This is indeed a great great idea!
If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
Post edited by Spell_Caster - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Does his nation war dance...

It probably has the highest cost... even compare to TW. I burned out numerous silvers... and even had to equip an mp charm (probably my first since my zhen days). Only complaint is that I can't tell who I am hitting. I can usually tell what i am up against with the names of targets. Now I am just shooting blind and have to base my response off the first shot damage. At one point I also had to stealth away and watch a squad mate get chased by 10ish people... cause we have absolutely no coordination at all. Still by far the most fun I had in years.

Oh yea... QQ cause my g16 is worth less. Who the ****ing cares.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Nation wars was a good idea...

...I dunno about the supply tokens. If they wanted good gear accessible I could understand making an alternate gear that is slightly lower in stats or something. I don't agree with destroying the NV market.
  • MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide
    MyPixelsHurt - Raging Tide Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    first time i think ive ever agreed with u
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    NW are fun as hell, was epic pvp best i've ever had in this game
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • Aracnius - Dreamweaver
    Aracnius - Dreamweaver Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    completely agreed (o/

i love the not seeing other peoples names idea, makes it more challenging, and surprising
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:surrender
    -Waiting for the day they replace these stupid bear smilies with monkey ones
  • TripsOdom - Dreamweaver
    TripsOdom - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    completely agreed (o/

i love the not seeing other peoples names idea, makes it more challenging, and surprising

until u see my face
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Only complaint is that I can't tell who I am hitting. I can usually tell what i am up against with the names of targets. Now I am just shooting blind and have to base my response off the first shot damage.

Yea i love it too, finally can PVP in mass again, since PvP on Sanctuary has basically disapeared. Loads of Fun for everyone.

I already found way around that not knowing who your shooting. Click on someone, then right click their avatar image on top of screen and whisper them. it will show you who it really is.

As for the G16, yes i did waste all i had made in the game in 3 years on it. but who cares, i still get to say FIRST! whenever i see someone with a g16 Jaden Emperors Defiance, and now i can also make the rest of my armor, a slingshot, and daggers for my asssassin easily. so its all coool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Attempted - Harshlands
    Attempted - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited November 2012

It probably has the highest cost... even compare to TW. I burned out numerous silvers... and even had to equip an mp charm (probably my first since my zhen days). Only complaint is that I can't tell who I am hitting. I can usually tell what i am up against with the names of targets. Now I am just shooting blind and have to base my response off the first shot damage. At one point I also had to stealth away and watch a squad mate get chased by 10ish people... cause we have absolutely no coordination at all. Still by far the most fun I had in years.

Damn im missn out.. having trouble getting a job.... Cant wait 2 come back QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Look here, we all in
    Everyone is a target
    Teetering on insanity, reasonin' with the heartless
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I already found way around that not knowing who your shooting. Click on someone, then right click their avatar image on top of screen and whisper them. it will show you who it really is.

Its not hard to find out who the person is. But when there is 5-10 of them rushing at you... that isn't really an option. Judging the strength/skill/gear of a group is an important factor in how i engage. This is not a comfort that I can afford in nation wars.

As for the G16, yes i did waste all i had made in the game in 3 years on it. but who cares, i still get to say FIRST! whenever i see someone with a g16 Jaden Emperors Defiance, and now i can also make the rest of my armor, a slingshot, and daggers for my asssassin easily. so its all coool.

The way I see it is... there really is nothing wrong with giving up (the cost) a few piece of gears to have fun. After all, whats the point of having gears if you are not having fun with it.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    oh man it was great. At first i thought it might suck due to better geared people but, it was really balanced on LC. I can't remember the last time i had that much fun on PWI. Im hoping just as many people do it tomorrow i know we had around 400 people on LC
  • Geckofreak - Sanctuary
    Geckofreak - Sanctuary Posts: 2,280 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Its not hard to find out who the person is. But when there is 5-10 of them rushing at you... that isn't really an option. Judging the strength/skill/gear of a group is an important factor in how i engage. This is not a comfort that I can afford in nation wars.

when 5-10 are rushing at you, run away to your own lines, that means you advanced too far, as an archer, no matter how good you are, best plan of action is to stay behind your tanks, and kill the people trying to kill them, by keeping them alive, you get kills, and they stay as your personal meat puppets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    b:laugh It was indeed great fun. I think Sunday night will have even more folks there as the word has spread.

