'CSrs' (Or 'merchants', though I feel inclined not to use that phrase, as I now hear it so often and so flippantly that it's become almost a meme; something that people who have bought their gear will often say to spare the embarrassment of spending the cost of a small car on their gear).

What people don't realise is that it isn't the gear that's overpowered. It's sharding, refine level, and atk/def level complects. All this expansion has done is remove a considerable side of the PVE aspect from the game, from the difficulty of instances, to the farming of gear itself, while still providing the highly refined and sharded R9 players with an even more ridiculous gear set, preserving their advantage over the rest of the playerbase.

Additionally, within a few weeks, G15 will simply replace R8 as a minimum gear requirement for squads. People will be overgeared for PVE, and will therefore have no incentive to gear up. To everyone who reaped the rewards of Friday's nation war, please tell me, what do you plan to do with your shiny new gear? Stand AFK? TW with it, only to be stomped by 3rd cast r9 players? Or just carry on doing your dailies slightly faster? The only endgame instances now left worth farming for profit are HH 3-1 - 3-3 and Full Warsong, the first being unsoloable unless you already have extremely powerful gear, and the latter being impossible without a squad, which defeats the point of trying to profit from it.

Whether I keep playing this game depends on how the GMs respond to it. I honestly believe that the rapture/uncanny formula was a mistake, and that the devs forgot about the GM logo shown in the original PWCN recipe.

Soooooooos does that answer your question?

TL:DR - game is dead.
    /QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Game should be renamed from Perfect World International to Nation Wars America.

I can't believe this still has to be explained after four years, but international =/= global. It's named PWI because this version was made specifically (at the time) for the continents of North and South America. Anyone else who's able to play can thank PWE for not resorting to region locking via IP address like the other versions do. Has it since then been including Europe in considerations such as specific servers for them after the failed attempt at launching a completely separate European version? Yes. But it still does not change the fact this game is based in California and all events are set to 8PM Pacific time. For someone who lives three hours ahead of that on the east coast, I sympathize with the sucktastic start times for events. I'd rather be doing other things than sitting in TW from 11PM-2AM, but it's something I live with if I want to be able to go to TW. The times for me to go to NW are just as inhospitable at 11:20PM-1:20AM, so it's something I also deal with. I realize that NW on Sunday nights makes it particularly hard for European and Australian players since it's already Monday there, but it's a real barrel of suck for those of us on the Atlantic side of the Americas as well. So it's not just you guys on the other side of the globe who gets a raw deal all of the time. Heck, I have friends who live all over the US and Canada who can't ever make TW or any other event because they work at night and are usually sleeping before work, are on their way to work, or at work whenever we have these events. What I'd like to see, in an ideal world, is NW several more times throughout the week to have it at times convenient for everyone, but such a thing isn't realistic because we have players all over the globe and there would still be QQ over why x time zone got NW at 8PM for them but x time zone didn't.

b:shocked That came out a lot longer than I expected. b:chuckle

Edit: Good morning, Terra! :D
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Give me a PvE version of it to run and I'll be happy too.

I joined a PvE server for a reason. So I'm stuck buying mats now. Why should I be happy?

And they should at least make the second run (Sunday's) mid-day so that every timezone gets a shot at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Not that I don't understand your side of the debate because I really do. But it would be remiss of me not to point out that that last sentence in your post hurts your overall argument in that it comes across as a giant dump of SOUR GRAPES. ijs

DUUUH
    I am not happy, Sour Grapes b:laugh
    Then read my post number 784 in this thread before you place foot deeper into your darkest deepest black hole. b:laugh
    How is that for Sour Grapes b:chuckle
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    edited November 2012
    Want to give away,
    Lessons in game mechanics of player bases.
    http://www.mud.co.uk/richard/hcds.htm

Again note the section marked Overbalancing a MUD (Multi User Dungeon).

Im not gonna even skim that, seems like seriously boring read. And in it`s essence I could write research on whatever I wished, it`s quality on other hand might be debatable depending on subject. If either of you had done any math, you would know that difference between N3 and R93rd cast is relatively less than it was between R8/TT99 and R9. I should bother with math but I suspect gap between N2 and R9 is larger than between R93rd cast and N3.

The change isnt w/o flaws but its better than keeping nirvy stuff as it was. It was ridiculously difficult fo farm, well not really difficult but to actually farm full set would require ridiculous amounts of keys and time. It was aimed towards hardcore farmers and needed to be changed. Not to forget how poorly thought instance Nirvana is, they had to make casters version just to generate some balance to farming income in the perfect world of Nirvana. For newer/readjusted instances to gain their purpose, nirvana had to be killed/made obsolete.
  • Terrastrike - Lost City
    Terrastrike - Lost City Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Good morning, Terra! :D

Afternoon Silok :D
    That last rant got the rage out of my system I think XP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Silok - Lost City
    Silok - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Afternoon Silok :D
    That last rant got the rage out of my system I think XP
    Woo! Now, we can get back to the fun in gchat and back into the rhythm of farming HH again. It's been so long since I've been in there, I'm gonna have to dig out the old notebook that listed the mat drops for bosses. b:laugh
  • voxtar
    voxtar Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Bye bye PWI, u screwed up.
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    someone who lives three hours ahead of that on the east coast, I sympathize with the sucktastic start times for events. I'd rather be doing other things than sitting in TW from 11PM-2AM, but it's something I live with if I want to be able to go to TW.