Thank you, PWI.

b:bye
  • Arawin - Raging Tide
    Arawin - Raging Tide Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree!

I had a lot of fun.
    At first I had no clue what I was doing, totally lost... but it was really fun. Thanks for adding NW! :)
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Gotta say even though Dark nation that I was in was getting rolled pretty hard - I had tons of fun. Now if PWE would be kind and bless us with charm sale, I`ll get loads, promise :).
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yea i love it too, finally can PVP in mass again, since PvP on Sanctuary has basically disapeared. Loads of Fun for everyone that actually lives in that time zone.

Fixed in red.
  • Buff_me
    Buff_me Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I should try it asap :x
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Great addition to the game. Was fun finding myself assisting and being assisted by new faces each battle. The not knowing who you're targeted on was kinda fun too. Took faction vs faction vendettas and egos out of it.

While I'm a bit irritated that this caused canny prices to hit the floor one week after I completed my s3 set, as Kiyoshi said, what's the point of getting gear if you're not gonna have a fun time using it.

Right after it ended though, I had more client crashes than I've had all year. Probably be worse after Sunday, since will have more participating.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Lost ~300mil to an event i cant take part of.. Thx PWE! :3

*cries a little, then returns to Raiderz*
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Since my TV and PC decided to die in the same week I missed this. I'm sensing that dying loses XP and items like regular PVP then?

Also, long shot here, does anyone know what failure to boot and a 6 beep POST code means with a dell studio xps?

I know its a hardware issue obviously, but as I'm currently on my zombie PC I can't imagine its the CPU, Video Card, or the motherboard.

Google has been little help. And so far no one at The Escapist has responded to my post there. I really don't want to use Geek Squad as they are NOTORIOUSLY useless and try to bilk you out of $250+ regardless of what the problem may be.

They would likely try to convince my that is a software issue or a virus that magically makes my PC not boot up, despite the obvious. I don't want to have to argue with someone that is used to cheating ignorant people that I am not a COMPLETE tyro when it comes to this, but I would love to hear how they plan on fixing a "software" issue when the PC won't even boot up to BIOS b:chuckle

Even if no one here has any help for me, this is still the longest I've been able to access the internet in 3 days, so I'm happy. Good zombie PC, keep it up b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver
    Ana///stacia - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    due to the nation wars thingy i farmed nirvana for nothing (making nirvana runs worthless) , a event i cant take part off due to the fact i need to sleep at night so i quit and nope im not raging what would be the point in it?, b:byebye guys ,and yes ik u wont miss me trololol
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Best thing ever !!!!

They have me addicted for at least another year now b:laugh
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    It was a lot of fun, and this expansion brought a lot of gear to farm via the nation wars.

Too bad they couldn't have grouped the east / west coast servers into 2 different Nation wars though. If on the Chinese version they have many severs in one war, and on ours we just have 1 server, so our rewards might be 5x what their rewards are, coupled with the fact our forges have a cheaper cost...

I wonder how it does balancing, i thought it might go by soulforce but not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Wow! I missed out this week because of Real Life Syndrome (was raising money for a charity:3) , but from all these videos popping up, it seems really fun!
    Its a refreshing change to not expect who you will be teamed up with or who you are fighting against in pvp because of the anonymity factor (obviously overwritten by whispering to the other players). I'm so glad PWE have made something almost anyone can participate in \o/ well done guys! I'll see you next time ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    From what my American and some more kamikaze EU friends said, NW sounds cool.
    Have fun all, too bad some of us have to sleep during night.. (I'm not QQing, NW indeed sounds awesome I'm just sad I can't participate in it)

So PWI.. give some good geared, old players from other countries some fun cave too?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Tomiatar - Archosaur
    Tomiatar - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    So everyone is happy for PvP features and laugh at the non-PvP players that complain...a good view of this screwed-up community, where everyone look at their own interests.

Even on PvE server,we had kind of PvP content already, the arena, the TW, the Cube...you wanted more PvP content, and you crushed a PvE instance for the sake of PvP....but who cares!, I like PvP **** those nubs PvE players! *** not my own problem Im happy!

They hadnt crushed anything u could go there all the times u want, u just will have less profit than u use to get. Is funny talking about everyone else are the one **** up meanwhile u ignore the fact that they hadnt remove ANY pve stuff, they just add another instance that if instead of comaplaining about u should play it u could have fun.

I play in a PVE server with no intention on making a char in a PVP server in my whole life and i still love the event, not only because of the profit that (i do cs a bit but not much) was really nice, but also because it was just good fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i have no clue about u guys complaining but i do play to have fun.
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Now all they need to do is fix the mushroom guys in RB so they drop coin again and maybe people will start to do full runs again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • RoseWater_ - Sanctuary
    RoseWater_ - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    1000% Happy w NW \o/ Im so ready to go again tonight! I just hope im off work in time, Im glad i can FINALLY gear up my AA account, been slowing working on g16, few pieces done now i can get that wep made :) I really love the pvp on smaller lvls, the 20v20 is jsut right, no lag and easier to work with the smaller group
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Sanctuary Psychic~
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Agree 100% w/ this being a wonderful addition.

I wasnt sure if I would stick with PW upon coming back recently for the expansion. After 1 fun night though ill be staying now. I find myself the next day wishing there was another NW allready lol

On a side note, Maybe we could help push for a Friday night, SAT morning, sunday afternoon NW set so that all time zones get met? Im in USA so this currently works for me but i do have a ton of Euro friends that are 4am times when friday even starts :/ Id be willing to voice up for them to get a early saturday morning NW :)

In addition, I have 2 more friends that havnt played in 3 years reinstalling atm as this new addition allows them to actually gear up and play the game. Prior to this they both quit as they couldnt keep up.

Good job PW team, was well worth my time to come back b:victory
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like you are not interested in game mechanic involved in keeping the player type balanced and a long term viable game.

I am not interested in the mechanics of any armor other than endgame armor whatever is current standard at the time, any idiot can get endgame by farming or cash shopping long enough.

By the way its not called Endgame Armor for nothing.

You do realize the importance refines/shard play in this game? Simply gaining the armor pieces w/o those wont push toons competent against real endgame geared toons /argument
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • kamet
    kamet Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Some of you people are ignorant enough not to understand the big picture they changed.

Nirvana? **** nirvana, but the economy and the farming part it played for the playerbase who enjoys it, that is not to be screwed if they want to keep the population. Same as the goal part of a game which is a vital part for many, sad to break the news..but many are acchievers/PvPers out there rather than socializers or online to watch how many different pretty flowers u can find on the game map. And yea, you should know the acchievers are the PvPers main target, as theyre up to par with gears and in for the challenge as an acchievement rather than the PvP person whos in it for the kill and joy of watching others go down.

Nirvana can be replaced if removed, replaced with something different, but the way PWI did this..is just bad game development as it effected so many players negatively in such short amount of time, without real replacement as of now. Making a PvP aspect pay an inprinted PVE aspects role for economy...is not a good idea.

Every game changes, yes. Every game gets a new shift in what's considered OP gears, yes. BUT. It usually doesnt happen over 1-2 wars as it does here. This just literally killed a part of the game that was vital to a huge amount of players, otherwise nirvana wouldnt have been as popular as it was to both casters and APS classes.

Gearshifts are supposed to happen naturally imo for the whole goal progress to work as it should, this was purely forced. Prices on nirvana items would have gone down as more people progress and complete their nirv s3s and started running it more efficent to bring more mats on the market. Prices have already gone down on most servers compared to what they were a year ago. This just crashed the market to the point where the instance was made into trash, putting many PVE players seeking where to go and what to farm, or questioning the value of their own gamestyle with this game as their goals and acchievements just turned into nothing, with no equal instance replacement.

Wait... What?

Your speaking about PW economy like its good or something lol

Nirvana played, has played and is still playing a major factor in how BORKED the current PW economy is. By no means am I saying that NW will fix the economy as its not been here long enough to know (probably wont) but by no means is it going to bork it anymore than it allready is. As far as im concerned, they could do away with the instance entirely or do like they did for lunar.. make it pretty much a BH only.

NW .. even if it messes with the economy is 1000 times funner than nirvana so if it borks the economy more.. so be it, least we can have some fun. If you still like nirvana (as I liked lunar) its still there for the enjoyment.

Please please though, do not try to say PW economy was good , I keep falling out of my chair laughing and hurting myself when i read that.

Thanks