As a player on the east coast for me its better, having it later at night so I can actually participate, working days and evenings and all b:surrender & I for one am happy about these NW and what they bring, cannies and raps flooding the market are now being used for trading for other gear, yes for now, but people will always need them for thir r9 or vana etc, what bothers me is the dq fuq up, income for the lowbies who dont charge thats when the prices will plummet when no one knew can afford anything without charging
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    DUUUH
    I am not happy, Sour Grapes b:laugh
    Then read my post number 784 in this thread before you place foot deeper into your darkest deepest black hole. b:laugh
    How is that for Sour Grapes b:chuckle

Eh... it's one thing to be unhappy at PWI for the changes they made. But what you're doing is nothing more than a source of comedy for those of us who like it.

tldr ?

We're laughing at you. b:bye
  • Accalica - Heavens Tear
    Accalica - Heavens Tear Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lol. The day ya'll realize all your goals been auto completed for you, and you sit staring at the fancy flowers in archosaur cause their pattern give u more of a challenge to solve than any remaining instance...I'll just laugh. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~ Suspended on Silverwings ~
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Im not gonna even skim that, seems like seriously boring read. And in it`s essence I could write research on whatever I wished, it`s quality on other hand might be debatable depending on subject. If either of you had done any math, you would know that difference between N3 and R93rd cast is relatively less than it was between R8/TT99 and R9. I should bother with math but I suspect gap between N2 and R9 is larger than between R93rd cast and N3.

The change isnt w/o flaws but its better than keeping nirvy stuff as it was. It was ridiculously difficult fo farm, well not really difficult but to actually farm full set would require ridiculous amounts of keys and time. It was aimed towards hardcore farmers and needed to be changed. Not to forget how poorly thought instance Nirvana is, they had to make casters version just to generate some balance to farming income in the perfect world of Nirvana. For newer/readjusted instances to gain their purpose, nirvana had to be killed/made obsolete.

Like you are not interested in game mechanic involved in keeping the player type balanced and a long term viable game.

I am not interested in the mechanics of any armor other than endgame armor whatever is current standard at the time, any idiot can get endgame by farming or cash shopping long enough.

By the way its not called Endgame Armor for nothing.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    edited November 2012
    Eh... it's one thing to be unhappy at PWI for the changes they made. But what you're doing is nothing more than a source of comedy for those of us who like it.

tldr ?

We're laughing at you. b:bye

Glad to see I was of service to you master.
  • ane111
    ane111 Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I think thats a good thing. Adding more and more layers of upgrades makes gearing take longer and longer. This kind of power creep just keeps increasing the effort it takes to get 'good gear'. It was getting a little bit out of hand once you have 4 levels you have to wade your way through. This update resets that amount of effort back to what it was a year or two ago.

Having multiple tiers of gear is a good thing. It is what keeps people like me interested in this game for a long long time. What it means is I can keep improving. I get TT90, cool, I can do lots with that. I get TT99, nice, I can do a bit more now. Sweet, first cast Vana, wow, that was my goal. Hmmm.. now that I've met that, what should I do, I know, I'll go for second cast. Ooooh, now that I have second cast vana, maybe i'll try to farm my GR16. Its not as easy, but a skilled player can do any of the BH's with TT90, yes, TT90. You dont need GR16 to do them. You can do AEU, Nirvana, most TT's with this gear. I'm a 102 barb who has played a really long time, I have gone through this progression of gear. I have worked hard for it and I have been very proud of every stage and every piece I have gotten.

Make it a little easier to get, give us different ways to get it, I'm cool with that. But don't give it away. Don't make me feel like all of a sudden I have earned nothing over the past 4 years. So now, I dont really feel like playing during the week. Instead, I'm going to stay up until 1:30AM tonight to do NW because there is nothing in the game that will come close to these rewards. They took this from a game I played frequently, to a game I only play 4 hours a week.... when I should be sleeping. 2x used to be a reason for me to play my heart out.. now what's the point? b:surrender
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:laugh this is facking fun i really enjoin this who care lets by happy and enjoin this **** till still there b:thanks anyway farming nirvana is boringgggggggggggggggg as usually you use it for gears so really dont make profit it b:shutup
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Something that the people compaining are not putting into consideration

HOW as a dev team do you launch new instances when there is a gear gap that is night and day?

Solution: Allow everyone to catch up at a fraction of the cost. I think they just did that.

Now, devs can actually work on the next expansion with near = players and goal up a nice set of new instances.

Also, for every 1 person complaining atm there are 10 very happy people that are not even saying so on the forums, they are very content with either the cheaper gear or prices for mats or are very happy with the rewards from NW.

Personally In my own circle of friends im the only one that has even voted here. Add +50ish to my vote alone. On top of that I have 2 old friends that are reinstalling just for this feature. Vice versa for the upset people, they are yelling in full force so your seeing a 1/1 ratio of upset people in that vote. realisticly its only about 5% of the population that is mad/upset .. probably the same group that sits buying/selling hundreds of canny/rap and you never see except during 2x drop lol. The rest are happily plugging away.

IMO this reawakens the game and opens the door for alot of new things to come.